Silent Thunder

By Youngappreticerabbit

Long ago in the time when there was peace the wolves were divided into clans called Kufs. When war threatened... More

Silent Thunder: The Prolouge
Silent Thunder: Amy
Silent Thunder: Dreams and Nightmares
SIlent Thunder: Wolves love McDonalds
Silent Thunder: Him
Silent Thunder: Confrontations equal Sobfests
Silent Thunder: Comparing Stories
Silent Thunder: The Return of the Yellow Light
Silent Thunder: Roadtrips....or I guess you'd call it Pawtrips
Silent Thunder: I Accidently Steal a Popstar
Silent Thunder: We Watch a Movie
Silent Thunder: I Take a Projector to the Head

Silent Thunder: We Take a Walk in the Woods

450 12 4
By Youngappreticerabbit

I had many difficulties on this chapter. I didn't plan this out as well as I thought I did. Oh well, I'll figure it. :) Truly, the character development is going along great, it's the main thing I'm proud of. They just took on a life of their own. Soon you'll meet the rest of the main characters. I really hope your enjoying the book. I'm sorry I take so long to update. I guess I just write slow and am to busy. I'll try my hardest to update sooner this time. But for now just enjoy. :) TTYL!

                                                         -Yushi  :^)

Copyright 2011 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fur on Kyle's back flattened in surprise. I bet mine did too. Unfortunately, you can't see yourself without a mirror. I don't know how many times I've wished that was possible. But seriously what were these wolves talking about, we had never been here before! How can we return to a place we haven't been? Were they crazy or something?

"Look, I have never been here before in my life so please just leave me alone okay?"

The wolf smiled. I had now figured out that he was teasing us more than threatening us. His eyes twinkled like when Kyle told a joke. That didn't make it any less frightening though.

"Just like I remembered your kind being! This is wonderful! You healers always were the first to talk back, so defensive."

I faltered for a moment. My kind? You healers? What?! I'd never met him or been here in my life. What did he know about my kind? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was officially crazy. Or demented.

"What is your problem? I DON'T KNOW YOU! Get away from me you crazy, spastic wolf. Maybe you have rabies or something. Does that cause you to think you know people, I mean wolves, you OBVIOUSLY don't know?"

The wolves around me gasped, stepping back. I'd definitely said something I shouldn't of. Like always. What had gotten into me lately? First Walter, now this. I don't think it's a good idea to insult the wolf that is most likely the leader of the pack. The craziness of my situation must be getting to me. But instead of him attacking me, he laughed. Hard. I looked sideways at Kyle. He hadn't said anything since the leader had spoken. He gave me a nervous smile.

"She's right, Sir.", he said, shaky.

Sir?  The leader smiled an annoying know-it-all smile.

"I didn't mean her physically. I meant her ancestors, her kind. Yours too. Most of the others we had to track down. Your little pack seems to have just walked our way. Odd."

I hate strange things. I know that sounds hard to believe with all the strange things that had been happening lately but normally I go out of my way to avoid strange things. I think this was pretty high up on the Strange Scale.

"What are you talking about?", Kyle asked, confused.

"I'll explain when we get there. Stay with us and don't fall behind."

The pack started on their way with us in the middle, surrounded. What was going on? And how were we going to carry Jonah? Fortunately, at that moment one of the wolves stepped on her ear. She woke up, howling. Great.

"What's going on? Where am I?", she said. Then she realized what was happening. And tthat she was surrounded by wolves. "AHHHHHHH!!", she screamed, tumbling backwards.

Well, this was just wonderful. She chooses NOW of all times to wake up. Kyle gave her a death stare. She quieted down and got to her paws, taking deep shallow breaths. Kyle's death stare was pretty scary. It even freaked me out a little and he wasn't even giving it to me. I walked over to her.

"Get up. Just follow these wolves and we'll figure out what's going on. Okay?"

She yelped but then shut up. Kyle was still giving her a "I'm going to kill you if anything goes wrong" look.

