Can You Feel The Love Tonight

It seems to me that the real clue to your sex-orientation lies in your romantic feelings rather than in your sexual feelings. If you are really gay, you are able to fall in love with a man, not just enjoy having sex with him. 

- Christopher Isherwood

Noah kissed me until I couldn't see straight. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck and his drew me in closer. My whole body shuddered when his erection pressed into mine, but my mind didn't notice. The kiss had taken my full attention.

It could have been twenty seconds or twenty minutes, but after some time of kissing like mad men we pulled apart. Our breath mingled and he rested his forehead against mine. His arms never leaving my waist.

“I think we're ready. Don't you?” He asked against my lips and for a moment my eyes widened with realisation. I nodded enthusiastically.

“I think so too. But... I mean... How, how did you manage to get me out here? Why are we out here? Huh?”

Noah chuckled and kissed me again. His lips were warm and his hands slid up the back of my t-shirt all along my skin. He left a trail of heat in his wake.

“You're so cute when you stutter. You're always cute, you're beautiful.” He smiled sheepishly and I kissed him. He laughed into the kiss and I smacked him on the arm before stepping back.

“You don't plan on us doing it here, do you?” I was scared at what his answer would be. The lake, as much as I loved it was not the place for sex. No matter how romantic it might appear.

“Yep, don't worry. It's all set up.” He chuckled and I looked around. I saw nothing. No tent, no bag, no anything. I was seriously starting to worry about his sanity. 

“I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't see anything that would indicate a good place to have sex.” I tried teasing, but it came out more exasperated that I intended it to. 

“Follow me then and I'll show you.” He reached for my hand, and I clasped mine around his, lacing our fingers together he led me across the lake. 

My heart was thumping madly in my chest. My mouth was dry and I could barely think straight. His hand enveloped mine and he squeezed, I was on cloud nine and there was no doubt about why.

“I can't believe we're doing this. I really can't.” I whispered to him.

“Believe it, angel. We're doing this and it's gonna be fun. One thing we should discuss is protection. You said you didn't want to use a condom. Is that still the same?” He sounded nervous about the last part.

“We don't need a condom. We're both virgins and I don't want anything between us. I want you to make love to me and make me forget all the bad in the world. I want to remember us. Nothing else.” 

We passed the side of the lake and ended up on the opposite side, the area he was closing in on was set up beautifully. Candles surrounded a large blanket and a picnic basket on the side.

The candles were held up by holders, expensive ones. The blanket on closer inspection I realised was silk. A romantic shade of red. Tears welled in my eyes at the effort put into all of it.

“How long?” I asked him when we had finally stopped his hands were cupping my face and our eyes met.

“I've been planning this for a few weeks. After you got out of the hospital actually. I bought the blanket back then, everything else happened in the last three weeks. I wanted this to be special, to be about us.”