Fearing the Alpha

By Angell99

Lucy was just a child when she met Jay, and suddenly the world she knew came tumbling down. She thought she w... More

Fearing the Alpha
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 inter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

501 13 2
By Angell99

ALPHA JAY’S POV

            “Alpha Jay, we have rogues in our territory, what would you like to do?” enquired my beta. I could just order their death’s, it would be easier, but extremely horrible. I could have them brought to me, but I disliked that idea, it was like leading pray to their grave. I much preferred the chase. I got up from my desk, and put the papers I had been using away. Before I followed my beta Mitch, through the maze of hallways and out into the open. Where a group of people from my pack were waiting.

            “Take me to them Mitch.” I told him.  We all stripped down, before shifting. It wasn’t until I was in wolf form, that I smelt a sweet smell. It smelt like a freshly baked cake, or the ocean breeze. I ignored the smell and followed my beta until he signaled that we were close to the rogues. I shifted back, as well as some others from my pack. We all put on some clothing, pretty much shorts or pants. As much as I loved to show off my generous sized family jewels, I didn’t think any female rogues would be overly please with the sight, especially if they were young. We did get the occasional teenager run away rogue. They were annoying; the question was always, do we send them back? Kill them? Or ask them to join the pack. I told my pack to surround them, and stay out of view, through our mind link. I waited for everyone to be in position, before commanding them to show themselves. I stepped out, and saw three horrified faces looking at me. They all in turn looked to see if there was an escape root, but frowned when there wasn’t.  One of them was hiding behind the younger male, but that didn’t bother me, other pack members could see them. “What are you rogues doing on my territory?” I sap, ignoring the delicious smell. And just concentrating on the older male.

            “We were just passing through” he replied, successfully keeping a calm voice. I held the old man’s gaze, he had deep blue eyes. When I heard the sound of two small footsteps. I snapped my gaze to where the sound came from. They came from a small girl, no older than 15. The one who had been hiding behind the younger male rogue. She had long wavy brown hair, and gorgeous dark brown hair. MATE! MY wolf screamed, he couldn’t be happier. He had found the one and only.

            “Mine” I growled. So that’s the amazing smell was, her.  I noticed that she wasn’t very tall.

            “No, can’t be…” Trailed off the younger male rogue. My wold growled, threateningly at him.

            “Come here” I told her. I wanted nothing more than to hug her and see my mark on her slightly tanned neck. My mate had paled considerably, and she shook her head in refusal! My mate refused a command, not good. I growled and purposefully strode towards her. When the male rogue she had been hiding behind, stepped out in front of my mate. As if to protect her, I growled threateningly at him. When he didn’t move, I punched him square in the face, before quickly shoving him aside. She looked at the male rogue worriedly, before turning to me. She gave me one look, and trying to sprint away from me. I wasn’t going to let her get away from me, ever. I growled and wrapped my hands around her maturing waist, and brought her back to my bare chest. I dragged her back to where I had been standing “Kill them” I said simply.

            “Noooo” she screamed, her voice was lovely. But slightly high from concern, for the other rogues. I watched the adult rogues, who were obviously mates; love was clear in their eyes when they looked at each other. I looked at the younger male rogue; he was quite a good fighter. Shame he was a rogue, and about to be a dead one too. “You can’t!” She screamed in horror, it made me sad that I had to kill them. But they were rogues, and we don’t tolerate them. I could feel her trying to squirm her way out of my firm grip. So I tightened my arms, which were around her waist. I kindly ignored all her attempts t hurt me, I couldn’t let her go, and because she would probably run into the fight and get herself hurt. I kept a firm grip on her waist, and watched the fight progress. I watched the female rogue turn to look at my mate, and have her throat torn out. Her mate let out a howl of despair, only to follow her fate mere seconds later. The now lone rogue looked at me mate in horror. Having given just enough time for a pack member to get the kill. My mate turned and bashed her small fists into my rock hard chest. I just nuzzled my face into her neck. Enjoying the closeness and inhaling her delicious sent. I was struggling to resist the strong urge to sink my canines into her soft skin, marking her as mine forever.

            “Alpha, you should take her home, and make sure she is ok.” Recommended my beta. I had just brought my head up to reply, when she slipped out of my grip and ran for it. I quickly overcame my pause, and sprinted after her.

            Get her! I screamed at my pack, through the mind link.  They all turned and tried to grab her slim body, but she dodged them all surprisingly well. It was my beta’s hand which caught her little arm, pulling her to a stop. Sadly my beta did not catch her when she stopped, just let her fall backwards and land on her butt. I growled at him, for not being more careful with my delicate mate. I looked down at her terrified figure, anger radiating off me. I was furious that she would even think about running away from me, let alone sprinting away from me. I let my wolf take over; he grabbed her slim waist and chucked her small body over my shoulder. I started a brisk walk off towards the pack house. I could feel her small fist slamming into my back, while she tried to kick my chest. Which failed miserably because it gave me a reason to place my hand high on her thighs, and I put a small amount of pressure on them to keep them still. No, I am not a perve, but she is my mate. So of course I enjoy being close to her and touching her. Once I reached the pack house, I walked to the room, in which I spent the night if I was working late. It had a large double bed, attached bathroom and a drawer full of clothes. I placed her down and quickly turned to lock the door. I turned and stared into her dark chocolate brown eyes.

