Took Me By Surprise [Zayn Ma...

By sxmmersxdness

❝ Maybe he loves me now, but he has to change to love me forever. ❞ [Under major editing] More

Before Reading
Chapter 1: Changing Directions
Chapter 2: The Fifth Floor
Chapter 3: Jittery Jenan
Chapter 4: Empty Shelves
Chapter 5: Home Alone.. Or What?
Chapter 6: Chatting, Cooking, Commmunicating
Chapter 7: Does she really not know about us?
Chapter 8: London Lane
Chapter 9: What's Wrong With Me?
Chapter 10: New Family
Chapter 11: Just Saying
Chapter 12: A Trip Around London
Chapter 13: Picnic À La Malik
Chapter 13.5: Tired And Emotional
Chapter 14: Headlines
Chapter 15: The Green Apple
Chapter 16: It Goes Without Saying
Chapter 17: One Interview, One Phone Call And One Disaster
Chapter 18: A Lot Of Missed Calls
Chapter 19: Be Alright
Chapter 20: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 21: Slowly Falling
Chapter 22: "Did You Know My Middle Name Is Jawaad?"
Chapter 23: Sweden
Chapter 24: The Truth I
Chapter 25: The Truth II
Chapter 26: Change My Mind
Chapter 27: Trouble With Management
Chapter 28: Accepted And Rejected
Chapter 29: Fans, Awards.. Another thing, kid?
Chapter 30: The Second Love-Confession
Chapter 31: After The Big Bang
Chapter 32: Back In Egypt
Chapter 33: Sorry, Your Plan Didn't Work
Chapter 34: Airplanes
Chapter 35: Everything's Going Fast
Chapter 36: Seven Kilometres
Chapter 37: Heart Attack
Chapter 38: The One And Only
Chapter 39: A Lot Of Things Going On
Epilogue

Chapter 40: I Love You Because ..

3.3K 145 37
By sxmmersxdness

A/N: *taking a deep breath* so, get ready for the last chapter of TMBS. It was a long way and it was AMAZING with you <3

*Zayn*

  Since the night when she had that dream, she acted weird. She never mentioned what actually happened in the nightmare but it must have made a great impression on her; she acted as if I was ill or something.

   It seems I never could escape her worried eyes or stay away longer than what I had told her I would. She was very worried about me and it didn't bug me. I felt loved.

   But soon, her state changed back to normal. We left to complete the tour and the people slowly started to accept the fact I was engaged after I confirmed it in public..

"So, Zayn." A huge grin appeared on the interviewers face. I grinned too, knowing what question he was about to ask. "We've recently heard that there had been a few changes in your life, huh?"

   I tried hard not to grin like an idiot, but I failed. "Yeah, that's right."

   "So you want to share some news with us and the fans?" I was glad that that interviewer was one of the nice kind. He made me feel comfortable and willing to tell the world how serious I am with Jenan.

   "Yeah, well.." but I didn't know how to say it. Straight? Kinda mysterious? I chose the first option. "I asked Jenan to marry me."

   A murmur went through the audience. But it wasn't a scandalized one, as I noticed.

   "Wow, that's.." I could see that he was not sure about the adjective so I helped him out, saying: "Weird, I know. But we won't marry now, she's still too young."

   "What's your plan?" the interviewer required.

   "Well." I said and looked at my bandmates. They nodded almost unnoticable and showed me I should go on. "We will be engaged for 2 years and when she turns 20, we'll marry."

   "Isn't that a ... overhasty decision?" he asked softly, afraid to say something wrong.

   I smiled, showing him I was good with his questions. "No. I never was sure of something like I'm sure that I she's the one for me. I love her."

*Jenan*

   Hearing Zayn telling the whole world that he loves me, made me weak. My heart melted and I wished I could be with him now. Japan was so damn far away.

   They told me I should come with them on the Asia tour as well, but I refused. Although I did nothing really during accompanying them through the tour, it left me tired moving from city to city. Of course it was somehow really amazing, specially because of the awesome time I had with the lads, but I felt it was enough now. Besides that Japan seemed so far away, I prefered it to stay at home.

