Assisting Miss Adams (GirlXGi...

By LBrooks23

~TeacherXStudent/ GirlXGirl~ Sam never had an easy life, and as she battles with the memories of her dysfunct... More

Chp. 1
Chp. 2
Chp. 3
Chp. 4
Chp. 5
Chp. 6
Chp. 7
Chp. 8
Chp. 9
Chp. 10
Chp. 11
Chp. 12
Chp. 13
Chp. 14
Chp. 15
Chp. 16
Chp. 17
Chp. 18
Chp. 19
Chp. 20
Chp. 21
Chp. 22
Chp. 23
Chp. 24
Chp. 25
Chp. 26
Chp. 27
Chp. 28
Chp. 29
Chp. 30
Chp. 31
Chp. 32
Chp. 33
Chp. 34
Chp. 35
Chp. 36
Chp. 37
Chp. 38
Chp. 39
Chp. 40
Chp. 41
Chp. 42
Chp. 43
Chp. 44
Chp. 45
Chp. 46
Chp. 47
Chp. 48
Chp. 49
Chp. 50
Chp. 51
Chp. 52
Chp. 53
Chp. 54
Chp. 55
Chp. 56
Chp. 57
Chp. 58
Chp. 59
Chp. 60
Chp. 61
Chp. 62
Chp. 63
Chp. 64
Chp. 65
Chp. 66
Chp. 67
Chp. 68
Chp. 69
Chp. 70
Chp. 71
Chp. 72
Chp. 73 *BONUS CHAPTER*

The Wedding - *BONUS*

207K 5K 7.7K
By LBrooks23

**A/N**

Before we get started, just wanted to thank all of the readers who took their time to stop by in my inbox and let me know how much they love AMA. It truly means a lot to me to hear that. The dedication it takes to write a successful story is hard enough, but the encouragement you guys have me was phenomenal. So thank you loves <3

Also, since this is a wedding scene I figured setting the mood with one of my favorite instrumentals would be appropriate. I've had this song on loop since I started writing this to keep me inspired.

Here it is: "Begin Again" by the Piano Guys

Yes it's a Taylor Swift song but it's so good I promise. Anyways, enough stalling and onto the Segan Wedding!

~~~

As a teenager Sam had never really given a moment like this a second thought. If someone would've asked her about settling down she would've just laughed and made some immature joke with the intention of offending people who chose to marry. Not that she cared what other people did anyway, because that was their life, but she had always agreed that marriage just wasn't for her.

But time can change a person.

"God this is so bizarre," Blair chimed, pulling Sam out of her thoughts. "You look really good in white, though."

Sam felt a smile growing on her lips because a sudden boost of confidence is what she needed at the moment. Although Sam had maybe worn white once in her life other than today she knew Blair was right, she looked great.

Inhaling a deep breath she exhaled negative thoughts, thinking about how in just a few minutes she would be walking down the aisle. She had agreed to walk first, which she didn't mind because then she could enjoy watching Megan without any distractions. Just the thought of her fiancé made Sam's heart flutter.

Although Sam was excited, she could easily recall the last time she had been this nervous, which was just a little over a year ago.

"Let's just stay here. We don't have to go back."

Sam glanced over to Megan, the salty breeze whipping her dark curls over her shoulders as they walked down the shore line. Her hands were shaking and her heart was pounding, but the last thing she wanted to do was ruin the surprise. She had to act natural.

"You're right, forget responsibilities. Let's become beach bums. I'm sure Shawn and Casey wouldn't mind us crashing on their couch until we got back on our feet." She hoped her forced, natural tone buried the nerves she was trying so hard to hide.

The pleasure of Megan's laugh filled Sam's ears, her heart doing somersaults inside her chest. They were about five minutes from her destination and she was doing her best not to freak out. She wanted everything to be absolutely perfect but she had the luck of a two-leafed clover. If her plan failed she would be devastated, which would only happen if Shawn and Casey weren't there waiting or a seagull crapped on her head.

But if it went right all of the nerves and planning would be worth it.

Megan slips her hand into Sam's, feeling the comfort surround her like a blanket. This trip had been one of the best, and she was positive nothing could make it any more perfect. Although, she could sense something off about Sam but wasn't exactly sure what it was. In all actuality it was worrying her, but what exactly could be wrong? She was on vacation and everything back home was fine according to Blair and Tony... so what was on her mind?

