All For You (COMPLETED)

By Cee_Lov

"Love don't love nobody." After experiencing heartbreak in an abusive relationship at only eighteen, Stephani... More

Copyright Notice
Characters (Immediate)
Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Author's Note
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
NOTICE
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven (Part II)
Part II
Chapter 11 Follow-Up
1⃣2⃣
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
The Truth About All For You
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
PLEASE READ
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Are You There?
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
BOOK TWO
Update
For You I Will
Coming Soon
IT'S HERE
Private Chapters
BOOK 2
Keep Up

Chapter Twenty-Three

1.4K 68 1
By Cee_Lov

Bunni pictured above.
*Rich POV*

I sit there on the couch, holding her in my arms while she cried into my chest. She hadn't said one word yet, just tears. I feel her pain; I was once in her shoes.

"W-what do you mean she's dying Rich?"

I picked her up and positioned her to face me. She looked into my eyes searching for answers that I just couldn't give her. I've already said too much.

"Sweets, I really can't tell you that. You'll just have to let her tell you in person."

"What? No... That's not fair! How long have you two known this?" She sat up and waited for a response.

"She only told Stephon this morning, and he called me."

She grabbed her temples and pushed her hair back out of her face. Her tears were flowing freely down her face.

"How could she keep this from us?" She cried out.

I honestly didn't know the answer to that so I kept quiet and just held her.

"Whyyy? How could this happen? My mommy is the sweetest person in the world... Why should she have to die?"

"Same thing I said." I mumbled softly to her.

My mind went back to the day I received the news about my mother's car accident; I remember it like it was yesterday.

*
*

"Hey dad, is it okay if I meet Rhea and go to the park?"

I ask, standing at the doorway of his office. He looked busy doing paperwork but I was too bored out of my mind to care. Summer vacation had just started and I was more than ready to get into something.

"Sure Jr. Have yourself back here before the street lights come on. Dinner is at 8." He looked up from behind his glasses.

Dad was a quiet man, he never really spoke if it wasn't necessary. He's always been uniformed and levelheaded. Though he was soft spoken, he never let me forget that he was the man of the house.

"Thanks dad, see you later." I quickly turned on my feet and rushed upstairs to grab my basketball.

On the way out of the door dad called me again. Slightly annoyed I rush back into the house to his office.

"Yes sir?"

"Have you heard anything from your mom? She was supposed to be here at 4." He said looking down at his watch.

It was now 5:45 pm and I didn't have much time to be out, so I didn't have time to figure out where mom was.

"Not since she called around lunch time... Can I go now dad? Rhea's waiting." I say looking toward the door at her.

I didn't know too many other kids in the neighborhood, and the boys from the south side changed on me when we left the hood, so it just me and Rhea. Her twin sister Leah wasn't into sports so she never came to the park with us.

"What's up my boy?" She dapped me as soon as I opened the door.

"Rhea, you are such a tomboy."

"So, my man likes it." She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"Whatever come on, let's go win this match before it starts to get dark." I say rushing down the steps of my porch.

"Rich, you're almost sixteen years old and you still got a curfew?"

"What your mom don't care if you're out all night?" I say looking at her bounce the ball between her legs as we walk down the sidewalk.

"My mama don't even care if I'm alive, let alone being out." She rolled her eyes.

***
We were on our third game with the neighborhood bully and he already owed me $50.

"I'm about to school you punk."

I say running up to the three point line. He tried to block me but I pushed his head back and dunked on him.

"Hell naw, I want a rematch. You fouled me."

"Ain't no rematches, and there ain't no rules in street ball. Now pay up." I hold my hand out and he threw the money in my hand.

I was just about to take up his offer in round four when I saw my dad's car pull up. Rhea and I rushed over to his car to see what was up; he never comes to the park. I noticed he didn't have on his usual suit clothes, but sweatpants and a Tshirt with some Nike slides. His head was down on the steering wheel when I got to the window.

"Fuck!" He shouted and punched it, causing the horn to ring out.

