Imperfect

By Gabby__21

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they have some imper... More

Prolouge: Imperfect
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Ten

5.4K 212 16
By Gabby__21

Word Count: 7181

^Picture of Ethan Perez^

+_+_+_+

Xandria's Point of View

I lay my head on the soft pillow. I hadn't felt so comfortable on a bed in so long. The last time I had a comfy bed, or should I say crib, was when I was an infant. Yup, that's right, I've had the same crappy bed almost all my life. I've been sleeping on the same beat up mattress, with the same lumpy pillow, and surprisingly comfy comforter, for as long as I can remember. It wasn't the worst thing I could get, especially since some people don't even have beds, but I don't think even a homeless person would want my junk of a 'bed'. It's like sleeping on the floor, but with a comfy blanket on top! It's terrible.

Anyways, the bed I was currently sharing was a Queen, and left a lot of space between me and the jerk taking a shower. I could hear the water running and I used this time to think.

I go back to today's events as I play with the ends of my hair. I twirl my brown locks between my fingers as I think back to that rogue. How had it gotten in so easy? Was there more than one? What purpose did they have? To kill innocents for no reason? I don't think rogues are stupid enough to attack a strong pack like this one. Maybe they all just have death wishes.

Sighing, not being able to figure this out, I change my thoughts to something else; Hunter Thatch.

Why does something always mess up for us? How am I supposed to explain this to him? I know that I'm not ready to accept him, but I'm beginning to think that maybe getting to know him isn't so bad. It's not like I'm going to jump straight into bed with him, even though that time we slept in the same bed was one of the best sleeps of my life, I'm not that kind of girl. I just want to see if he's more than some rude Alpha, and become friends with him. Who knows? Maybe I'll grow to like him. Though, because of that incident with Ethan, I'm not even sure if he wants to see me anymore.

Why did Ethan have to come around when he did? Why is it that the moment I feel some happiness, it is torn away from me? Can I never truly find peace with my life?

I sure hope that's not the case. Especially with the thought of how my mother is probably waiting for the right time to attack. Whenever her presence is in the room with me, it's like I can feel her itch to hit me. I didn't even do anything, she just does it because she can.

Which is something I can never confess to anyone, especially Hunter. I can't tell him about my mother's abuse. She may be a horrid person but she's the last chance I have of ever having family. Hunter's wolf would kill her himself without a second thought. As much as I hate her, a small part of me needed her. Even if I may never be happy with her, she could also be the chance I have of finding my father. Maybe if I explain that I'm human he'll care for me unlike my mother.

I made promise before I fell asleep that I would find out who my father was. He might be my only other chance I get at having a real family.

~

Sometime in the night Ethan had come out of the restroom. He laid beside me on the bed and thankfully slept far from me. He didn't touch me and I didn't touch him. I liked that

I had to, though I didn't want to, wake up from my sweet dreams that next morning. I lift my head from the pillow to look directly into the brown eyes of Ethan. I jump back, my eyes widening when I nearly fall off the bed. I caught onto the headrest, pulling myself up to sit upright.

I glare at the serious Ethan. He wore no expression, nor any emotion in his eyes. He looked like a statue to me.

"You can stop staring like that. I'm not going to attack you," he says, raising himself up as well. He sat up on the bed looking at me as we both crossed our legs. "Why do you resist me so much? What did that guy from yesterday mean to you?" he asks. This time his eyes did hold an emotion; hurt.

I didn't want someone to feel hurt because of me, but he's one of the reasons why Hunter and I are pushing each other away. I'd give anything to have Hunter laying in this bed next to me instead of stupid Ethan Perez. Though, another part of me would also rather have Dylan O'Brien laying in this bed next to me. Any hot actor will do.

"There's more to the story than you think," I say with a sigh.

"Then explain it to me," he says, and I can tell he's doing his best to underhand me. Sorry Ethan, but I'm one tough girl to understand.

When I don't respond, he lets out a sigh, and gets up from the bed. He looks away from me as he walks into the restroom. I got up as well going to the closet to change. It was getting slightly cooler with the spring air today so I wore a hoodie over my tank top and black jeans. The bandages on my arm were going to get a lot of attention if I didn't cover them. Pulling on my converse, I make my way downstairs to grab an apple from the kitchen.

As I walk down the hallway I nearly crash into a distracted Danielle. My body lurched back, but she caught onto my elbow before I could fall. I have her a grateful smile.