Then a thought struck Megan, a thought that made her knees weak and her heart race.

Was Sam planning to propose?

Megan tried to think rationally, remembering the many conversations she had had with Sam over the subject. Sam wasn't that type of person, not that she disagreed with marriage as a whole but she had claimed it just wasn't for her. Megan was a traditionalist in the sense of love eventually leading to marriage, but Sam of course had different views. She claimed she didn't need a piece of paper to love someone forever, which Megan respected, but always kind of wished was different. So why was the thought of Sam proposing swarming around her mind?

Deciding to test the waters Megan broke the silence, "If we ever got married, who would take whose last name?"

In this moment Megan took notice to Sam's reaction, which seemed to be indifferent. She wanted something, some sign that maybe her intuition was right, but either she was delusional or Sam really didn't have anything special planned.

"I don't like the thought of taking your last name," Sam admitted.

A sense of pain struck Megan.

"Only because then my name would literally be Sam Adams, and I can't be named after a beer."

At this Megan's heart sighed in relief as she laughed, squeezing Sam's hand in response.

"But that's one main reason I don't like the whole marriage thing," Sam continued. "Like, why should someone give up part of their identity for someone else?"

Sam was stalling, attempting to steer Megan away from the idea that she was actually minutes away from proposing to her. If she wanted it to be a surprise she had to put her acting face on and convince Megan otherwise, at least till they made it to the end of the pier they were approaching.

On the other hand Megan had gotten the answer she needed, realizing that Sam still wasn't for making it official, at least in traditional terms. She tried not to seem disappointed but she was, wishing that her girlfriend's views on an important subject didn't affect her. She never wanted to change Sam, and she never wanted her to do something just because Megan wanted it, so she sucked it up and followed Sam up the wooden steps of the pier.

Sam could feel the tension between them but she knew it wouldn't be long until she made it better. She was preparing herself, rehearsing the things she wanted to say inside her head as her knees shook with anticipation. The ball of nerves in her stomach was growing, her free hand fingering the ring she had in the pocket of her jean shorts. She was terrified and excited all at the same time, and just a few seconds stood between her and asking Megan for forever.

That's when Sam spotted Shawn and Casey, off to the side of the pier and blending in with a few other people. Casey had her back turned to them while Shawn was pretending to take pictures of random passerby's.

Guiding Megan away from the few people on their pier that overlooked the Gulf she took a few deep breaths. The setting was perfect, not too many people, a nice breeze and the sun slowly beginning to set over the horizon of the ocean. All of this and all Sam could think was that Shawn better get all of it on camera or she would surely kill him.

Finally she was facing Megan, taking in the look on her face and hoping that the next few seconds would turn all of this around.

Sam asked, "Did I upset you?"

Megan tried her best to hide her pain, "It's fine. I shouldn't expect you to change your mind on certain things. If you don't want that I need to respect it."

Hearing this made Sam regret her choice of words, but in all honesty they weren't really the truth. Yes, she had been against marriage, but that was before she had met Megan. That was before she understood what it was to genuinely love someone more than anything in the world. Ever since then the definition of marriage had changed for her.

Maybe it was finally time to let Megan know that.

"You know," Sam grabbed both of Megan's hands, trying to keep her own from shaking, "A piece of paper doesn't do anything we have justice."

This didn't comfort Megan, but she nodded anyway, "I know."

"But then again, humans change their minds all the time," Sam confessed, realizing it was now or never if she wanted to do this.

Megan was silent.

"The thought of settling with just one person had always scared me, and maybe that's why I had been so against it for so long. Maybe it was my parents and the way they always fought that turned me off to the idea of staying with someone forever. Or maybe I was just too insecure in myself to ever think I would be enough for somebody..." Sam trailed off, watching Megan's expression the entire time.

"But Megan, you have proved all of my fears wrong and have redefined what marriage is, at least to me. So when I get down on one knee remember I'm doing this for you, but I'm also doing it because I want to."

Megan watched Sam intently with wide eyes, her heart tensing at the sight of her reaching into her pocket and kneeling right there in front of her. At first it felt like a dream she had had so many nights before. She would wake up soon, glance over to Sam who was still fast asleep and wish it wasn't just her imagination. She would dream about it the next night, and the next after that.

