Unexpected Bliss

Oleh delialoha

Savannah Violet is a 17 year old professional surfer living in Hawaii with her two crazy brothers and widowed... Lebih Banyak

1| Roll With It
2| Oh Hell NoOoOoooo
3| Shit's Gettin Real
4| Everything's Just Peachy
5| The Beginning of the Storm
6| Crashing Night Waves
7| Revelations
8| Fried
9| Truth Is
10| "Family"
11| Competing
Thank You!
12| Disaster!! Destruction!! Devastation!!
14| Hey Girl Hey Boy
15| So High

13| Its Gettin Hot in Here

29 1 0
Oleh delialoha

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Agh the stupid alarm again....

I slowly open my eyes and to my surprise I'm in my AP Marine bio classroom.... This must be a nightmare... I'm gonna go back to-

Just then my thoughts are interrupted when I realize there's an arm around me and my head has been resting on a shoulder, and I'm curled up in my desk against another body.  I slowly look up and see his face.

Nate.

He actually looks so peaceful when he sleeps, and soo attractive....

Wait a second... WHAT AM I DOING!? I quickly jump up out of the desk, then looking over to see a blinking timer, showing it had been 30 minutes. We must've fallen asleep. 

"Finally you're awake." Ms hallow says turning her chair around from behind her desk, which startles me and I jump.

"Ms. Hallow-" just then Nate's arm grabs my hand and pulls me back over to him, but he's still asleep.

"Come backk I miss you". He mumbles.

I laugh, he's sleep talking... This is hilarious.

"NATHANIEL!" Ms. hallow suddenly yells

He jumps awake, looks at her blinking his eyes, then looks down at our hands, still intertwined and he smirks at me for a moment, to which I remove my hand, and he looks up at our teacher.

"Sorry Holla whatdya need?" I laugh at his nickname for her.

She glares at him. "Like I said before, I need to go to a meeting, but you two need to stay here and wash every single lab table, window, and corner of the floor until it's spotless. I'll be locking you in so there's no escape from this. I'll be back in 2 1/2 hours so it better be perfect or you'll have another detention." We both groan, then accept the buckets, mops, and sponges she prepared for us as she explained what we had to do.

"Alright I'm out. Now remember your job- and I'm still here in the school so I might check up on you." We nod, and she exits, locking the door behind her as she said she would.

Right away, I take a bucket full of soapy water and several sponges and head over to the first lab table I see.  I start to clean some equipment along with the table top, not paying attention to see what Nate was doing.  After around 20 minutes, I was just about finished with that table and it's equipment (they're really big lab tables with lots of equipment, and there's only 4 of them). All of a sudden as I'm scrubbing, my arm knocks my bucket of water over the side of the table.

"Are you kidding me!?" I hear Nate's voice say. I look over next to me to see his shirt is drenched in the water. He must've been walking around mopping and I just spilled water all over him. Smooth.

"Nate I'm sorry..."

"I've never been more furious in my life."

"Really?"

"Maybe, maybe not." He says, a sly grin playing across his face. I nudge him.

"Stop messing with me... I'm actually sorry okay."

"You owe me golden girl." He says with a wink. He starts to walk towards the sink, then takes off his shirt, revealing his tight and toned abs and back muscles. He messes with his hair then looks across to me, noticing me staring. A huge gorgeous grin spreads across his face. "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer." He says smirking and walking towards me. My heartbeat starts beating so fast I feel like it will literally pop out of my chest. I can't stop thinking about and looking at his abs, his face, his smile... Everything.

"Why did you just take that off" I ask, now standing less than a foot away from him.

"It was soaking wet thanks to you!" He says nudging me on the shoulder lightly. He looks me up and down.
"And now I think it's payback time." He says with a smirk. He then grabs the water bucket from the table behind me and dumps it over my head, completely soaking me in it. It drips all the way down to my feet, and I'm instantly freezing. I look up at him with the biggest glare on my face.

"What the HELL was that for?!" I say as I stomp away from him and walk over to the cabinet, taking out towels to dry myself off, but before I can reach it he puts his arms around my waist and spins me around to face him.

He grabs a strand of my hair and twirls it between his fingers, keeping his other hand around my waist.

"You mess with me, I mess with you" he says with a smirk. I scowl at him and try to turn away, and as my feet start to turn, they slip on the water covered floor, forcing my body right onto his, now pressed against the side of the table. My hands push his chest creating a small space between us. His eyes widen. "What's wrong golden girl, are you a little nervous? You get a little clumsy when you're nervous." Embarrassed, I start to turn away and roll my eyes at him, but he doesn't let me escape his hands, still around my waist.

"Nate- you can't keep..." I start

"Can't keep what?" He says smirking.

"Can't keep being rude... Putting me into these situations...making me feel..." I say, mumbling the last part.

"Making you feel what?" He says, inching his face closer to mine, if that's even possible. I'm completely lost in his eyes, I forget whatever it was I had to say, the deep, warm, brown eyes that seem to challenge yet comfort me.

He cups my face in his hand, leaning closer.

"Savannah, don't fight it."

I can't breathe suddenly.

"Fight what" I manage to whisper out, realizing we were so close my lips had brushed against his at the words, but I don't move away.

"This." He says, closing his eyes and pressing his body closer to mine and at that exact moment-

Ms. Hallow walks in.

Before his lips could touch mine, before a huge fire could've started.

"Ahem."

I back away from our embrace, blushing heavily with embarrassment looking over to Ms. Hallow. Nate murmurs something like 'dammit' under his breath.

