Save me (August Alsina)

By BJayLove

Olivia Miller hides a lot behind her pretty face. She is still learning how to cope with life after the death... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
"There's no sex in it"
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Closing Statement
Book 2?!?!!!
Please read
100

Chapter 45

10.7K 446 96
By BJayLove

Important question at the end of the chapter!

Olivia POV

"Mmmmm this is sooo good" I moaned, placing more peach cobbler in my mouth.

"I know how much you love it baby"

I smiled and brought my plate to the kitchen, washing and rinsing it. I began wiping counters and the kitchen table. There was one spot that wouldn't come up.

I kept scrubbing and scrubbing but it remained.

"Olivia, it's okay to talk about it"

I dropped the rag and broke down crying.

"Grandma, I miss him"

I sat down at the kitchen table and felt her arms rubbing my back.

What's crazy is how that statement has 2 different meanings for me.

Today was September 3rd.

August's Birthday.

I haven't spoken to him in a week. And I had so much planned for his birthday. I miss him so much, but I can't let him continue to disrespect me or our relationship. I didn't want this breakup to be permanent, but if there's no change that may be what's needed.

On top of all of that, today is also the day my father passed away.

Every year this day seemed harder and harder for me.

I still remember seeing him laying on the hospital bed. Despite all that he was going through he still had a smile on his face.

3 years ago, yet it still feels like yesterday.

"He's in a better place baby. He wouldn't want you grieving like this"

I wiped my tears and took deep breathes. My asthma has been acting up because of the season changes.

"I know. I'm just finally achieving my dreams and I wish he was here to see it."

I only needed to take a few more courses before I was eligible for the BAR exam. I've been studying my ass off and I was so close to becoming a certified lawyer, no one was stopping me.

"I know he's proud of you Olivia. I am too. We all are."

I knew she was referring to my mother, but I pushed the thought of her away. Just like I always do.

My phone vibrated and I picked it up, seeing a text message.

August(2:22 pm): I know today is gonna be hard for you, keep ya head up ma, I love you.

I smiled and locked my phone, deciding to text him back later.

I wanted to give my full attention to my grandma, I know this is gonna be a hard day for her too.

August

"Be careful Layla"

She been running all over the place since this morning.

Nia said she was going to the store but that was damn near 5 hours ago.

This morning I woke up, and even though it's my birthday all I could think about was Mill.

I neva' knew my pops but I can't imagine losing someone that close to me. I know Mill, and she bottles up all the shit that she feels. Now she has all these anxiety issues and I don't want her breaking down again. I decided to text her just to make cure she was aight.

I missed her so fuckin' much. I fucked up and said some petty ass shit. But I was so angry I wanted to hurt her. I should be trying to fix things with her but right now some space was needed.

I heard the door open and Nia walked in with a bunch of bags.

"Hey birthday boy" she smiled, sitting the bags down.

"Wazzam" I mumbled, keeping my attention to the TV.

"Aren't you excited to be turning 23?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Cause I turned 23 last year, Nia."

Her face fell. "Oh" she laughed. "Well it's the same thing"

I rolled my eyes as my phone vibrated.

Milly Mill(4:06 pm): thanks Aug, I'm trying to get through it. Love you too. And happy birthday!😏

I laughed and texted her back.

Me(4:07 pm): lmao thanks ma

I know she was still hurt and upset, but she was still trying to make today good for me and her, and I respected that.

"Sooo what do you wanna do for your birthday?" Nia's voice cut me off.

"I jus wanna chill today" I layed back, watching the game.

"You don't wanna do anything at all?" She tried climbing in my lap but I pushed her off.

"Nia what the hell is you doing?"

"I'm trying to cuddle" she smiled.

I pushed her off again and she frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Me and you...we not like that"

"I'm confused" she pouted.

"Nia.." I took a deep breathe. "That night, was a mistake. I should've have done it and I may have lost One of the best things that's ever happened to me."

Her jaw dropped. "Our daughter should be the best thing that's ever happened to you! Not some random ass hoe."

"Layla, go in your room mama" she stood up and took her toys in the guest room.

I stood up. "Olivia has been nothing but nice to your mean ass, so don't sit here and disrespect her." 

She crossed her arms. "Why not? You already did when you decided to sleep with me"

I dropped my head, ashamed of myself.

"Yeah I know. And this shit is gonna be one of my biggest regrets."

"August Shutup. You love me! You always have and you always will"

"Nia im sorry but I don't. I love Olivia. And you need to accept that."

"Well I won't."

"You don't have to. You should be happy I still associate with you. I could only take care of Layla and not say shit to you or help you out."

"That's fine. I don't need your bum ass anyways." She ran into the guest room and came back out with a black duffel bag.

"This is filled with money. I got my own shit, I just wanted to make things work with you."

I shook my head.

"Nia we can work something out and split time with Layla but you need to get out."

"Get out? August who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Nia stop yelling, just pack your shit and leave."

"You must really think you the shit huh?" She laughed and began packing her things.

"Come on Layla, we're staying somewhere else."

"Nooo" she whined. "I wanna stay with daddy" hearing her call me that was a good ass feeling, I loved her so much, her mother is just annoying as hell.

She gathered up there stuff and left, not before slamming the door.

Damn, how I end up spending my birthday alone?

***********

I have a question.

Would you guys want a Q and A? You guys would ask questions and they will be answered from the character's point of view. I don't mind making a whole chapter dedicated to that but I'll only do it if I get enough questions.

Leave comments on this chapter with all the questions you want to ask. Just put who the question is for.

Deal?

Deal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 7K 42
Emily and August have been dating since their freshman year, now that they're seniors in high school August is trying harder and harder to make it in...
1.6K 22 22
Jasmine has been working for one of the largest investment companies for over 3 years, and now she got a promotion working closely with her boss. som...
7.9M 222K 66
Three months later, and three months pregnant, Simone finds herself at odds in life once again. Simone struggles with the idea of telling August abou...
1.5K 41 27
Bryson Tiller hurt her, August Alsina healed her. Who will she end up with in the end? Read to find out. Haven't edit anything yet.