Chapter 57

Xera's P.O.V.

I'm walking back to my room with Stereo by my side. What are you supposed to do when you found out that your baby is killing you so you either have to sacrifice you or your kid? This is by far the hardest decision of my life.

Stereo: You probably shouldn't make up your mind by yourself.

I look at her completely dumbfounded. What does she mean? It's my body and baby.

Stereo: I didn't mean it like that. You have to remember that you have a mate, Robby. That boy would do anything to make you happy.

Oh, that's what she meant. I know I have Robby to help me make up my mind. But first I have to find a way to tell him before I ask him for help.

Me: Yeah, I know.

We keep walking in silence. It's comfortable so I don't mind. I start to feel tears come to my eyes.

Stereo: Xera, we have mates for a reason. We can lean on them when we're weak. They always support our decisions. And no matter what we decide, they will love us with all of their beings. Robby loves you Xera. It's clear as day. Just please do not make this decision on your own.

By the time she finishes her speech, I have tears running down my face. I don't want to make this decision at all. Why can't I just keep both myself alive along with my kid?

I turn around and hug Stereo with as much strength that I can muster. After a minute, I pull away from her. I give her a sad but thankful smile and nod my head. I wipe my tears off my cheeks and look at her again.

Me: Thank you.

Stereo: Remember that I'm your cousin. I'll always support your choice.

I nod at her again and take a deep breath.

Me: I guess I have a few people that I need to talk to, don't I? Please let me tell everyone.

Stereo: Sure thing.

I turn to walk away.

Me: Oh, Stereo?!

She turns around and I just notice that Darrek is walking up behind her. She has a smile on her face like nothing happened. I smile back at her in the same style.

Me: Do you know where Robby is?

Stereo: No idea.

Darrek: I think I seen him down by the pond in the back.

Me: Okay, thanks.

I start to walk away and overhear a bit of their conversation.

Darrek: Where were you this morning? When I woke up you weren't there.

Stereo: Oh, I had girl things to deal with.

Darrek: Do I want to know?

Stereo: You might later.

I love those two. They do look good together and she doesn't let him be boss. She actually teases him a bit.

I start jogging down the hallway and run into Issi.

Me: Oh hey, I have to talk to you later. But I have to go find Robby first.

Issi: Is it important?

 Me: Yeah, I'd say so.

Issi: Well, you know how to get ahold of me.

I nod my head then continue running in the direction that Darrek lead me. I burst out of the back doors and I see Robby standing by the pond with a pile of rocks next to him. I smile at him. He still hasn't noticed me. He's too focused on getting the rocks to skip over the water. He has a determined look on his face and he's biting the edge of his bottom lip. He looks absolutely adorable.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind. I feel him stiffen up and then I rest my head on his back. I feel him take a deep breath and then feel his muscles relax. He must've caught my scent.

Robby: Hey sunshine.

Me: Heh heh, hey sweetheart.

He turns around and holds me in his arms. He buries his face in my hair and takes a deep breath. I just stand there and enjoy being in his embrace knowing that it might not be for much longer.

Me: I need to tell you something Robby.

Robby: Is it dealing with the weird scent that's mixed in with yours? Were you in another guys arms?

Me: It's a boy?

Robby: What do you mean? Of course there's a guy's scent on you.

I laugh lightly at that one. He thinks that I've been cheating on him. As if I could even think of it.

Me: Well, it should have a partial scent of you in it too.

Robby: What do you mean?

Me: Does the scent smell like me and you mixed together?

Robby pulls away for a second and looks me dead in the eyes.

Robby: Is there something you're trying to tell me Xera?

Me: I'm pregnant, Robby. It's yours of course. It will be my scent mixed with yours that you smell.

He stands there with a blank expression on his face. You can see that he is having a silent debate going on in his head.

I feel kind of bad for breaking it to him like that but he needed to know. I saw the opportunity and I took it. Now, to tell him the other news that comes along with the baby.

Robby: We're going to have a kid?

Me: Maybe.

Robby: Maybe?

Me: Yeah, but I think you should sit down for the next part.

He sits on the ground in front of me while still holding my hand. He looks at my tummy quickly and smiles. I think he likes the idea that something of his is inside me. Don't take that the wrong way.

I sit down in front of him and hold his hands tightly together in between mine.

Robby: What's the maybe for?

Me: The baby's sick. The head nurse said that the baby is growing at an accelerated rate and that it's using my energy to make itself develop at a faster rate.

Robby: Okay...

Me: In other words, I won't be able to keep my energy if I keep the baby. Therefore, I have to make up my mind on whether to sacrifice the baby, or myself.

Robby's jaw drops and my eyes instantly fill with tears. I shouldn't of told him like that.

Robby: It's not April Fool's Day.

Me: I'm sorry Robby.

Robby: This isn't a joke?

 Me: I'm so so sorry Robby!

That's when all of the tears come pouring down my face. I put my head down and cover my face with my hands so maybe he won't see all of the tears. I know that hope goes out the window as soon as I feel his arms wrap around me and my body starts shaking from sobs.

Robby: Shhh shhh shhh, it's okay. We'll get through this Xera. But we should relax and think about this clearly before we make up our minds.

Xera: I'm sorry Robby.

Robby: No, I'm sorry. I should've controlled myself better. We wouldn't be in this situation if I could keep my little man in my pants.

I chuckle and shake my head.

Me: Is that seriously appropriate right now?

Robby: Not at all.

He tilts my head up and kisses my lips gently then slides his thumb against my cheek to wipe the tears off it. I wipe the other one then smile at him. He smiles back and pulls me into a hug while laying on the ground.

Robby: You know, for breaking such bad news to me, you sure did look happy right before.

Me: Haha, no, I just got done crying. I didn't want you to worry before I even told you what was wrong though.

Robby: I love you Xera, that will never change.