Just A Friend?

By ReadWriteLoveIt

Will I Always Be: Just A Friend? {Book 1} *** {Teen Fiction #1} Ashton Thompson is everything you'd... More

Copyright
Will I Always Be: Just A Friend?
British Vocabulary/ Terms & Slang Phrases
[1]: Bumps, Bruises, Best Friends & Bitches.
[2]: Fake Snow, New Girlfriends & NYE Kisses
[3]: Surprise Visits & Ticklish Moments.
[4]: Chick Flicks...Fantasy vs Reality
[5]: A Smack In The Face From Reality
[6]: Ben & Jerry Kisses
[7]: Family Interruptions & Friendly Spooning
[8]: Morning Glory & Hospital Visits
[9]: Plaster Casts, Play Dough & Prosecco
[10]: Broken Hearts & HOT New Students
[11]: Dinner Disturbances
[12]: Unexpected Messages & Butterfly Kisses
[13]: Pool Parties & Drunken Antics
[14]: Horrid Hangovers & Mysterious Marks
[15]: Flashback
[16]: Just Best Friends
[17]: Argument after Argument
[18]: WTF!!
[19]: Oh My God!
[20]: Mates & Dates
[21]: Setting Rumours Straight & Shocking Announcements
[22]: First Dates & Forbidden Kisses
[23]: Apologies & Confessions
[24]: Designs & Realisations
[25]: Secret Admirers & The End of a Tradition...well for one week!
[26]: A Tempted Moment
[27]: Tina Tantrums
[28]: Falling Out, Making Out & Damn Interruptions.
[29]: Smack
[30]: BFF Timeout!
[31]: Unhappy Birthday
[32]: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[33]: Tuesday, is just Mondays Ugly Sister
[34]: Lyd vs Ash - Again!
[35]: Well That Was Unexpected!
[36]: Just Like Magnets
[37]: F*** You Reality
[38]: Never Assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and Me!
[38]: Extra
[39]: The Third Wheel
[40]: Just Follow Your Heart
[41]: Emotional Issues
[42]: Mixed Signals
[43]: BF Make Up/ BF Break Up
[44]: TFIF (Thank Fuck It's Friday)
[45]: No Man's Land, A Bottle Of Vodka & A Bag Of Frozen Peas.
[46]: Drunken Tales & A Cold Wake Up Call.
[47]: These Are My Confessions
[47]: His Confessions (ASH BONUS)
[48]: Waterworks, Revelations & Flower Meanings
[49]: Bitches & Ex-Boyfriends
[50]: Drinking Games & R-Rated Kisses
[51]: New Boyfriends & Family Heartbreak
[52]:Revenge Is Sweet
[53]: XOXO
[54]: Fundraiser Planning
[55]: Come Find Me
[56]: Finally Found What I've Been Looking For
[57]: Popped Cherry Anyone?
[58]: I'll Be Watching You
[59]: Tattoo Reveal
[60]: But Who?
[61]: Faux Friends & Interrupted Kisses
[63]: 3 Words...8 Letters
[64]: One Line Or Two?
[64]: One Shot or Two? (ASH BONUS)
[65]: Young, Wild & Drunk
[66]: Birthday Shots & Horrid Hangovers
[67]: Surprise Surgery & Baby Plans
[68]: Pink Or Blue
[69]: Let The Countdown Begin
[69]: extra
[70]: Final Preparations & Moaning Puppets
[71]: The Fashion Show - Swimwear
[72]: The Fashion Show - Formal
[73]: The Fashion Show - The Boys
[74]: The Fashion Show - Casual Wear
[75]: The Fashion Show - Date Night
[76]: Fashion Show - Surprise!
[77]: Backstage Revelations
[78]: And The Internship Goes To...
[79]: Let The Celebrations Begin
[80]: After Party & Future Planning
[81]: The Calm Before The Storm
[82]: XOXO Revealed!
[83]: You Have The Right To Remain Silent
[84]: Breaking Free
[85]: Cocktails & Confessions
[86]: Friends Are The Family We Choose!
[87]: Sealed With A Kiss
[88]: Quality Time With Family & Friends!
[89 - Part 1]: Last 24 Hours...
[89 - Part 2]: Hugs & Kisses
[90 - Part 1]: His Forever Girl
[90 - Part 2]: It's Not Goodbye, It's Cya Later!
[The Epilogue]
[Full Cast List]

[62]: Birthday Shock!