But when she felt Sam take her left hand in her own she quickly came to terms with reality.

She felt her throat tighten as she spoke, "Sam, I swear you better not be joking right now..."

"I'm trying to propose," Sam smiled up at her.

Megan's trembling right hand rose to her lips, her eyes locked on the pair of blue pools that never failed to capture her. She took notice to how Sam looked scared, but also saw the joy radiating from her irises. Her blonde waves were messy but right now Megan was captivated, and Sam hadn't even started talking yet.

"Okay, so Megan, even though I'm probably kneeling in gum I'm positive I've never been happier than I am right now here with you. We've been together for almost seven years and it's taken me to places I've never imagined existed, which is scary but amazing at the same time. Waking up to you every morning makes life worthwhile, and it reminds me that every hardship has its reward. Plus you're literally the only one who puts up with me."

A knot the size of a softball was choking Megan and silent tears were already forming in her eyes. She couldn't believe the things coming out of Sam's mouth. She was never the romantic type, but hearing all of this right now was overwhelming. The sincerity and love in her tone let Megan know this wasn't rehearsed but was authentic and from the heart.

"With that said, I'm going to ask you the very loaded question I've been dying to ask you for months now..."

Thoughts of forever swarmed both of their excited minds, tears quietly falling down Megan's cheek. This was the girl she had fallen in love with unconditionally. Sam was the one Megan saw herself with forever. She didn't have to try and think about it because it was so natural now. She couldn't imagine waking up a morning without her by her side.

"Megan Adams, will you grant me the biggest pleasure by marrying me?"

As if time itself stopped Megan nodded her head, whispering a pathetic 'yes' when all she really wanted was to scream it to the world. Emotions flooded through both of them as Sam's trembling fingers slid the most beautiful ring Megan had ever seen onto her fourth finger.

Sam stood, feeling extremely pleased with herself as Megan pulled her in for a well-deserved kiss. The embrace was filled with warmth and love and everything Sam never wanted to lose. Proposing to Megan had taken time, at least for her, but in this moment she knew this would be one of the best decisions she would make within her lifetime.

Neither Megan nor Sam had even had the capability to pay attention to the other people who were watching, smiling and sharing this moment with them. They were too lost in their own worlds to notice. Only the sound of clapping could pull them out of their dream-like state.

"I'm a proud brother right now," Shawn intruded, shutting off the camera as Casey beamed with excitement next to him.

Megan looked surprised to see them, but when she caught sight of the camera in his hands she knew exactly what Sam had done.

Sam took Megan's newly-ringed hand in her own and squeezed, running her thumb over as she smiled like a complete idiot. She didn't care. Sam was convinced she had never been this happy, and she embraced the aching in her cheeks and the swell of tears in her eyes. Out of everything she loved most about this moment she loved the sight of Megan. The happiness and pure joy she had seen in those amazing eyes. Sam had done that, no one else.

"How does it feel?" Casey asked, hugging Shawn to her side as she watched the two recently engaged women in front of her. She loved the sight of them together.

Megan was still shaking, her heart still pounding in her chest as she leaned into Sam. There were absolutely no words to describe how happy she was right now, but she had a feeling everyone knew that already.

"Like Sam should probably go into acting," Megan joked, "She completely caught me off guard."

"You almost had me," Sam admitted, leaning in and kissing Megan's cheek. She couldn't wrap her head around what she had just done, like reality hadn't quite set in. That didn't erase the joy she felt.

"I can't even express how happy I am," Megan confessed, taking a moment to appreciate all the hard work Sam had put into today. Knowing she had gone the distance and put in all this planning made her heart swell, and one of her biggest dreams had come true.

"Now you get to look forward to the wedding," Shawn smirked over at Sam who was watching Megan intently.

Casey smiled, "And the wedding planning, that's always the best."

Megan looked over at Sam, smiling as she teased, "Doesn't that excite you?"

Honestly, Sam didn't care about anything but this moment right here and right now, but she would leave all of that to Megan.

"Planning for forever... exciting."

The vivid memory was interrupted when Sam heard Blair talking her out of her daydream.

"So on a scale of one to the day you proposed, how nervous are you?"

Taking another deep breath she answered, "A solid ninety-three."

"Damn, do you need a drink or...?"

