Dragons vs. Wolves (Dragons v...

By ForestMist

Xera is a teenage girl who lives by herself in the middle of the woods. Her parents were killed in a raid and... More

Once Upon a Boy in a Box
Cry Cry Cry
Tuck Your Tail and Run!
I'd Rather Not Sleep With The Fish
One Fight is Not Enough
When Asked For Help, Just Laugh
BANG YOUR HEAD!
Picking Up Boys With Electric Wheel Chairs
I Wonder What It Feels Like To Go Broke On Fish
That Little Charmer
How To Make People Come Running
I Hate It When That Happens
Mission: Rescue Stereo And Kick Some Puppy Butt!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
1 Year Later
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
The Sequel is out!

Chapter 56

899 41 6
By ForestMist

Xera's P.O.V.

It was the next morning when I woke up from my nap. I feel sick but I won't let that phase me. I have to go see the head nurse to see what she wanted to talk to me about. I sit up in bed and notice that Robby's not there. I wonder where he went. There's a little note on his bed stand so I reach over and grab it. I unfold it to read what it says.

                                                                       "Good morning love,

                                                           I went out to get some work done.

                                                                           I'll be back later.

                                                         Tell me what goes on with the nurse.

                                                                             Love~ Robby"

I set it down. I wonder what work he has to do. It's probably something with Aiden and Kaden. He's always with them. I get out of bed and head over to my dresser to pick out some clothes. Shorts and a baggy shirt should do for a trip to the nurse's wing. I slip them on and head out.

When I arrive at the nurses office, nobody is in sight. Dylan and Issi must have been released yesterday. I'm glad they're doing better.

Me: Hello! Anyone here?

I hear some shuffling and the head nurse comes out of the supply closet.

Head Nurse: Oh Xera, I'm glad you're here. That news that I have to tell you, I think you should sit down.

I walk over to one of the beds and sit on the edge of it. I look at the nurse. Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be bad news?

Head Nurse: Robby's not going to come?

Me: No, he has some stuff to do.

Head Nurse: Oh dear... you might want someone here with you.

Me: Why?

Head Nurse: I don't think anyone should have to hear this news by itself.

Me: I'll call Stereo.

A few minutes later, Stereo strolls into the room with a worried smile on her face. She sits down next to me on the bed and takes my hand in hers. I smile back at her slightly and then wait for the nurse to break the news to us.

Head Nurse: Ready?

Me: I think so.

Head Nurse: Then let's just hurry and get this over with. Xera, you're pregnant.

I sit there in shock. I'm pregnant? That makes sense I guess. I have been getting sick lately and when I had sex with Robby, we didn't use protection.

Stereo: Oh my gawd! I'm going to have a baby cousin! Congrats Xera!

She seems so happy. I smile at her but there's still hesitation in my mind about this.

Head Nurse: That's not why I had you call someone down here though...

Oh great, there's more?

Me: Just hurry up and say it.

Head Nurse: The baby isn't healthy. Actually, it's bleeding out. The baby isn't strong enough to handle being by itself so therefore, it's feeding off of you.

Me: Isn't that what babies do?

The head nurse shakes her head and goes to the white board across the room. She draws a circle on the board then puts a little bean looking thing in it, which I think is my ovaries and the baby. She looks back at Stereo and me and sighs.

Head Nurse: Okay, I'll show you what's going on. The baby is weak so when it gets a certain size, it will start sucking the health out of you.

She draws a body around the "ovaries" and has a bunch of arrows from the body pointing to the circle.

Head Nurse: The baby is growing at an accelerated rate so therefore it will be sucking your energy a lot sooner than a regular baby will.

I only now notice that she hasn't drawn a face on the body. But she soon fixes that. She draws two X's and a frown on the face.

Head Nurse: Because of the babies current condition, it's either you survive or the baby does.

Me: Oh...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872K 23.5K 40
Book One of the Werewolf Keeper Series. Alpha Lewis has found his mate, but no one warned him just how infuriating she would be. Keeping Lauren alive...
16 0 10
Emmalita is a 16 year old that part of a watcher family. She found her parents murdered and her whole world changed 2 years ago and now is about to h...
28.5K 2.2K 43
*Book 4 of the Destined Series* Everything that Ryleigh once considered to be certain is pulled into question. From the loyalty of her friends and fa...
8.6K 388 26
Megan Vaughn, daughter of the Alpha of her pack, has looked everywhere for her lifelong mate to no avail. She's the only one mateless, until she find...