Living With A Police Officer...

By Tears_To_Roses

Harmony Kingston has been through more in her short life, then anyone good ever image going through. She's a... More

Living With A Police Officer
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 2
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 3
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 4
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 5
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 6
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 7
Living With A Police OfficerChapter Eight
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Nine
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Ten
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Eleven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twelve
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Fourteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Fifteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Sixteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Seventeen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Eighteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Nineteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty One
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Two
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Three
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Four
Living With A Police Officer Twenty Five
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Six
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Seven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Eight
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Nine
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty One
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Two
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Three
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Four
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Five
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Six
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Seven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Nine *Final Chapter*
Living With A Police Officer Epilogue
Living With A Police Officer Credits

Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Seven

120K 1.7K 142
By Tears_To_Roses

Here it is, the long awaited chapter. Sorry for the wait, but I did say I was going to be away at camp. Next chapter could very well be the last. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty Seven

Drew’s POV

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

A steady beeping echoes in my mind. My mind is blank of all thoughts except for the thoughts of Harmony.

Her smile, the way she looks extra beautiful when the sun was shinning down on her and when the wind blows her hair all over the place. My favourite part, her bright blue eyes. The eyes that could look right into mine and find the problem.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.

I groan and my eyes flicker open. Sitting in front of my gaze is a familiar face streaked with tears. Sassy. Her brown hair is in clumps all over her face, her brown eyes are leaking tears and her face is smeared with running make up and tears. She’s sitting in Ian’s lap wearing only a nurse’s outfit.

Someone must have noticed the state she was in. Not like it would be hard to miss. A girl wearing only girl boxers and a bra.

Sassy’s eyes widen and her quiet sobs stop. She throws herself off of Ian’s lap and towards the side of the bed. Her warm fingers twine with mine and she kisses my wrist happily.

“Drew” She whimpers, “I’m so glad you woke up, I was worried you wouldn’t”

That’s the thing though. If Harmony isn’t okay, I’m not going to wake up again. No life is worth living if Harmony isn’t here to share it with me. But I have hope, I know she’s alive. She’s a fighter, she’d fight for me.

“Harmony?” I rasp wanting to know just that and nothing else.

Sassy’s smile and face fall, her hand holds tighter to mine. I grip her hand also scared to hear it. A tear leaks from Sassy’s eye and she shakes her head.

“She’s not doing good Drew” Sassy murmurs, “She lost a lot of blood. And the knife caught some of her lung, also, she lost the baby” Sassy lowers her head in sorrow.

My heart stops, “Whose baby was it?”

I knew it. I knew Blaine had raped her; the blood leaking from her core was an easy sure sign. Harmony never gave me a direct answer, but I could tell by the grief in her eyes that he had.

Sassy stares at me, “Well unless Blaine raped her at least a few nights ago….”

I couldn’t have been Blaine’s then. Blaine only got her in the evening last night, if that. Unless Blaine raped her before I slept with her, then the baby isn’t Blaine’s. Or wasn’t I should say.

“Holy shit” I whisper, “It was mine”

Sassy’s eyes widen again but she doesn’t say anything as I cut her off frantically. Thinking only of Harmony.

If she were to find out that she was carrying a baby she’d be over the moon. But if she were to find out she was carrying a baby and it died without her even knowing it was there, she would be devastated.

“You can’t let anyone tell Harmony” I gasp, “No, Sassy don’t let them. That would kill her”

I sit up with a jolt and try to rip the blankets from my body. My shoulder and my lower stomach sting with pain. I ignore it and clench my teeth, wanting to see Harmony. I have to make sure that the doctors don’t tell her, and I have to make sure she’s still alive. I have to see with my own eyes. Not Sassy’s. I can’t believe what a doctor says unless I have proof. I can’t believe what Sassy says unless I have proof. Harmony is too important to me.

Sassy springs from the floor and pushes me back down onto the bed,”Where do you think you’re going?”

I raise my eyebrows at her and breathe through my nose from the pain in my chest, “To see Harmony”

Sassy shakes her head, “I don’t think so, for one, Harmony’s still in surgery and for two, you’re not going anywhere until a nurse can give you the all clear”

I raise my hand above my head to where the nurse call button is and bring my hand down onto it. A buzz sounds in my ear and Sassy’s eyes widen.

“What are you doing?”

“Getting the all clear” I say giving her a droll stare, “I want to see my girl”

Sassy sighs, “She’s in surgery though”

I shrug, “Still don’t give a damn, I want to see her and that’s that”

Just then, a short nurse who looks to be in her mid thirties with greying blonde hair and warm brown eyes rushes into the room, smiling at me.  Clad in a dried out blue nurses outfit with her hair pulled back from her face she reaches for the blankets.

