Chapter Twenty-Seven

Naiya Wyatt

My plan was simple. Keon was leaving for his flight to Atlanta in a few hours and I was currently packing for it without his knowledge of me even attending. Ever since the mini episode at the precinct a few days ago, I've been pretty much keeping to myself sleeping in my room, reading in my room, or going out for a swim in the back yard. Keon pulled me out of the house yesterday and earlier today when he went out for some last minute errands before his big trip. He told me he was traveling alone so he could spend some time thinking to himself but I know how antsy he can get when he spends too much time in his own mind. So like any wife who knows her husband and ignores his orders, I booked a flight when we got back from running errands. I didn't start packing until his grumpy self took a nap. I was already showered, dressed in some lounge traveling clothes and ready to go with a fight if I have to. We would only be in Atlanta for two days because my trial was starting in just three days and I needed to prepare for that. Keon promised to be there by my side for it.

At exactly 6:10pm, I hurriedly made my way downstairs and out the door to Alphonse's driver who would be taking Keon to the airport. I gave over my traveling bag and hopped into the backseat with my purse. About five minutes later, Keon sluggishly walked out the house with a bag and a brown stick hanging out the corner of his mouth. As soon as he opened the door I sounded off.

"I know you're not about to smoke in here-"

"The fuck you doing in here?"

"If we get pulled over you're getting arrested."

He snatched it out of his mouth and tossed his bag inside and it landed next to me slightly hitting my side. "Answer my question Naiya."

I swallowed down hard at the serious look on his face. Maybe I shouldn't of intervened and invited myself? "I-I'm coming with you."

"The fuck you not Naiya get out."

I frowned back at him, "No." He can scare off everybody else with that attitude but not me. Well not anymore. As in five seconds ago.

"Get out."

"No."

"You need me to help you out?"

"No. I'm 18 years old I can go wherever I want to."

"Then get another car to take you then. Call Uber. I don't want you coming with me."

"Why not?"

He didn't answer me. He just climbed inside and shut the door. The driver started the truck. "Naiya we ain't leaving until you get out."

"Then you're gonna miss your flight."

He shrugged, "I don't care. I ain't pay for the flight I'll catch a later one."

"You're being ridiculous."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you-" I sighed loudly, "I'm not doing this with you Keon. I know you said you didn't want anyone coming with you but I know you do. You're meeting this guy for the first time. He's a stranger Keon. I know your mom is there but you said you guess you really don't know her like you thought so she doesn't help it either. I just wanna be here for you like you've been for me. Can you let me do that please?"

He sat there staring ahead for a few long seconds before putting his seatbelt on. "You can leave Mike."

And we were off. I smiled in victory.