Toddlers Until Teenagers

By bookwormorwhatever

"Jenna, " she started off. "Remember Alex? Your best friend?" She paused. Tingles fell through my body. Alex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 38

681 35 11
By bookwormorwhatever

I spin around fast, to find Ben's rough breath on mine, eyes amused, though. "W-What?" I stammer, dropping the duffel bag as my heart sinks, beating faster each second.

"You thought you could escape, didn't you?" He cackles menacingly. I shudder, feeling the doorknob stabbing into my back. "Haha. Escape. From me? Who's helping you on this, Jenna? Answer me."

Just then, I feel my phone vibrate in my duffel by my feet. Ben's eyes dart around. "What was that?"

"What was what?" I look up to him, shrugging my shoulders. "Please, Ben, you need to forgive-"

"Shut the hell up." He searches around, going over to bed and the bed side tables, as I quickly unzip my bag and put my phone on mute. Ben glances at me as I hide my phone behind my back. He proceeds on to the bathroom as I quickly check my phone.

Where are you?

Jenna?

What the hell?

I quickly reply.

Caught.

I place it into my duffel and quickly unzip as Ben stomps over to me. "You." He launches at me, tackling me backward as I fall to my knees.

"Ben!" I yell, as he shoves me harder against the door. My breath catches in my throat as my back throbs, as if the wind has flowed out of my lungs. He glares at me, as I breathe heavily, finally catching my breath as he stands above me.

I escape under his legs, out to the telephone. I grab it and I feel someone grabbing my legs hard. I scream, as I try to dial the hotel's number. The pulling continues, as I scream, my chin hitting the desk table really hard as I land on the wooden floor with a thud.

I feel dizzy and the last thing I see is his face.

***

"Jenna? Jenna, my darling." His voice rings through my ears, as I flutter my eyes open.

"What happened.. Where am I?" I ask, looking at the room as I sigh, keeping my distance. I remember. He took me to Paris, buying tickets for that night. He still doesn't know Ethan is working with me, but, I was way too tired in the train to talk to anyone. All I did was sleep. I couldn't think of anything else to do. I would've sobbed, I would've screamed and tried to escape but I didn't. I knew that if I tried, I would fail.

"You remember now, right?" He smiles. "Jenna, I can't believe today's the day! We're getting married, baby doll." I simply nod.

"The ceremony starts at 6. Then around 7, the after party begins. I invited some people, just for you, Jenna dear. I know you're going to be a wife soon and then a mother. We'll grow old together, darling, and I want this to be the best day of your life." He smiles and I shiver hard. I'm being forced to marry someone that ruined my life and I'm going to have kids with this guy and grow old with him and oh my god.

   "So. It's time for you to wake up. Parlour time, and it's also time to look at Paris." His eyes glimmer. His hands help me up.

"Yes, I suppose." I nod back to him and step off the bed, as everything falls and with a thump I land on the wooden floor. I look up at the bed. It's really high and has those lacy curtains. Ben grins.

"I have to get used to it, too." He admits, helping me up as well as I glance at my surroundings. A gorgeously lit room, with a huge TV on the wall and two armchairs as well as a coffee table and huge closet.

Something tells me it's not only a room. I exit the big room and find myself face to face with a huge kitchen, the lights off and sunlight streaming through the big panelled windows. There's a dining table and a TV nearby too, and I catch sight of another door, actually three other doors and what must be the front door.

"What.. What is this place?" I ask Ben, spinning around. The cozy place is just amazing, I have to say.

"Furnished apartment." He grins widely, and proudly. Talk about cocky. I nod, heading towards the bathroom in our room.

"Oh, and I've stalled up a bunch of 'cute' outfits for you in your side of the closet, so you can pick one out. And, after you shower I'll take you to the parlour to get ready." He explains, giving me a pink top and shorts.

I exit into the bathroom.

***

Paris is absolutely gorgeous. The subways are being made again, turning into air conditioned ones and having better paint and ads, so we used the lines that were already made. We reached a station, climbing up the stairs as I avoided my eyes from Ben and Ethan who were hovering behind me like I was going to run off into the narrow streets of Paris and escape somehow. Yeah, if only I knew my way around.

Couples and very less tourists surround the streets since this is the more homey place which took a long time to get to but we were in fact face to face with a big parlour. Over here, Gorgeous! Was the name to the salon.

"Guys, I think I can take it from here." I spin around, facing them. Ben shakes his head, stroking my hair.

"I've got nothing better to do, so, I'd rather wait for you. But then I do have some trusted friends, girls, who can take over. I'll be waiting in the parlour's waiting area with Ethan, but my friends can take over." He dials on his phone and soon enough, a car comes whooping around the corner of the street. Rock ish pop French music blasting through the speakers as I recognize some words because I take French.

A beautiful Parisian lady steps out, with killer boots, a creme dress, a floppy sunhat, gorgeous brown curls and another blonde beside her step out. "Hey, Ben!" They chorus, parking and sashaying over to me.

"She's gorgeous." The French accented Parisian says.

"Yes," the English accented one agrees, pulling on my arms. I bet he payed them to catch an eye on me at all times.