“What’s the matter?” She asked, “Anything hurting? Would you like some medication?”

I shake my head and start to stand. The nurse lunges forward and places a slender firm hand on my chest to keep me from moving.

“Where do you think your going young man?” She demands.

I stare at her, “I’d like to see Harmony Kingston”

A soft smile spreads across her gentle face and she nods, “Sure thing hun, she has just gotten out of surgery. But I’ll have to check your wound before I let you go and you must travel by wheel chair if I say, understand?”

“I understand yes” I mutter, hating the thought of having to ride around in a wheel chair.

The nurse smiles and lifts the shirt to look at my stab wound lifting the bandage covering it. She stares at the sealed wound and presses gently around it looking at me for signs of pain. I hiss in from my nose trying to cover it although I know she saw it. She smiles widely and re-seals the bandage and dropping my shirt. She leans over to my shoulder and yanks down the shirt lifting the bandage again. She repeats what she did to the wound on my chest and pulls away sooner.

“You’re fine, it’ll heal correctly I’m hopping. No need to hide your hiss of pain, it should be sore around the wound for a couple days, that’s normal” She smiles reassuringly, “Now stand without signs of pain and we’ll see about the wheelchair”

I nod and take a deep breath, standing slowly from the bed. I clench my teeth against the small stinging pain in my stomach and my shoulder. The nurse watches me with hawk like eyes scanning me for any signs of pain. I finally manage to stand from the bed still sore. I snap my eyes up to the nurse begging her to allow me to walk. Sassy stands beside Ian with her arms out ready to catch me if I fall. Which I won’t but still.

The nurse nods, “Alright, I’m pretty sure it’s okay for you to walk. But hear me when I say one sight of extreme pain and your going in a wheelchair, got it?”

I grin and nod, “Got it”

The nurse smiles and getsers for me to follow her as she exits the room. My heart swells with the thought of finally seeing Harmony again, a grin spread across my face. I follow along behind the nurse walking slowly to keep from showing pain that is flooding through my body. She leads me down a dark hall with crying and sad looking people leaning or sitting in chairs. My heart squeezes at the sight of me sitting in one of those chairs. I shake my head, no Harmony is fine.

The nurse stops at a closed door and turns to me, a sad smile on her face. She takes my head softly and whispers gently,

“We don’t know for sure if she’ll make it yet” She whispers as my heart breaks, “We’re confident she may but we aren’t certain. She’s currently still sleeping off the medication but her life lies in whether she wakes or not. So just understand that you’re going into there at your own risk”

I clench my fists and gulp down the lump in my throat, “I’m going in there, and she will, wake up, she’s strong Harmony”

The nurse smiles sadly and opens the door for me waving me in, in front of her. I step into the room my eyes locking on the sickly figure lying in the small hospital cot. The nurse clears her throat and I look at her with one eye, my other eye on Harmony.

“I’m assuming your Drew. This little one decided to wake screaming as soon as we brought her into the operating room. She was screaming for you son, for you to save her” With that the nurse smiles and closes the door softly.

I stare at Harmony and cross the room quickly. I snatch her small cold hand from its spot on the bed and hold onto it tightly. Tears stream down my cheeks and I cry softly finally realizing I broke two promises I made to her.

1.      That I wouldn’t get hurt saving her.

2.      That I wouldn’t let Blaine hurt her….

I broke both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go guys. I worked on this for a while so I'm hoping it's okay. I didn't upload because I was  at camp and I had no computer access. And I did tell you guys that in a message.

Song on the side is Guardian Angel by: The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Someone a a couple chapters back suggested this and I thought it worked quite nicely. I'm sorry I forget who it was so if it was you, please tell me in the comments.

Check out Hiding Behind The Camera. The sequel to The First Time. Which you DO NOT have to read if your going to read the sequel.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Ren  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 2.2K 39
WARNING 18+++ THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE THEMES AND STRONG ELEMENTS OF ABUSE Ruth's husband has always been mentally abusive but lately it's escalat...
15.6K 338 8
"You are beautiful Blair, I can't keep my desire down from you. We shouldn't be doing this..." "Ian... please... I want this, I've never..." she didn...
3.3M 86.4K 24
*must read books 1&2 before this* After Shayne was sent to prison Tavi completely moved on with her life, and turned into the women she's supposed to...
547 45 17
Remember Romeo and Juliet? Well, don't worry, this book isn't as boring and complicated as that. But do you remember Cat Woman. What if she never tur...