"Oh sorry!" she apologizes in her sweet French accent. She steps to the side, but before she walks off, as if a thought came to her mind, she asks me, "do you happen to know the Alpha of this pack?"

I look at her with a both confused and nervous expression. Confused because she was only supposed to be visiting and didn't have a reason to see him. I was nervous as well because with her model like figure she could get any guy; especially Hunter. I pang of jealously hit my heart, but I was forced to ignore it as I answered Danielle.

"Yes I do know Hu-Alpha Hunter," I correct myself. I can't let stuff like that slip or people are going to think I'm disrespecting him or something. No one but the higher ranks and his family call him Hunter.

"Oh well, could you tell me where he'd be at this time of day? I heard that he is quite the catch and I'd love to see for myself," she says with a sweet giggle. I roll my eyes when she looks down at her high heels. This skank is not going anywhere near him.

"He will be at school actually and since you're already done, I'm afraid you'll miss your chance for today," I answer as politely as I can. I try not to make my words sound rude and I nearly fail when I thought about her flirting with my Hunter.

Oh my Goddess, did I just call Hunter mine? No way! No how! I will not let this mate pull mess up with my brain. Hunter was not mine, and I shouldn't care who he talks to.

"Oh," she says disappointedly. A sudden idea came to her head and without another word, she walks off with a grin and a silent hum of a song. I roll my eyes once again, and continue my walk towards the kitchen.

Scratch that my mothers in there. Guess I won't eat this morning, I thought as I kept heading for the door. I heard Ethan call my name and was slightly confused.

"Hold it right there young lady, I will be driving you to school today," he calls from the front door. I stop at the driveway as he runs back inside. He came back seconds later with two apples, a banana and a granola bar. "Here you are," he handed me one of the the apples, the banana and the granola bar.

"Why are you giving me all this?" I ask. I held the food in my hands not exactly sure what to do with them. This was an awful lot for the morning.

"Because you, my dear, are about as skinny as a stick and will need more food in that belly of yours if you are going to be Luna of my pack," he says sweetly. His accent didn't really suit him that well, it was more for his sisters character not his. He looked more American to me.

Ethan led me to a sleek black car and I wondered where it had come from.

"I had it brought over when we were on our flight here," Ethan answers my silent question. I nod my head, getting into the car. Ethan sighs  contently as he begins our drive. He even tried to grab my hand, thinking that I'd allow him to. No, instead I pull my hand away, and tuck them both into my hoodie pocket.

"Why must you be so difficult?" he asks quietly. It sounded more like he was talking to himself. I answer regardless.

"Why must you exist?" I snap. Frustrated, I huff air out and wait for the car ride to be over.

Ethan was quiet the whole rest of the ride to school and I was very happy for that. As we pulled up into the school I was quick to jump out unnoticed and walk towards the building. I heard Ethan call out my name and as he did Hunter looks up from his group of friends. His eyes were void of emotion as he looked between Ethan and I. I did the first and only thing I could do, I ran. I didn't look back at either as tears invaded my eyes.

I didn't know why I was crying, I just couldn't control myself. Seeing Hunter so emotionless never bothered me before, but for some reason it hurt this time.

"Xandria! Xandria!" I hear Ethan call. Finally, fed up I stop in the middle of the crowded hallways. I turn myself around on the heel of my foot and face Ethan with a fierce glare.

"Would you just fuck off already!" I snap. Gasps were heard from behind me. I turn slightly around to find my friends with shocked faces and mouths hanging open.

"She didn't just?"

"Say what I think she said?"

"Oh Goddess, she did!"

Dylan, Gaby and Kendall say all after each other. I roll my eyes staring back at the fuming Ethan.

"I am an Alpha, but more importantly your future Alpha. So I suggest you shut that little mouth of yours before I do something we will both regret," Ethan growls, his eyes were pitch black.

Something about him being angry didn't affect me. I stood my ground and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not going to apologize if that's what you want me to do. I'm sick and tired of you acting like I'm your little girlfriend, I don't even like you," I say calmly yet I could hear my voice faltering with anger towards the end. Ethan growls, taking a step forward.

"I suggest you take a step back before I make you," I hear a voice growl, overpowering Ethan's. I turn to looked behind me at an also angry Hunter. He steps in front of me in a protective way, blocking Ethan from my view. By now the hallways have cleared and it was only us three.