"Shut-up," Sam ordered, laughing as Blair did last minute preparations. She could deny the fact that she was nervous. This was forever they were talking about. Megan could change her mind, or someone in the audience could object, or Sam could trip walking down the aisle. There were so many things that could ruin today for her, as if she wasn't already freaking out enough.

"Megan's going to faint when she sees you," Blair admitted, fixing Sam's curls that draped over her thin shoulders. She had never been more proud of her best-friend, and even though the nerves were noticeable in Sam's eyes Blair could also see joy and excitement and all kinds of other things. Sam was ready for this day, and that was something that completely shocked both of them.

"I have to make it down the aisle first," Sam confessed, continuing to pace around the back room.

That's when Sam and Blair heard a knock on the door, Casey popping her head into the room. She was in the same attire as Blair considering they were both walking in the wedding, and she seemed to be even more anxious than Sam. Apparently Ben, her son, was being a handful.

"Are you ready?"

The loaded question caused Sam's knees to tremble, but even when she was in fact seriously nervous, she still wanted this more than anything.

Nodding, she answered, "Let's do it."

Blair and Casey exchanged wide smiles.

Walking out into the lobby of the hall they had booked Sam's eyes instinctively searched for Megan, but then she remembered they had agreed to stay separate until Megan walked out. Sam would have to wait to see her.

She heard the music begin, signaling the start of the ceremony. Her hands trembled by her sides as the grooms-men and brides-maids lined up. Before she had time to overthink anything her mom and dad were next to her.

"Sweetie you look absolutely stunning," her mom stated, Sam spotting tears forming on her waterline.

Over the years her parents had come a long way in accepting her and Megan into their lives. Sam was proud to call them her parents, but now wasn't the time to reminisce because then she would for sure start crying.

"Thank you mom," Sam smiled, leaning in and kissing her cheek.

Then Megan's mom joined them, the expression of joy written all over her face. The moms would walk first, then the grooms-men and brides-maids, and of course Camilla was the flower girl and Ben the ring-bearer so they would be right before Sam. Everything seemed to be orderly and going as planned, she just hoped it stayed that way till the very end.

Sam couldn't control her shakes, but it wasn't until her dad hooked his arm with hers that she finally felt a sense of control. He was warm and safe, unlike the father she had known years ago. Both of her parents had grown into great people, and Sam allowed herself to be comforted by the embrace.

"I'm never going to be able to tell you just how proud of a father I am," her dad confessed.

Leaning into him Sam blushed, a sense of joy bubbling in her stomach. Although she wanted to respond her nerves were sealing her mouth off. Right now she was just trying not to freak out.

"You have nothing to be nervous about," her dad continued, "I see the way Megan looks at you."

At this a sense of relief settled in her heart. Sam looked up, "People can change their minds."

"She won't," he stated, "That woman talks about you like you hung the moon and stars. You know for Christmas she talked your mom's ear off about you, and then of course your mother had to tell me every detail of it. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind about you two."

Sam would like to believe she didn't have a trace of doubt but she did. She always had doubt. Not in Megan, or her parents or whatever... but rather in herself. She had always doubted her decisions because most of the time they were wrong. She had screwed up so many times in her life, and that had permanently caused her to believe she should doubt everything she did.

And of course she knew Megan was in love with her, it was plain to see. Megan was all in or nothing at all, she had been that way since her and Sam met when she was nineteen. She still believed Megan deserved everything and more, which was why she still never quite understood why she wanted Sam. She could have anyone, but you could bet your life that Sam was going to do everything in her ability to keep her around.

"I'm proud to give my daughter to her," Sam heard her father say.

"Oh God don't say it like that..." Sam complained.

"You're right," he laughed, "This isn't nineteen-fifty. Okay, I'm blessed to know that you'll be happy spending forever with Megan. Is that better?"

"Much," Sam smiled, preparing herself to walk down the aisle.

Only minutes stood between her walking and finally seeing Megan. Her heart felt like it was going to rupture at any moment just thinking about it. She couldn't wait much longer or else she would go insane. Megan was usually the one to calm Sam down, so going all day with her nerves and without Megan had really been tough.

"Ready?" Her dad asked, pulling Sam out of her thoughts. Suddenly every nerve in Sam's body decided to tremble all at once, causing her voice to shake.

