Underneath The Same Sky (Luke...

By dcandels

they never knew that they would need each other so much. this story is being edited to make it better, not ma... More

Chapter 2: Short for Theodora
Chapter 3: Awkwardness and Ice Cream
Chapter 4: Great. Just great.
Chapter 5: Save the Last Seat for Me
Chapter 6: Don't ever leave your buddy
Chapter 7: You'd still fall
Chapter 8: Cherrapunji Mysteries
Chapter 9: Again
Chapter 10: Twist
Chapter 11: Like the Movies
Chapter 12: Finally!
Chapter 13: You what?!
Chapter 14: Bus
Chapter 15: the F word
Chapter 16: Strange
Chapter 17: The Substitute Project
Chapter 18: I Just Don't Get It
Chapter 19: Sounds good
Chapter 20: Does that mean I get an A for your test?
Chapter 21: Wait, did I just say that??
Chapter 22: Perfect
Chapter 23: Dummies
Chapter 24: So which one requires less energy?
Chapter 25: Friday night
Chapter 26: Nicholas Sparks
Chapter 27: Epiphanies and Cookies
Chapter 28: Remedial Classes
Chapter 29: F&O
Chapter 30: Problem
Chapter 31: We need a break
Chapter 32: Package for Teddy Aspen?
Chapter 33: White balloons or yellow?

Chapter 1: Does Calum Hood live here?

20.1K 89 11
By dcandels

Chapter 1

"Can you put the amplifiers over there?" the girl with red streaks in her hair said, pointing at the side of the stage.

I nodded and took the big amplifier with both of my hands. Boy, are these heavy!

"Excuse me? Part of the band?" a guy with curly hair and a clipboard asked.

"No. I'm part of the crew. My name's-" I replied. I was balancing the big amplifier on both of my hands.

"Crew? At the back please" he said before storming off. Wow, that was rude. I shrugged and then went at the back.

You may be wondering who I am, where I am and what I'm doing. Okay, let me introduce myself first. My name's Teddy Aspen, I'm a Capricorn and I am at a stadium right now, preparing the stuff for my school's band performance competition. And like you already know, I'm part of the crew. The band is already full so I'm a part of the crew.

"Hey Teddy! Gina needs you!" my crew mate, George, called out. George is a big guy with a protruding belly and red wavy locks. He kinda reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

Gina is the head leader of this trip. She's like the teacher in a field trip. Gina said to bring out the instruments from the other van from school. I got out all the instruments and equipments from the other van.

After a few hours of installing everything in its place we finally got to finish and watch the performance. My school's band is really good. I really hope we win.

After the performance.....

"Okay, everything and everyone in the van!" Gina clapped her hands to get our attention.

We piled in with the equipments. It was beginning to get dark now. Everyone was a little dejected that we didn't win but at least we had fun.

"Lenny? Can we hurry up? They're going to have the new York deli for dinner tonight" my crew mate, Paul told our driver, Lenny.

Our school, the Redwood Preparatory is a boarding school. Yes, I study at a boarding school. Every night, dinnertime starts 6:30 and the cafeteria will close at 9 pm because 10 pm is lights out. Lights out is where all the dorms and cabins are closed and no one is allowed in and out.

We finally made it to Redwood and it was only just 7:55. Everyone said their congratulations and good nights and went to the dining hall or back to their rooms.

I was out last of the van because everyone pushed each other just to catch the New York Deli.

"Hey Teddy?" Louise called out. She was balancing a trumpet case and a guitar case and a violin case.

"Hey Louise. Need help?" I offered. She then handed me the guitar.

"That's why I called you. I need help." she chuckled. "Calum Hood. Can you give it to him? Please?" Louise panted.

Teddy, say no. You have to get your dinner and catch up on your lessons. Say no.

"Yeah sure. Where does this Calum live?" I gave in. I can never really say no to people.

"I'm not sure. Maybe you could check the dining hall" she said, before waving good bye and left.

I looked at the guitar case and saw Calum Hood written on it. Now I have to find this Calum Hood. I don't even know that guy.

I walked and walked and walked and finally got to our school's dining hall and opened the huge double doors that led to the dining hall. It wasn't that crowded like always. Most of the students have microwave inside their rooms anyway. I scanned the dining hall and saw the huge clock at the dining hall it said 8:30.

I asked some of the lunch ladies who were still around and they told me to ask a teacher. They were about to clean and close up. I was about to give up and just give the guitar to Calum tomorrow because anytime it will be lights out, when I saw my history teacher, Mrs. Karp walking.

I asked her where this Calum Hood lives and she told me. I went straight for the boys' dorms.

Our school is a co-ed boarding school but the girls' and boys' dorms are separated. The boys' dorms are at the left side and then our huge school and then the girls' dorms. It's like the school is separating the dorms.

The dining hall was at the back of the school so all I have to do is just walk around it to get to the boys' dorm.

Our school is also filled with trees and thick bushes. It's like a forest except for a little civilization. When you get to the dorms, there's a guard house and will ask for your purpose.

"Hi. I'm Teddy Aspen and I need to give this back to Calum Hood." I told the guard who was listening to the radio.

"Sign here and here. Hood lives in Moore House. Hurry up, no girls are allowed inside." he said, pointing at the row of houses. I don't even get why this is necessary, some people can get inside the dorms without any of the authorities knowing. Sometimes I think all this forms and signatures are just for show.

I signed and went on to the dorms. It's my first time here so I'm not really familiar with the place. It's just like the girls' dorms but the houses were painted brown like a log cabin. There were lights on and I could hear guys shouting at a football game.