Ethan roars loudly, "she is mine. Give me back my property."

I grit my teeth at the words he used. I was not a thing, nor was I his property. I don't belong to anyone, especially not him.

"She is mine! Only mine, not yours. You little motherfucker better stay away from her or else I will make sure your ass goes back to France in a doggy bag," Hunter growls out. He was beginning to shake and Ethan took a small step of a fraction backwards. I knew that I was one of the only people who could control his wolf from releasing itself but I couldn't find myself to be confronted afterwards either. Instead I left the two fuming Alpha's and walked to my first class; English.

I was glad that everyone in the hallway has cleared out before they could hear Hunter call me his; that would have caused a lot of suspicion.

Maybe some Shakespeare will take away the stress and weight against my shoulders. Why did I have to be the girl with two Alpha's fighting over her? I thought one was bad enough, but two?! That's too much power for one girl to handle.

As I walked in, my teacher, surprisingly, did not comment on the fact that I was late. He threw me a glare, but didn't say anything otherwise. I sat down at the back of the class, away from everyone. I seriously just needed some time to myself.

I've realized now that I haven't been able to have an privacy anymore. Since Ethan and Danielle are taking over my home I can't go back there and in the pack house people are everywhere.

Sighing, I open up my notebook and begin to scribble down the notes Mr Jackson has projected on the board. We had just finished readying the story The Five People You Meet In Heaven. It was a very interesting book, and it always had me thinking who I would meet in heaven. What five people have affected my life so much that I would meet them in heaven? Of course, they have to be good affects, so my mother was completely out of the picture.

The more I thought, the less people I could think of. I had not a single person that would suit the category of affecting me in a good way. Something powerful that changed my life. I mean, I know for sure that Dylan and Gaby would be two, but I couldn't think of three others. No one.

I couldn't help but feel sad about that. I mean, i love my friends, but I was hoping someone blood related would come to mind. I didn't know much about my family. I haven't met any of them before, so there wasn't much to go off of. My mother kept me hidden from them, as I assume that is because they all hate her.

Getting pulled from my thoughts by a vibrating in my pocket, I pull out my phone. I looked down at the notification and didn't do anything about it.

I had a miss call from Ethan. My mother had given him my number and sadly I wasn't allowed to block it. I also had a missed call from Hunter. I hadn't expected Hunter to call me, especially since I didn't even know he had my number. The little bastard must have got into my phone and put it in.

I didn't have the motivation to call them back and deal with what they had to say, so I just put my phone on no disruptions for the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I also did not see either boys for the rest of the day, and I contented walked out of school when the finally bell rang. I didn't feel like going home, so I decided to go for a walk in the nearby town.

As I walked past people, I looked up to see a pharmacy sign. Oh yeah, I still had to get that medicine. My eye, though healed, still gave me pain. Maybe it was bruised internally.

I walk in, heading to the counter where a lady, that looked as though she was forced to be here, greeted me with a fake smile.

"What can I get you, hun?" she asks, looking me over for any injuries.

"Something to put on my eye. I had a black eye, and it's healed, but I can still feel pain," I say. She nods her head, turning to look at the shelves and shelves of pills and lotions.

"Here you are, this should make the pain go away real quick," she says, handing me a purple container. I open it and immediately was hit with the smell of oranges. When I look down at it I find it to be a white cream.

"Anything else?" she asks.

"Yes, I need Advil too, please," I add with a smile.

Nodding, she grabs me a container of Advil as well. I pay for the medicine, and bid her good evening. She looked surprised to hear such a farewell, which proved my point that she was forced to be here. Obviously she hated her job.

Once outside, I start my trek towards the opening into the forest again. As I walk by a bakery, my phone goes off surprising me and a few people around me. This town is very quiet for some reason and sometimes sudden noises can surprise everyone.

My screen reads that it is Hunter. Thank the Goddess for that, I really didn't want to speak with Ethan. Maybe Hunter is calling to tell me that he killed Ethan. Which, was harsh, but I think I could live with. Or maybe he was calling to reject me. Perhaps Ethan told him I was going to marry him and make up lies that I love him.

I would really want him dead if he said that.

"Hello?" I ask in a whispered voice. I don't know why I'm speaking so low, maybe it because I can already guess what he's going to say.

It'll probably be along the lines of, 'sorry but I found someone much more worthy of me. She's got the confidence you lack and the beauty tens of times better then yours.'