367K 11.4K 3.2K
By ReadWriteLoveIt

**Lydia's Birthday Dress**

"Oh my god...my eyes...my eyes." Christina says shocked before spinning around to face the door.

"You have the world's worst timing Chris." I say glaring at her, my body pressed up against Ash's to hide what I could of my naked torso.

"For the love of god, put some clothes on would you." She says cursing me as she peaks over her shoulder.

"Hang on." I grumble picking Ash's top up off the floor as he buckles up his jeans. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you've taken my scan to the balloon shop yet to get the balloons ready for my gender reveal party next weekend."

"I spoke to them last week, all I have to do is go in on Friday with your scan and gender packet and then pick the box up on Saturday morning." I smile over at her as she rubs her almost five month baby bump.

"Okay thank you. Sorry to barge in again, I'm just trying to make sure everything is ready for it."

"You're not the one planning it Chris." I chuckle and she smiles.

"I know, but I've got ideas and I've told them to the girls and mum. I'm just really excited for it and I'm so glad Grace can make it as well."

"Me too, I've got a few games to give the girls as well that we can play. Definitely got one for making bets on the sex, date and weight." I grin before opening up one of the draws in my desk and pulling out a game packet I'd ordered offline.

"Oh these are brilliant, thanks Lyd. I'll leave them with you so I won't lose them."

"Okay." I say putting them back in my draw, which holds a number of other items for new niece or nephew.

"Again I'm sorry for interrupting you again. But there's these funny little inventions...I'm sure you've heard of them...they're called locks?" she says grinning at me before walking towards my door.

"Oh would you look at that, you've already got one. I suggest you use it next time because you've been lucky it's only me who's caught you partially undressed not dad or one of the boys." She says winking at me before shutting the door behind her.

I lock it and I hear her laughing on the other side, "Atta girl." She laughs again.

I slowly turn to face Ash who's been silent throughout our whole conversation; he's grinning away at me, lying down on my bed, his arms curled behind his head. "You look comfy." I say to him.

"I am, but I was much comfier before your sister walked in." he smirks at me which causes me to raise my eyebrow at him.

"Oh really." I reply before hitting play on my iTunes, allowing Jason Derulo's new album to blast out. I turn to face Ash again before pulling his t-shirt over my head and throwing it at him.

I slip onto my bed before repeating my actions of earlier and crawl between his thighs and rest myself over him. "Like this?" I whisper and he shakes his head.

"Like this." He replies huskily before lifting me up like I was a feather and allowing my thighs to straddle his; before crushing his lips to mine. We continued like we'd never been interrupted...

*~*~*~*

Today had been great, I'd taken in my designs to show Mrs Tudor and she'd loved them. She was really impressed with my final dress which was one of my surprise dresses. The whole room in class today was filled with clothing racks with girl's dresses on them or garment bags hiding and protecting outfits. All of mine were kept in garment bags; I didn't want anyone seeing what I'd made. Ayla had done the same; all of her outfits were hidden inside her garment bags. We weren't taking any risks of copying or sabotage.

I was still working on a couple of the introduction outfits but I still had two weeks to complete those.

"Ayla watch my stuff for me a second, I need to get everyone attention." I say and she nods.

I'd spoken with Mrs Tudor this morning about this idea and she agreed it would be a lovely way to start our show. I walked to the front of the class holding my folder of designs and turned down the music; which obviously got everyone's attention.

"Hey, can I get everyone's attention for five minutes please." I shout as a couple of girls kept talking.

I glanced around the room and saw that everyone was watching me.

"Okay so I'm not sure if you all know this but I've spoken with Mrs Tudor about our fashion show introduction and I've come up with a few designs that welcome our judging panel. I've designed five outfits for both the USA and France. My idea is for us to model them for the judges, a fun way to introduce the show and to introduce ourselves as well."

