Lover Dearest [3]

By writerbug44

The third book in the Celebrity Status series! This story follows Libby, Holly, and all of their friends to... More

Let's Do This!
1.) Fresh Starts
2.) Big News
3.) Midnight Snacks
4.) Long Flights
5.) Australian Mansions
6.) Pushy Friends
7.) Ex-Boyfriends
8.) Mutual Avoiding
9.) Personal Space
10.) Hot Neighbors
11.) Luxurious Pools
12.) Beach Parties
13.) Morning Drama
13.5.) Morning Drama- Through Jackson's Eyes
14.) Freaking Out
15.) Forming Secrets
16.) Venting
17.) Awkward Awkwardness
18.) Teenage Crisis
19.) Frustration
20.) Fancy Tears
21.) Home Alone
22.) Parental Drama
23.) Realizations
24.) Third Tries
24.5.) Third Tries- Through Holly's Eyes
25.) First Dates
26.) Movie Nights
27.) Truces
28.) Weddings
Final Goodbyes.
One shot- istoleurcrayon
One shot- CharlieDeVonne

29.) Final Epilogues

98.3K 3K 1.4K
By writerbug44

Holly’s POV- A bunch of years later

“Kale!” I gasped. “Kale, stop it!”

“Not until you say it.”

“No!” I shrieked as I writhed around the sheets of our king sized bed with his fingers digging deep into my sides and wiggling around. “I won’t say it!” I huffed stubbornly.

“Then I guess we can do this all day.” He sang, hovering over top of me.

It tickled so bad and I knew that there was no way that I could escape without succumbing to his requests, no matter how much it pained me. “Okay, okay!” I finally gave up.

He stopped tickling me and looked at me with an expected expression. “Then say it.” He smirked.

I sighed heavily. “Kale West is the sexiest person alive.”

His smirk widened. “That’s not what I said you had to say.” Kale informed me.

“No?” I asked innocently, pushing my hips up into his, since he was straddling me and made it so easy for me to tease him. “Well, I said it and it’s true so I should get some points for that.”

“I know what you’re trying to do.” He mumbled, pinning my hands to the mattress with his own hands so that I couldn’t escape. “It’s not going to work.”

“We really do have somewhere do be today, you know.” I mentioned, but he wasn’t having it.

“Say it.”

“No.”

“Say it.”

“Nope.”

“You can’t win this.” He told me matter of factly.

“Or I could just wait you out until Mathew wakes up.” I suggested.

“Mathew won’t wake up for another few hours.” He informed me, pushing his hips back into mine, causing me to gasp unexpectedly as he turned my own plan against me. “So you go ahead and wait.”

Okay, this could turn bad very quickly. “Fine, you win.” I mumbled in defeat.

“I’m waiting.” He sang teasingly.

I gave him a dirty look before deciding to actually say the sentence this time, it was really my last option and he knew it. “Kale West is better at cooking pancakes than me, Holly West.”

He grinned and then placed his lips one mine. “Now was that so hard?”

“Painful.” I admitted as he released my hands and put his lips on mine again, only this time- they stayed there longer and there was a lot more groping and tongue and moaning.

“Mama!” I heard the faint cry of our four year old son.

“He won’t get up for a few hours, huh?” I mumbled against Kale’s lips with a defeated sigh.

“Well, he’s excited about today, don’t blame me.” Kale shrugged sheepishly as he rolled off of me and I stood to my feet to go get Mathew out of bed and ready for the day, which was big- it was Megan’s birthday. Megan is Andy and Tommy’s five year old daughter, she was turning six today, which is why we were all going to Andy and Tommy’s house for a party.

An hour later, Mathew was dressed in his favorite Batman shirt- complete with a cape on the back and the yellow logo on the front and he was bouncing around the lower level of the house in excitement for Megan’s party. “Mama, party?” He asked impatiently.

“In a minute.” I laughed as his blonde hair bounced around his face as he ran around the large living room. “Daddy has to get his keys.”