"Hello? Xandria is that you?" a voice asks. It's not Hunter and that worries me. Is he making someone else tell me?

"Y-yes it is. W-who is asking?" I stutter nervously.

"Hey no need to be worried, well at least not now," he says, and I suck in a breath, "you see Alpha Hunter, he's pretty upset. I'm not sure what's had him in such a sucky mood. Chace told me that you were one of the only people who could help him, so could you please come over? I'm not asking for some crazy witchcraft, just if you could come and get him in a happier mood?" the random guy asks. Why did Chace tell him to call me? Why not just call me himself? Actually, why was I the only one who could help this sad Hunter? Why not get him a cake or something?

"Well, actually-," I start, but he cuts me off in a pleading voice.

"Please, he really needs some cheering up. Chace has been dragging every girl he can find into his room, but-," I cut him off.

"Fine, I'll be there," I say with a frustrated sigh. As much as I hate the fact that Hunter has been with other girls, maybe if I let him reject me officially he'll be more willing to be happy with some other girl. I hung up on the guy before he could make my mood even worse.

And so I made my way into the valley of trees, and once again I found myself at the pack house, though this time without Hunter next to me. I sent Ethan a text telling him I was out with some of my girl friends. He didn't ask anymore questions and so I was free to make my way over here without him bombarding me with his presence.

When I arrive, I notice someone just standing by the door. At the entrance of the house, by himself might I add, stood Chace.

"Why didn't you just call me yourself?" I ask him. He was silent from a moment, while I stood before him. He didn't answer my question, just stared at me for a few minutes.

"Because I knew that you wouldn't have come if I called you. You'd probably think that I was making it up because Hunter told me to call you," he says. Hmm, I suppose some of that was true. Though, I didn't guess that it was Hunter who told him to call me, I still probably wouldn't have believed him.

Like seriously, what brother would call to tell the other person that their brother was upset. Especially since that brother happens to be an Alpha. I suppose that I came only because I was curious as to what Chace had to tell me as well as what Hunter was really doing right now.

"You're right," I say, "but if you don't tell me why I'm here, I might just leave," I also add, looking him in the face seriously. Chace got straight to the point after that. He invited me in and took me up the stairs as he spoke.

"Hunter hasn't been exactly himself today. He left school early, and is in such a crappy mood that he's locked himself up in his office for who knows how many hours. I'm starting to get worried because honestly the only person that went in there was Mariah Neil, but she just came out upset and in tears. I'm not sure what's got him like this, but I've got a feeling that only his mate could make him this sad. I'm not saying that you're his mate, but I have seen the way he looks at you. Please Dria, if you can do something, do it," he pleads. I bite my lip in thought. Was I really about the help the guy who hasn't done anything for me?

I kept repeating that question over and over until, "oh what the hell, I might as well get this over with," I say to myself aloud. Chace shot me a confused look, but I just nod my head and head over to Hunter's office. Chace had told me which way to go and so he left me to make up my mind. 

I reach the large oak doors of the office. I press my ear to the door just checking if I was interrupting something. The last time I opened a random door, my mate was sucking the soul out of Mariah Neil with his lips on hers. It was not a pretty sight.

Hearing no noise but a single heart beat, I turn the knob. I knew that I was intruding, but I doubted that Hunter would have answered if I didn't just walk in.

"I thought I told you, I do not want anyone disrupting me!" his gruff voice shouts. It sounded hoarse, but still held a strong command in it. I step back for a moment, taking a deep breath before showing myself. I could see the shock evident in Hunter's eyes; he didn't try to hide it. That was a surprise.

I look away from his intense gaze to the large window behind his desk and chair. The forest was in full view. The sun shining made the scenery so much more like a picture. It looked almost fake, yet still captivates so much life. Hunter follows my gaze to the window as he stood up.

I glare at the back of his head when he blocks the beautiful view. He shut the blinds, leaving me waiting until I could see that scenery once more. I wanted so badly to just rip the curtains open to look out those windows. I could do it all day if I had the chance. I could imagine myself sitting on the window sill, looking off at the clouds and watching as the wolves of the pack ran in and out the forest. It was truly a natural beauty right in Hunter's backyard.

A throat cleared in the back, drawing me from my thoughts. Hunter stood as still as a statue. His eyes followed my every move; much like the Mona Lisa. His body portrayed he was still, but his eyes gazed at me with life.

"Why are you here?" he ponders. Curiosity hidden in his eyes.