"So you want each of us to wear one of your designs?" Lola asks and I nod.

"There are ten designs here, and twenty girls. So I would duplicate the designs so we'd walk down in pairs. When we walk down the runway, the show announcer calls out our name, this way the judges can see what we look like in person as well as our pictures in our portfolios. It's the only chance they'd get to see us during the show as we'll be rushing around backstage after this."

"I love this idea Lydia. But how would we choose what to wear? And what are the choices?" Mel asks

"Well the only fair way I can think unless you all find something to wear without a fight is pull names out a hat. I'll hold up each design now so you can get a look at them, then I'll go through them again. If you'd like to model it hold your hand up and I'll add your name to the list. If there's more than two on one we'd have to figure something out or if you change your mind you can switch." I say and they all nod.

One by one I go through the designs, explaining briefly what they are. The first one for each country is a swimsuit. Followed by a onesie in each country's flag. Then I show them two casual outfits representing each country and the last design is a long gown. I'd based these on Disney princesses. Beauty and the Beast was based in France so I'd designed a gorgeous yellow dress representing Belle; and then for the USA I'd designed a beautiful mint green dress for The Princess and the Frog, as that was based in America.

Quite a few of the girls wanted the swimsuits and onesie's to begin with then changed their minds and wanted the princess dresses. Ayla put her hand up for the French swim suit and I'd put myself down for the USA bikini. There were a few bickers over who wanted to wear what but eventually we'd finalised which two models would be wearing what design.

I'd brought in some of the designs that I'd already made so the girls who had chosen the swimsuits, the onesie's and one of the casual outfits could try them on. A few adjustments were needed but nothing too big; I took measurements for everyone else to make sure they'd do the outfits justice. Tina had picked to model green princess and the frog gown.

"You're designs are amazing Lydia, I have to say. I'm very impressed." She says smiling as I measure her height and I nod back to her.

"Thank you. Now can you hold your arms out I need to measure your bust."

She was still sticking to this nice girl act of hers, not that we believed her for one second, especially after what we'd figured out about the frames and her involvement.

The rest of the afternoon I was sewing, cutting and measuring my arse off. I'd managed to complete the other USA bikini that Kelly would be wearing alongside me and the second French swimsuit that Katy would be wearing with Ayla. Ayla was writing out the name tags for me to attach to each design once it was finished so I knew which belonged to which model for the show.

"Are you looking forward to tonight?" Ayla asked as we tagged one of the casual outfits I'd already finished.

"I can't wait." I grin

"You got any idea what you're doing?"

"Not a clue."

"So what did he get you present wise?"

"Nothing yet he said he's waiting to give it to me later."

"I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow." She says grinning at me

"What are the plans for tomorrow?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I'm not telling you, you'll find out when you get there."

"Fine." I say huffing at her but a smile still on my face.

The girls had spoilt me today, they'd bought me a new best friend charm for my Pandora bracelet and bought me a new outfits which I was to wear tomorrow for their birthday surprise for me.

As we left at the end of the day pulling along our clothing racks and getting them down the stairs without dropping anything we came across another xoxo note.

*~*

Happy Birthday miss goodie two shoes!

Xoxo I'm still watching you.

*~*

Thankfully there were four other birthday's today, well that I knew of. Who knew that I shared my birthday with so many people in college? Not many people were paying attention to these xoxo notes anymore, you could tell. Majority of people were just walking over them not even bothering to pick them up and look; which was good news for me.

I said goodbye to Ayla as she reached her car whilst I rolled my clothing rack to where Ash was parked.

"You having a good birthday so far baby?" Ash whispers against my lips as I reach him.

"I am." I grin kissing him.

"Good...and it's only going to get better. So let's get all this in the car and dropped off at your house so we can get going."

"Okay." I grin before pulling him in for another kiss.

I was so happy; I loved this boy so much. I thought I loved him before we were together but now that we are I just seem to love him even more. And I knew it wouldn't be too long before I shared those feelings with him.

When we pulled up at my house I wasn't allowed out of the car, Ash quickly took my clothing rack and garment bags up to my room and returned holding my travel suitcase and another garment bag.