   "Wish you two good luck together." The interviewer said and with that changed the topic. My thoughts drifted away. School would start tomorrow and I was glad it would be my last year. On the other hand, I still wasn't sure about what I wanted to be. The boys would return after three days and then (maybe) a little normality will come back into the flat. Or back into my life in general. Even my mother finally finished her job (after having extended it four times) and my father won't be alone anymore.

   My laptop on the coffee table made a familiar sound and with that pulled me out of my thoughts. The excitement I got whenever it was time for a Skype call with Zayn never became less even after spending the last months touring with him. And I loved the fact that as soon as he finished the interview, he remembered me.

   "Zayn!" I said. I must sound creepy in his ears but I was just very happy. An unclear technical version of his appeared on the screen.

   "Hey, boo." He smiled and warmed my heart. It was time for him to come back home, I knew it. "What were you doing before I rudely interrupted you?"

   He always asked me about my day or checked whether he was keeping me busy from something. He was so caring, it was sheer unbelievable. Did he really exist? Was he really mine? My body started shivering.

   "I was watching the interview." I told him. He should know I knew that now our engagement was official for the rest of the world. Of course he hadn't proclaimed anything without discussing it with me and management first. Simon wanted to wait a little more, but Zayn wanted the truth to be out. And for me it didn't really matter as already three quarters of the fandom were quite sure, especially after our mistakes with the rings when we forgot to take them off.

   "Oh, good." He muttered and stopped. As if he wanted to say something else but changed his mind.

  I didn't urge him to complete. "Yeah, I'm kinda glad it's all out now and we don't have to hide anything." I smiled. What a good feeling.

   "Yes." Zayn said and looked away. And that was when I started becoming nervous. What was wrong with him? I could see there was something on his mind.

   Was he calling to tell me about something specific? Were there signs since the beginning of our chat? "What happened." It didn't come out as a question, more a mixture between a statement and a demand. I raised one of my eyebrows at Zayn and caused him to giggle a little. But it was a tensed-up giggle.

   "It's okay, we don't have to talk about it now." He shrugged, still seeming stiffened. "I see you're happy now and I don't want to ruin your—"

   "Zayn." I interrupted him, leaning more forward to the screen. "That's not how it works." Hiding something from me only because I was happy at the moment? Oh Zayn.

   He sighed deeply. It was a long sigh and it worried me. "The thing is.." he slowly started and I patiently waited for him to go on or at least turn his eyes to the small camera again so I could look into them and maybe check if he was going to tell me something really bad. "Have you watched our news lately?" the way he completed didn't fit. And he said our news, so he was talking about the newest gossip about One Direction. I gulped, knowing this was not good.

   "No, actually." I said honestly. It was enough for me to call the lads everyday and get a lot of text messages from Harry, updating me on their location. Beside that I wanted to keep away from Twitter since the nightmare recently so I never checked updates there. And the TV had other problems than broadcasting about a boyband.

   "Well, that's good." Zayn sighed again, now with relief. It was a reflex of my hand, immediately grabbing my phone and opening the internet. "No, no.." Zayn saw what I was going to do. "That's a bad idea, Jen. Listen to me first.." but it was too late.

   While he had been trying to stop me from carrying on, I had typed his name into the searchbar in Google and instantly got the results. It was enough for me to see the name of the uppermost link to understand what Zayn was talking about.

   Zayn Malik Cheating On( Almost-)Girlfriend Jenan Tareq?

   Long time ago, he had predicted to me that that would happen one day. He made a hundred times sure that we would talk about it, in case it happened. I had seen the fear in his eyes. The fear of losing me to rumors just as he had lost Perrie.

   I had nodded, smiling and not believing it would happen. And even if, I thought, I would be able to cope with it.

   But I wasn't.

   Not really.

   My thick trust in Zayn started to get chapped as I opened the link. And as it loaded, I thought about how stupid I was. Sitting there calmly and opening a link which was talking about how Zayn supposedly cheated on me?! Was I out of my mind??