"Ms. Hallow, I just-"

"It's 6:00" she interrupts me. "Detention is over. Although it looks like we'll need another one next weekend considering how poorly you two did with cleaning." Nate smirks at this, I roll my eyes.
"So get out!" She yells.

I quickly walk away and grab my bag before heading out of the room, and once I'm in the hallway, he grabs my hand from behind.

"What're you doing tonight?" He asks, me still not facing him.

"Nothing with you" I say, continuing to walk.

"Well that's not what I was asking" he says, letting go of my hand.

I turn around. "Then why?"

He brushes off his shirt, still wet, as he speaks. "Well I was just assuming that you would be heading to the nightshred fest"

Oh I forgot about that actually. It's a thing that happens every year, kind of a 'black market' surfing competition. I usually don't go anymore, since the last time I went one of the worst things ever happened to me.

"Oh, that"

"So are you going?"

"...no I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I mean, I haven't gone to it in 5 years."

"Well, go tonight."

"But..."

"I'll see you there golden girl." He says, interrupting me as he proceeds to walk ahead of me and out the door.

Damn he frustrates me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk in the front door, it's exactly 6:15. I look around for Shawn but there's no sign of him so far.

I can't stop thinking about Nate.

I just can't.

No matter how hard I try.

My phone beeps.

I quickly take it out of my pocket and unlock it.

A text.

Oh, it's Shawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shawnieprawnie:

Hey Sav, I thought about what you said- I'm gonna go see Jules

I'll be home... Later I guess
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm happy for him... At least something's going right. But I still have no idea what to do about Nate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JULIA'S POV:

"Jules do you need anything sweetie?"

"No mom!" I say quickly, trying not to take my eyes off my notebook, in which I have been furiously writing. I had already finished all of my homework hours ago, right after I left Shawn's...

"Are you sure?"

Knowing my mom, She will just keep asking. "Okay I guess just some water"

I look down at my pencil in my hand, it's shaking, well, my hand is shaking... Why am I so upset... It's just a boy... I didn't expect anything of him anyways...

The door opens and in walks my mother.

"Here." She says setting down the water glass on my side table. I feel her gaze drift over to my notebook. "What're you writing about honey?"

I don't look up at her. "Thanks for the water mom."

She lifts my chin up to face her. "Jules what's wrong?"

I turn back to my notebook, closing it and shoving it into my drawer. "Nothing mom." I say and walk out of the room. I run through the long hallway leading to the staircase, and make my way out of the house and into the backyard.
I grab my beach blanket from the shed and walk down to the beach.

You can't be stupid Julia. He'd never be interested in you. Shawn's a player. He only wants the gorgeous girls who will give him what he wants. You'd never qualify.

There's never gonna be anyone for you, you'll always be the smart, nerdy girl that nobody actually wants to spend time with.

I pull out my phone and turn on some music, trying to distract myself in some way.

I got you,
I got everything
I got you,
I don't need nothing more than you

I let jack johnsons peaceful voice take over my mind, trying to relax as the ocean sounds synthesize with the music.

"Jules!?" My mother's voice interrupts my peace.

"I don't need anything mother!" I yell, going back to my peaceful state. I start to pull my long wavy blonde hair out of its loose braid and stare down at my yellow sundress, and realize I'm suddenly cold. I'm about to run inside to get a jacket when a blanket is placed over my shoulders and back. A body sits down next to mine on my other blanket, immediately giving off warmth at the touch.

"Hey."

Shawn.

I slowly look over to him, it's really him. This can't be happening.

"Wha-"

"I needed to come and talk to you."

I look over to the ocean, wrapping my arms around my knees.

"Okay."

"Julia... I"

There's a pause and he takes a deep breath.

"I think I like you, and that rarely happens for me..."

I listen silently

"And..."

"What about Siena?" I whisper, still looking out at the water.

"I never liked Siena, we kind of kissed once, but I never wanted it to happen again. She initiated it, and I've been embarrassed of it ever since. She won't get off my back, and you didn't deserve to have to witness that."

"What're you saying Shawn?" I whisper again, this time looking at him. His hazel eyes now seem more capturing than ever before, his brown hair perfectly messy, looking like he had ran his fingers through it a million times before coming here.

"I'm saying that I like you, Siena's out of the picture and I-"

"I like you too." I say with a smile.

He smiles back, and it's the biggest most beautiful smile I've ever seen, his perfectly white teeth practically glowing.
"Really?"

"Yeah." I say, now blushing.

"Does this make tutoring off limits now?"

"Well- it could make it more fun..." I say, in a hushed tone.

A huge smirk forms on his face. "Julia!"

I giggle and he smiles at it.

"You have a really cute laugh"

I giggle again.

He kisses me on the cheek.

"I don't think I can get enough of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY PEOPLE!

SORRY it took me 7252728628 years to update

My life is crazy busy rn and I just haven't found time to finish chapters. I'll like write a page every once in a while and then something comes up and I'm busy again.
BLAME MY TEACHERS & HOMEWORK, not me.

Anywayyys I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll try to update the next one sooner!

-deelz

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

41.4K 2.2K 12
The day Aurora Matthews met Trey Arlington, just happened to be the day when she lost her summer job. She began to wonder why he always seemed to be...
60.7K 3.4K 74
"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐๐จ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž?" Starting her junior year, Lia DeMarco's pred...
319K 8.9K 20
A cute little romance on a beach in Australia โ˜ผ 18-year-old Indy has finally returned to her mother's pretty little beachfront cottage, where she use...
2.7K 624 34
He looks into my eyes and I begin to feel hypnotized by his blue orbs,"Ro, do you love me?" My head swarms with thoughts as my heart pounds,"yes, I l...