The boys' dorm has 5 Houses. The Kravitz House, Moore House, Dale House, the Main House where they can all get together, it's like the student u. and the last house, Hewitt House.

I walked up the steps of Moore House when the door flew opened and two guys fell and tackled each other. If I haven't moved, the door would have hit me in the face and got tackled by these maniacs.

"Hood? Calum Hood?" I shouted over the guys' grunts.

"2nd floor. Third door to the right!" one of the guys who were tackling each other grunted to me.

"Okay, thank you!" I said, sidestepping them.

I walked inside and saw that half of the dorm were watching a football game and getting into action. I went up their creaky stairs and the second floor was very quiet. The only sound you can hear is someone singing with their guitar.

I knocked on the third door to the right. So that's where the sound was coming from. It was a beautiful song. I think they were singing, "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt.

A guy mumbled open so I did. I saw two guys on their beds singing. The guy with the dark hair was playing the guitar while the blonde boy was singing along.

"Uhh sorry but is there a Calum Hood here?" I asked, peering inside the room, refusing to enter.

"Yep, that's me!" The boy with the dark hair stood up putting his guitar aside.

"Uhh here's your guitar." I handed it to him.

"Oh thanks! Wait, did you just walk here from school?" he asked, putting the guitar I gave him next to his bed.

"Yeah and I must get going now. Good evening." I replied, closing the door.

"No wait. I'll bring you to your house. Since you went all the way to give it to me." He said, smiling.

Before I could open my mouth to reply a rowdy guy appeared behind me and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"CALUUUUUM!! MY MAN!" he bellowed. I felt like my eardrums just broke into million pieces. He was towering over me and he seems to not acknowledge my existence.

"Calum! There's something I need to tell you" he said, pulling Calum away by the arm.

"Uhh sorry, what's your name again? Luke, can you bring her to her dorm, please?" he pleaded, before staggering away not bothering to wait for my name.

The guy with the blonde hair stopeped. "Okay. For you, I'm doing anything" he jokingly told Calum.

Before we knew it, Calum was out the door with the big guy.

"Uhh hey " Luke mumbled, breaking the silence. I didn't realize I was still inside their room.

"Oh yeah. I really must get going now. Have a nice evening" I repeated then open the door.

"Hey, Calum said I should bring you to your dorm. So come on." He called, pulling on his jacket closer to his body.

"It's really no big deal. I can walk really fast." I said, walking down the stairs.

"Yeah but Calum will kill me if I let you go alone" he interjected, walking behind me

"It will be lights out any minute" I reminded him.

He didn't respond and I heard him close the main door behind him. Okaaaaaay.

Luke and I walked in silence until we reached the school gates and then walked around it to get to my dorm. It was very awkward because we have nothing to talk about. I remember him being in one of my classes last year but we never really talk or anything.

We got to the guard house of my dorm to find it empty. I saw all the lights were off and it was very quiet. I told you the guards and all those forms were just for show.

Ugh. Don't tell me I reached lights out outside?

"Uh oh. We're too late." Luke said behind me. Oh yeah, I almost forgot he was there.

"What am I going to do now?" I asked no one in particular. I tend to talk and ask question to myself. I find it really comforting.

"Do you have your phone with you?" Luke asked, irritation obvious in his voice. Well, who wouldn't be irritated? Who would want to go out at night with a stranger who doesn't have a phone to call for help? I would rather be in bed reading a good book or watching a movie.

"No. I don't own a phone," I replied sheepishly. I accidentally dropped my last phone in the bowl and I was saving up for a new one.

"Okay, we should get back to my house and we'll call somebody from your cabin" Luke ordered. I nodded and started walking back to his dorm.

I followed him. I'd rather be with someone than be alone at night outside my room or the school. It was a very long way back to his dorm. It's like we're going around in circles.

We finally got back to his dorm and like what we saw in my dorm. The guard house was empty. All the lights were off and there was no sound. Only the rustling of the leaves, the wind howling and the occasional branch breaking in our feet. The full moon was out.

I heard Luke cuss a few words.

I didn't say anything because everything's my fault and I don't want him to get mad at me especially now I think I have to stay outside with him the whole night.

Luke walked around the gate to see if it's unlocked or anything. I contemplated going up the gate but it was too high.

"There was supposed to be a roaming guard and guard dog at this night." I blurted out. I saw the roaming guard and dog one time when I was pulling an all-nighter.

"Okay then. We should wait over there" he said, pointing at the clearing beside the dorm gates. It was full of bushes and dead leaves and trees.

Luke walked up then I followed him. I heard something howl and looked up at the full moon.

It's gonna be a long night. I sighed to myself.

Yay thanks for reading and I hope yall like it! Luke's so cute, isn't he? Vote if you like it. Okay, gotta fly now, kiss kiss!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1K 138
Purely self explanatory. I kinda suck so beware. I take requests!! ❥ ❥ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ∶¹⁸ O̥ͦC̥ͦT̥ͦO̥ͦB̥ͦE̥ͦR̥ͦ ₂₀₁₄ C⃣O⃣M⃣P⃣L⃣E⃣D⃣: October/ 13 December 20...
13.1K 224 10
short stories.... or long imagines... you choice (also published on @dem5sosfeels)
230K 3.4K 22
A booklet of 5sos imagine and preferences that I have written myself - cover credit to @cfairchld on twitter
751 48 30
[COMPLETED] Sarai and Nat had been best friends for nearly all their lives and though one of them had a partying streak and the other was shy and res...