“I have them.” Kale defended, holding up the small ring of keys in his hand as he walked into the room. “Let’s go, little buddy.”

“Do you have the present?” I asked as all three of us walked out the back door towards the garage.

“It’s already in the trunk.” He informed me.

We all went into the garage and I helped Mathew into his car seat  in the back before hopping into the passenger seat of the car since Kale was going to drive.

“Party!” Mathew ranted, his bright blue eyes gleaming with excitement. “I want cake.”

“You’ll get cake, Matt.” Kale assured our son.

“He eats like his dad.” I teased Kale. “You’re both pigs.”

“Hey, that’s why you married me.” He told me cheekily.

I shook my head. “I’ve told you a million times that I only married you for your looks. And because of it, I have a gorgeous baby boy, so I guess it was worth putting up with your excessive eating and annoying snoring.”

“I’m not a baby!” Mathew whined from the backseat.

“No, he looks like his mom.” Kale denied. “And my snoring is sexy.”

I looked back at Mathew through the review mirror. He had Kale’s oceanic eyes, but my blonde hair and noes, but definitely Kale’s jaw line. He was kind of a mix between both of us, but he certainly had Kale’s personality and he’s already getting into baseball. Well, for now he’s on a tee ball team, but when he gets older, he’ll move up to baseball, which Kale is excited about.

“He looks like us both.” I mediated.

“Party!” Mathew cried happily.

“We’ll be there soon, bud.” Kale promised his son.

We were actually almost there already since Andy and Tommy didn’t live far away from us at all. We actually all live in the same neighborhood, but it’s a huge neighborhood. Libby and Jackson still live in the house that Jackson got the year after he moved to California and Ryder and Carrie live in the house beside that since his parents bought a house in France and have been living there for the past six or seven years. They gave the house to Ryder since he was the oldest, and both Andy and Kale were okay with moving out. Even Isaac and Elle and the twins have moved into the same neighborhood.

“Party!” Mathew cheered as we pulled up to the already busy house. The party was going to be in the backyard, so I freed Mathew of his car seat while Kale got the large present wrapped in Barbie wrapping paper from the trunk- it was a pink drum set that will most likely drive both Andy and Tommy insane.

“Go on, Matt.” I urged Mathew to go on into the party. He excitedly bolted from our side and into the backyard where the party was, but wasn’t visible from the driveway where we were.

“Do you need help?” I asked my husband as we walked down the driveway with the drum set in his arms.

“No,” Kale scoffed. “I can carry a toddler’s drum set.”

“Okay, Mr. Masculine.” I sang teasingly.

He laughed but before he could respond, we were in the back yard where everybody was sitting around the back yard, some people were swimming in the pool, others were eating from the long table of food that was put up by the house. Mathew was already playing tag with Megan, Adriane, and with Trevor stumbling along behind them all, trying to get involved in the game, but he was still only one and a half, so he was adorably clueless. The rest of the kids were swimming in the pool or eating with their parents.

“Holly!” Libby called from one of the tables that she was sitting at. She had a full plate in front of her and she was sitting at the circular table with Carrie, Ryder, Andy, and Tommy. She waved me over to the table and, after Kale placed the huge pink box with the other presents, we joined them at the table, facing the yard so we could keep an eye on Mathew.

“Hey.” I chirped. “Where’s Jackson?”

“Oh, he’s in the pool with Brandelon.” She said, pointing her finger in the direction of the pool where I saw Jackson, along with many other adults and children, holding their three year old daughter in the water as she enjoyed splashing and kicking around the shallow end.

“That better not be what it looks like.” Andy told both me and Kale, eyeing the pink present in the colorful array of presents by the entrance of the back yard.

I grinned innocently at her. “I don’t know what you think it is.”

She playfully glared at me. “Megan does not need a drum set.”

“Yes she does.” Tommy interjected with a smile. “She can be a musician when she grows up.” Tommy was still singing and making albums, but not as often as he used to, because he became more into the producing side of music as well, helping other artists produce their work, which is cool and he seems to really like the behind the scenes stuff.

