Let's Get It On

If he is on your mind when you wake up, the only thing you think of throughout the day, and the last thing you think of before you go to sleep, then he is something special. Don’t ever let that go.

- Alisa

Waking up as a newly engaged man was one of the best feeling ever. It took me a while to wake up. I knew I felt different, not exactly the same. I felt whole. It was like I had found a part of me that had not been there before.

My whole body was reacting to that feeling, that whole feeling. I don’t know how it came to me. Maybe it was when I moved my arm and saw the ring. Or maybe it was when I looked over and saw Noah’s sleeping face. What I do know is that I smiled, and it hurt my face.

The light in the room was soft through the curtains. I could feel the heat from the sun’s rays and I turned into Noah’s even warmer embrace. I could hear his soft breathing, could see the rise and fall off his chest.

Noah looked beautiful. His face was relaxed and he had a calm presence in his sleep. He wasn’t talking dirty like he normally did. Instead he had a sweet smile on his face, one that he only had when he was looking at me.

I watched him sleep. Watched as his mouth opened and closed and his chest rose and fell. I nuzzled into his side. I sniffed his skin and kissed the sweet spot. He moaned quietly and his voice carried through the room.

My need to just touch him escalated. It was an entirely new feeling like nothing I had experienced before. I was not sure why I felt like this after almost two years. But I knew it was something that would not be going away.

Almost as if he heard my thoughts, Noah turned, his lips latching on to mine in the process. Our kiss was sweet and gentle, full of emotion and love. Nothing could compare to just simply kissing him.

We never felt like kissing was ‘just kissing’ it was always a special part of our relationship. Many couples seem to approach kissing as a way of getting sex. We saw kissing as a way of expressing our love and not just reacting on attraction.

“Do you know how beautiful you are to me?” His question was whispered against my lips. I shook my head. The truth was no matter how many times he told me it never stuck. I never wanted to believe I was worth him.

“You have these incredibly beautiful eyes. Eyes that show every emotion you feel. Your eyes are a way of seeing into your heart. That’s a beautiful thing and it was one of the first things I fell in love with.”

He was quiet for a while after. He traced my face with his lips. Brushing them over mine and kissing them gently. I opened my mouth to him and he kissed me. His tongue slid in as if it was where it belonged.

I pressed into him, pulling our bodies close as he kissed me. My heart ached for more, my body cried out. His heart was pounding in his chest and it was loud. The noise startled me enough to break the kiss.

 “I guess we both react the same way to everything now. My heart is beating just as fast as yours, and not in a bad way.” His smile was angelic as he rose off the bad and crowded me against the mattress.

“You know we still have to talk about your little proposal.” Noah was smirking which was a good sign, it meant he wasn’t pissed. “I want you to know that I am the one not worthy of your love. Anything I give you is nothing compared to what you give me every day.”