"Y-Yes."

"I'm right here," her dad comforted, knowing exactly what his daughter was feeling right now. "Just take a deep breath and hold onto me."

Sam did as she was told, focusing on walking in these God-forsaken heels that Blair had insisted on because they were so adorable. They were cute but walking in front of a bunch of people with them on was a disaster waiting to happen. Oh God what if she fell? She shouldn't be thinking this, not right now. She needed to focus on walking down the fairly short aisle besides her dad. If she made it to the end everything would be fine.

She heard the Officiant announce, "All rise," as her and her father stepped into view. Her grip on her father's arm tightened as she performed a deep breath, exhaling heavily while pausing at the front.

She tried not to scan the crowd, afraid that she would freak herself out even more before she even started walking. Instead she caught sight of Blair who was standing at the front with the dumbest smile on her face while holding onto Camilla. Of course this made Sam grin in response.

Without thinking about it her feet carried her down the aisle, her eyes never leaving Blair's as her father never let up once. She was grateful because he was basically keeping her upright. These shoes sucked, and after the ceremony she was throwing them into the dumpster.

Finally they made it to the end of the aisle, her father leaning into Sam to deliver a quick kiss on the cheek before joining her mother who was sitting on the very front pew. This was it, she thought as Blair gave her a wink before she turned towards the opening of the venue.

The hardest part was over, and now she was able to enjoy the most anticipated part of the ceremony. At least to her.

Sam could feel her heart beating rapidly, her throat was tight with nerves and her hands were clammy. There was nothing she wanted more than to finally see Megan. The blood rushed through her veins at the realization.

Then a random thought crossed Sam's mind while waiting for Megan to appear, and it caused her anxiety to sky rocket. What if Megan had bailed? What if ¬she wasn't ready? Deciding last minute that maybe this wasn't the best idea? No, she wouldn't do that to Sam. This was all she had talked about for the past few years.

Doubt was beginning to take over Sam's mind, but as soon as Megan stepped in front of the opening all of her fears seemed to evaporate into thin air.

Suddenly Sam stopped breathing for a minute, giving herself a moment to take in her fiancé that was standing down the aisle. Everything seemed to go quiet as the crowd faded away. In some distant part of Sam's mind she was convinced it was just her and Megan in this venue, as if an alternate reality seemed to have settled over her.

That's when their eyes met, finally after hours and hours of being apart they were together again. Between the two the amount of happiness radiated like heat from the sun. Everyone felt it, and when Megan started walking Sam had to contain the emotions she had so seldom felt in her lifetime.

Those vivid blue eyes Sam loved so much never left hers, as if she was Megan's ultimate goal and she wouldn't stop until she made it.

It wasn't until Megan was standing in front of Sam that the world seized to turn. Time had stopped for the both of them, and every nerve and doubt either of them had was gone. This was all that mattered. This was everything both of them wanted, and they were seconds away from having it.

Sam couldn't help herself, "You're beautiful..."

It was barely a whisper, just enough for Megan to hear as Sam seemed to actually be out of breath. Megan had never seen Sam smile so hard in her life, and it only validated the fact that they had made the right decision. This was exactly where they were supposed to be, right here in this venue with each other.

And so the ceremony began, the Officiant introducing the two brides and reading her queues. From the audience perspective Sam and Megan seemed to remain in their own world, as if the outside no longer mattered to them. After all the years of being together, the years of struggles while Megan went back to school and Sam pushing to open another Jinx it had all led up to this. The fights, the laughs, and the tears had never felt so worth it to either of them, but now they understood that they could make this work.

Being together was almost inevitable for them. Ever since they had met it had been that way, like two opposite magnets. The universe had funny ways of pushing you into situations and leading you to the right person at just the right time, even when it didn't feel that way in the moment. This wedding was supposed to happen.

"And now Megan will read the vows she wrote for Sam," The Officiant announced.

Megan was handed the vows she had written and glanced down, realizing she could recite this from memory. She had reread them about a million and one times, the perfectionist in her was demanding like that. Taking a deep breath she looked into Sam's soft eyes that were waiting patiently.

"I wish I could tell you the exact moment I fell in love with you, but for some reason I can't. If anything, I fell in love with you multiple times over the years. Like the moment you chased me down in the airport, or just a random morning when I woke up with you lying next to me. It happened one day while we were having coffee, talking about insignificant things... and when you confessed that you couldn't see yourself with anyone else."

