Road To Redemptionā™„ (Avengers...

By OMGitsJustine

S.H.I.E.L.D. has finally done what they never thought possible, what Fury never thought possible. Katherine... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

Chapter 8

1.6K 54 3
By OMGitsJustine

The sun was shining in through the curtains that were in their new room, and the warm feeling on her face from the sun is what made Katherine flutter her eyes open. Who knows how long they've been asleep for. Katherine hadn't been sleeping much lately, always having these nightmares whenever she closed her eyes so she jumped at the chance to finally be able to close her eyes. 

She looked up at Clint's face; he was still asleep and Katherine couldn't help but smile to herself at the love of her life. They were wrapped in each other's arms and it was like everything was picture perfect moment. 

until Clint's phone started ringing. 

Katherine and Clint both groaned before he turned over to answer his phone. She could hear the sounds of Fury asking for their location and requesting them to return to the base right away. The conversation seemed to be going on and on, and all Katherine wanted was time alone with Clint again before their returned to reality. 

That's when Katherine got an idea. 

She curled up to Clint's side, him wrapping an arm around her, as she started slowly placing kisses on his neck. Clint kept on trying to keep his focus on the phone call, much to Katherine's dismay. 

"just hang up..." Katherine giggled as she kept on kissing Clint's neck. He rolled his eyes slightly before doing exactly what she said and tossing the phone somewhere in the room. They kissed passionately while breaking in their new home.

Home.

That was a strange word to Katherine considering she never really had one to begin with. Home, to Katherine at least, is not a place where you rest your head every night, it's not a building or structure. It's a feeling, it's a person. Clint was her home now. Home was the feeling she felt whenever she looked at Clint or thought of him. It was the feeling she felt when she looked into his eyes.

Clint felt like coming home.

She had no idea of what the future held for her and her unborn child. Would it be light or dark? She couldn't really tell at this point but frankly laying there in Clint's arms were the only thing that mattered to her. She refused to get up out of bed and leave this place, partially because she enjoyed the moments they had together were they could act like normal people instead of people who risks their lives defending the earth as well as being an Avenger..

and also partially because she was terrified that this moment, might be their last happy one before everything goes up in flames like it's supposed to. She had no idea what was going to happen and she wasn't sure if she would even make it out alive. There was no telling what the future held but the one thing that was certain was...

she would do anything to keep Clint safe. She would do anything to keep any of them safe because they were her family now. And she would do anything to keep any of them safe..

no matter the costs.

"It's time to finally get up." Clint sighed while Katherine turned around in bed, placing the pillow over her face. "Come on Kat, we can't stay here forever.."

Katherine sighed as she removed the pillow from her face and just looked up at Clint. "What if we could...?" Katherine looked at him with a serious face.

He laughed slightly before stopping once he noticed that Katherine wasn't kidding. "Kat, you know we can't do that. They're expecting us back at the base.."

"I know, I know. But..what if we just stayed here? What if we just didn't go back? I mean, we could stay here and live our lives like normal people? We could stay here and raise our family..." Katherine looked at Clint desperately trying to see if he was going to say yes.

"Katherine..." Clint gave Katherine a weak smile, grabbing her hands and soothing them. Just by the look on his face, Katherine already knew his answer. "I want that as much as the next S.H.I.E.L.D. agent but we can't just walk away."

"Sure we can." Katherine pleaded. "We can just stay here and raise our family, we can keep our child safe here..where no one can harm him or her.."

Clint just looked at Katherine like she was crazy. This was coming completely from left field. It was like this was a completely different Katherine.

"I love you, and there's nothing I would want more than to have a normal simple life with you but we can't just walk away.." Clint looked at Katherine, taking her face in his hands. "We made a promise to help protect others, we're Avengers and as much as we hope. we cant just walk away like nothing.."

"Oh.." Katherine said sadly as she felt like her whole world was being ripped apart. Clint already knew what she was thinking; she was thinking that he was choosing S.H.I.E.L.D. over her, which wasn't the case.

"Katherine, I love you and nothing's going to change that. I want to take a step back from the field to raise a family with you but running away is not the answer.." Clint brushed a piece of hair behind her ear, placing a kiss on her forehead.

Katherine sighed. "I know it was dumb to ask...just thought I'd ask anyways.." She looked down at her lap, messing with her fingers. "I-I.." Katherine started stuttering, trying to tell Clint the truth. "I-I...I just can't wait to start on that simple life with you..." Katherine smiled sweetly at Clint as she leaned over and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Me too.." Clint smiled. "Don't worry, when the time comes..We'll come back here. But we'll have an addition to our team." Clint smiled as he leaned down towards Katherine's stomach. It was still flat and barley a bump was forming. You could hardly tell. He smiled at her stomach before looking back up at her.

"Come on, let's get back to base." Katherine said, finally getting out of bed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 303 13
"Dad come on he is hot you can't deny it," I tell dad. "You are calling a maniac who killed like 12 people in two days hot," dad asks me shocked. "He...
109K 2.8K 11
Black Angel is the newest member to The Avengers Initiative. With powers un-introduced to her team and even herself. Angel doesn't know where she is...
217K 5.5K 26
ā I spent my whole life, dedicated myself to get revenge for my family. And I will take out anyone who gets in my way, that includes you pretty boy.āž...
27.2K 1.2K 86
Ana Barton, was the most purest souls Thor had ever encountered. She was strong willed, smart, brave and compassionate. Though he had only known her...