Wolf Silver

By selbeed

Layla has grown up, has a child of her own, but that doesn't mean her story is over. Out one night she finds... More

Purification
In This Life
Hunting
The Chase
The Meeting and a Story
A Story From Hell
Missing
Monsters Come in All Forms
Time For Action
Distant Memories
The Night Raid
If You Go Out In The Woods Today... You'll Find A Wolf/ August Grey
Early Morning Light
So Now We Know
The Battle of the Red Stone Mountains

Wolf Silver

5K 87 10
By selbeed

The night was dark and haunting. There were few animals out moving in the shadows. Even the nocturnal owls had left the nights hunting and settled into their homes.  Layla, a beautiful grown woman was not bothered by the unusual night, she slipped through the night and into different clearings and stone paths.

As she grew out of her awkward teen years, getting caught between you six yearold self and her new teen emotions she learned to grow the hard way. But John had been strong beside her and Greg's love never ended. She became a powerful wolf, high ranked and magnificent. Still holding the tital of Ancient Pants and raising her new five year old son, Jebadiah Markus, and couldn't wait until she would soon bear another. Her dream of having a daughter burned bright in her mind. Her love for her neices and nephew (Alison had carried another daughter after baby John). So now a family was growing bigger and brighter into the future. Everything seemed peacfull and perfect.

But what Layla stumbled upon that cold night would only prove that their journey is not finished.

New POV

"Kill her!" The man shouted waving a had violently over me. His partner looked down at me a swirll of fear and anger in his eyes. I shivered wanting to crawl away. How did I get here? I remember running, having felt aching muscles move freely and openly like never before. Laying here now I felt trapt and scared, where did that freedom go?

"You kill her! She's your mistake!" The second man finally concluded. I watched their faces, I knew they had been haunting me for many years floating in and out of bright white lights. With their faces came the pain, white hot burning pain that would start from my arm and flow through my body.

"Fine! Get out of my way." He shouted and took the spear from the second man. I flinched away and put my hand up to guard my face, or maybe my sight from my dismal end. "May God have mercy on your soul and free the demon that has possed your body." He whispered, like he actually felt pity for me. "I tried to cure you, I truly did, now the rest is up to God." He hifted it up hifher and was about to bring the sharp gleaming point.

A violent growl broke the night, followed by screams. I chanced a look, and couldn't believe my eyes. Standing over my, almost protectivly, a massive wolf towered over me. Sharp bright teeth were barred and red gums created a sadistic look to it. The men dropped to the ground and tried to slide away, begging for forgivness. The wolf leaned down and the hairs on it's back stood on end and bright brown eyes narrowed on them.

"GET OUT!" It barked. Wait? Did i hust understand a wolf? The men didn't move their eyes were wide and frightened.

"Oh Lord forgive us!" They cried and tried to pull away.

"Leave! Now!" It barked, I noticed it had a female sound to it. The wolf was a girl? "Get off my land before I RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!" The rant got louder and louder until both men jumped to their feet and bolted it out of there as fast as they could. The wolf moved then stepping away from me and turning.

She is stunning.

Light grey, almost white face with a black cresent moon on her face and on her one hip, which was a darker shade of grey had a white star. I shivered and backed away. The hairs on her back lowered and she laid down slowly onto her tummy and stared at me, her tail wagging. Her tounge hanging out of her mouth, she was panting. I shifted up so I was sitting. I wanted to say something. "Hello." She barked.

"You speak?" I said, supprising myself by actually let my voice slip out. It sounded so strange to me. A stranger to myself.

"I speak. You understand me." She said and chuckled, I think she smiled too.

"Are... are you going to eat me?" I asked softly looking away, afraid of her answer.

To my suprise she laughed again, her head turning up and a mixture of growls and chuckles escaping her chest. "I'm not the big bad wolf." She said getting up and stepping up to me and nudging me with her nose. "My name is Layla, I live around here." She chuckled again. "Besides I don't like the taste of human. It's too canibalistic."

"Huh?" I responded. Chuckling she leaned down beside me.

"Get on and I'll take you to my home. My brother will be able to help you." I brought my arms up and wrapped them around her neck, in a swift movement she flicked me over so that I hung on to her back. "Hang on tight." She glanced at me then broke into a sprint and weaving expertly through the trees.

I couldn't believe the speed. She is big, so maybe that was why, she must feel really free.

After only a few minutes of running she came to a stop in a clean cut backyard. Some of the windows were lit up and glowing orange into night. The back door banged open and a large man stepped out, a scowl on his face. "What do you think you are doing?" he snapped at us. Layla shrugged my off and shrugged.

"Running, what does it look like?" she replied sarcastically. How could she be so brave in front of someone so dangerous looking?

"You know how dangerous it is! You're not a child any more..." He trailed off his rant and his gaze dropped on me. I shied away and too Layla's side. "Layla who's this?" he asked looking at me.

"I found her in the woods. Two men were about to kill her with a spear." The man growled, much like Layla did when she came between the men and I. His jaw clenched together tightly and his knuckles turned white. His anger scared me even more, his eyes seemed to grow dark. "Don't worry." Layla whispered to me. She seemed completely unaffected by his rage. "John, you're scaring her." She stated calmly. John instantly let his anger go and gave me a soft look.

"Come inside." He waved us in. Layla brushed me forward to walk beside her. I held on to her side as she led me foreward. Stepping into the warm room I met with an intoxicating aroma. A bright happy woman danced around the kitchen to the radio putting away the remains of a meal.

"Layla! Why didn't you help me with the dishes?" She complained as we walked in. How does a wolf help with the dishes?

"I'll be right back." Layla said and scooted away heading down the hall, i could hear the pounding of steps as she ran upstairs. Two male voices following them, one young the other older, huskier.

Looking around John and the dancing woman watched me carefully. "What's your name?" The woman asked gently putting a hand on my upper arm and leading me to a small dining table. Her and John took the other seats. I stared at the woman blankly, no on ever really called me anything. I dipped my head to remember. Many times I had heard a voice that would call to me, late in the night when I was laying in the dark. It was a small sweet voice that I wanted to hang on to, it reminded me of a time that was not filled with the burning pain.

"Samantha." I whispered, remember hearing the name being screamed, they nodded. Thumping announced someone comnig down the stairs. I turned around expecting to see the giant white wolf. Instead a woman stepped into view, she had light brown hair and soft brown eyes that shown, a happy smile on her face.

"Mommy!" A little boy cried running up to her and clutting her legs. "I want to go running!" He whinned she smiled and lifted him up.

"Tomorrow morning I'll take you." She promised and put him down, taking the last seat at the table beside me. She smiled brightly. "I'm Layla." She smiled at me again.

My heart skipped a beat as I stared at her. Was it just a coincident that the wolf shared the same name was this woman beside me. She must have noticed my confusion. "Yes, I was that wolf." She grinned like it was some sort of joke. "I am that wolf you saw. I'm a werewolf."

++++++++++++

Teaser chapter for the sequal to Wolf Runt :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
23.6K 577 27
Layla Locke never really gave much thought to anything other than school, but when she encounters a group of boys, she is brought deep into her surpr...
1.3K 43 20
After loosing her mom in a rogue attack Ava takes the leap to move in with her Birth Father in a new town, new state and a new pack! Expecting nothin...
6.7K 257 19
Completed! One family was able to have one child. The family made up of Jasmine's mother and father. Sadly, the mother died from an attack on the pac...