Megan paused, realizing she wasn't even really reading off of her paper but rather adding and improvising from her heart. Her voice was trembling with emotions, but looking at Sam helped.

"There were moments with you that I thought to myself I couldn't be more in love with you than I am now. Yet, standing here I'm proving myself wrong again, time after time, because right now I'm falling in love with you even more than I thought possible.

"What we have was never easy, but I believe that's the beauty in what we share. I believe that soulmates exist, and some of us simply meet them and never recover. Then just a select few actually get to marry theirs, and I believe I'm one of those lucky few."

The knot in Sam's throat seemed to cause tears to form on her water line, her heart screaming from the amount of emotions she was being forced to battle. Everything Megan was saying was from the heart, and Sam wasn't sure if she could top everything her fiancé was admitting to her.

"I look forward to spending forever with you, and I look forward to experiencing everything this world has to offer us. But the one thing I look forward to the most is falling in love with you over and over again, every day for the rest of our lives."

Emotions were high between the two women, and Sam quickly wiped a tear away from falling as Megan smiled and did the same. This wedding wasn't just a wedding to them, it was a lot more. Like a reward of some sort, after everything they had gone through to be together it was all finally paying off.

The Officiant interrupted once again, "And now Sam will read her vows."

Sam was handed her paper as she continued to stare at Megan, "How am I supposed to follow that?"

Megan just gave Sam an encouraging wink.

"Okay," Sam started, "Sometimes, when people meet for the first time, before they even know each other they have an intuition. They grow this immediate sense of comfort, and love begins to blossom. Their hearts know that they're going to spend forever side by side before their brain has even comprehended what's happened...

That's not what our relationship was like, at all."

This caused the venue to grow with laughter, Sam watching Megan's face light up at her comment. It gave her the push she needed to continue.

"Sometimes we have to be destroyed to rebuild ourselves into who we're supposed to be. You were the one that taught me that. You challenged me, you pushed me to open my mind, and you showed me what love was supposed to feel like. And some people say your partner shouldn't try to change you, but you didn't even have to try. Simply meeting you had altered my life in ways I will never be able to understand. I changed because of you, not for you, and I believe that is the most important thing that's happened to me."

By this time Sam wasn't even reading off of her paper, too captivated by Megan's gaze to break away. Megan meant everything to Sam, which was scary but true. The years had showed her it was okay to become vulnerable to someone, to give everything you had to a person and trust they wouldn't throw it away. Megan held every inch of Sam and never once let her down. It was truly amazing, and the least Sam could do was recognize that and give Megan everything she wanted out of life. Starting with this wedding.

"So with that said, I promise to never try and change you. I promise to love your stubbornness, and to cherish the little disagreements and compromises. I promise to stay up late with you when you're stressing over work, and to make your coffee in the morning just the way you like it. I promise to stand with you, not above or below, and to support you in whichever direction you want to go, just like you've done for me for so many years.

And I promise to love you for exactly who you are, unconditionally, forever."

The venue was silent, as if the audience was in a movie theater and they were completely captured by what was going on. No one moved, no one spoke, and everyone was completely blown away by Megan and Sam.

"Do you Megan, take Sam to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Sam's eyes never left Megan's, too nervous and captivated to care about anything else. She watched her fiancé's lips mouth, "I do."

"And do you Sam, take Megan to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Sam saw her and Megan buying a house, she saw herself coming home to Megan every night and giving her a kiss while throwing her things down. She heard Megan calling from the bedroom while changing out of her work clothes while Sam cooked in the kitchen. She felt the warmth of Megan wrapping those arms around her waist and pulling her close after joining her in front of the stove. She saw Christmas' and birthdays, vacations and maybe one day down the road a little one with the same blue eyes Sam loved so much. How could she not say I do?

Sam smiled, "I do."

"May we please have the rings?"

Ben, Shawn and Casey's son, stepped up with a little nudge from his father, presenting the two rings to the Officiant.

The first ring was given to Megan, the Officiant giving Megan the proper words to say before she was able to slide the ring onto Sam's finger. It felt so surreal to the both of them, Megan's hand holding Sam's just a little longer than normal. She couldn't believe this was actually happening.

