Hired To Love

By aunaturale

Naiya couldn't do this anymore. Last night was her breaking point. If she had to stay here another night, she... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
I'm Still Here!! Are Ya'll???
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
¡Importante Notice!
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
NOT A CHAPTER....But I'm Updating This Week
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

4.9K 338 26
By aunaturale

Kind of a filler chapter, but not really...

            Keon Wyatt

I hate Monday mornings. I was always grumpy and it was just best that I didn't socialize with anyone until at least noon. So it didn't help when I had to wake up and go to this damn appointment with Naiya to see the wedding planner. I guess the plus side about it was that food would be involved. We were also handing over the invite list which I was happy about only because I erased mad people off who Alphonse added. It was finalized today which meant that those people weren't coming and it wasn't shit he could do about it.

Wanna hurt somebody who thinks they have power? Take the fucking control away. He was gonna be one sick son of a bitch come the possible wedding day.

I was in my art study, eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with the entire box next to me on the floor while drawing Naiya.

Don't ask, because I don't know. I just...felt like drawing and while I was coming up the steps, I decided to draw her...

Anyway, you ever tried to eat just one or two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch? It's impossible. Which is why I have the entire box. At three, I get full and the milk is all gone. I never waste milk when I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I'll keep eating until the milk is all gone if I'm really hungry.

Naiya's beautiful but got damn she's got issues. I mean not like it's her fault, but I realized that everyone I've drawn or painted, has had issues.

My mom? A low key whore according to my dad. She was with a guy and fucked my dad the same night she met him while her dude was at the same event. I love her to death but damn. I've drawn her before I knew about that and I never knew what her issue was. Now I know.

Kyle? Dude got anger issues. Then again who doesn't? Besides, it's only against Alphonse and even though I know Alphonse deserves it, his anger with him is...kind of mind boggling. He tries to hide it but I'm his little brother, I notice every damn thing. I need to find out what's up with that.

Alphonse? Self-explanatory.

Brianna? Once suicidal and she was raped. That shit is going to haunt her for life but she's getting through it.

Brianna's sister Reese? Fucked a married man, Alphonse, found out he was married and still kept fucking him. Point blank period.

And then there's Naiya.

Now I'm not judging any of these people, besides Alphonse, because shit happens. Either it's your fault or not, shit happens.

I would draw myself but I'm ugly as shit.

I like drawing people with issues because I think I suck at portraits. By me drawing them with suck ass portrait skills, I'm allowed to say, 'Hey, this painting is ugly and I meant to do it that way because they have issues.' They all have flaws and that's okay. Flaws make us who we are. They may not define us but they definitely make us who we are. And that's something to accept.

Wait, if I think I'm ugly I guess that's my issue right? And if I suck at portraits anyway, it won't matter if I'm ugly.

I sat Naiya's portrait face down and started on mine. Our appointment was at 10. It's only 8 and I doubt that Naiya is even awake now. Her second week of school and she's skipping already for this wedding shit. Then there's the wedding dress fitting on Wednesday that she's going to which I will be signing her out of school early for. If she doesn't graduate, it'll be all my dad's fault.

Manipulated the poor girl to marry me, but she can't walk across the stage and get her diploma because she's too stupid-well academically disadvantaged. I can technically call DYFS on him for that right?

As soon as I started making the top shape of her head, I felt somebody watching me. Looking up, I was met with Naiya's dark brown eyes staring at me with a small smile on her face. I reached behind my ears and turned on my hearing aids. "Morning."

"Morning."

"What time should we leave?"

"9:30 I guess...or sooner. Might be traffic on the way."

"Oh...ok...well I'll go get ready now then."

"Sure thing."

"..."

"..."

"You need something?"

"No...I mean I don't think so." She looked away from me and started fiddling with her fingers and moving weirdly. Something was up with her; anyone with eyes noticing how irritable she was acting could see that.

I put the pencil down on the tray in front of the canvas and gave her my undivided attention. "Sit down Naiya."

"No I'm gonna go shower-"

"Sit."

Sighing, she sat her ass down in front of me next to the canvas. Luckily, there was no indication of what I was drawing so I didn't feel the need to cover it. "We're gonna be late."

"I doubt it takes you forever to get dressed."

"I always take longer when I'm on my period-"

"C'mon man..."

"And you really didn't need to know that I'm so sorry...can we pretend I didn't say that?"

"That'll be kind of hard because it's burned into my ears."

She placed her hands on the sides of her head, "I'm sorry."

"What's wrong with you girl?"

"I was just...just up thinking about...about what we talked about at Kyle and Brianna's house."

"About you going to the police?"

"Yeah."

"And?" I gestured for her to continue.

