Second Chances

By ClaraBella23

Kuroko no Basket! Kuroko Tetsuya x OC In middle school, she thought everything will be perfect with Kuroko as... More

Information
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Extra: The Reason I Hate Basketball That Time
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Teiko: Closer
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Teiko: A Day of Clear Blue Skies

598 15 0
By ClaraBella23

Teiko Flashbacks Chapter 1: A Day of Clear Blue Skies

*****

Ahh, Middle School. 

Cherry Blossoms waving everywhere as I marveled over the sight of the crowded students gathering outside the school yard, everyone of them deciding which clubs do they should join in. 

Teiko Junior High

The smile was never erased on my face, thinking that I'm here. I'm actually here. And I'm in Middle school right now. And more importantly, I'm attending Teiko. 

And that means, I can be the basketball club's manager or something, and I can get to see the elite team of the  basketball club in action! 

"Alright, Mari." I whispered to myself, taking a deep breath. "You need to prove yourself more than a basketball manager. You can do it!" 

I stop midway, as the other students walk pass by me. Wearing my new uniform of Teiko, I gazed at the skies. It's a day of clear blue skies, and today another chapter of my life unfolds as a middle school student...in Teiko. 

I nodded at myself in determination. "Go Mari! Let's go now and be the manager or assistant manager of the Basketball cl-" 

"Woah." 

"Sorry.." says someone with a calm tone.

I wasn't able to complete my sentence when someone bumped me. I cheerfully look around, "That's okay!" Only to find...no one. 

I sweat-drop, my back is shivering. I slowly turn around in front of me again, but I don't see someone. G-Ghost? For Real? At Teiko? 

"Ahh.."

Several seconds later, I'm still staring at the spaces, wondering what just happened and who on earth is the ghost that just bumped me. 

"Meh.." I sighed, shrugging as I pull my shoulder bag closer to me and started walking again, onward to the gathering students. 

"Excuse me miss, you look pretty athletic. Do you play volleyball?" 

"Ah, no thank you." I refused with a smile. 

I continue on my way looking for the gym, but with the crowding students around me, I bow down my head in defeat, eyes wearily searching for the gymnasium. 

I heard that the basketball club is pretty strong.."

"Huh?" I look up, and turn to my side, seeing a tan boy with blue hair walking side by side with a pink-haired girl who is cheerfully smiling. 

The blue-haired boy is cheerfully grinning, like he is determined to become one of the first-string player in Teiko. 

"I wonder.." I mumble to myself, while continue walking. "..why do a girl likes me loves basketball." But then I shake my head, still smiling. "..never mind, I love basketball for no particular reason."

Because of not looking at the way, my feet tripped onto something, and I widen my eyes in surprise, not sure whether to shout or just stay quiet. 

"K-Kyaa!" 

Closing my eyes and internally cursing myself for being clumsy, I waited for my face to land on the ground and feel the humiliation of tripping in the first day of school right exactly in the opening ceremony of Teiko Middle school. 

Few seconds later, I slowly open my eyes, wondering what just happened and why am I still not kissing the ground. 

"Huh?"

I slowly look at a light-blue haired boy, his arms caught me, preventing me from falling. I blushed fifty shades of red, considering that no one ever caught me like this before.

"T-thanks!" I thanked him, wiggling out of his arms. I giggled nervously, scratching my head. "Sorry, but thanks, I nearly fell on the ground."

The light blue-haired boy smiles at me. "It's nothing. You should be careful next time." His blue, oval eyes widen a bit. "Weren't you the girl I bumped into?" 

"Eh?" 

"Sorry for that a while ago." 

"Ehehe! Don't mind it!" I reassured him. "Besides, I barely noticed, phew, I thought it was a ghost or something. A ghost in Teiko." 

"Ah, where are you going?" I asked him, relief that I made friends with someone.

"At gym." 

I grinned, as I grab his hands and we both started walking. "Me too! Let's go there together!" I cheered happily, not caring what is his reaction. 

"I'm Kuroko Tetsuya." He introduced himself. 

"Miu Mari." 

