Living the Legacy (Fame #2)

By 3dream_writer3

*Spin-off of My Song For You* *cover by FlowerOfCamelis* Hunter Bolton has always been afraid of livin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 | Final Chapter
Sequel
Sequel Update

Chapter 15

4.6K 286 106
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 15

"DAD!" I called from the foyer. "It's almost eight! We need to get going!"

I heard Dad sigh as he walked into the foyer. "I swear Hunter. You really need your license."

"I will get mine if you buy me a car."

"Deal," Dad said, grabbing his keys off the key hook.

I raised an eyebrow. "Wait, seriously? I was kidding." I didn't expect my dad to get me a car. With my attitude lately, I thought he would have laughed and told me to be logical.

"I'm not," Dad said. "I'd rather by you a car then keep driving you everywhere."

"....Seriously?"

Dad sighed. "Yes, Hunter. Seriously. If you get your license, I'll buy you a car."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Hunter, does it look like I'm kidding?" Dad asked. "I know you've been a bit....hard to handle, but you've been getting your drinking problem under control. You deserve something for trying that hard."

"Not a car."

"Besides," Dad continued, ignoring me as he opened the front door and we walked out. "When you finally get the guts to ask that girl out, you're going to need a car to drive her places."

"What?" I asked. "I don't....I'm not....I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Uh huh," he said in a tone that told me he didn't believe me. We got in the car and began driving to my school. I was hoping Dad would drop the conversation, but he didn't. "It's really obvious you like her, you know. The look you give her, the fact that you stopped drinking, and what was the last one? Oh yeah, you're going to a school dance. Something you vowed you would never do."

"That doesn't mean I like her," I said. "Besides, she probably only likes me as a friend."

Dad didn't question me anymore. I would seriously hate it if Violet only liked me as a friend. She probably did. I mean, who would ever like a teenage alcoholic who barely gets along with his parents? Not Violet. She was the smartest girl in school and the only reason she hung out with me was because she was my tutor. If I got someone else as a tutor, she probably wouldn't be near me.

When we got to the school, I thanked Dad for the ride, who replied with, "Don't forget to get the guts." I rolled my eyes, happy that nobody was nearby to hear that.

I walked into the school and went to the gym, handing the student standing by the door my ticket for the dance. She gave me a smile, allowing me to walk in.

Violet was standing nearby, looking as beautiful as ever. Her red dress fitted her body perfectly, and it wasn't anywhere close to being revealing. When she saw me, she smiled and walked over. "You came," she said.

"I promised I would," I said. "You look amazing."

"Thanks," she said. "The dress isn't too much?"

I shook my head. "No, not at all. It suits you perfectly."

She smiled even brighter. "Thank you, Hunter. Oh, and by the way. Nobody has tried sneaking alcohol in here yet, so you're safe."

"Good," I said. "I haven't drank in a while and I really don't want to start now."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't go near any alcohol if some idiot decides to bring any. The dance started not that long ago, so there's still a chance."

I sighed. "I really hope nobody brings any. So....what exactly does one do at a dance?"

"We dance," Violet said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the middle of the gym where everyone was dancing.

"Oh, no," I said. "I don't dance."

Violet snorted. "Okay, there's two things that counter that. One, you're at the school dance. And two, you were dancing when you performed last week. And trust me, you got some serious moves."

"But that was planned choreography," I said. "I have no idea how to freestyle." Okay, that was a little lie. I loved dancing and freestyling, but I didn't want to dance at the school dance. The only reason I decided to come was because of Violet.

"You don't have to be a professional dancer," Violet said. "You just let loose. Come on, it will be fun."

I sighed. "Alright, fine. I'll dance."

And that was what we did for the next hour or so. Dance, as well as take a few breaks to eat. It actually felt good to let loose for once instead of stress over anything. The only time I ever felt this relaxed was when I was performing.

