Is Love Enough

Par CPDRuzekfan

Adam Ruzek and Kim Burgess. I'm going to start it the night Kim was shot, but how I would of written it after... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors Note Not an update
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
QUESTION...

Chapter 23

1.8K 19 2
Par CPDRuzekfan

Adam was slamming his desk drawer shut, "why can't I find a fucking pen in this place, who the fuck keeps stealing mine?" He yelled.

"Woah, Ruzek. What's your problem?" Hank asked him.

"It's nothing Boss, I'm sorry" he plopped down in his chair, "it's just" he was about to explain, "never mind, it's fine. I'll be fine"

Hank approached Al, "Olinsky, what's up his ass?" He whispered motioning to Adam, "talk to him see what's up"

Al nodded, "he's got a lot going on but he'll be fine"

"Let's go for a drive kid" Al clapped him on the back, "you look like you need a change of scenery"

"Really?" Adam exhaled, "I'd rather just catch up on paperwork"

"And I'd rather not have your ugly ass as a partner" Al smiled, "let's go"

They drove towards the pier, "what was that outburst back at the bullpen about?" Al asked as he searched for a parking spot, "something going on with Kim?"

Adam laughed sarcastically, "Yea, somethings going on with Kim. She fucking told Roman she was pregnant and still hasn't said a word to me" he unbuckled and climbed out of the car, "I put the pregnancy test on my pillow this morning, she knows I know now" he slammed the door.

"How do you know she told Roman?" He jogged a little to catch up to him.

"I talked to him this morning, told him to look out for her because she's pregnant" he recounted, "that's when he said 'she finally told you', Al it was like getting kicked in the balls" he picked a rock up and tossed it in the lake, "Why the fuck isn't she telling me?"

"I'm not the one you need to be asking" Al said, "you need to calm down, and talk to her" he couldn't help but notice the parallel "you know it wasn't too long ago that you were the one keeping a secret"

Adam lifted his gaze from the ground, "it's not the same thing O and you know it"

"Bullshit, kid, bullshit"

"How's it the same, she's carrying my fucking kid" he yelled, "not keeping a past relationship from her, this is my kid Al"

"You two talk about having kids at all?" Al asked shading his eyes from the sun, "you ever bring it up?"

Adam shrugged his shoulders, "I've mentioned it, why?"

"Kid, I'm not judging you by any means" he told him, "but maybe the fact you've been engaged three different times, has Kim worried that this isn't what you want" he sat on bench, "that you don't really want to settle down"

"I do though, if I didn't want to I wouldn't have asked her to move in with me" he pulled the chain out from under his shirt "I'm still wearing her ring around my neck, I've wanted to ask her again so many times but I don't want her to think I'm pressuring her"

"Hey Burgess!" Trudy called her over, "I swear I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but I heard boy wonder and Roman this morning, are you pregnant?"

Kim brought her hands to her face, "Yes, I am" she told her, "guess everyone knows how, huh?"

"I gotta ask, why'd you tell Roman before Adam?"

"I didn't tell Sean, he figured it out" she explained "I was a little leery of telling Adam"

"Why?"

Kim took Trudy's hand and led her into a vacant office, "I was afraid Adam wouldn't be happy, that he never got married because deep down he didn't want to settle down" she admitted, "my mother says I'm being silly but I don't know, I just couldn't bring myself to tell him, I was afraid he'd leave us"

"You need to talk to him, he's probably feeling a lot like you did when you found out about that Barbie girl" she told her.

"Brandi, and yes I guess so" she smiled.

"Brandi, Barbie whatever I'm sure she's a bimbo" Trudy laughed, "he loves you, and I know he's going to want to be a daddy to that baby you're carrying"

He couldn't believe the timing as they both arrived at the front door at the same time, "Adam" Kim said, "we need to talk" she waited as he unlocked the door, his hand gently on her back guiding her inside.

"Yes we do" Adam grabbed a beer from the fridge, "you want something to drink?"

She shook her head no, "I'm sorry, okay?"

Adam sat on the counter top, "you told Roman, before me. Do you know how much that hurt?"

"It was wrong I know, if it makes you feel better he figured it out, I didn't tell him" she explained doubtful that it made a difference. "How long have you known?"

"Since the day I came home from that long UC stint, I found the test when I was looking for my shampoo" he told her sipping the beer, "I figured I would let you tell me and it killed me as the days stretched on and turned into weeks and months and you still said nothing" he set the beer down, "how far along are you? Have you been to the doctor?"

She knew it was unfair of her, that he shouldn't have missed so much, "I'm four months along, and yes I've had a few appointments already" she could see the hurt on his face, "I'm sorry Adam, I was terrified"

He got down from the counter, "of what?"

"That you'd leave, that you didn't want this baby or me" she said, her emotions all over the place.

He wrapped his arms around her, "Darlin', I want you and this baby. You're all I want, you have to know that"

"Are you sure? I don't think I could handle it if you decided you didn't want us once the baby is here" she said, pulling at his heartstrings.

He took the chain off and let the ring slide off the chain and land in the palm of his hand, "Kim, marry me?"