The both of us walk side by side, passing by the students who are still recruiting and looking for their clubs. I secretly look at Kuroko, as if I never knew that he's walking beside me, I wouldn't recognize his presence. 

I sweat-drop, ghost coming out from my mouth. Maybe he's a ghost or something!

"Is there something wrong?" 

My eyes widen as I frantically shake my head. "A-Ah! N-N-No!" I answered, creep making my body shiver. What on earth is he? Why am I not feeling anything...

"It's just that..." I said, smiling at him. "..if I haven't know that you're with me, then I wouldn't recognize you beside me. You have a lack of presence or something, if that's even possible." 

"Lack of presence?" 

"Don't mind it. I was just observing you." 

"Why?"

"You're joining basketball club aren't you?" I glanced at him. "I heard the training is as hard as heck there, and it's really an elite team full of basketball monsters. I can't believe it, the players there are only middle-school students like us." 

"You're right." He nodded, his face still blank ever since I've met him earlier, but then, there's a glint of hope in his eyes that he wanted to play in court. I bow down my head, eyes glued on the ground as I analyzed how much he love basketball. Maybe he loves basketball more than I. 

"Miu-san." He called me. 

I quickly look up and to him. 

Kuroko is smiling. "How about you? Why are you going to the gym?" 

I grin at Kuroko. "I love basketball." I answered. "Even though I can't play basketball, I love that sport. and I was looking forward on becoming a manager or something." 

"I see." 

"One thing I love about basketball is the players themselves. I always see them playing with determinations whenever I watched them at their games. It's always inspiring when they win it with their hard works, right?" 

"We have the similar view of life, Miu-san." 

I laughed. "Then we should get along together, right?"

"Right." 

We stopped walking as we reach the gymnasium. At first, my eyes widen when I saw many students wanting to join the basketball club. I pat Kuroko's shoulder supportively and grinned. 

"Do your best, Kuroko-kun." 

Kuroko looks at me with a surprise expression, but then smiles warmly. "Thank you, Miu-san. I'm sure you'll be a perfect manager." 

"Good luck to us!" I waved at him goodbye, before running towards to the coach or something. I take a deep breath confidently, my face brimming with confidence. 

"I want to be a manager." 

*******

"Welcome to the basketball club, Miu-san." The coach, Sanada welcomes me as the three of us, including the captain, Nijumura-senpai, supervised the first-string players practicing so harshly, and at first, I sweat-drop. 

"You'll be the assistant manager for the basketball club." He continued, his stern and strictness made me shiver. "Together with the manager, you'll both be a great support." 

"So who's the manager?" 

"Her name is Momoi Satsuki." 

"Ah." 

He cleared his throat, arms crossing to his chest. "Your first task is to record all the status of our players. Can you do that?" 

"Of course." I answered, smiling as I spin my pen while holding my clip board. "Their vital statistics, their techniques, their strength and speed.." 

"Good." The coach continued. "Nijimura, tell her every members of the first string."

"Sure." Nijimura-senpai said. 

What's this..I thought, my eyes following every player's playing patterns. They're not like any ordinary middle-school students...

I observed the blue-haired boy whom I saw a while ago. So he made it...I think he's name is Aomine Daiki-kun or what..looking at him though makes me quite shiver. I can feel his overall strength and speed just by looking at him. 

I bit my lip, smiling as I continue recording the players' data. Suddenly, I remembered Kuroko and pretty got worried about him. 

How is he doing now? I can't see him anywhere here...

This is my first day of school as a middle school student and the basketball club's assistant manager. This is one of the days I wouldn't forget, because today is a day of clear blue skies. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 3.6K 101
Some would say that his love was ridiculous. You, a girl way out of his league couldn't possibly reciprocate those feelings he had. However, Kuroko h...
630K 16.8K 33
Teiko Middle School had supposedly raised the Generation of Miracles to be the amazing players they are now, in high school. But who really did creat...
52.2K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
64.1K 1.5K 8
Kuroko got accepted by the Generation of Miracles fairly quickly. The other teams wonder why when Kuroko isn't that talented in basketball, besides p...