Dream

By Cheeraholic2015

This story takes place after season 6 of The Vampire Diaries! Caroline is going through a rough time becau... More

Painful Memories
Shoulder to cry on
Safe
Not So Road Trip
Dream
The landing
As the day turned to night
Deep Night
Internal thoughts
Wake Up Call
Quick Visit
Real trip, real pain
Dark Day, and unset Feelings
Author's Note
Seeking Answers
End of the road
Witchcraft
Memory Lane
Home at last
Parting once more
Stress Cleaning
Always a home- Part 1
Always and Forever- Part 2 Finale
A happy ending?

Interesting Night

3.1K 101 7
By Cheeraholic2015

I woke up with pain in my head. Trying hard as I struggled to get my hands to my head to try to stop the pain. I could feel the veins in my head popping. Finally I tried sitting up, just to realize I was being held down. I heard someone screaming, a girl. Then I noticed it was me who was screaming.

"Caroline!" I heard Klaus's voice as a distant whisper. "Caroline, Listen to me!" I felt someone shake me violently. Again, I tried to move but wasn't able to.

"Klaus!" I screamed. I took a gulp before calling him again. "Klaus, I can't get up...Ahhhhh!" I screamed finally being able to bring my hands to my head. I ran my hands through my head wildly, trying to scratch the pain away. I screamed again, "Ahhhh, Klaus make it stop!" I felt his arms lift me and made me sit up.

"Caroline what's wrong?" He asked in a worries voice, but I just kept screaming, the pain was unbareable. "Caroline, SPEAK TO ME!" I heard Klaus's desperate voice, trying to figure out what was wrong. I closed my eyes and buried my face in my elbows. Then I felt Klaus's hands slip into my chin and he gently held my head in his hands. "Calm down, Caroline. Focus on me, love." I tried calming my breaths, I started to focus on Klaus's heartbeat, it was racing. The pain was slowly subsiding. "Good girl, Caroline. Focus on me." He repeated.

"Klaus." I croaked, and before I could react tears began falling down my face. He pulled me in hugging me tightly.

"I'm here, love. I'm here." I let my arms trace along his torso and to his back and hugged him tightly, my tears not wanting to stop. "I'm here." He said once more. And I felt his lips on the top of my head. I cried, as I remebered the pain. And every time I looked back into the last two minutes I held The bottom of Klaus's shirt tighter. "Caroline, we need to leave." I nodded and let go of my death grip on Klaus.

"I'll go pack my things." I said trying to steady my voice. He nodded and gave me a quick peck on my cheek. I felt my face grow warmer that it was and turned away blushing. I got up quickly and packed everything I had brought with me, including the dress Klaus had given me.

I quickly changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and slipped on a black blouse and put on my boots. I zipped up my suitcase and began walking down the hallway. Once I got to the stairs I began going down carefully so my suitcase and I wouldn't go tumbling down.

"I got it, love. You go open the door please." Klaus said taking control, and I did what I was told.

Once I opened the door, I felt a cold breeze and was thankfull I was a vampire. But there was something a bit, unsettling about the cold dark night. The moon was out, not full. But still bright enough to send dark blue moon rays down casting shadows upon the trees.

Klaus got out and opened the SUV's trunk to put both his things in there and mine. Then he gave me the keys and told me to start the engine. I got in through the passenger side and turned on the car that way. I was that he finally got an American car because this place was confusing me. After a couple of minutes he locked the door to the mansion and walked to the car.

Klaus was barely in the car before he started driving. He sped through the road as if he owned it. Which I woudn't be surprised if he did. Finally I noticed why it was he was going so fast, there was a car, with no headlights, that was following us. I looked over at Klaus and back to rear view mirror.

"Don't look, they need to think we don't know they are there, love." Klaus said in a calm matter.

"Who's they? And did they burn my brain to a crisp?" I asked him trying to keep the same tone of voice as him but failing miserably. He moved his right hand from the stearing wheel and grabbed my left hand.