   Without a second thought, I cancelled the process, closed the internet and put the phone away. Before raising my voice to speak to Zayn again, I took a moment to feel glad. He sat there silently, without interrupting my thoughts about it all and I was very thankful for that. He gave me time to think and wash away any negative thoughts about him.

   "Zayn, did you do that?" although I had made a decision to myself about not believing the rumor and trusting Zayn, I had to ask the question.  

   He met my gaze and held it for solid 5 seconds before saying with a strong voice: "I would never do that."

   And I believed him.

**

   "What is your respond to the newest rumors, Miss Tareq?" one of the paps outside the supermarket yelled. Since the rumor first came out, three days ago, I couldn't take a single step oustide without getting photographed and/or asked questions about it. It was getting to my nerves and I regretted turning down Paul's offer to leave a bodyguard here in England with me. It would made me feel a little safer.

    "Why don't you ever reply to our questions?"

    "So Zayn really cheated on you?" another one said, mockingly, causing my blood to start boiling and I wrapped my arms around my body, trying to get through the crowd. "I bet it was easy to fool you.."

   Stay calm, stay calm, stay calm.. only a few more metres then you can get on your bike and leave them behind.

   "Everybody knew that little piece of **** was a rat, and you were the stupid one who fell for it."

   I think that he just crossed the line, cos suddenly I found myself spinning around to the direction of the last voice and yelling: "GET OFF MY BACK!"

   Furiously, I turned around, enjoying the silence which has spread after I shouted at the paps. But their shock didn't last for long, as they started coming after me and making noise again.

   "We all know Zayn cheated on you, we would just love to hear it from your heartbroken self."

   What a stupid and mean man that was. I knew I would regret it later, but I turned around again and said: "Zayn is one of the most honest people I know and it's all fine between us two." I took a deep breath, seeing the men in front of me listening closely to what I was saying. "He never cheated on me and he would never do that as long as he loves me and I think he does. And I love him enough to trust him."

   With that, I turned away and ran the remaining metres to my bike and then hurtled off as soon as possible.

   I couldn't even reach our flat when Emily called. "Oh my God, YOU TOLD THE WHOLE WORLD HOW MUCH YOU LOVE EACH OTHER, THAT'S SO ROMANTIC!"

   Actually, my definition of romantic was a little bit different from hers, but I was too tired to complain. I listened to her freaking out for a while and then closed the line as we finished. Now I had time to worry about the consequences.

   Will management chop my head off? Maybe.

   They had charged me carefully not to respond to any rumors, and what did I do? Break the golden rule.

   I tossed the keys away and fell down onto the couch. As soon as I closed my eyes I saw the images of the paps looking at me with hungry eyes. Media will tear me to pieces! Stupid Girlfriend Claims Boyfriend Never Cheated On Her.. uhh!

   It was the totally wrong timing to open Twitter for the firstly after such a long time, but I felt the need to see if that what had happened already leaked to the fans. I avoided my mentions, aka the hate and took a look at the trends.

   #foreverJAZ

   #LeaveJenanALONE

   Wow. That was definitely not what I had expected. A comfortable warmth spread in my heart and I was happy that there were people out there who didn't wish I wasn't even existing.

   Depsite my decision not to open my mentions, I did it. And the uppermost tweet made my heart clench again in pain. The pain of missing him badly.

   @zaynmalik you were right. I love you :) x

**

   "Jenna."

   I think I slowly should train my heart not to do weird things whenever Zayn says my name or looks at me deeply. If I can't give that up, then I'll probably die very soon after our marriage due to a heart attack.

   "Hm?" I smiled and kept my eyes fixed on the scene in front of me. I loved spending time on the balcony of our flat, it reminded me of old times, only that now Zayn always joined me without a cigarette in his hand. It had been very hard for him to get off that addiction, but he made it. And I was VERY proud of him.

   "Without you, I wouldn't be as strong as I am now. I said it to 8 million people in one of my tweets before, and I'm saying it now again." He had whispered into my ear the day he finally didn't have to smoke.

   "What are you thinking about?" his voice pulled me back to present and I turned to face him.