Then Sam was presented with her ring for Megan, those blue eyes staring down at it while she took a deep breath. Looking up into Megan's eyes she repeated the Officiant's words, preparing to slide her ring onto Megan's hand.

Sam took Megan's hand into hers, feeling the softness of her palm while she began sliding on the ring. Megan's hand continued to shake in excitement, pure joy wrapping around the both of them as Sam squeezed the hand she was holding for reassurance. This was it.

"And with that, you two may seal the ceremony with a kiss."

It was the part they had both been waiting for, and Sam didn't hesitate to move in and cup Megan's face gently. The lips she was met with felt so familiar but so brand new at the same time, and she could feel her wife's smile against her lips. Her wife. Megan was her wife, and she was Megan's. She decided it had a good ring to it.

Clapping erupted throughout the hall as the two women held each other just a little longer, prolonging the moment as much as possible. There was nothing more important to Megan than opening her eyes from their kiss and seeing Sam smiling so hard her cheeks flushed red. Sam wanted this just as much as she did, if not more, and that meant the world to her.

"I love you," Megan admitted, thankful that the wedding had gone amazing but glad it was over. She just wanted to relax with Sam now.

"You better," Sam teased, "Cause you're stuck with me now."

Blair interrupted the two and smiled, "Okay you two, you'll have time to be alone later. But now it's time to party."

"Party," Sam smirked, "Right."

~ ~ ~ ~

Wedding receptions were always the best part of the wedding, at least to Sam, but when it was your reception, well it was a bit different. She was feeling good with the help of liquid courage, but she was controlling herself. She was having fun, but there was still a long night ahead of her that she wanted to remember for the rest of her life.

"You know," Megan chimed in, "I actually like seeing you in white. It's kind of hot..."

Sam flushed as she glanced over to her wife, "Damn right..."

Megan laughed as she leaned in, kissing Sam softly on the cheek. She couldn't keep her hands off of Sam, which was all the time, but tonight she was allowed to be touchy. She had never felt so good in her life, and she could finally call Sam hers without feel guilty. Not that she owned Sam or anything, but it was official and just that gave Megan a sense of happiness she couldn't have found anywhere else.

"It's about time for our first dance," Megan informed, Sam feeling a sense of nervousness in her stomach.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Sam tried to play it cool but Megan wasn't fooled. She knew her wife was nervous, but it wasn't serious, and they would surely have fun.

That's when the DJ announced their song choice, calling them up as everyone's attention turned to the two women sitting together. The lights dimmed and the mood was set, Sam deciding she would take the lead and make sure Megan didn't believe she was actually super nervous.

Pulling Megan onto the floor she held her close, arms wrapping around her slim hips as Megan's arms draped over Sam's shoulders. The crowd seemed to disappear once again as the mellow beat moved through the room, Sam focusing solely on the woman in front of her. She had never been the one for slow dancing, but she would slow dance with Megan anytime.

"You know," Sam teased, "Forever's a long time. Especially with someone like me."

Megan just shook her head, "I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else."

Megan knew Sam had always been insecure in herself, but Megan didn't mind reassuring her, even on their wedding day. Sam knew Megan loved her, and she knew Megan would never leave. If there had been any doubt in Megan's mind today wouldn't have happened, but it did, and for a damn good reason. She was in love with Sam, and she had been for a long time now. She believed they both deserved happiness, and that was side by side with each other.

Across the floor Shawn and Blair stood together observing, wondering why they had had to wait seven years to see this moment happen. Not that they were complaining, but everyone knew Sam and Megan would spend forever together.

"I'm still kind of in shock," Blair admitted.

"Same," Shawn answered, "But I've never seen Sam so happy. I mean if you think about it, she's almost a completely different person because of Megan."

Blair laughed to herself, "Just think, you're kind of responsible for this entire relationship."

"You're right," Shawn smiled to himself, feeling Ben tugging at his sleeves. Picking him up Shawn held his son close, rocking him slightly to the beat of the music.

Back where Sam and Megan were there had never been as much happiness between the two as there was now. Everything about being with Megan was natural, Sam didn't even have to really think about it. Why had she waited so long to give in to her? This was all she really ever wanted. Someone that loved her unconditionally without trying to change her. That's exactly what Megan was.