“Or she can be like her mother and become a makeup artist.” Andy pointed out.

“Well, you’re on even playing field because we got her a vanity.” Libby chirped.

“Or she could be like her favorite uncle and go into the acting business.” Ryder interjected. He’s still making millions by doing movies, only he’s not the teenage heart throb anymore. I’m pretty sure that he has a role lined up for becoming Iron Man or Superman, I don’t know which one, but it’s one of those superheroes.

“You’re not her favorite uncle.” Kale defended. “She clearly likes me way better.”

“Well, I don’t think Megan wants to be architect.” Andy said, rolling her eyes.

“So, ha!” Ryder gloated like he was a teenager again. “I win.”

And that’s exactly how two grown men, at the ages of 30 and 32, were rolling around in the grass in a full out brotherly wrestling match.

“Watch your son, Ryder!” Carrie chastised her husband as Trevor started running towards the two boys to try and protect Ryder when he worried that Kale was hurting him. Carrie eventually got out of her seat and picked the baby boy up and brought him back to the table. He was about to let out a loud wail before Carrie bribed him with some macaroni and cheese and he was happy and worry free again. Carrie and Ryder got married three years ago, which wasn’t surprising after they became public with their relationship after we returned from our summer in Australia. They never told us about their dramatic situation, but it was obviously all cleared up when they got back to the states, because they were adorably inseparable. Trevor is their only kid right now, but I think they’re trying for another one because she wants a girl.

“Holly, you’re showing!” Elle squealed, excitedly eyeing my stomach that was covered by a loose summer dress at the moment.

“Oh my gosh, you totally are!” Libby realized, causing everybody to start staring at my stomach- I wasn’t even showing yet, so I don’t know what they saw. I think the idea of pregnancy makes people delusional, that’s my opinion.

“Do you know what you’re having?” Andy asked, now on the topic of my unborn child.

“It’s a girl.” I told them, smiling. I was fifteen weeks pregnant with my second child, which was really exciting to me because I really want a girl- like really bad. “Kale wanted a boy though.”

“Kale already has his boy.” Andy rolled her eyes. “What are you going to name her?”

“We’re still talking about names, but I’m thinking Rebecca Jane.” I said with a small smile. Middle names have always been so sacred to me, it’s a huge deal. For example, Trevor’s full name is Trevor Jackson West, and my daughter’s name will be Rebecca Jane West, if Kale agrees on Rebecca, because Jane was my mom’s name. Kale is pretty indifferent about middle names so I get full reign in that department, which is really cool.

“That’s such a pretty name.” Libby complimented. “Our babies are only going to be a few months apart, that is so cute.”

“Well, you’re about to pop, so more than a few months.” Elle giggled.

I laughed, eyeing Libby’s humongous stomach- she was eight and a half months pregnant and due very soon. “Well, I can’t wait for Rosie to get here.” I told her. Rosie was what she and Jackson agreed to name her when she was born. I think it’s a really cute name, even though Jackson was incredibly disappointed when he found out that he has yet to get a boy. They only have to girls, but I think that they’re going to try again for a boy.

“I think she can wait one more day at least, we don’t need two birthdays on the same day, that would complicate things terribly.” Libby chuckled. “Gosh, I don’t know why I keep agreeing to have kids, pregnancy is awful. And I’m going to have to do it all over again because Jackson wants a dang boy. If we don’t get one this time, that’s the end of it, I swear. He’ll have to get his boy somewhere else.”

We all laughed at her just as Megan came up to the table and made a bee line for her dad. After greeting us, she turned to Tommy with her big brown eyes. “Daddy, will you come into the pool with me?”

“You can go by yourself.” He insisted.

“Yes, but I want you to come with me.” She whined. “Please, please?”

Such a daddy’s girl. I thought to myself with amusement.

“Okay.” He sighed, standing up from the table and following the little blonde girl towards the water. “Let’s go.”

