Chapter Twenty-Four

Keon Wyatt

Fuck. My. Life.

I woke up with a fucking migraine and the stomachache of a stomach virus patient. I knew that it was due to all the reckless drinking I did and from the bombshell that was dropped on my ass yesterday. What a fucking birthday. I smelled a faded out cleanser aroma and what I guess was a candle burning. The cleanser smell got my ass up and in the bathroom hurling over the toilet. Once I was done, my stomach miraculously felt better even though this headache was still very much evident. I quickly showered and got back in the bed in only some boxer briefs. I planned on staying here all damn day.

The bedroom door opened and Zaire walked in carrying God's work. The ultimate hangover cure on a tray. He saw me and instantly began laughing.

"You look like shit bruh."

"Fuck...you." I rolled over onto my back and glanced to Naiya's side of the bed. I didn't see her earlier when I went into the bathroom and assumed that she was out eating in the dining room. "Where she at..."

"She went out for a run on the beach. She should be back soon. And Torrence and Brendan are in their suite lookin' just like you."

"Oh shit, they down here?"

"They came up to surprise you for your birthday party. The three of y'all went down to the bar and got drunk."

"Aw hell."

"You remember anything from last night?"

"The last thing I remember was calling my mom and her telling me about this guy Jackson who's my dad and then me going out drinking."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

He shook his head, "Talk to...your wife...when she comes back."

"Why?"

"Because you might wanna know the other details of your night."

Rolling my eyes, I took my hangover cures and dosed right back off...

...And woke up a brand new man. I tell you, if you don't have a hangover cure that works for you, find one. Mine is one that Zaire got from his grandmom. Back when Kyle graduated from college and we came down here I got stupid drunk with Zaire and his friends off of some white Hennessy. I ended up crashing at his house and before I went back to the suite with my parents, he gave me the ultimate hangover cure that worked like a charm for me. I've used it at home before and it's definitely saved me from swerving home or getting in trouble from my parents. Well my mom and Alphonse. I wasn't nauseous, had no migraine and my body didn't feel like shit. More importantly, I wasn't saying what every person says when they get nasty hangovers: I'm not drinking anymore.

Because I am. But damn I won't let myself do that dumb shit again. Almost the whole bottle though? Seriously?

It was one o'clock when I decided to leave the bedroom dressed in a plain white sleeveless tank and some cut off jeans that I turned into knee shorts. Naiya was sitting at the table eating with Zaire. Naiya looked up at me with a shocked expression as if she couldn't believe I was there. She's probably surprised that I'm alive. Zaire got up and disappeared into the kitchen. When he came back out he had a plate of food which I take was mine. I sat down across from where he and Naiya were sitting and he placed it in front of me. He disappeared again and returned with a glass of ginger ale.

"Thanks man."

"No problem."

There was silence at the table. I kept stealing glances at Naiya and every time I looked her way, I could see her body tense up and she would fidget in her seat. I looked at Zaire when he stood up with his plate. He nodded in her direction telling me to talk to her. Damn, what happened last night? Once he left out of the suite through the balcony doors, I pushed my plate away and leaned back in my chair.