            “My names Jay, what’s yours mate?” I asked her. She didn’t reply, just looked at me blankly. I sighed frustratedly and frowned. Why wouldn’t she talk to me? “Who were those people?” I asked her, hoping that she would reply. Even if it was out of anger, I just wanted to hear her voice. I was fighting with my wolf for control, he was furious that she wasn’t replying. I growled, my wolf finally gaining control, he stalked towards her. And grabbed her wrists pulling her into my chest. I have to say, it felt amazing to have her small body against mine.  “My mate will respect me, you will be a good little mate, and do what I want.” My wolf commanded her; he could be very cruel if he didn’t get what he wanted. When I saw a tear sliding down her cheek, I pushed my wolf back and took control. “It’s ok love” I cooed, while wiping away her tears. I didn’t want her to cry, ever, especially in front of me. I was extremely surprised when she slapped away my hand, and slid out of my grip.  I growled at her, warning her to come back to me, or I would come and get her. When she continued walking backwards, I growled again and stalked towards her. My wolf seized control, and slapped my mate. I watched in horror as more tears streamed down her face.

            “Don’t. Touch. Me.” She said, so quietly that I thought I had imagined it.

            “So you can speak” I said, finally regaining my voice. “Are you going to tell me your name? Or shall I find out a different way?” I asked her threateningly. I didn’t want to threaten her, but her expression made two things clear. One, she wanted to be anywhere but here. Two, she would do nearly anything not to tell me. “Do you know what a mark does?” I enquired. She frowned and shook her head. Good, I was going to scare her into giving me her name. “Well once you’re marked. You will belong to me forever. I will be able to read your thoughts, call out your wolf and make you do anything I want.” I informed her. Stretching out the ‘anything’. I lied, only a little bit though, once marked. I would be able to read her thoughts, but only if she didn’t shield me out. The rest of it was true though. Horror crossed her face immediately. “Now would you like to tell me your name? Or shall I put a magnificent mark on you beautiful neck?” I asked her innocently.

            “Lucy” she replied timidly.

            “Lucy” I repeated, admiring her name. And how it felt coming off my tongue. “How old are you?” I asked her, looking her square in the eyes.

            “13” she answered, irritatedly. I was surprised, to say the least. She was so much younger than I expected, I watched her for a minute. Before turning on my heels and leaving the room. Making sure I locked the door behind me. I headed to the kitchen, when I passed my sister.

            “Phoebe, can you make something for my mate, and find her a change of clothes for her. I need to speak to mum.” I gushed, and walked out of the room. Without waiting for an answer. I weaved through the halls, and luckily found mum. She was about to leave but I caught her just in time.

            “Mum, can I talk to you?” I asked her, kindly. I remember how she used to scream at me if I disrespected her.

            “Of course sweaty, what’s wrong?” She asked kindly. I signalled for her to follow me, and we walked to my office. I held the door open for her, and closed it behind her.

            “Mum, it’s about my mate. She hates me, she won’t respect me, and she doesn’t love me like she is meant to.” I tell her, she was always the person I went to when I had girl problems.

            “Sweetie, what have you done to make her act like that? And who is she?” She asked calmly.

            “Well, she was with the rogues we killed earlier. And her name is Lucy, she’s 13 years old.” I informed her. “And I don’t know what I did wrong; she’s acting nothing like how dad told me she would.”

            “Who were the rogues you killed?” Her voice chimed through my bubble of misery.

            “I don’t know, she wouldn’t tell me” I whisper.

            “Well, the people you killed. Were probably her family, or like her family. And as for her not acting like she is meant to towards you, she probably hasn’t shifted yet. So she has no want or need to love you.” She told me. “Respect is earned, and does not just exist. Well her love will grow, and not appear. It’s what happens when you meet your mate before 15, or if your mate is horribly cruel to her. Just remember that son, she may be meant to love you, but that doesn’t mean she will.” She finished. She then just got up and left, leaving me to my thoughts. I quickly followed behind her, and went to find my sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.4K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
2.1M 53.3K 30
Sophia Frost is a cold, charming and secretly sweet woman. However she's a Rogue with no desire to be apart of any pack, not again. See, she used to...
504 21 19
All Lola wanted to do was have fun so when her best friends Logan and Zoe brought up the school trip to some dusty old house of course she was bored...
10K 517 18
I could only think of one thing Run That's all I could think about. they told me to run. I'm such a coward. Hi my name is Lucy and this is my story. ...