Wolves in the Woods (Complete)

Galing kay nightcat

Casee is a misfit, a complete fluke, and she is on the run for more than just her life; she is running for he... Higit pa

The Wolves in the Woods
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 1-Welcome to Hell
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 2-Mangy Dog!
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 3-She's Damn Feisty
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 4-First Assignment
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 5-Pack...Torture...Killer
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 6-Kill Them All
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 7-Going to Bed
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 8-Why in Heaven or Hell...
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 10-Self-Destruct
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 11-Don't get your panties in a bunch!
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 12-I'm nothing speical
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 13-My Dear Daughter
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 14- Sit
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 15-Cries of an Alpha
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 16-Challenge
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 17-Three Notches
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 18-Thank you
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 19-Stay with her
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 20- I've had worse
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 21- A rock and a hard place
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 22- Pretty Little Thing
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 23- A Miracle
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 24-Soulmate
The Wolves in the Woods Rewrite of Chapter 24- Lost in Love.
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 25- Good Mood
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 26- Force to be Reckoned With
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 27- Back before you know it
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 28- I'm Here
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 29-Human Girl in a Werewolf World

The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 9-Word of the Werewolf

17.9K 411 12
Galing kay nightcat

Ok I am SO SORRY!!!!! I know you must all hate me for not uploading for like 3 weeks but my computer is dying so I can only use my moms and she uses it a lot too so I don't get a lot of time but i hope this chapter is good for all of you loving fans! 

Vote

Comment XD

FAN!!!  

Not edited so PLEASE dont yell at me for spelling, grammer, ect!

When I awoke again I was alone in the save room, and cold without Seth beside me with his blazing heat. I sat up in bed and stretched toward the sky hearing several of my vertebras pop. The sun was shining through the window, quick I found out was also werewolf proof, in my face, and I loved the feeling of its warm caress. I felt good this morning, strange because I wasn’t a morning person at all, but yet I felt like I would do anything today. It also felt god knowing that I had no nightmares last night, a first ever since Joecee’s death five years ago.

I jumped out of bed feeling my stomach growl like a garbage disposal. Another thing I shared with the full-blooded werewolves, their appetite. I almost skipped to the door and unlocked the few locks that Seth must have done when he left after waking up. Thank God he didn’t lock the handprint scanner because I would have starved by the time they found me, my tummy agreed with the statement by letting out another roar.     

I yanked the heavy vault door open, and it was freaking heavy! I swear sweat also popped up on my forehead as I pried that sucker open. Finally, I made my way to the hall. I looked to the left and to the right, feeling somewhat weird and out of place walking through the halls alone without Seth. Plus the fact that the last time I stepped out this door I was nearly attacked by a raging werewolf; ah fond memories. 

I inched quietly down the hall, sticking to the hall like it was my life support, keeping my eyes and ears alert for any signs of another attack. Maybe I was paranoid, maybe not, either way I wasn’t letting anyone sneak up on me if possible. I kept inching my way down the longest hallway in history, toward the kitchen when the smell of food hit me like a ton of bricks.  

Instantly forgetting about killer werewolves, I ran nearly at a sprint to the kitchen. I didn’t see anyone in the hallway or the living room as I ran past. They were probably all stuffing their faces full of the delicious food that I could almost taste in the air. God I hope they saved a least a little for me. If not I guess I wouldn’t be a big deal, I had gone days without eating a crumb before.

I slowed as I reached the stained glass doors. By the time I placed my hand on the doorknob I could distinctly pick out the smell of bacon and a few other things that made my taste buds scream with joy knowing that soon those delicious smells will soon be taste upon my tongue.

In my haste I throw the door open and rushed through the doorway, only to find that there was a wall right inside that they must have made in the wee hours of the morning because I think I would have remember something as significant as a wall inside the kitchen doorway.   

