Something Like Fate [WattyA...

By jonasfan14

Take the Payne is a popular boy band and Kaylee Williams is their biggest fan. All of her dreams come true w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12

Chapter 11

105 3 1
By jonasfan14

Kaylee’s POV

“Kaylee!  That shirt looks fine!”  I sighed and sat down on my bed beside Brooke.  She was losing her patience with me.  We had been trying to find myself something to wear for the past hour.

“I don’t know, B.”  I said to her.  I was tugging at the material on the shirt, trying to make it look okay.  “I don’t even know why I bought this shirt, I hate it!”  I took it off and threw it on the pile of other clothes that was scattered all over my floor and bed.  “Allie shouldn’t have invited them.”

Kevin and Josh probably had much better things to do then go to a stupid house party.  I mean, they live in LA!  They go to Hollywood parties all the time, this is going to seem lame and amateur to them.

“Kaylee, they said yes.  That’s a good thing!”  Brooke got up to search through my closet again.  She emerged moments later holding something shiny and purple.  She threw it at me and I caught it, holding it up to see what it was.

“I remember this!”  It was a dress that I bought ages ago, but never did end up wearing.  “But it will definitely be too small.”

“Just try it on.”  The dress was strapless and it went to about mid thigh.  It was a deep purple colour with silver threads woven throughout the material, making it shine when the light hit it.

“I can’t wear this!  I look-”

“You look hot!  Now come on, let’s do your hair.”  Brooke dragged me into my bathroom and sat me down on a stool.  She began curling my hair.  One hour later, it was 8:30 and my hair and makeup was done.  It didn’t even look like me.

Brooke had on a loose fitting black tank top and short jean shorts.  We were both wearing black heels.

“You girls ready?” shouted Zac from downstairs.  Since Anthony was going, Zac was going too.  Which would suck royally, but there is nothing I can do about it.  We were all driving together and my brother was anxious to get going.

“No way am I letting you out like that!” my brother practically shouted at me when he saw what I was wearing.

“Oh shut it Zac!  I can wear what I want!”

“I think she looks hot,” Anthony said, earning a playful slap in the arm from Brooke and a heavy punch in the shoulder from my brother.

“Don’t talk about my sister like that!”  He was still in shock at him and Brooke, but there was nothing he could do about that.

“Let’s get going then.”  I rushed out of the house before Zac could protest. 

We reached the house and the party was in full swing.  Zac was off to find a girl before I was even out of the car.  Anthony and Brooke got out of the car and my original plan was to follow them, but I decided against it.  Brooke is a flirty drunk, and if Anthony was there...man let’s just say I’m glad that I won’t be. 

I walked up to the porch and around the back, looking for the drinks.  For a moment, I wondered if Josh was here yet.  He probably isn’t.  They both are probably not here.  I don’t think they would actually come tonight anyways.  I mean, they are rock stars, and well this is definitely not a party that rock stars would want to attend.

After I grabbed a drink, I wandered through the house, looking for people I know.  The truth is, I actually know most of these people but I wasn’t really in the mood to socialize.

I sat down on one of the couches, I decided that if people wanted to talk to me then they could come over and talk to me, but if not, well I didn’t really feel like moving.  I let my mind wander back to the previous days events.

After we left the cafe, Me, Josh and Kevin headed out towards the beach.  “So, is there anything exciting to do around here?” Asked Kevin.  Oh sure, there was lots of fun stuff to do around here.  We spent the rest of the day exploring the shops and looking for different, more private beaches.

It had been a truly great day.  At first, I was nervous, but just like the day before, it was so easy to talk to Josh.  Kevin was hilarious.  We were joking around and laughing all day.  Before we knew it, the sun was setting.  The dropped me off at the Cafe where I had left my bike.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to drive you home?  There is plenty of room for your bike in the trunk.”  Josh was so sweet, and he was nervous about me getting home.

“I’m fine, but thanks!”

“Positive?”asked Kevin.

“As much as I trust you guys,” I said to them, “I still don’t think we know each other well enough for me to show you my house.  Rock stars or not.”  I winked at them and Josh cracked a grin at me.

I started riding off but before I was out of earshot, I heard Josh mutter, “soon though.”

I was just beginning to think that the Payne brothers wouldn’t show up when lo and behold, there they were.  I couldn’t believe it, they actually showed up.  I suddenly got very nervous, what if people spotted them?  What if they didn’t want to see me?