"You can talk?", she managed.

"Yeah, come on. Lets keep walking. I can explain on the way."

We trotted a bit to catch up to Kyle. She looked wary.

"Jonah, this is Kyle. I'm Helen."

She glanced at Kyle, trying to figure out if he still wanted to kill her and then walked up next to me.

"We are humans too."

"You are? Because you sure don't look like it.", she said.

"Its.....a long story."

"I have the feeling we have a while."

I sighed. I really didn't want to get into this. How could I sum it up in a way that didn't take forever and made sense? Strangely, it was Kyle who said something first.

"Basically me and Helen are humans and we can turn into wolves. Not at will, well not at first. We caused a few problems back where we live and had to leave. We-"

"What kind of problems?", she asked.

Kyle started to give her the death stare (what was up with him?) but I kicked him in the shin.

"We might as well tell her.", I whispered to him.

She looked at him, waiting.

"Helen can heal people. She saw a man be mean to a fry cook and slapped him. Then she healed the fry cook. She can be a little......impulsive sometimes. It was on video and people thought she could go to Juvie. So we left as wolves and were looking for a place to spend the night when we stumbled upon your trailer. You basically know the story from there."

She stared at us with a new kind of wonder.

"How did we get surrounded by a bunch of wolves?"

"Ummm....I don't really know.",

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know that either."

"That's just great."

~

After what felt like a few hours we came to a clearing in the forest.  The leader stopped and the other wolves circled around us. He turned and gave Jonah a wink. She was staring like her eyes were going to bug out of her head.

"I don't believe any of us have been properly introduced. My name is Gilligan. Yours are?"

I stepped up. I felt a strange compelling to speak up. To be the leader of the group.

"I'm Helen. This is Kyle and Jonah."

I looked at them when I said their names. Gilligan walked around us, examining us from every angle.

"Well then, welcome. It is a pleasure to meet all of you."

"W-w-what do you want with us?", Jonah squeaked. She was nothing like the strong, confident singer I knew her to be. It was weird.

"Nothing much. We just need you to bring salvation to our species."

My brilliant answer?

"Huh?"

As you can see I'm an amazing conversationalist. Gilligan smiled. He was really annoying. 

"You'll see."

I looked at Kyle. He looked just as confused as I felt. I shrugged. (Well, attempted to. It's not the easiest thing to do as a wolf.) Jonah had separated herself from us and was looking around in wonder. Gilligan walked forward and started to dig in a pile of leaves. He motioned for us to come closer. We stepped forward, cautiously. He was staring at the ground which was now visible.

Personally, it just looked like a bunch of dirt. He waved his paw over the dirt and said something. I couldn't hear it very well. It sounded like "humph mum" but I'm probably wrong. The dirt shimmered and pulsed. It was covered it a faint white light. It glowed brighter and brighter until I was forced to look away. Once it died down I looked back over. There where the dirt used to be was a tunnel leading underground.

Gilligan smiled at us, flashing his bright white canines.

"Follow me."

He walked into the tunnel. We hesitated.

"I nominate Helen.", Jonah said.

I looked to Kyle for support. I really did not want to go first. He looked into the darkness and shrugged.

"After you."

I sighed and glanced at the tunnel.

"You suck."

I took a deep breath and plunged into the unknown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5K 22
{Sequel to My Alpha Mate} Once every 10,000 years a single vampire/wolf hybrid child will be born a half demon wolf. When the chosen child comes of a...
22.8K 813 9
(I wrote this when I was 13, so sorry for the mispelled words or the cringe) You are an Omega, a lone wolf. All werewolves hate you except your famil...
21.2K 986 32
[SPOILER ALERT: This is a DIRECT sequel to "Demons"] "It has been said that once every 500th year, the Moon-Goddess chooses one werewolf to become th...
6 0 14
Many secrets are yet to be revealed. Read, imagine, and feed your thoughts! Xoxo! 💋