The impact landed my right on my ass, and completely confused, until I looked up to find not a wall but Seth? No this made no sense. It took me a second before I realize that this guy wasn’t Seth, his hair was a cleaner cut where Seth’s was shaggy and in need of a trim. He was also dressed in a crisp pressed white button up shirt, black slacks, and shinny dress shoes. I had a feeling it would be harder then pulling teeth to get Seth into something like that.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t see you there! Are you..ok?” He ended it sounding confused as he looked down at me, eyebrows scrunched. “And may I ask who the fuck are you and why are you in my house?” Well obviously no one thought to fill him in.   

“Well don’t go getting your panties in a knot. You wouldn’t want to end up in the basement like Bruce did, now would you Aden?” I sneered as I pulled myself off the ground, brushing the fake dust off my pajamas, which reminded me that I needed new clothes, but that could wait until later.

“How do you know who I am?” I took pride that I knew who he was and he didn’t know who I was. At least someone knows how I felt now!

“Why don’t you go ask your twin?” I said smirking as I skirted around him in heaven.

            Bumping into Aden had temporarily silenced my food-deprived tummy but now that there were, no more distractions it roared back to life, almost painfully screaming for food.   

            “Oh Casee dear I was just loading up plates for everyone, would you like some chicken fried steak and eggs?” Amy asked me, gesturing to the food with a spatula.

“Yes please.” I said respectfully. Probably a first to a werewolf other than an Alpha because if you didn’t show respect then you were libel to lose your life.

It wasn’t until Amy nodded and turned back to the food did I realize that all eyes were on me. It felt like I was suddenly breakfast instead of the chicken. Their predatory gazes sent shivers down my spine and I fought against the fear hoping it didn’t should in my scent. Nothing triggered a werewolves instincts like the smell of fear coming from anything they considered prey.

I held my head tall and walked to Amy’s side, hopefully being near her would calm my nerves. I still didn’t like that some of these wolves had a positive effect on me but in this moment I was grateful.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked, staying close to her side whether there was something for me to do or not.  

“Yes, you can grade the cheese into that ball over there for the eggs. Some of them like it other don’t and I’m not going to remember so they can put it on themselves!” She said handing me a huge block of cheddar, a grader, and a large bowl.

“Okay.” I said and went to work.

Several other females and ever a male or too all work on the finishing touches to breakfast, while the others set the table.

“That’s enough Dear.” Amy said as I was about half way through the block and nearly filled the whole bowl.   

“Okay.” I said, setting the grader into the sink and the remainder of the cheese in a zip lock bag and pressing the air out of it before returning it to the fridge.  I swear I could get lost in this fridge, it was absolutely humongous and could store several people easily. It had little drawer and slide out shelves, a temperature control system. The fact that a fridge was so technology advanced was blowing my mind and my common sense.

I was walking back towards Amy’s protective presents when she turned her head back to me and asked, “Dear can you grab the bowl of cheese and that plate of bacon, and follow me to the table and we can eat!”

I grabbed the cheese and reached for the bacon, taking a moment to inhale the incredible smell waffling to my nose from the grease painted porcelain.

Amy motioned for me to follow her into the dining room. I took a seat next to her with a small smile trying to hide my terror. I was alone in a room with at least twenty werewolves. Twenty harry, ferial, most likely human eating werewolves. To say that I was scared shitless was an understatement.  

I could feel my heart hammering inside my chest and prayed that they couldn’t smell my fear. So far I had been up and almost interacting with these unknown werewolves for an hour or so and remained unscratched and not an entrée for breakfast, and I’d like to keep it that way.

Before everyone started digging in, Amy stood and all attention turned to her. Wow they really were a bunch of well trained puppies! Amy waited until the room was silent before she started. “Well I would like to start out with saying good morning to everyone,” she paused when greeted with an answering chorus of good mornings in return. Most of the wolves that sat around the table had smiles on their faces as they continued to give Amy their full attention. She really was a woman to respect in this pack. I didn’t think such women existed.

But not all eyes were trained on Amy, some were glued to me, I wasn’t sure how to interpret the looks that these wolves gave me, but never the less they made me want to shrink away and hide under a rock where they could never find me. It made me extremely happy that no one had claimed the seat beside me. The thought of sitting next to someone other than Amy or Seth truly scared me to near death. And speaking of Seth I wonder where he is this morning? From my understanding he was ordered last night by Charles to never leave my side. Maybe I finally got to him and no matter his dads orders he was ditching me. It was completely possible; I was a bitch after all. No pun intended.   