"Dad... Is everything okay?" Slowly I ask him.

He lifted his head and he was crying. He wiped his eyes and looked at me.

"We have to go to the hospital son... There's been an accident." He said through tears.

I could tell he was trying his best to hold it together.

"Why what's wrong?" My heart started pounding in my chest, I didn't know what was going on, but it couldn't have been good.

He kept shaking his head and gripping the steering wheel.

"Your mother... She dead."
*
*

That was the worst day of my life, and now here I am again. I'm watching my baby fall apart right before my eyes over what could potentially be the same case. I can't ever catch a break.

"What am I supposed to do Rich?" She wiped her eyes and looked at me.

I stroked her hair while studying her face. She looked completely broken. I always knew Quanni as a daddy's girl, but then again there's nobody like your mama.

"Well, right now you can dry these tears up and go clean your face; we're almost in Chicago." I say, kissing away one single tear that was falling from her eyes.

She smiled faintly and held my hands.

"We can only pray now... And trust God for his will to be done. No matter what the outcome may be. Let's just enjoy this trip... Our first holiday together as a family. Me, you, Skye, Deuce, and Bunni. When your mother is ready, she'll talk to you. Just wait on it." I say with my head pressed against hers.

"Okay sweets?"

"Okay." She said softly.

She stood up from my lap and went to her duffle bag. She pulled out a whole different set of clothes and her shower items. Bunni started crying and Quanni came running out of the bathroom in her towel. She had her hair in a bun and a face mask on; she was cute.

"I got it sweets, go finish." I tell her while grabbing a bottle from Bunni's diaper bag to warm it.

She smiled and walked over to where I was .

"Thanks Rich. I love you Super Man." I laughed while she stood on her tiptoes to reach my lips, all to no avail.

"Don't be a jerk." She laughed and hit my chest.

I lowered my head to meet her kiss, then she made her way back to the bathroom.

"Come on Bunni, let's get you fed."

I smile picking her up. She kicked and smiled at me until I placed the bottle to her mouth. To my surprise she was pulling it from me and started holding it up on her own.

"Daddy was taking too long huh?" I laughed.

Pulling out my phone, I snapped a picture and shared it with Facebook. She was looking right at me in the picture, showing her beautiful gray eyes. She got that from my mama. Shortly after, Quanni was coming out of the bathroom looking refreshed and beautiful. She wore a white oversized knit sweater with fitted denim jeans, and brown boots that went all the way up to her knees. Her hair had fresh curls that fell into her face, accenting her honey colored eyes and little to no makeup. She was beautiful.

She picked up a sleeping Deuce and put him the chest carrier. She came over and secured herself in the seat to prepare for landing. Skye was still sleeping but I set her up and strapped her in before putting on my carrier for Bunni and doing the same.

***
"You ready?" I looked down at her with Deuce's car seat in one hand and Skye in the other.

We were outside on the porch of her parents' house and I could feel the tension in the air. I can only hope that Quanni doesn't break down when she sees Mama Lo'.

She nodded yes to me, without even looking. I watched as she took a deep breath and before my hand touched the door knob. I did one last once over of my family. Deuce was asleep, Rima was babbling, and Skye was grinning from ear to ear about seeing both sets of her grandparents. My poor sweets though, was worrying herself sick; if I had the power to... I would make all her fears go away. But since I can't, I'll just do my part and stand by her side to make this easier.

"Okay. Let's do this."

Vote.
Comment.
Share. 😘

CoCo_Lov

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

One Plus One By Lady C

General Fiction

350K 12.3K 68
Everything seems perfect when Ebony meets Chresanto - but is falling in love around secrets even possible? ...
2.1K 106 9
"There is nothing so tragic as thinking someone was so perfect for you, and yet they won't love you back. - Unrequited Love
18.6K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
4.1K 193 22
it's easy to fall in love but it's difficult to find someone who will catch you. "what the fuck is love with no pain or suffer?" © mybabbygray