“Daddy, can we have cake now?” Adriane, Isaac and Elle’s eight year old daughter, came up to the table, tugging on Isaac’s sleeve as if all of the little kids decided that now would be a good time to come bug their parents.

“We haven’t sang happy birthday yet, girly.” Isaac responded.

“And you have to have lunch first.” Elle added, standing up and taking her daughter to the food table to get something to eat.

“Sorry I’m late.” I heard a familiar voice behind me and spun around to see Brendon walking into the back yard and then he replaced Tommy at the table, since he was gone with Megan to join Jackson and Brandelon in the pool. We all greeted him and reassured him that he wasn’t that late, and he got here before his brother did, so that’s a plus.

“Uncle Brendon!” Adrian cheered as Elle returned with her daughter to the table. She sat on Elle’s lap while she ate her sloppy Joe sandwich.

“Hey, kiddo.” Brendon laughed as he shared a hug with Adrian.

“Why are you so late?” She whined.

“I got caught up at work, but I’m here now. And I beat Jarrod.” He gloated. He was busy a lot with work, which is why- as he says- he doesn’t seriously date that much. He’s an engineer at some huge company, and I guess he’s really good at his job, therefore, very important and always working. That also means that he’s very well paid, which explains the really nice bachelor pad he has.

“By a few minutes.” Jarrod’s voice interrupted, coming into view with his girlfriend, Haley, who he’s been dating for two years, and I think he’s looking at engagement rings. Haley’s really nice, and she obviously makes Jarrod happy, so we’re all very happy for them both, they make such a cute couple. And, because they don’t have any kids of their own, they don’t mind babysitting during the weekends sometimes when me and Kale want some peace and time to ourselves. They met at the restaurant that Jarrod is a head chef at, Haley was a waitress there, which is so cute, I think.

We all greeted them and then we fell into a conversation about the music video that I was choreographing next week. Well, I’ve been working with the singer, Rihanna- you might have heard of her- for a while in the studio for practice, but next week we were actually filming, so it was pretty exciting.

“I think it’s so unfair that we don’t get to meet Rihanna.” Libby huffed.

“I second that.” Elle chirped. “So unfair.”

“I’ve met her.” Andy piped. “She’s really nice.”

I nodded in agreement. “Yes, she really is.”

“Well, I might just so happen to roll into the studio sometime this week. Accidentally, of course.” Libby giggled.

“Too bad you have work when we’re practicing.” I brought up. Since she was a high school choir teacher and dance coach, she was kinda busy on week days and some Saturdays when the team had competitions. Luckily, though, the team was one of the best in the country, so her hard work was paying off tremendously.

She playfully scowled at me before stealing a potato chip off of Adrian’s plate, earning her a dirty look and a short whine before the crime was easily forgotten and Adrian’s focus was back on her plate of food.

“Hey, Holls.” Jackson chirped as he carried a dripping Brandelon over to the table. They were both dripping, actually, since they had just come from the pool.

“Hello.” I greeted my big brother with a wide smile.

“Don’t sit down.” Libby scolded as he eyed one of the fabric lawn chairs. “You’re soaked.”

He smirked and opened his mouth to say something perverted, but Libby beat him to it.

“Not in front of your daughter, Jackson Thorne.”

He laughed and then looked at his daughter who was still in his arms. “Mommy’s grumpy.”

“Mommy’s hormonal.” Libby corrected.

“Okay,” Jackson appeased, seeing as he had no way of winning an argument with a pregnant lady. That’s a valuable lesson all men should learn- no arguing with pregnant ladies because you won’t get very far. “We’ll go eat.”

“Food!” Brandelon cheered.