"I got a call actually, telling me that you've been acting rather sluggish. I suppose I wanted to come see for myself if it was true or not," I answer politely. I didn't want to snap any nerves, especially with the hidden anger I'm sure he has inside of him. He may not be using it, but I know it's there.

"And?" he ponders, raising a curious eyebrow at me.

"I'm not sure yet, really. I guess, I also needed to do some explaining as well. You did catch me at a rather bad time when we last met," I say, looking once again around the office. This time my eyes landing on the bookcase with a few photos here and there. Pictures of Hunter as a kid with his parents filled the shelves. It brought a form of family happiness to his dull office. Yes, the sun helped brighten the room, but it was the things he places in here that make it seem more alive.

"Yes, well maybe I don't want to hear you explain yourself. That bastard seems to grab your attention much more than I do," he snaps. His beautiful brown eyes getting darker by the minute. I step forward, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. The contact sent sparks flying up my arm and also helped Hunter to calm down. Who would have guessed that such a simple gesture could make two people feel so complete.

I take my hand away right after, feeling uncomfortable now that I'm about to tell Hunter the truth. I don't know how he will take it. I'm already hard to be around as it is, I'm not sure if he'll handle this any better.

"Right, so I'm going to tell you the truth. Though, I must warn you that there is some things that I just...can't tell you about. I am, however, going to tell you why Ethan is really here," I explain. I didn't look at him as I spoke, instead I ran my hand over the smooth leather material of his chair.

"And how do I know that it's the truth?" he asks, with a slight clear of his threat. I will admit that it did break my heart a little bit that my own mate didn't trust me. But then again I haven't really given him an opportunity for him to trust me.

Looking up to meet his eyes, I whisper, "you just have to trust me."

And he did, I suppose. Hunter lead me over to the couch he had off to the right. He sat me down on the comfy leather, then sat on the coffee table so he could face me. He made me feel like I was on trial with the stern gaze he had on me. He probably thought I was going to make a run for it or something.

"Well, umm, to start off thank you for the new door," I say. I honestly didn't even notice the new door until I saw it when I walked downstairs this morning. I still can't believe he punched a hole through it. It's strange to think how Hunter was in my house only a few hours before I met Ethan.

"You're stalling," Hunter says blandly. I almost laugh, okay maybe I did laugh nervously a tad bit. "Seriously, Xandria you have got to stop it and tell me the truth. I am only giving a limited amount of time," he complains, tapping his wrist in an annoyed way. I cross my arms over my shoulder and huff. He wasn't even wearing a watch, so how does he even know what time it is?

"Well I'm sorry that I'm wasting your time. Perhaps I should just get to the point then?"

"Exactly! That's what I've been saying," he says with a sigh in relief. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Fine then, well here it is. As you already know my mother went on a trip to France this weekend, and you also know that she brought a few guests as well," I mutter the last part because of the growl that emanated from Hunter's chest. I could see the table vibrating with his growing anger, so I decided to wait until he calms down a bit.

"You may proceed," he says. He's acting like this is some business meeting. Like seriously man lighten up a bit.

"I didn't ask for your permission, but I'll continue anyways," I say, waving my hand in dismiss when he is about to respond. He slumps back with a quiet growl to himself. "Anyways, my mother thinks that she can run my life, so she made a life changing decision for me," I pause. Hunter leans a bit in his seat to hear. "She arranged a marriage between Ethan and I."

That's when all hell broke loose.

I'm not kidding either, Hunter literally got up, ran over to his desk, and flipped it. I had to jump from my seat to avoid debris from hitting me. Hunter's eyes were pitch black now and I'm sure that he's struggling to keep his wolf in.

"Hunter, you need to calm down," I found myself saying. I realize now that, even if he or I won't say it, we mean an awful lot to each other emotionally. It's a lot worse for Hunter, only because he had a wolf inside that made a strong connection to some part of me. Obviously Ethan being my fiancée and not his pisses him off.

"He," growls, "is," growls, "not going to take what's mine," and he ends it off with a series of growls. He starts going around his office, destroying everything in sight. I knew that if I didn't stop him, he could end up getting out and hurting one of his pack members without realizing it. He would seriously regret that later.

