Purely Arrogant | ✓

By QueenOfTheDorks

He's popular. I have one friend. He's outgoing. I'm quiet. He has a girlfriend. I'm alone. I'm shy and he'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Eradication
Chapter 2: Impression
Chapter 3: Exhalation
Chapter 4: Adjustation
Chapter 5: Confrontation
Chapter 6: Orientation
Chapter 7: Communication
Chapter 8: Intrusion
Chapter 9: Fascination
Chapter 10: Preservation
Chapter 11: Observation
Chapter 12: Condemnation
Chapter 13: Exaggeration
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15: Education
Chapter 16: Flirtation
Chapter 17: Interrogation
Chapter 18: Hesitation
Chapter 19: Exasperation
Chapter 20: Attraction
Chapter 21: Frustration
Chapter 22: Administration
Chapter 23: Explanation
Chapter 25: Abrasion
Obliteration
Chapter 27: Consolation
Chapter 28: Contemplation
Chapter 29: Humiliation
Chapter 30: Admiration
Chapter 31: Indignation
Chapter 32: Devestation
Chapter 33: Exclamation
Chapter 34: Dissipation
Chapter 35: Desperation
Chapter 36: Irritation
Chapter 37: Cooperation
Chapter 38: Temptation
Epilogue: Graduation
Three months later...
A little insight into the future....
Two Million!
Q&A
Saving Annalise / Life Update
THE ART OF ME & YOU / LIFE UPDATE

Chapter 24: Solidification

150K 6.4K 1K
By QueenOfTheDorks

When we got to the wedding hall, we were not surprised to find out that we were late. Of course, knowing our luck, there was lots of traffic, because somebody decided to take the 'quicker' route and get us stuck in traffic.

That was not fun.

When we got there, we basically sprinted into the building, seeing Isla pacing. Her eyes lit up when she saw us, but not in a good way, in the way where it looked like someone set fire to her eyes and she was going to kill us. "Where were you?" She all but screamed at us.

"Traffic" Eliza panted

I nodded, trying to catch my breath. Maybe I should go to gym. "We're so sorry" I apologised.

"It's fine." She replied "There's been a change of plans and I wanted all of you here before I said anything. What will happen is some of the bridesmaids and groomsmen will not be part of the walking down the aisle"

Eliza and I looked at each other in confusion, even Emma looked bewildered.

"I didn't take this into account during the rehearsals, and I completely forgot that there were groomsmen too" She looked entirely frustrated. Of course, only Isla would think like that, she has no regard for anyone but herself. "I'm really sorry, but you three can't be part of the walking down of the aisle" she said, turning to the other three bridesmaids, which I had not learned the names of.

Does that make me a bad person?

I turned to see them sigh, they all looked pretty upset but they didn't dare speak up against Isla, so they nodded and walked away.

"Anyway, with you three" she began, staring at Eliza, Emma and I "What will happen is that you guys will walk down the aisle with your boyfriends, and the groomsmen will walk down the aisle with their girlfriends. When you get  to the front, you stand where you were told to stand last week and the boys will stand near my fiancé" she instructed "You guys will go one by one and I will be walked down the aisle by dad, right at the end"

It was unusual, but of course, that was Isla. We all agreed, not willing to argue with her, and relieved that she didn't kick us out of the wedding altogether. The music then turned on and Isla looked extremely shocked before literally pushing the three of us so we got out and into the line.

When we got to where we were supposed to be standing, we noticed that the boys were already stood in the formation Isla told us to stand in. The rest of the girls went and stood next to their boyfriends, so I assumed that I should stand next to Levi. I joined him, he was second in lime after one of the groomsmen and his girlfriend.

When I saw him, I attempted to speak, but I couldn't because before I knew it the couple in front of us began walking.

"When do we walk?" I asked, only now realising that I hadn't asked before.

"Just as soon as they get to the front and disperse" He replied, bending down slightly to talk to me over the loud music.

"I'm wearing five inch heels and you still need to bend down to speak to me" I noted

He laughed "It's not my fault that you're tiny"

"Am not" I replied childishly

"Juliette how tall are you?" He smirked

"Shut up" I replied as he chuckled.

"You're really cute you know?" He asked

I didn't bother replying to him because as soon ash he finished that statement it was our turn to walk. I looked up at him as he held his arm out for me to hold. I placed my hand on his arm as he began walking.

Whilst we walked I had realised that I was wearing five inch heels, and I was walking in front of my entire family and the groom's entire family.

"You won't let me fall, right?" I asked Levi nervously, the music blocking anyone else from hearing it as I avoided eye contact with everyone.

"Of course I won't" he chuckled "you think I would let you embarrass yourself in front of your family?"

"No" I replied, shaking my head "but that wouldn't stop my clumsy self from almost dying"

He didn't say anything, he just laughed.

"You guys left us to play poker?" I suddenly asked, grinning up at him.

He chuckled "yeah, I got to know some of the guys better" he replied

I rolled my eyes "I don't care about that" I said "I care about the fact that I heard you won"

He smiled "Yes I did"

"Did you cheat?"

He gasped "How could you accuse me of such a thing. No I did not"

I laughed "what did you win?"

"Lots of candy" He answered

"I'm taking it off you" I answered grinning as he smiled. Before we knew it however we had reached the end of the aisle and we had to separate, Levi standing next to the groomsmen who was in front of us and me standing next to his girlfriend.

Of course waiting for every single couple to walk down the aisle, was a long and vigorous process, it took at least ten minutes and when I looked at everyone else, they seemed bored as well. However we were finally able to start paying attention as the last couple had walked down the aisle. It was just Isla left.

Here comes the bride came on as she began walking, her arm interlocked with her father's arm. They both began walking, Isla's dress draping behind her as the music played. She was walking extremely slowly, and yes I knew that was supposed to happen but it was boring.