Cannon was the DJ for the dance, and I knew the true reason behind it. He had to stay at the music booth for the whole dance, so he wasn't able to leave and pull the pranks I always heard about. The teachers were smart to put him as the DJ.

"Alright, let's slow things down a bit," Cannon said, changing the upbeat song into a slow song. "This is for all you lovebirds out there." I looked over at Cannon and saw him make a heart to me and Violet as he wiggled his eyebrows. Good god, how did he know I liked her? Then again, he was my best friend. He knew everything about me.

I could ask Violet to dance. I could do what my dad said and get the guts to ask her. It wouldn't be that hard, right?

Then again, I was worried she only saw me as a friend. She knew about my life and everything I went through. She knew I had a drinking problem, so why would she like me if she did.

Screw it, I thought before turning to Violet. "You....want to dance?"

Violet gave me a faint smile. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Violet began to slow dance and honestly, I thought it was going to be really awkward. It wasn't at all.

"So, are you happy you actually came?" Violet asked.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I am. It's surprisingly fun."

"I figured you'd like it," Violet said. "After all, it's a dance. You love music a lot, says the tattoo on your wrist. And even thought you apparently can't freestyle, you're a really good dancer."

"Actually, I kind of lied," I said. "I can freestyle. I just didn't want to dance."

"And are you happy you did?" Violet asked.

"Yes, Vi, I'm happy I came and danced," I said. "Thank you for wanting me to come."

"Of course," Violet said. "You're my friend and I want you to have a fun time."

There that word was. Friend. I still wanted to be more than friends with her. She was so kind and sweet and she was always there for me. She was even the reason I hadn't drank in a while. Not to mention she was beautiful.

The song suddenly changed to a really....awkward song. "Sha la la la la la, my oh my, look like the boy too shy, he ain't gonna kiss the girl. Sha la la la la la, ain't that sad, ain't it a shame, too bad, you gonna miss the girl."

"Sorry," Cannon said. "I hit a wrong button." He then changed the song back to the one it was. Sorry my foot. He did it in purpose. The smirk the he gave me proved otherwise.

"Well...." Violet said. "That was awkward."

"That's Cannon for you," I said. "He knows how to change anything awkward real quick."

"Wasn't it an accident?" Violet asked. "Why else would he apologize?"

"Trust me, it was no an accident," I said.

"But....why would he play 'Kiss the Girl; on purpose?" she asked.

Crap. Come on, Hunter. Think of an excuse.

....I've got nothing. "I got no idea," I lied.

Violet nodded, but she looked like she didn't believe. "Right. You can be honest with me, you know."

"I am," I lied.

"I know when you're lying," Violet said. "Your eyes shift to the left."

I sighed, looking at the ground. "Would....would it be weird if I tell you I really want to kiss you?"

I couldn't believe I just said that. What was I thinking? Of course it was weird. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Not at all," Violet said. I looked at her, my eyebrows furrowed. "Want to know why?" Without waiting for my reply, she reaching up to cup my face before pressing her lips against mine. "That's why," she said after pulling away.

"Wow," I said. "That's a pretty good reason. But I didn't quite catch that."

Violet smiled as I leaned down to kiss her again. Finally, things were going perfect for me. Hopefully it would all last.

______________

Aw Hunter and Violet are together now. So cute. cx Shout out to Cannon for playing "Kiss the Girl" for them. (;

I almost didn't get this up today because I'm feeling really sick and I'm not in that much of a mood to write. But since I update this every Saturday, I thought it would be fair to get it up as opposed to waiting next week. That and I really wanted Hunter and Violet together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 236 68
"Our eyes meet and I forget how to breathe. Worlds change when eyes meet. It's in the eyes. Always the eyes. Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous th...
5.7K 304 22
Everyone gets to that point in life where they’re overwhelmed and have had enough. For most, this occurs during college or as an adult. Not for Cassi...
12.4K 309 25
Celia Elizabeth Hunters. A typical American girl who grew up in Nashville, Tennessee. She just turned eighteen and has decided to leave Nashville and...