"I'm sorry for waiting so long to do this," Sam confessed.

Megan squeezed Sam's shoulders, shaking her head, "Stop. Don't apologize. I couldn't have picked a better time to get married to you."

Sam still felt bad. She was twenty-eight, Megan thirty-three now. How could she not feel bad for making her wait?

Megan noticed Sam's sadness, tangling her hand into that beautiful blonde hair to grab her attention. She continued, "Sam, the only way I ever wanted to marry you was when we were both ready. You weren't ready when I was, and that's okay. There was no rush, and I honestly cannot think of a time where I was this happy."

Sam didn't know why, but Megan's words seemed to reassure her that everything was going to be okay. Megan was right, about everything, like she usually was. What the hell was she freaking out for? If Megan was happy Sam shouldn't be worried.

"I'm sorry, guess it's just post-wedding anxiety."

Megan smiled, "It's okay, now kiss me."

Sam didn't hesitate, pulling Megan's hips into hers as Megan held Sam's face in her hands. This kiss sealed off everything. The hard work, the wedding, the dance, the reception... it signified forever, and forever started now.

Sam's breath hitched in her throat, her eyes fluttering open for just a split second before Megan's. The sight was beautiful. Everything about his moment was beautiful, and Sam realized that she would never let Megan go. This was her soulmate, she believed that deep in her heart. Megan was more than just her wife, she had always been more to Sam. Repaying Megan would be impossible, but the greatest thing about her was that she didn't expect it. All Megan wanted was Sam's love, and Sam would have absolutely no problem giving that to her.

Sam whispered, "I've never felt lucky in my life, but right now I feel like the luckiest person on this planet."

Megan blushed, leaning into Sam, "You're so cheesy, I love it."

"I'm trying to be romantic," Sam frowned, laughing along with Megan.

"I know," Megan beamed, "You should do it more often. It suits you."

Sam kissed her forehead, "Don't count on it."

Laughing, Megan pulled Sam off of the dance floor as people clapped, and they joined Shawn and Blair on the side. The successful wedding signified that everything would be fine, at least to the two women who were beaming with happiness.

"So how long's the honeymoon?"

Sam faced Blair, hugging Megan tighter to her side, "A week. Megan's got a class to teach when she gets back."

"But getting away before will be good," Megan confessed.

"Okay well you have to let me know when you two make it safe, and take lots of pictures..." Blair ranted, realizing her mom instincts were coming out.

"Lots of pictures, got it," Sam winked, feeling a wholeness in her heart that had never been there before.

Forever with Megan didn't sound scary, it sounded inviting, and it all started tonight. Tomorrow they would leave on their flight, touchdown in the afternoon and get an entire week to themselves. Sam could address Megan as her wife, which would take some getting used to, but she liked it. She loved how everything had finally worked out for her, and how her future with Megan seemed wide open.

There was so much to look forward to, and realizing that put her in a better place.

There was no more doubt, or fear, or any negative thoughts lingering in Sam's mind. For so long she had been preoccupied with anxiety, but what for? This is was happiness felt like, and this was relief, like a thousand-pound weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

All she had to do was let the universe take the wheel while she enjoyed the ride, like she always did, but now it would be right alongside Megan, and that was everything Sam would ever want.

***A/N***

So after working on this for what felt like FOREVER, I finally felt good enough to post it. I hope it was everything you all anticipated and more, and hopefully I didn't ruin Segan for you guys. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I began writing this chapter. :'(

Anyways, let me know how you felt about it. Obviously I chose to write in third person rather than first like I'm used to, tell me how you liked that as well. Was it good? Could it have been better? Lemme know!

Love and miss you guys <3

- Lauryn

P.S.

I AM working on a new story, so stick around. It may take me a while to put it up but just know there is another story brewing. Just like always. School just sucks right now. I haven't forgotten about you guys <3 I promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 4 26
18-year-old Ada had a tough life. Always lying about who she really is, always hiding behind a mask, until she couldn't do it anymore. But telling he...
102K 2.5K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
1.4M 52.7K 52
Spencer Reed is a kind and hard-working high school senior, who's just waiting for the last day of her last year to graduate and study something she'...
436 25 14
Megan had always been passionate about art, ever since she was a little girl. When she started college, she was excited to finally be able to take cl...