When they got to the front, Isla hugged her father telling him that she loved him. I'd never seen her cry before. I was pretty sure I believed her heart was frozen until I turned 9, when I found out that it was impossible. She walked up to her fiancé, they both stood in front of each other, her fiancé's eyes not once leaving hers.

Of course, the guy marrying the two of them began saying stuff, and I zoned out through all of it. I think it was pretty obvious that I zoned out because a few minutes in, I felt a nudge to my side and looked up to see Eliza who mouthed "pay attention". So I did.

"Jacob Adams, do you, take Isla Harte to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The man asked Isla's fiancé

"I do" Jacob answered.

"Isla Harte, do you, take Jacob Adams to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked Isla.

I tear slipped down her cheek as she nodded "I do"

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" he replied as she smiled.

Jacob stepped forwards, wrapping his arm around her waist as she leaned forwards, he kissed her.

Everyone was cheering and smiling as they kissed.

All I could think about was how all this was finally over.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Whilst most of the boring wedding bits were over, apparently it was not finished. The next thing now was the bridesmaids and the groomsmen dance, and of course, in the terms of this wedding it meant it was the dance between our 'boyfriends'.

Of course last week Eliza had claimed that I should dance with Jordan whilst she danced with Levi but I knew that she really didn't want to do that. Before everything started I quickly ran up to Eliza who was speaking to one of the groomsmen's girlfriends.

"You don't have to dance with Levi" I said quickly.

She smiled "wait what?"

"I'll dance with Levi" I replied

"Wait are you sure?" She questioned "I don't mind, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

I shook my head, smiling "I held his hand today. I stood closer to him than I had ever stood before. I think I can do it"

She grinned "You did?" She asked "That's amazing"

I nodded "I know. I think I can do it. Please don't make yourself dance with Levi when I know you want to dance with Jordan."

She hugged me "I love you" she said

"I love you too. Now go find him! The dance is gonna start any minute now" I instructed as I looked for Levi.

She walked off, a huge smile on her face as I searched for Levi. He was standing on the side talking to on elf the groomsmen, they were laughing as he said something. I walked up to him "The dance is gonna start soon"

He looked surprised "I thought I was dancing with Eliza"

I looked up at him, feigning confusion "Why would anyone tell you that?"

He chuckled "you're extremely sneaky aren't you?"

I shrugged "So I've been told"

"Okay bridesmaids, groomsmen and other. The dance will be starting soon, please get ready" somebody said into the microphone.

"We should go" I suggested.

"Very soon" Levi replied "But first" he began as he reached into his pockets, I waited a moment before he brought out a bar of Lindt chocolate

"You got it for me?" I asked

"I was told it was your favourite. I won it during poker" He smirked

"You're amazing"

"I know" he replied smugly.

We both walked into the dance floor, everybody else already in their positions as the music went off. The song that was playing was Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran. and I couldn't help but squeal over how it was my favourite song.

Levi raised an eyebrow "You know this song?"

I looked at him in the same way "You don't know this song?"

He shook his head.

"We need to get you to listen to Ed Sheeran" I commented.

I looked around us to see everyone pretty much starting to dance. I looked up at Levi expectantly, as he grinned and offered me his hand. I hesitantly took it, my heart beat accelerating slightly. I placed my hand on his shoulder as his went on my waist. He led the dance, my footsteps hesitantly following his.

"You can dance?" I asked him

He smirked "I can do a lot of things. The question is, can you dance?"

I shrugged "Well, I guess you're going to have to find out"

He continued dancing, my short legs not matching his long strides, it was as if every step he took, I had to take two just to keep up with him. He was going at a relatively slow pace, matching the music mostly, as he continued dancing, me following his lead.

"You ready?" He asked

"For what?"

His right hand was lifted off my waist as he twirled me. The skirt of my dress lifted slightly as I twirled, I was able to find my balance, and stopped my body just before I smashed into his chest, his hand automatically went back onto my waist as I wondered how he could have that much precision. My heart beat accelerated once again, but it was mostly from the adrenaline of being unexpectedly twirled.

"How are you that good at it?" I asked him

"That's a secret that is for me to know and for you to never ever find out about" he whispered in my air, a chill creeping down my spine

"I will find out, you know" I replied, attempting to ignore the goosebumps.

He twirled me once again, catching my left hand and pulling me in as I actually smashed into his chest. He didn't even react, his hand still on my hip. He twirled me out from his chest, grabbing my right hand, and spinning me one more time before pulling me right back to him, in the exact same position as we started in.

"Are you good at everything?" I asked when I felt slightly less dizzy than I did before.

He chuckled "Just the things that would impress you"

We continued until the end of the song. I'm pretty sure we were only due for one dance, and as soon as the song finished I heard a round of applause echo around the room. I finally moved my eyes from Levi's to see everyone pretty much staring at us, clapping as I blushed.

"We were the best on the dance floor" Levi whispered smugly

"Correction. You were. I just followed your lead" I replied, smiling despite everything.

"It takes two to tango, book girl" He replied

"I'm pretty sure that wasn't a tango" I answered, loving how annoyed he got when I corrected him.

He, however, was much more smug than I had expected him to be. "You do realise that the phrase doesn't literally mean tango, right?"

It took me a while to process what he had said, but when I did understand, my blush had reached my neck.

Written: 07/10/15
Posted: 29/01/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
2.3M 75.4K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
Astrid By <3

Teen Fiction

2.5K 39 32
Carter slowly walked towards me, butterflies swarming in my stomach, filling every inch of me. "Assi." he grabbed my wrists, and made me look at him...
1K 127 18
"What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie?" Instantly, Sawyer frowns, an unimpressed expression on his face. I continue to smile at him, urging him...