"Hunter, please," I beg, following him from behind. He turns at the sound of my voice. His shoulders are tense and his breathing is heavy. "You need to calm down. Even if it's not for me, please do it for the pack. I don't want you to do something you'll regret later," I say softly. I extend my arm out slowly. His eyes are locked onto mine, while my right hand reaches out to his. I place my hand in his, feeling the instant warmth and comfort he gives me. I look down at our hands together and try to smile, though it doesn't reach my eyes.

I sense the mood change as he relaxes into my touch. This time the smile did reach my eyes.

"Let's continue?" I offer. He clears his throat, nodding. With our hands still intertwined, Hunter leads me to the couch to the side of the the office once again. Releasing my hand from his, much to my dismay, I sit down. He goes back to his spot on the coffee table with slumped shoulders.

"Right, so when my mother told me this news I was very disappointed and angry. I mean, my own mother didn't even believe that I had a mate, just because I wasn't a wolf," I pause. I know that I'm leaving a huge part of her abuse out, but I guess I'm just not ready to tell him. I saw how he got with Ethan, but if he found out that it was all my mother's fault, he'd break a lot more than a desk.

"Look Hunter," I sigh, "I know that I may seem like I'm pushing you away half the time, but there is a reason for it. I come with an awful lot of baggage and I'm afraid that you won't want someone as broken as me. There's still a lot of my past that you don't know about and I can't find it in myself to tell you that story; yet. Maybe it's because we don't have that much of a relationship, but I do know that when I trust you enough, I'll tell you it all. I promise."

Hunter nods his head a few times while he thinks. "Alright, I understand that because we haven't really gotten to know each other that you don't feel comfortable with me yet. But listen here Xandria, I will protect you. Do not underestimate me," he says firmly. It's funny how I know that if I really wanted him to, I could have him kill off every last person who did me wrong, but yet here I am not wanting to tell him any of it.

"Now on the case about the French fucker, I will deal with it," he growls. I jump back a little in my seat by the sudden roughness in his tone.

"I should get going," I trail off, biting my lip. I really didn't want to go and sleep in the same room as Ethan. Maybe if I told Hunter, he'd let me stay in a room here. It's worth a shot.

"Alright then, I'll let you out," he says getting up from his seat. Damn, how am I supposed to tell him now?

"Erm...yeah," I whisper, still biting my lip. I'm probably going to end up biting it completely off.

"Is there something the matter?" he asks. I look up at his concerned eyes. I shake my head slowly, but also nod it somehow. "What is it?"

"Well, at my house my mother is sort of forcing me to sleep in the same room as Ethan. Also, when I say room I also mean bed and I just really don't feel comfortable in there with him. I was just wondering if maybe I could stay-," I was cut off.

"Say no more, you can stay here for as long as you want," he says through gritted teeth. I think I also heard a small mumble from him sounding a lot like, 'and by that I mean you're mine'. But I could also have heard it wrong.

With a very tense back, Hunter grabs my hand and leads me to another section of the pack house. I let him grab my hand because I can tell that he's already stressed enough as it is for me and the pack. As much as I am annoyed with Hunter seventy percent of the time, he is still the Alpha and has to deal with a lot of problems throughout the day.

Not the mention that the rogue sighting have been getting worse. I heard some wolves talking at school about how the warriors have to be on constant patrol to keep them out.

Actually, now that I think about it, Hunter has been canoodling with a nasty wolf himself.

"I heard that you had a little bit of fun while we were not speaking," I say casually. Hunter stops, furrowing his eyesbrows. Suddenly, almost like rockets, they shoot up and he freezes. "Hope it helped you calm down," I sneer, completely ruining the moment we once had. I walk past him towards the bedroom door in front of us. The room is plain with only a bed and a dresser. It was a lot like my room, only this bed looked a lot bigger than mine. It was a queen bed and looked so comfy. It wasn't until now that I realized how tired I really was.

I run to the bed and let the comforter embrace me. Before I fall asleep, I hear the voice of Hunter.

"We'll talk tomorrow," he says.

We sure will mister, you've got some explaining to do!

~

I woke in a bit of rush that next morning. First of all, I had the biggest shock of my life when I realized I wasn't in my home. After a while though, I did end up remembering where I was.

It was about five o'clock in the morning and there was no way I could go back to sleep. You see, I had a nightmare from that time I got lost in the woods. That rogue was going to kill me, and I kept going back to how weak I had been. I was hopeless in a fight.