"Some witch trying to prove a point." I was trying hard to concentrate on the escape, but Klaus's hand holding mine had its side affects. I blushed a bit and turned to one of the side mirrors to sneak a glance. My thoughts were interupted by Klaus cursing. "Bloody hell." He said through his gritted teeth.

"What?" I ask turning my attention to him.

"I need my phone." He said half growling. I looked at him confused.

"Where is it, I can just get it for you." I watched with disbelief as Klaus's face turned pink.

"It's in my back pocket, love." Oh! Well this is going to be awkward. I thought to myself but nodded to Klaus.

"Well, if your ok with it, I can still get it." I said nonchalantly. Klaus just nodded and began to shift on his seat so his phone was on the side I was facing. Which I had just now noticed, was in his left back pocket. I sighed and moved to where I was between him, and his door.

I heard the car speed up and Klaus mumble under his breath.

"Caroline, love. As much as I am enjoying this," He said with sarcasm in his voice, "You need to hurry up, I need to make sure the Jet is ready for you." I quickly got glimpse of his phone and pulled it out of his back pocket. I handed him the phone and he gave me a thankful nod, again making the car go faster. I looked at the speedometer and saw we were going at 89 mph. We would soon be near the city.

After Klaus had made his phone call, I began to see the city lights. But I also noticed Klaus wasn't heading for the airport we were once in. He began taking twists and turns until, I realized what he was doing. He was loosing the car behind us. Finally, the car couldn't catch up and we left it behind, Klaus stopping the car in a dark alley.

"Caroline, I need you to listen carefully." Klaus said in a deep tone. I nodded, "If something goes wrong I want You to get this car and drive to the airport, do you understand?" I nodded, he wasn't using compulsion, but I sensed the seriousnes in his tone. "Do you know where it is?" He asked me.

"Yes, I do. But what do you mean if something goes wrong?" I asked curiously, "And if something does go wrong, i'll be fighting with you." I said as He shifted so that he was looking at me directly, carefully he grabbed my face in his hands gently.

"Because, Caroline from what I just witnessed, you are in no position to fight." I pouted when he said this.

"Klaus I'll be fine! And what is it about the people that are following us that you are freaking out about?" I asked suspiciously.

"Caroline," He said shifting to his original position in a warning tone, I knew I was pushing his buttons. And I would keep pushing until blast off.

"Klaus, I'm alright. I'm not leaving you." I said, getting his full attention. He sighed.

"Why are you to be so stubborn, love?" He asked irritated. But I could tell there was a hint of satisfaction in his voice. "Caroline, there are people in this world that would do anything to break the smallest amount of happiness I have," My heart skipped a beat when he said this, "That's why i'm not willing to loose you." I crossed my arms.

"Why not just go to the airport?" I asked, after a minute or so.

"Because that's where they are now, they think I lost them and hurried there." I laid back in my seat, to find he did too.

"Klaus?" I called his name and turned to see he had closed his eyes.

"Yes, love?" He asked not opening his eyes.

"What happened back in the mansion?" I asked, afraid of the answer. He sighed, but still didn't open his eyes, or move the slightest from his relaxed position.

"A witch thought it would be funny to play a trick on me. She's one of the people in the car, and she is going to pay for it."

"Oh." Was all I said before drifting to sleep. I know what a bad time to sleep it was, but I was exausted. And soon enough I was surrounded by darkness.

I don't know how long it was until I felt a pair of arms carry me out of my seat in the car. I panicked for a second thinking we had been found, but someone whispered into my neck,

"It's ok, love. It's just me." Klaus said sending a shiver down my spine, slowly I moved my arms around his neck and let my head rest on his chest, he didn't complain.

"Did we loose them?" I whispered against his collar bone. I felt his heart speed up and noticed I had just found one of Klaus's little weaknesses.

"Not exactly,love. You missed out on a lot while you slept, but i'll fill you in tomorrow." He said lowering me on to a bed. Which I recognized, we were back on the jet. Complaining, I let go of Klaus's neck and he wrapped a blanket around me.

