Forever & Always (Forever & A...

By TrishaHarrington

"Hey, I'm Noah. Who are you?" he said, and that was how it started, how we started as small children in the p... More

Message From The Author
Starting High School
The Strength Of Friendship
A Not So Sudden Change
In The Light Of Day
Everything Comes Crashing Down
The Past, Part I
The Past, Part II
A Sudden Realization
A New Beginning
The Adjustment Period
Helping A Friend
A New Life
Facing The Truth
Celebrating Firsts
Return To The Lions Den
Hidden Suspicions
Friends & Foes
A Little Surprise
Time To Prepare
When One Door Closes...
Another Door Opens
Jesse's Fifteenth Birthday
Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Finding Our Roles
The Wicked Witch
We Love What's Broken
Welcome To The World Baby J
Be Mine Forever
Let's Get It On
My Heart Is Yours Forever
A Fortnight In Paradise
Forever & Always
Thank you!
Update!

Interview with Jesse & Noah

1.4K 52 28
By TrishaHarrington

I walk through the trees of the lake. The beauty of the warm summer day steals my breath. Through the tree’s I see them. Although no longer young and free, they still look as good as the day I started writing them.

I walk down to the small table they’re sitting at. Jesse notices me first. He gives me a big hug, a huge smile on his face. Noah takes his turn hugging me and motions for me to sit in the chair. He then takes his place beside Jesse, who in turn stands and sits on his lap.

I smile up at them. Clearly still in love after all these years. I clear my throat, “So, are you two ready?”

Jesse nods, “We’ve been waiting to do this interview for a while now. I’m excited and I know Noah is too.” Noah’s only response is a quick nod.

“So how’s everything now?” I ask gently.

Noah looks at Jesse and smiles sadly, his eyes water. Jesse’s the one who speaks. “I’m not long for this world; to be honest months is all I have. But I’ve come to accept this and I’m embracing the time I have left. I’ll be buried in our lake when I go, and that’s my way of staying connected to my life after I’m gone.”

“Noah,” I ask. “How do you feel about all this?”

He looks at his husband again. The man on his lap reassures him with a tender smile. “I’ve not been the happiest man in the world. The thought of losing Jesse kills me on a daily basis.” Hi face hardens. “I’m not going to live without my husband. Our souls have been connected for far too long.”

I nod. “You both should know a lot of people care about you and what happens to both of you. So I thought maybe you could answer some questions for them.”

Both men smile at me. “We’d be happy to answer your questions, Trisha.”

“Okay, to start off with an easy one. When did you two first realise you were in love?”

Jesse’s chuckle is friendly and amused. “Well darling, I think most people know the answer. I fell in love with him in the playground, the day we met.”

Noah rolls his eyes and kisses his husband. “The same with me, though I still don’t know how he fell in love with me.” He chuckles at Jesse’s appalled look. “After all, I was just a dumb jock.”

“You were not!” Jesse tumps the back of Noah’s head. “Noah was a lot smarter than he ever gave himself credit for.”

They kiss, a sweet little kiss that has so much love I feel uncomfortable intruding. The men look blissfully happy all these years later. I notice how Jesse still clings to Noah. And the way Noah protects Jesse from everything. Some things never change I guess. No matter how old or young you are.

“Sorry Trisha, I just can’t hold my angel and not love on him.” Noah’s apology isn’t necessary. In fact I’m glad they can’t get enough of each other.

“It’s fine, I’m glad you two are still in love and happy, it’s everyone’s dream.”

I smile at their blush. “So, a question I’ve wanted to ask you for a while. What’s your favourite part about each other?”

Jesse’s first in again. “Well, for me it’s Noah’s heart. Everything about him is so wonderful, but his hear is just…” He shivers in Noah’s lap.

Noah’s response is sweet and expected. “Jesse’s eyes are it for me. I think everyone knows how I feel about his eyes.”

“We do.” I tell him. “I think anyone who’s read your stories has seen that.”

“I think he talks about my eyes every day.  It’s sort of funny when you think about it, they’re nothing special.” Jesse says.

To stop the argument I see brewing, I ask the next question. “What has been the toughest part of your relationship?”

“For me, it was when Jesse was in his coma. I him to wake up so badly, it hurt, I mean it really hurt.” Noah’s answer is to be expected.