   "When I first met you, I honestly didn't know you were gonna be this important to me." My voice was not more than whispers and I didn't even know what I was saying. The feelings inside of me just felt like bursting out of a bottle.

   "I'm glad I have you." Zayn's eyes shined in the twilight of the evening. His voice sent shivers down my spine and my love-filled heart started to pound wildly.

   He smiled, I smiled. The atmosphere around us was electric as ever. We turned our gaze to the scene down the balcony again. Everything in me wanted to lean against his shoulder but I knew the right time hasn't come yet. Only a couple of months..

   "I'll set off to America tomorrow, you know." Zayn whispered without looking down at me.

   "I know." I said and gulped. "Three weeks."

   "Three weeks." He repeated. When the tour finally was over, I was glad I had the lads back. But now they were already planning their third album and their schedule was tight. I hated that but well.. I had to accept it. Making Zayn feel bad because of me wasn't what I wanted.

   I don't know for how long we stood there, silently beside each other. It was a good feeling and I think we both felt more than comfortable in the company of each other.

   "Jenna?" Zayn broke the silence. "I always think of you and me and realise how lucky I am. I would have never believed that a girl like you would love me and be my wife."

   A shy smirk appeared around my lips and I looked up at him. "Well, I guess you just took me by surprise."

**

   *Zayn*

   It was very early in the morning when we got ready to fly to America and that was why I didn't want to wake her up. As I know her, she must have set her alarm clock but fell asleep after hitting the snooze button. I smiled by that thought and stopped leaning against her door. I badly wished to look at her for one more time but I knew I couldn't.

   I sighed deeply and looked around. I felt bad for leaving her alone in this cold flat again.

   The phone in my pocket started vibrating and I knew it was one of the boys who were already in the van waiting for me. I didn't even make an effort to take the phone out.

   Slowly, I walked down the stairs. It felt as if I was waiting for something but I myself didn't know what. Maybe I was waiting for Jenan to burst out her room and say to be goodbye?

   The sound of crumbling paper evolved from under my feet as I reached the last stair step. A light red paper was lying there right in front of me and I bent down to pick it up. Jenan's neat handwriting greeted me..

I love U because...

You are a gentleman who knows how to treat me like a lady.. you respect me and you respect my opinions and the way I think

I love U because...

you opened my eyes to love

I love U because...

You promised me your last name  And I'm always dreaming about that day when we'll be happily together forever.

I love you, Zayn Javadd Malik.

-J. x

_____________________

Now I have two news, let's start with the bad and previously mentioned one: this was officially the laaast chapter of this story (there won't be any sequels) and I will apply the green check mark after posting thing (it will be a ceremoniously act for me :D )

buuuuuut (the good news) there will be an EPILOGUE! :) Soon. Just not now, I have finals until the 23rd of May and AS SOON AS my Summer vacation starts, I'll start writing the Epilogue and post it :) I hope you'll stay tuned to this story until that and don't fully put it off your minds :D

I won't give spoilers about the Epilogue (when it will take place, before the wedding, during the wedding or after the wedding..etc. ;)) but I REALLY HOPE you'll like it :) I already have it pictured in my mind.

Sorry for this long talk, I lastly want to add: T H A N K  Y O U

- S. x

PS: remember the note Jenan left for Zayn (the three 'I love you because's)? I must say that I didn't write that on my own, I got it from a sweet page on FB whose name I can't find :( copyrights to them :)

PPS: message me any time, if you have any questions or else :) x

PPPS: Don't forget to vote and comment on this, I need to hear your feedback. About this chapter and about this story in general :) what are your thoughts and feelings? x

#JAZ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 257 5
Love-hate relationship of Liam Payne and Zayn Malik
965 117 28
63.2K 623 31
You have been best friends with Niall Horan since you can remember. But when you fall in love with Harry Styles you have to keep it a secret from Nia...
8.4K 303 62
**READ AT YOUR OWN RISK** "It's fucking crazy, because you'd think I'd remember you, I'd remember them, maybe I'd at least remember us! But I don't a...