"Tomorrow. After school. With Shanelle."

"Oh?"

"Yeah...I mean I don't want to but...I feel like I have to you know? You could be right...he could be doing this to someone else and if I don't say anything who knows what could happen to them..."

"That's good. And you'll be with your best friend so you'll be even more comfortable doing it. What made you change your mind?"

"I had another nightmare last night."

"You think going to the police will help or do you think you need to talk to somebody?"

"Like a doctor?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Why can't I just talk to you?"

I smirked at her, "I don't think I'm sensitive enough for that."

"You don't have to be. You're a good listener."

"I really think you could benefit from seeing a counselor but unlike my dad, I'm not going to force you into something so...if you insist on just talking to me...I guess that's okay. I'm just...warning you now."

"You're not that bad but okay."

Our annoyingly preppy wedding planner Aubrey Davis had four different chefs for us. Brianna is still my favorite chef and I'll choose her food over everyone else but these chefs were pretty good. Each chef had four different courses: cocktail hour food, appetizers, salad, and main courses which consisted of three or four different choices. I only took one bite of everything because I had three fucking bowls of cereal this morning. Seemed like a good idea earlier but now I'm paying for it because damn that baby piece of steak was a tease.

Naiya on the other hand didn't eat this morning since she wanted to run her mouth some more before she finally went to go wash her ass so I knew she was hungry.

"Hmm I don't know about that one. Try Chef Roble's steak out again and then the chicken from that dude over there."

Chef freaking Roble. I ain't paying for this shit so I'm enjoying his presence rather than sweating over what his rate is. He was the best chef here and I was pretty sure he was the one, but to trick Naiya into eating more without her realizing it, I pretended like I couldn't decide.

"Keon I took three bites of his steak already. The sample is almost gone."

"Might as well eat the rest then." She sighed and finished it. "How was it?"

"It was great."

I smirked, "Yeah you damn near inhaled it." I laughed a little at the look on her face.

"Did you decide yet?"

"Yeah I decided twenty minutes ago." She gasped. I looked at the wedding planner and forced a smile on my face. "We'll go with Chef Roble."

Aubrey clapped her hands loudly, "Excellent choice! He's cooked for the President of the United States you know? He's an amazing chef and he's great with his audiences. I'm sure you two will love him on your wedding day. Should we talk about the cake? Mr. Wyatt your fiancé have me full creative control. If you'd like, Chef Roble and I can suggest a cake flavor for you two?"

"That's fine with me if its fine with Naiya. I'm not a cake guy anyway so it's not like I'll be eating it."

"Perfect! I was thinking a vanilla and peach schnapps tower cake. And I'll take control of everything else. All you two have to do now is just confirm the attendance list, venue, and the attire for the bridal party. I have an amazing photographer for you as well."

Blah blah blah.

Naiya handed over the attendance list that she printed out. My dad added some people on there that I don't know so I clipped those names and added my mom's assistant Bridgette and her husband. After we handed all that over, our meeting was thankfully over. I couldn't get out there fast enough.

"You ever think about trying to contact your family?"

I briefly took my eyes off the road to look at her. Her eyes were looking out the window probably at nothing in particular. "No."

"..."

"..."

"Well are you thinking about it now?"

"What would be the point?"

"I'm just wondering if you ever wanted to see where you came from that's all."

"Do you think I need to find them?"

"No. This is your life, not mine. But now that you're out of that orphanage, you probably have a better chance of finding them. Just in case you ever thought about it...or want to."

"I mean...they gave me up so what would be the point? I think I'd be fine without them."

"You will be. It's just a thought that's all."

I honestly don't know what made me just say that. I think a lot of shit, but that honestly was none of my business. The other shit was my business because she told me about it but her family isn't my business. Fake marriage or not.

Needless to say, for the rest of the ride home I didn't initiate any conversation with her. Luckily when we got back, her friend Shanelle was parked out front and got out of the car starting to tell her about some shit that happened at their school today. I took this time to call Kyle about her going up to the precinct tomorrow to make a report about her rape.

I just really hope she goes through with it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 1.2K 33
"I can never get married to you.i deserve better.he said with his usual screwed up face which always makes his handsome face have wrinkles. "today,he...
109K 5.1K 25
''Let me help you, ma'am,'' a man who was probably the flight attendant said. Damn. Ryerson Reeds even had handsome flight attendants. The man stoope...
169K 7K 37
If you'd have told me a week ago that I'd be a billionaire's property........ Confident. Brilliant. Rich. Devastatingly handsome. Aiden Manning seeme...
8.7M 208K 35
Previously entitled, My Overly Possessive Billionaire. "Fine!" I acquiescently cave in. "He better keeps his eyes off of you, or I'll poke...