"Well, let's get started." They pull me into the parlour as the other two men follow and after some conversation with the receptionist, I'm lead to a big and spacious room with many parlour provides and a wall lined up with endless colours of nail polish.

The blonde returns with a smock on. "Hey, I'm Natalie. I work here and I'll be getting you glam up sexy today." She exclaims.

"She's right." The Parisian agrees and soon they're chatting intently as she grabs my arms and legs, waxing off the hair, as she also afterward gives me a facial.

"Now, honey. We all know that it's uncomfortable but I'm gonna say it fast and blunt cause that's how I work. Take off your clothes, cause we're getting you body waxed." She coos, as if mocking me and calling me a five year old.

"Nah, it's really fine. I can do it myself." I decline. The Parisian one snorts.

"Sophie, can you look at this little shy bum?" Natalie giggles. Her blue eyes glare into mine. "You're. Getting. A. Body. Wax. Ben. Said. So."

"Cause of course he doesn't want his wife hairy as hell, which I'm thinking you are." The other one snorts again.

"If there's a problem here, ladies, then I'll go ahead and tell Ben." The chair scrapes as I stand up, and the two girls quickly stand up too, panicked.

   "No, there is no problem." Natalie stammers. And so I get ready the way I want  to get ready.

  After waxing myself, I get into my white dress. Lacy, white, long, pretty angelic, but picked out by the devil. And I'm also marrying the devil. They highlight my face, curl my hair as they updo it too. Some curls fall upon my face.

   "Oh, gosh, we're getting late. Let's get the rest of your manicure and pedicure all up and done in the hall's bride room." Natalie checks her watch and bolts.

   They take me toward their car as Ben is following in his with Ethan. Never leave my side. Not so cheesy, more like freaky. But I guess all that kissing and giving Ben what he wanted went to the trash. Cause he doesn't trust me till this day.

   We drive and drive until we reach what looks like a forest area surrounded by trees. There's a big hall there, with also a ceremony area, as in outdoor, with a stage and everything and flowers decorating. There's outdoor tables and chairs, comfortable and luxurious looking.

   They take me inside, where i think the party will be. After many chandeliers and buffet tables, as well as other tables, we reach a little hallway with a door. The bride's room, it is.

   Going inside, there's a small window, two of them, actually, with sunlight pouring in. The room is slightly big, with a luxurious marble sink and another door to the bathroom, slightly ajar. There's a dresser and two armchairs, as well as supplies for the bride.

  They set me up on the chair like a doll as I sit very still, looking at my reflection. Tears don't come. I guess I've shed so many that there aren't any left. This is it. The end of my life. Usually, a bride would be so happy. If it were Alex, I would be dying of happiness, but it's too good to be true. If my parents where here and if my friends were here, maybe I would have some courage.

     Manicure and Pedicures later, I look fresh and unbelievably pretty, as the woman in the mirror looks light and angelic, with all the makeup on, waterproof mascara and her face highlighted and toned. Natalie looks at me, giving me my tall heels and my diamond jewelry set. "See, what magic I can do." Her English accent slurs as they both laugh.

   They sit farther away from me, informing me that the ceremony starts after half an hour or so. I listen to their chatter, as I look at the perfect woman staring back at me. This is it. My wedding, I'd never imagined it to be like this.

     "Hey, I'll go get a drink, okay?" The French one informs the other one. She nods and sits back, rapidly texting on her phone with her outer lip pouted. She also takes out two pretty looking dresses from the closet.

   I stand up, walking toward her with my light clutch in my hand and flowers in my hair. Natalie rolls her eyes at me. She turns around and slips on the dress, and it's dark blue. Cleavage and smooth legs showing, she looks like a slut.

   "Sluts don't deserve to live." I tell her, and before I know it, I bang her on the head with my clutch, as she almost screams, but I clamp her mouth. I grab her and shove her, as she fights back, digging her nails into my skin as I let out a wail. I shove her onto the ground, as she tries to bite my hand. I grab the closet door, shoving her inside, as I find socks and other emergency garments. I stuff them in her mouth and tie her, finally, with clothes. A knock at the door. I widen my eyes, and Ethan steps in, locking it. He hands me a duffel bag, ties her with a rope, and shuts the door.

"What about the French girl-" he shushes me.

"I've got it all in my hands. " he informs me, as my eyes widen. "You just have to run with me, you can trust me, can't you?"

    I look deep into his soulful eyes. Can I really trust him? Can I really run away with him? But that's my only choice.

   I'll run away, and I'll die trying.

  ***

   Intense ending isn't it? Vote up, loves, so the next action packed chapter can be posted!

   See, you knew I'm not that cruel to let the book end at this extent.

  *wink*

  xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
1.2K 53 27
I lie there staring into her forest green eyes that were staring back at me. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest when i realize what she just told me. ...
2.2K 138 21
Samantha and Kei were neighbors and classmates for years. She has being in love with him for a while. So when his parents decided to move to Japan, S...
370 1 24
Katiya Carpenter was born and raised in a perfectly small beach town. She spent her summers with the well-off "summer kids" and her best friends, she...