I was now sitting in the kitchen with a bowl of Fruit Loops in front of me. Hunter watches me from the counter that he leans against; sipping on his coffee while he does so. I will admit that it is getting a little creepy and so I finish as much as I can. Hunter practically forced me to have cereal instead of my normal apple and granola bar. That is probably why he's guarding me like a fox while I eat. 

"Come, we can talk privately in my bedroom," Hunter says; setting his mug into the sink. I do the same with my dishes and follow him upstairs. I realized now that I have been wearing the same clothes from yesterday and this shirt is getting rather uncomfortable.

"Erm, Hunter?" I ask; tapping his shoulder. He turns to look at me up and down for any signs of harm. "Do you think I could borrow a shirt? This one is getting kind of annoying, but you know you don't have to-," I was cut off.

"No it's fine. You can borrow one of mine," he states as we enter his room. The room was large with two glass mirrors at the very end of the room; they most likely lead to the balcony. Unless of course it was just some random doors placed there in case someone wants to jump out. Which I doubt, so I'm going to stick with the idea of there being a balcony there.

Aside from the golden doors, to the right side lies a King sized bed. The bed was tidy and neat. Actually, the whole room was. There was not a speck of dust to be seen. Hunter sure did keep his room clean. I had expected to at least see some clothes lying around.

Hunter led me to the left side, where a television and a large black leather couch were. The television was attached to the wall and was a metre taller then the height of the couch. I think it was so you could watch it from the bed.

Hunter steps into his closet while I sit on the couch. He comes out a few seconds later with a blue shirt. He tosses it onto my lap and points in the direction of the en suite. Thanking him, I walk over to it and quickly change.

When I came out, we sat down next to each other on the couch. I turn my body so I could get a more comfortable and still see Hunter. I had both my feet on the ground because I found it rude to put my feet up on his couch. My mother never let me do it at home, so it became a habit. Though it is a rather uncomfortable habit because my legs hang awkwardly to my side, while my body faces Hunter. He notices my struggling with curious and confused eyes.

"What on earth are you doing?" he asks. I look up at him as if I had been caught from sneaking a cookie from the jar. I shrug my shoulders and stay still until he speaks again. "You look very uncomfortable. You should put your feet up," he suggests. I shake my head.

"I'm fine," I reply politely. Hunter nods and clears his throat. There is a tense silence in the air now. I realize that we do still have to talk about the tranny that payed him a visit while I he was avoiding me.

"So, Hunter," I start, "what have you been up to?" I ask calmly. I decided to start off with a simple question. I know that last night I asked about the girl, but since I had gotten tired we weren't able to talk about it.

"It had been uneventful. I am always in my office. I rarely leave and did most of the pack work. How about you?" he answers blandly. I nod my head; my mind was more preoccupied on two things. One, was his whore, and two, why was his shirt so damn comfy? Like seriously, what material was this shirt made from? The clouds of heaven?

"Oh, well I didn't do much. I went to town and that was about it," I shrug. Hunter seems interested now and so he asked,

"Why were you in town?" he asks, like I just gave him the gossip of the century. He was too excited about this.

"I just like the human company," I reply causally. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't pleased with my answer.

He looked at me with a serious look and shook his head. "That is not why you were there. Tell me the truth," he says. He was one hundred percent serious, so I sighed and gave in.

"I needed to clear my head after everything that happened that morning. You certainly got something out of it," I mumble the last part to myself. I knew that by the hard expression on is face that he heard me and knew exactly as to what, or who, I was referring to.

"Right, let's get started from the beginning," Hunter says; his voice a raising a fraction of a bit higher then his usual masculine voice. I throw my hands over my mouth to hold back a laugh at the the fact that the Alpha is nervous right now. I never thought I was see the day. Who would have guessed that all you needed to scare an Alpha was to be his mate?

I surely didn't, but I'm glad to know now.

+_+_+_+

Hey guys, long time!

Who's glad that Xandria and Hunter are on speaking terms?

I know I am!

Also, the reason this update took so long was because I just started high school so I've been trying to get used to that new environment.

If you guys have any tips, I'd love to hear them. Even though I'm already soooo popular *bows* *dust off shoulders* *falls*

Yeah so anyways, I'll be sure to try and get my next update in soon.

I made the edit above and will be making more:)

Vote & Comment.

Edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
3.9M 144K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...
756K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
26.8K 1.3K 13
"Help us, please." Smirking in entertainment, I crouch in front of them. Their heads hanging loosely, as if they couldn't hold their heads up. "Giv...