"Your not staying?" I asked curious, noticing I sounded like a child, I mentaly scolded myself. I saw a smirk build on his lips.

"Not yet, love. But i'll be with you before you wake up." He said giving me a quick peck on my cheeck, but I pulled him back and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips, again putting my arms around his neck. He let out a small moan before saying,

"Caroline, you are making it very hard to concentrate right now, love." I smiled at that. And kissed him again,

"Good." I said agaisnt his lips, as we finally pulled away from eachother, our foreheads touched for a while both of us breathing heavily. After a moment, he gave me another quick peck, this time on my lips, and said goodnight as I untagled my arms from him. I rested my head on his pillow, watching him leave the small room unwillingly.

I smiled and again, fell into a deep slumber. And instead of dreaming nightmares about Tyler, I dreamed of Klaus and I dancing by the shoreline. I smiled deep inside at how cheesy my dream was, but I enjoyed it. And slowly, I drifted off until it was dark again, knowing I was far from being in a light sleep.

I felt someone move around the bed and knew that Klaus was finally going to sleep. I rolled over to see he was facing the ceiling. I moved a bit closer to him, trying hard not to make any suddent movement.

"I thought you were asleep, love." He said turning to me opening his eyes. I smiled and leaned closer to his neck.

"I was, but I woke up a couple of minutes ago." He moved his right arm under my neck and pulled me closer to him. "So where are we heading?" I asked looking up at him.

"New Orleans, I didn't want to take you there just yet, but there is some business I have to take care of." He answered kissing the bottom of my ear. I trembled a little at the touch of his lips.

"That's ok, I've never been there anyway so..." I said, a bit disapointed we had to go out of our way for a while.

"Not it's not, but soon enough i'll take you back to Europe. And we'll visit all of the great places I was planning to take you to." He says sitting up. Then Before I could react he was on top of me. I giggled.

"Klaus." I said laughing out his name as he began kissing my neck. "Klaus." I said again trying to sound serious.

He growled playfully before lifting his head and sighing looking into my eyes.

"Yes, love?" He asks, his breath a bit harsh.

"Who was following us?" I asked him curious. He sighed deeply and laid down beside me again.

"Some witch." He says casually. I let out a deep sigh.

"Ugh, just tell me who." I said siting up, "I mean, it's obvious you were freaking out about it." He just stared at me with tired eyes. After a moment of hesitation he began to explain,

"It was a witch, a friend of mine decided to send. I'm going to New Orleans to deal with them." I was surprised to see he wasn't faking what he said, I laid back down and he turned so his nose would brush right above my collar bone. "Now, can we go to sleep, love?" He asked closing his eyes.

I felt every nerve of my body light up when I felt his breathing down my neck. I turned towards him making his head fall a bit to the side. I could tell he was tired, I wouldn't be surprised if he was asleep.

I gently grabbed his head in my hands and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I saw he wasn't asleep when a smirk began to form.

"Good night Klaus." I said turning around, so I would face opposite from him.

"Good night, love." I heard him whisper in my ear while he wrapped his arms around my waist.

A smile was just bursting to blow on my face, and I let it. Letting myself, once again, fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! So glad they are cool now! But can someone tell me how to put a video on as media? Anyway 'A thousand years by Christina Perri is a good song for the beach scene in Caroline's dream. Next update will be in about two to three days, bare with me please.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.2K 21
"It was supposed to be a one-time thing, a mistake. But, when you're a vampire, life is blood and blood binds." Red flags! Rate M. Delicious M. Kla...
9.4K 338 11
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This is not set in the TVD seasons. So, Caroline has been a vampire for a year, s...
533K 15.9K 30
It's been six months since Caroline graduated high school and she is still stuck in Mystic Falls, fighting Silas and trying to find Stefan. When the...
145 7 9
Starts at TVD 6x19 and then goes into TO 2x17 and beyond, then goes into TVD 6x20 - S6 Finale and back to pre-TO S3. I Bow To No One Series - Book 1...