I saw Kevin point at me and wave before he said something to Josh and then made his way to the other room.

“Hey, can I sit here?” Josh asked, nodding towards the seat beside me.  I nodded, then he smiled and sat down.  Josh was wearing khaki shorts and a black t-shirt.  He also had a grey beanie on his head.  I became very curious as to why he was always wearing a hat.  I mean, sure people wear hats all the time, but apart from that day on the beach I don’t think I have ever seen him without a hat on his head.  Even in pictures and at his concert he wears one.

“So how have you been?” he asked me, still smiling.  That boy always has a smile on his face.  But in pictures and videos his face usually shows no emotion, or it looks like he’s brooding.  I realized that I probably don’t know Josh at all.  I mean, I thought I did, but he’s so different than what the magazines say.

“Oh you know, same old same old.”  I didn’t want to say anything that might reveal how I actually have been.  As soon as I got home last night, I went straight to my room and just layed on my bed, letting my mind wander.  What if Josh was here for the whole summer and we actually hung out.  My mind was full of what ifs.  And, what if he actually showed up to the party, then that would be freaking amazing.

Now, here I am, sitting on a couch at the party, beside Josh Payne.  “How was your day?” I asked.  I was trying to make conversation, I hate awkward silences.

Josh’s face lit up, “I am actually in the process of writing a new song.” 

“Wow, really?”  I was so excited, that means that soon I will get to hear a new song on the radio. 

“Yeah, this summer was supposed to be our vacation before we have to start up work again, but now our manager is telling us that we need to come up with a bunch of new songs while we are here.  It’s going to be hell.”

“You don’t like writing songs?” I asked him, a bit confused.  I had always thought that writing songs was easy for them, I know how easy it is for me and I’m not even famous.  Before I could stop myself, I found myself saying, “I love it, it’s such a stress reliever!”

Josh looked like he didn’t understand what I had just told him, “You write?”

Then I realized what I said and found myself blushing like crazy, “Yeah,” I said quietly, looking down.  I don’t know why I told him that, it’s not like I was looking for attention, and I don’t usually tell randoms about my writing songs.  Usually just friends and family know.

“Do you sing too?” 

“Yes.”

“Are you any good?”  Why does he keep asking me all these questions?  I so shouldn’t have told Josh about this.  God its so embarrassing.

“I don’t know, I guess.  Some people say I am.”

“That’s brilliant!”  then we just sat there in silence.  I kept trying to think of things to talk about, but my mind was blank.  I just looked down at my hands, playing with my nails.  I stole a few glances at Josh, and every time I did, he was looking at me, so I looked back down.

“Wanna get out of here?” he asked me.

“You just got here though,” I told him.  I knew he would think this party is lame.  Allie is so going to get it tomorrow for inviting him.

“Yeah, well I’ve never really been one for parties anyways.  That’s more my brother.”

“Well then why did you want to come here?” I asked, still not understanding.  I mean, if he didn’t like parties, then why would he come tonight?  And especially if he has been to a Hollywood party, this would seem like a kids party in comparison.

Josh took a moment to answer.  He stood up, then grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet.  Josh pushed me forward, then put his hands on my shoulders and lead me out the front door.  “You still didn’t answer me,” I said.  I was still curious as to why he would want to come tonight.

“I wanted to see you,” he said simply.  Then smiled at me, and pulled me forwards.

 +++++++++++++++++++==

YAY! school is officially over for the summer....so expect the uploads to be waaaay more frequent.  I'm also starting a new story.  I know I said that a while ago, but Ive just been so busy with school and such.

So Ill keep you posted on that...and let you know when its up if you want to check it out.

ANYWHO- let me know what you think of this story so farrr!! I would love to know your thoughts, and if you have any ideas about what they should do one day when they hang out, let me know!!! I have a few ideas, but i want yours as well.

have a great day, vote if you think i deserve it!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.9K 1.3K 28
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
48.3K 879 33
Husk is an Overlord and Angel is a pornstar... what in hell could go wrong? Picture is not mine :D
763K 24.5K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
713K 19.9K 151
This is a fan fiction of BTS. Here I didn't include any Y/n or female lead character. It's just purely BTS's brotherly relations here. Jungkook as t...