Chocolate! (on hiatus)

By poltergeist_people

The bell to my grandfathers old shop rang and I looked up from my magazine, "Welcome to Sugar Suga- whoa what... More

Ch 1: Welcome to Sugar Sugar!
Ch 2: Do You Like Jail?
Ch 3: ...Sooo You Wanna Live In my Basement?
Ch 4: Here Comes the Rainbow Psycho.
Ch 5: I KNEW YOU KNEW I'M MORE CUTE THAN A CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE!
Ch 6: Yes! Doughnut Panties for the Win!
Ch 7: Hose. Me. Down.
Ch 8: Everything
Ch 9: The Attic
Ch 10: Arson
Ch 11: Prison food
Ch 12: Jumping the guy at Dairy Queen.
Ch 13: Can I Have Your Fortune Cookie?
Ch 14: Love is a Bitch.
Ch 15: Bonus Chapter; Love is a Bitch Axel POV
Ch 16: Free Will
Ch 17: Magic
Ch 18: For the Love of Lola
Ch 19: Demons Aren't Real!
Ch 21: Things Change.
Ch 22: Cruel Isn't a Synonym for Honest.
Ch 23: Don't you Wanna Taste my Rainbow Cake?
Ch 24: I'm Lola
Ch 25: What Would You do if I Told You I Love You?
Ch 26: I Hate You
Ch 27: I Hate You Too
Ch 28: Because I'm Sexually Frustrated.
Ch 29: Not all of us are Whores
Ch 30: Now Strip
Ch 31: Fudge You!
Ch 32: Bucket List
Ch 33: Kitty
Ch 34: Misunderstandings
Ch 35: Ice
Ch 36: Embarrassed?
Ch 37: NO PIE FOR YOU!
Ch 38: Leo the Lemon
Ch 39: The Lola I Know
Ch 40: Lawyers are Like Santa
Ch 41: Memory
Ch 42: Proof.
Ch 43: Cherry Pop!
Ch 44: Piece of Cake.
Ch 45: Uh Honesty?
Ch 46: Little Candy Queen
Ch 47: Karma is Soft Caramel
Ch 48: Fly
Ch 49: Gummy Bear
Ch 50: You're a Bitch
Ch 51: The Most Devastatingly Horrible Thing in my Candy Land Life.
Ch 52: Some People Dont Believe in Televison
Ch 53: A Plan
Ch 54: Inner Demons
Ch 55: Rage
Ch 56: It's Name is Squishy.
Ch 57: Hell Muffins
Ch 58: A Rainbow With a Rock for a Brain.
Ch 59: Burnt Cookies
Ch 60: The Night Terror Myth
Ch 61: That. Fucking. Bastard.
Ch 62: Taffytwirls Flaming Pillows
Ch 63: Deep Fried Oreos
Bye.

Ch 20: Familiar

34K 2K 243
By poltergeist_people

A/N: I love how many of you were like 'fu Axel. fu' at the end of the last chapter XD Guys he's a demon like he would let the opportunity to freak her out pass. 

I am slowly going to crush your pretty little dreams of that man.

or I'm going to make them come true.

I haven't decided yet.

ehh oh well.

I just realized that I act like some of my characters in that aspect of 'oh this is going to make you upset? good now I'm so going to do it.'

You know what that means?

I'm sexy just like them ;) 

and that my sexy ass should live in an anime WHERE IS MY TOMOE?!?!?!!? I want one of my own he is the only character I have ever fan girled over so hard. I love him, the adorable fox..

wow...i went way off topic...hi. I'ma just start the story now.

~~

Lola POV

Demon...there is a demon sitting there sipping at my coffee refusing to answer any of my questions.

I grit my teeth feeling betrayed, "I thought you were grandpas friend! you liar!"

He looked slightly intrigued, smirk dropping from his too pretty face.

"you probably just said all that in order to freeload and then eat me later!"

He sighed, "If I wanted to eat you I wouldn't have needed to lie in order to do so. one touch, our eyes meeting, my voice invading your ears Lola is all it takes for me to take over your mind, any one of those options can put you under my control. And I don't eat people per-say. Well I don't eat the flesh if thats what you mean, It the mind I go after. But, in any case I need to touch you to actually feed."

I glared at him, "then I don't know why you did but you lied! I-I want you out!"

He scoffed, "yes Lola because your tiny ass can just throw a demon out of her house."

I felt like crying all over again, "I-I trusted you!"

"Yes well a lot of women make that mistake."

I made a tiny outraged noise, "Axel! Absinthe whatever you name is, I want you OUT!"

His body went utterly still, "Do not call me that."

I blinked, "What? Absinthe? that is your real name isn't it! you don't get to choose what I call you! You're unworthy of my nicknames and my grandpas shop!"

His face washed over in shock, "what the hell, I saved your ass and your pissed at me?!"

"I wouldn't need saving if it weren't for you!"

Another scoff, "please, you need saving in more ways than one."

"its your fault they were there! they were your demon friends!"