“Yeah, baby, food.” He laughed, walking away towards the food table. Jackson was also still into acting, but not as much as when he was teenage heart throb status. I mean, there are still girls with his pictures on their walls, but he, like Ryder, is just older now. However, unlike Ryder, Jackson got into the behind the scenes stuff. He’s produced and even directed a few movies before and he’s just starting with that kind of stuff, which is pretty cool. I’m pretty sure that Jackson is going to direct a movie that Ryder is starring in. Isn’t that so cute? Even after so many years, they’re still best friends. I don’t even think that they’ve ever fought, which is crazy.

Even me and Libby fight sometimes, like that time in Australia. I mean, that wasn’t really a fight, we were both just so caught up in our own problems that we were just blind to each other, and it was mostly my fault, but it was so long ago, we just don’t talk about that anymore. Speaking of that summer, Kale’s England trip was a no go, because once we returned to America, the only thing left of his acceptance letter was shredded bits. He shredded his acceptance letter so that I couldn’t try to persuade him to go. He’s so weird, like that, although I was guiltily really relieved that I wouldn’t have to live without him for so long. That would have been excruciating.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I’m exhausted.” I groaned, laying down in the warm mattress of my bed. We’d had such a long day at Andy’s, with cake and presents, a piñata, and then the swimming- I didn’t swim, though, because of the chlorine, but Kale took Mathew swimming. However, when we’re all together like that, we all basically just watch all of the kids, and when they are all bundles of energy with sugar highs from cake and ice cream, it’s exhausting. Luckily, Mathew crashed in the car ride on the way home, so he was heavily sleeping in his room now.

“Well, then sleep.” Kale laughed, sitting down beside me and softly rubbing my back.

I sighed and sat back up, deciding to get dressed in pajamas before I fell asleep. “I will.” I sighed, getting dressed in a short silk lingerie set with matching panties, disregarding the fact that Kale was right there. He’s my husband, so it’s not like he’s never seen me before.

“What are you trying to do, Mrs. West?” Kale asked skeptically as I crawled back into bed.

I grinned at him innocently. “I’m not trying anything, Mr. West. If I make you uncomfortable then you can shut your eyes.”

He scoffed as he took his turn to get dressed. I, however, actually looked away so that I didn’t get a show. “You don’t make me uncomfortable.” He defended, laying down beside me.

“No?” I asked with raised eyebrows. “Then what’s the problem?”

“There isn’t one.” He laughed, leaning over and placing his lips on mine.

“You’re so stupid.” I giggled, scooting my body closer to his so that we were pressed against each other, parallel to each other.

“I’m not that stupid.” He defended. “I married you.”

I rolled my eyes and blushed a bit. “Correction. You’re stupid and cheesy.”

“Does that turn you on?” He smirked, inching his face closer to mine.

“No.” I laughed. “But I do love it.”

“I know.” He said cheekily before leaning down and bravely kissing my collar bone.

I gasped sharply. “That does turn me on.” I croaked.

He laughed. “I know.” And then he was kissing my lips with heavy passion.

I knew that Matt was asleep, and he was a heavy sleeper, so I kissed him back, returning his undying passion.

His hands ventured to my bare thighs and I knew that this was going to be a very, very long night.

The End

*No snakaspideroos were harmed in the making of this story*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 58K 36
16 year old Lexi (Alexandra) Carter and her two best friends; Zayn and Kylie, are just normal high school students. They aren't popular like Lexi's...
95.1K 2.8K 31
❝𝑢𝑯, 𝑰𝑺 𝑴𝒀 𝑩𝑨𝑩𝒀 𝑨𝑩𝑢𝑼𝑻 𝑻𝑢 π‘ͺ𝑼𝑴?❞ β–°β–±β–°β–±β–°β–±β–°β–±β–°β–±β–°β–±β–° βžͺπ‘©π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’: (12/25/2022) βžͺ𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅: (05/05/2023) βžͺ𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒔: π’„π’π’Žπ’‘π’π’†π’•π’†οΏ½...
3.5M 97.2K 41
There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran into it; literally. He liked to hide in...
13.2M 283K 50
Madeline Stone knows where her future is heading-her family has that part all figured out. On her twenty-first birthday she is stealing a few moment...