"What is that?" I ask but he doesn't answer me, he just winks and drives off.

"Ash just tell me where we're going."

"No. It's a surprise."

Forty minutes later we pull up outside a gorgeous hotel and spa. Once we were checked in and settling into our room I was informed that I had just over an hour to be ready for dinner.

"What? How am I meant to get ready in an hour." I ask and he laughs.

"Quickly." He winks at me before putting my suitcase onto our bed.

"Well I'm showering first." I say before stripping off and jumping into the shower.

I was interrupted halfway through by someone wanting to wash my back.

"I figured we could save water and shower together." Ash grinned at me.

"I doubt we'd conserve much water showering together by what's going through your mind." I giggle.

"You could be right there." He mumbled against my neck before kissing over my pulse that made my knees turn to jelly.

My quick shower wasn't that quick at all, thanks for my little interruption. I'd managed to find dry and curl my hair, and put on my make-up quicker than I thought; and it still looked great. I was searching through my suitcase for some underwear to put on when a little bag was held over my shoulder.

"What's this?" I ask plucking it off Ash's finger.

"Just something for my girl to wear tonight." He smiles cheekily at me.

I open the bag and inside was a gorgeous set of black lacy lingerie. "Happy birthday baby." Ash whispered down my ear before pressing a kiss at my temple.

"Thank you." I smile up at him before taking my new sexy undies and slipping them on in the bathroom.

I walked out of the room and Ash was half dressed. He was wearing his smart jeans and shoes, and his shirt was on but open. Damn he looked good.

I was currently perving on my boyfriend and didn't see him walk up to me. "Damn my girl looks good." He says huskily as his hands roam over my waist and rest on my behind.

"This merchandise is for looking and not touching before dinner." I wink at him before retuning back to my case for something to wear on top of this. Not finding anything I turn around and see Ash holding up the garment bag he'd brought from my house earlier.

"What's this?"

"A present." He says smiling before handing it over to me.

I hung it on the wardrobe and unzipped it, seeing a gorgeous black dress inside. Attached to the hanger was a card.

**Happy Birthday Lyd, enjoy your night. Love your boy's xxx**

My brothers had bought me this dress, it was really nice, I wonder if they chose it though.

"Grace picked up out for you before you ask." Ash says and I giggle.

"I was about to ask." I say slipping into it.

I was about to go looking for shoes when I was passed another box.

"You're just full of surprises tonight aren't you." I chuckle and he just winks at me.

"There's way more than this baby."

Inside the box was a new pair of shoes that matched my dress with another card inside.

**Happy Birthday Lyd, hope you're having a wonderful day. Love you. Chris and bump xxx**

I'd not seen anyone of my family today apart from Fin briefly this morning before he rushed off to work. Mum was on night shifts and dad had an early meeting. My birthday cards and presents were on the kitchen table along with a note that said that if I wanted I could open my gifts but if I could wait until tomorrow and open them with them there they'd appreciate it. So I waited. I didn't expect some of my gifts to come tonight.

"You look fucking gorgeous Lou. I'm actually speechless." Ash says as I spray on some of my favourite Flower Bomb perfume.

"Thanks Ash, you look as handsome as ever." I smile before kissing him.

"Thank you for all of this, I'd have been happy with our Friday tradition at your house."

"I know and that's why I love you." He says smiling down at me and I suck in a breath.

Did he just say what I think he did?

*~*~*~*~*

I'm just going to leave that there...haha

Thoughts and Feelings right now?

And I just want to go AHHHHHHH, this story has actually hit 1millions reads. I'm so freakin happy guys, thank you all so much for reading and all your love for this story. I never thought it would be this popular so thank you.

And as a thank you, I'll post the next chapter when I wake up in the morning :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784 60 31
In his fights to run away from his past, Bertrand Burke, son of a CEO, has his goals set and straight. He's back for his junior year in school. But W...
85.1K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
110K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
175K 8.1K 24
Luke is in love with his best friend, Ashton Irwin. He constantly finds himself getting stuck in situations where he feels exposed to his feelings an...