"They aren't my friends, much like you I don't have friends."

"And now you don't have a place to stay either!"

He rolled his eyes at me, "if you want me gone make me leave."

I froze, I couldn't do that I didn't even know how to start, "uhm.."

"Thats what I thought. Breakfast is on the stove."

I shook my head, "I'm not eating anything you make."

He groaned, "This is ridiculous."

"I can't trust you!"

"Oh so thats what this is about? I hurt little Lolas feelings and now her heart can't bear to put trust in me. Even before you knew what I am you knew I was a convicted criminal you idiot. I never gave you a reason to trust me to begin with."

I sniffled, "you were nice to me..."

"If thats your version of nice you really are a stupid girl."

"You said you would help me keep the shop..you helped me pick out court clothes..you got up and met me at the shop every day exactly at five in the morning...you made candy with me...y-you told me it was okay to be me that there was nothing wrong with me! you were nicer to me than anyone since grandpa."

He was silent for a moment, Lavender eyes meeting my own, "thats kind of a pathetic thing to admit you know?"

He just stood there and watched me rub tears from my eyes, "Your horrible and a liar!"

"I didn't even do anything bad to you."

"You took away my choice and made me...do things to myself!"

"Would you rather I have done it?"

"NO! I would rather of never been controlled!"

He shrugged, "Thats wasn't an option it was either me or Karma. I figured you would rather end the night still a virgin you should be happy I was nice enough to do that for you."

I hiccuped through a tiny cry. "You used me in a ritual."

"I had to feed."

"You didn't have to use me!"

"but I wanted to, because frankly it had been a while since I had a demon of that level, their fear is one of my favorite things. Are you done crying yet?"

I cried harder.

"Fucking hell. Stop it Lola its not like you're hurt."

Maybe not physically but I was hurt, "I thought you were my connection to grandpa but all you do is lie!"

A loud sigh, "I am your last connection to your gramps, That shop, this house, that car, and me."

"Grandpa wouldn't befriend a demon!"

"He didn't befriend me, he summoned me."

"NO! ONLY BAD PEOPLE DO THAT!" 

Footsteps, "lost people get desperate sometimes lola."

"GRANDPA WASNT LOST!"

"He was."

"NO!'

"Lola.."

"NO!..no.."

Fingers brushed the skin on my wrist and I jerked away, "DONT! don't touch me Absinthe."

His eyes narrowed, "I told you not to call me that."

"Why not?! its your name!"

"It hasn't been my name in thirty years Lola, its not my name anymore."

"T-thirty years?"

"Are you done crying yet? eat your fucking breakfast so we can leave."

I stared at the stove wide eyed and then back to the demon wearing the mask of a man, "...only if you tell me why you changed your name."

He stared at me for a long moment, a coldness in his eyes that i never really noticed before as he leaned toward me, "Bartering with a demon is a stupid thing little girl."

I gripped my fluffy pink shorts, working up the courage to look up at him defiantly, "I think you have already established that I'm stupid."

He chuckled, "fine, I'll tell you what why I changed my name if you eat and you never even bring up the topic of kicking me out again. its annoying seeing as I'm going to be here as long as I feel like."

That seems easy enough, "..okay."

He held out his hand and I placed my own in it, shocked to feel a prick of pain. "Good girl, a deal has been struck, start eating."

I picked up a bowl and scooped up some oatmeal, "uhm...what happens if I go back on the deal."

He smirked, "you die."

I dropped the spoon.

"Well actually you get sick and then die I think, no one has ever lived long enough to go back on their deal with me."

I gulped, "..so why the name change?"

"Oh that. Well I had to in order to become the old mans familiar didn't I? oh..you wouldn't know about that would you now Lola?"

"A familiar is a spirit usually in the form of an animal who assists those who practice magic."

He tisked, "and to think I was going to make you squirm on that one for a while. Well at least you're not totally incompetent."

my brows furrowed, how does a demon become a familiar"...wait don't they disappear when their master dies..grandpa mentioned that once when he was going on one of his stories about magic..."

Axel looked away from me, "eat Lola, less you get sick and die from bleeding out your eye sockets."

I stuffed the food into my mouth. "but.."

He peered at me.

"grandpa died..you should be gone."

"is that so?"

My eyes widened, "does that mean grandpa isn't really-"

His face fell, "no Lola..no thats not that what that means. Why would you even think that?"

I stared down at my food, "I-I just miss him."

Axel didn't say another word, he just sat there and watched me eat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204 43 11
"Who are you?" I demand. The boy in front of me replies, "That's not how this works, love." I freeze. That phrase. That voice. It can't be. I look...
1.1K 148 31
#45 in teenagegirl 12/30/19 #8 in teenagegirl 12/31/19 Zo Jones thought she had a normal, teenage life: she graduated high school and is now doing he...
266K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
5.4K 151 32
**WARNING: This book does have some dark themes to it that revolve around abuse, rape etc. So please do not read if these themes are triggers for you...