Dear Diary (5sos au)

By clairewrites18

As Emma uncovers a diary in her basement, she finds a mystery and a love story. Her parents love story. {Comp... More

Dear Diary, I'm Lonely
Dear Diary, I'm Scared
Dear Diary, I'm Depressed
Dear Diary, I'm Confused
Dear Diary, I'm Worthless
Dear Diary, I'm Angry
Dear Diary, I'm Stuck
Dear Diary, I'm Trying
Dear Diary, I'm Hiding
Dear Diary, I'm Healing
Dear Diary, I'm Falling
Dear Diary, I'm Greiving
Dear Diary, I'm Jealous
Dear Diary, I'm Awful
Dear Diary, Im Suspicious
Dear Diary, Im Leaving
Dear Diary, Im Running
Dear Diary, I'm Lost
Dear Diary, I'm Torn
Dear Diary, Im Thinking
Dear Diary, Im Choosing
Dear Diary, Im Hated
Dear Diary, Im Allison
Dear Diary, Im Happy
Dear Diary, Im Ready
Dear Diary, Im Excited
The Last Page
Epilogue
Authors Note

Prologue

149 3 0
By clairewrites18

"Emma, for the tenth time, please clean the attic! When your father gets home from tour I want the whole house completely clean." Mom nags once again. I roll my eyes and get off the couch.

"Who cares if the attic is clean?" I whine, walking into the dining room where mom was cleaning the credenza.

"I do, now go clean it!" I sigh but give in, knowing this wouldnt go away.

I walk up to the second floor. I could hear Aidan in his bedroom, singing along to some song i've never heard.

I pull the attic door open and climb up the ladder. Dust flies around, causing me to cough and sneeze a few times.

I flicker on the old light, and take in my surroundings. Mostly dust covered boxes, a few old pairs of shoes... and a bunch of posters from my dads old concerts.

I grab the first box and look through it.

A bunch of baby clothes from me and Aidan. I just toss it to the side, as another box catches my eye.

It was labeled memories from high school.

Oddly specific.

I rip it open, to find a bunch of Polaroids piled at the top. Most of them were of mom and dad, uncle Cal, uncle Mikey, uncle Ash and aunt Allie.

I knew they were all friends senior year. But that's all I really knew. For whatever reason, mom and dad never told us much about high school or how they met.

Just simply dad was a foreign exchange student.

I continued digging through the fragile box and eventually found something other than pictures.

It was a brown, leather book with a few words etched into it.

Claire Avery's Diary

My mother had a diary?

I open up the first page to see a picture taped into it.

It seemed to be an old photo. Mom and then dads band.

My family...

I flip to the next page, but what I didnt know, was that I was about to unveal a love story.

My parents love story.

___________________________

Sorry if this is terrible and too short 😕

But the story is going to hopefully be amazing so get ready and make sure you have a box of tissues!

Update: Okay I wrote this story like two years ago and I'm currently going through and editing it because it's awful and for some reason people are still reading it 😂 So I'd rather not be embarrassed further (I used the wrong form of your/you're, *cringe*)

~Claire

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379 30 31
8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...
664K 17.8K 60
Jessie's parents had given her up when she was only four years old and she had been living in a orphanage ever since. 12 years later, her entire lif...