Jesse’s answer kind of shocks me. “The lies, before we got together and the very beginning. It was the hardest thing. I hate the thought of lying to him and that’s what I did. I hated lying to him and for me it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.”

“Angel, I know why you did it, and I never blamed you.” He seals the words with a deep kiss. Jesse moans into Noah’s mouth, the moment brings a lot to light.

“Sorry again,” Noah pants, breathlessly.

“No, no,” I reply. “It’s fine. Now a question that ties in with your answer, what would you have done if Jesse had not woken up?”

Noah’s eyes darken; the obvious pain he feels makes me sad. It’s like he’s back in that place again. I see Jesse notices; he kisses Noah on the mouth and hugs him tightly.

“It’s a question several people have asked, and I’ve debated it several times. My honest to God’s answer, is I would have died with him. No way could I ever live without him. Even if we hadn’t been together then, my heart tells me I would have died.”

Both men have tears in their eyes, I can feel the love. It’s palpable in the air. “I’m glad Jesse came back to you,” I tell him. Noah nods. “Believe me, I know. I’ve felt the same way since he did.”

“Ask me my next question. I don’t think Noah will be able to talk for a while.” Jesse asks while kissing his husbands neck.

“Okay,” I say. “Where do you think you’d be if you hadn’t met Noah?”

“Dead,” is his reply. I don’t know who’s more taken aback, Noah or me. But I know the two of us look at him.

“Noah has always been my rock. He was the one who supported me when I was too young to really help myself. Without him there is no reason. I’ve discovered a lot about myself over the years, and it always comes back to that. I can’t really live without him because without him there’s nothing left.”

I look away so the men can share a moment. The sadness at the thought has me thinking, and I know my next question won’t be an easy one. Noah’s looking at me expectantly.

“Noah, do you ever wish you had done things differently? If yes, what would they be?”

All of a sudden he looks as old as his age. The wrinkles deepen and he frowns. “I would have told someone about Andrea. I would have saved my angel from suffering the way he did. And most importantly, I would have never, ever let Nathan touch my boy the way he did. I would have given Jesse a better life if I could change things.”

“My life has not always been easy, but it’s been the perfect life.” Jesse says to him. “Do you know why that is Noah?”

Noah shakes his head and Jesse laughs. “It’s because I have the best husband in the world. My kids are the greatest kids in the world and my grandkids are the greatest grandkids. I have had a blessed life. God or no God, my life has been wonderful. Don’t start doubting that. You’re my everything Noah Grabowski.”

“You’re my everything too, Jesse Grabowski.” Noah tells him sappily.

“What has been the best part of your life? That one’s to both of you.”

Noah’s response comes very quickly. “A lot of people will be shocked, but I have two of those. Our first kiss and when Jesse woke up. Most people expect me to say it was when we made love for the first time, or when we married, but for me it was those two moments.”

“It’s the same for me,” Jesse replies. Then he takes on an almost proud expression and he says.

“Trisha, I want to tell you this now. My life has had a lot of tough times. But my love for my family has kept me going. I want the readers to know that Noah, our parents, our extended family and our children have all given me meaning. They are the people who made me, me. When all is said and done, and I’m dead and buried, I want them to know they meant everything to me. Absolutely everything.”

“One last question for you both. What do you guys think of Logan and Jesse Jr.? Are you happy about that relationship?”

Noah takes on the ultimate alpha male answer. “I’m not happy that they’re so young, and yes I know Jesse was a similar age.” Jesse gives him a look. “Don’t look at me like that. Anyway, if the boy treats my grandson well I can’t complain. But I won’t be here to beat his ass if he doesn’t.”

“You wouldn’t beat his ass anyway.” Jesse exclaims. “I want the boys to be happy. Trust me when I say Logan is special. Like me he has a not-so-good family. I think they will be very happy together. And I think that he will need a lot of support. There’s something very off about that family.”

“Thank you both for talking to me. I hope you enjoy the next few months together.” I tell them.

Both men smile and thank me. I watch as they walk down their lake. The place that holds so many memories and moments for the couple. The milestones they have reached here are incredible and I hope their family have many more here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 63.4K 39
Since she was 10 years old Kendall's mother had abused her and her father had never noticed it. After eight years of abuse, one day her father walked...
3.7M 100K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
15M 460K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...
1M 33K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...