"Adam, are you--"

"Don't ask me if I'm sure, because I've never been more sure of something in my life" he lifted her on top of the counter, "you and this baby" his hand on her stomach, "are my world, nothing will take me from you two, nothing at all"

Kim stared at the ring on her finger, as he made breakfast "I was thinking, what if we just eloped?" she asked, watching as the morning sun made the diamond sparkle and tossed reflections on the wall, "no big crazy wedding, just you and me"

Adam emptied the scrambled eggs on to a plate, "Don't you want a big wedding?" He asked her, putting the plate in front of her, "eat"

"Not really, Trudy she's the one who wanted a big wedding" she smiled pushing the eggs around on the plate "these look delicious"

"What about your parents and mine?" Though he hadn't spoken to his mother since just after he was shot, "they'll want to be a part of it, at least your parents will"

"They can come if they want"

Adam kneeled in front of her, his hands on her thighs, "Darlin', I want to marry you. Just the two of us at the court sounds perfect to me, but I don't want you to regret not having a big wedding. Is this what you want?"

She held his face in her hands and kissed him, breathlessly she finally spoke "Adam, Trudy drove me nuts with wedding plans, skipping all of that mess is perfect. Plus, we can have a huge party afterwards"

"Let's do it" he smiled.

THREE MONTHS LATER

Ugh, Jesus Adam, nothing in this damn closet fits!" Kim yelled from the bedroom, Adam in the living room staying out of her way, "are you ready?"

He paused the video game and went in their bedroom, "Darlin', you look-"

"Fat! Go on, you can say it" she huffed her belly had exponentially, "I feel like a whale" she sat down on the bed, "I'm not going"

He stifled his laughter, "You are many things, fat is not one of them" he sat beside her, "you look great, and you have to come" he kissed her cheek, "how's that baby of mine treating you this afternoon?"

She groaned "kicking the shit out of me" she rubbed her belly, "all it does is kick, all the time. I'm pretty sure it has ADHD, it's never still"

"I doubt that" he smiled, "we need to leave soon, you know"

"I do" she stood up straightening the dress, "this will have to do" she had finally broken down and bought maternity clothes.

"Baby showers are for chicks, right? So why am I going?" Jay asked as they pulled up in front of the venue, "I can't believe Ruzek let Kim talk him into this, she must carry his balls around in her purse" he laughed, pulling the door open for Erin.

"Yea, she does. Just like I have yours" she teased him, "be happy for them, he's your best friend"

"Oh, I'm happy for him. I'd be much happier at home with you, but I'm happy" he laughed, surprised to find Adam and Kim the only ones there.

"Where's everyone else?" Erin asked hugging Kim, "my god you've got to be the cutest pregnant woman on the face of the earth" she smiled.

Kim pointed at Adam, "how much he pay you to say that?"

"Stop it Kim, you look great"

"Thank you Lindsay. I've been trying to tell her that all morning, she didn't believe me" Adam wrapped his arm around Kim, "how's it going Halstead?"

"Good, tell me other people are coming to this party"

"Yea, we had you guys come a little earlier, we wanted to ask you both something" Kim said leading them to the table, "sit down"

Jay pulled the chair out for Erin, "everything okay?"

"Yea, perfect" Adam handed Jay a bottle of beer, "we want to know if you'll be our baby's godparents"

"Absolutely" Erin said, "we'd be honored, thanks"

Adam grinned, "tell them the rest" he smiled.

Kim laughed and held her hand and Adam's up.

"What the hell?" Erin screeched, grabbing their hands, "when did this happen?"

"A few weeks ago, we've just kept it quiet" Kim told her, "today we are going to tell everyone, I just hope Trudy doesn't kill me"

"Yea, darlin', I'm running when she finds out" he laughed.

"Don't be a baby" Kim laughed, "she's gonna be happy for us"

As the room filled with guests, and more presents than they thought they could ever open they decided to make their announcement, Adam grabbed the microphone and cleared his throat, "Hey everyone, I need just a few minutes of your time" Kim coming to stand beside him, "while we invited everyone here to celebrate the impending birth of our kid, it's not the only reason" he smirked, "I'd like you to meet the newest Ruzek, my wife"

The room erupted into applause, "thanks, as they say the third times the charm" Adam smiled, Kim elbowed him "all kidding aside, we know some of you may be disappointed that we didn't have a big wedding, but it was what was best for us"

"We hope you understand, and can forgive us" Kim smiled at Trudy, "Trudy, can you forgive me?" She asked.

"Of course, believe it or not I'm not the hard ass you all think I am" she laughed, "I'm happy for you guys"

-Note---

Didn't edit, sorry.

This may be the last update for awhile, going through some personal stuff and this won't be a priority at all. While it's a great stress reliever my mind is all over the place lately.

Thanks for hanging in.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

133K 1.4K 60
This is my first fanfic, I've read quite a few and want to give it a shot. This story is untitled at the moment and will focus on Adam Ruzek and Kim...
50.7K 633 84
The story of Penelope Lillian Voight Everyone else apart from her I do not own. Some story lines I own whereas some I take from Chicago Pd, Chicago m...
32.3K 337 17
What happens when Kim and Adam are forced to have a night out with friends (separately) Inspired by the picture of the 'Girls Night' where it looks a...
18K 182 10
When an accident strikes Kim..where will Adam be? Post Burzek break up. This story can also be found in my One Shots, but wanted it to be easier to f...