“Lastly,” Amy continued, “I would like to introduce you all to Casee. She will be staying with us for as long as necessary. I expect you all to be on your best behavior and treat Casee with respect.” She gave several young men pointed looks which they returned with knowing smirks of mischief. I made a note to keep an eye out for these guys they looked like trouble, and they were already wolves to begin with. “Without further ado, dig in and enjoy.” Amy finished and took her seat beside me again and started scooping up her eggs onto her fork.

There was almost a cry of joy followed by the crunching of toast and the scrape of metal utensils against the plates. I looked up discreetly through my lashes and watched the food literally disappear before my eyes like a magic show. Where did they put it all? I asked myself, not for the first time in my life.

I started in on my own breakfast, cutting into the chicken fried steak topped with an egg over easy. I popped the first piece into my mouth and moan as the taste hit my tongue. I almost did a little happy dance in my seat but somehow controlled myself. Amy’s delicious food made me forget everything else around me. I forgot that I was surrounded my werewolves, creatures that I have feared since birth. I forgot that my dad and his Pack were probably still after me. I even almost forgot about Seth, who had held me all night last night and kept the dreams that haunt me at bay. Almost but not quiet.

Speaking of Seth, where is he? I haven’t seen him all morning. I mean wasn’t he suppose to be protecting me from his psycho wolves and making sure that I stayed out of trouble? Which I guess is a pretty difficult job, I couldn’t even do it.

As if summoned by my thoughts, the vacant chair next to be was pulled out, making a eerie skidding sound across the polished hardwood floors. My heart stopped as I looked up and met Seth’s grey gaze.            

“Well good morning Mrs.Trouble, enjoying Amy’s cooking again?” He said in a low whisper as he took his seat beside me.

“Mrs.Trouble?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, someone who can cause trouble within five minutes of waking up deserves a title of sorts.” He explained giving me a look.

“Oh,” I said, “And what trouble have I caused this morning?”

“Maybe it was telling my brother, who came home early from a three month business trip, and I quote ‘Well don’t go getting your panties in a knot. You wouldn’t want to end up in the basement like Bruce did’?” He questioned me with a smirk fleeting across his lips.  

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I said smiling what I hope was innocently. By the expression on his face I didn’t succeed very well.

“That wasn’t the smartest idea Casee.” He said turning serious. “He’s the-”

I cut him off before he could continue. “Can we wait until I finish eating before you lecture me?” Translation; we are surrounded by werewolves that are not only staring but are listening to every word we are saying.

I hoped that my eyes translated the message as clear as possible.

Seth didn’t reply but nodded and turned back and dug into his own breakfast, but not before resting a hand on my leg. I could feel the heat of his hand seeping through the thin silk material of my barrowed pajama pants. My breath hitched in my throat and goose bumps rose in waves on my arms. I fought the shudder from running down my spine. I didn’t want to feel like this, at least not for a werewolf!

But Seth was different, right? He hasn’t hurt me like my Fathers wolves did whenever the chance arose. But he could hurt me at any time. Was he trying to get close to me so the pain stung worse than ever before? Or was this real affection, or just a show of dominance to keep the other males away?

I was so consumed with my thoughts that I almost missed Seth squeeze my leg as if he knew about the thoughts ripping through my mind. I chanced a glace up at him and found him gazing down at me with an almost sad expression.

Suddenly he leaned down towards me, panic shot through my for an instant when I thought he was going to kiss me, but when I felt his warm breath on my ear my racing heart beat slowed but not my much.

“I will never hurt you.” He whispered as quietly as a summer breeze. There was so much emotion in those few words that tears began to prickle in my eyes.

The only question was; could I trust the word of a werewolf?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.2K 118 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...
1.2M 15.6K 27
Tales of a family of werewolves that have to push through all of those who are determined to stand in their ways in finding happiness. But luckily f...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...