choose | luke hemmings

By abstractstyles

It's you, May. You're what I want forever. [COMPLETE] achievements: #1 in fanfiction More

chapter 1✿
chapter 2✿
chapter 3✿
chapter 4✿
chapter 5✿
chapter 6✿
chapter 7✿
chapter 8✿
chapter 9✿
chapter 10✿
chapter 11✿
chapter 12✿
chapter 13✿
chapter 14✿
chapter 15✿
chapter 16✿
chapter 17✿
chapter 18✿
chapter 19✿
trailer
chapter 20✿
chapter 21✿
chapter 22✿
chapter 23✿
chapter 24✿
chapter 25✿
chapter 26✿
chapter 27✿
chapter 28✿
chapter 29✿
chapter 30✿
chapter 31✿
chapter 32✿
chapter 33✿
chapter 34✿
chapter 35✿
chapter 36✿
chapter 37✿
chapter 38✿
chapter 39✿
chapter 40✿
chapter 41✿
chapter 42✿
chapter 43✿
chapter 44✿
chapter 45✿
chapter 46✿
chapter 47✿
chapter 48✿
chapter 49✿
chapter 50✿
chapter 51✿
chapter 52✿
chapter 53✿
chapter 55✿
chapter 56✿
chapter 57✿
chapter 58✿
chapter 59✿
chapter 60✿
chapter 61✿
chapter 62✿
chapter 63✿
chapter 64✿
chapter 65✿
Chapter 66✿
chapter 67✿
chapter 68✿
chapter 69✿
chapter 70✿
chapter 71✿
chapter 72✿
chapter 73✿
chapter 74✿
chapter 75✿
chapter 76✿
chapter 77✿
chapter 78✿
chapter 79✿
chapter 80✿
chapter 81✿

chapter 54✿

362K 11.4K 7.7K
By abstractstyles

"May?" Michael calls from outside my door. "May come on. You've been in there for a over a week already. Would you please talk to me?" He begs.

It's been eight days since Luke and I broke up for good. I haven't been able to face anybody, not without breaking down. I only went to school three days of the week. Seeing everyone somehow reminds me of him. Michael is Luke's best friend, I can't talk to him right now. I don't know if he knows what happened between Luke and I although, I assume someone must have told him by now.

Almost as if Michael can read my thoughts, he speaks. "Luke told me everything. I'm so sorry, May. Please come out and talk to me. You can't stay locked in your room like this, it's not healthy."

I remain on my bed.

"What happened to you and I forever? It's you and me, May. Don't shut me out."

I sigh as I stand up from my bed and walk to my door. I turn the knob and slowly open the door. I see Michael for the first time in eight days. I immediately burst into tears and engulf him in a hug. He moves his hand to the back of my head and strokes my hair in comfort.

"He told you?" I ask, referring to Luke, but I can't bring myself to say his name.

Michael pulls away from the hug. "Yeah, he did. I'm so sorry that he made you feel like that but, i'm not choosing sides. Please don't be mad about that it's just if I do choose then I know i'll lose one you and I-"

"Mikey don't worry, I don't expect you to take a side." I tell him honestly. Luke was his best friend. I wasn't about to make Michael lose him just because of me. I knew what I was getting into when I started this whole thing with Luke months ago.

"He's doing terrible, in case you were wondering." Michael mumbles.

"I wasn't."

"You're going to need to talk to him eventually, May." Michael sighs.

"Who says I have to?" I snap.

With the way i'm feeling about him right now, I could go the rest of my life without seeing him. Who am I kidding? I only wish that were true. It's only been eight days and I feel like i'm empty without him. I don't know how i'm going to get through this breakup. Sometimes, I find myself forgetting what he did, just so for a few seconds I can pretend as if we are still as happy as we once were.

"You two really are so alike. He hasn't left his room either." Michael informs me.

I wish I could tell him i'm happy Luke is feeling the same way I am but, i'm not. I don't want Luke to ever feel this pain that i'm feeling. No matter what he's done, i'm still in love with him. I most likely always will be.

"I know what he did was wrong but, you can't say he doesn't love you. Yeah, he was an asshole for making out with that girl and almost―doing other things. But he was drunk. I know that's not excuse but it's the best one there is. People make mistakes, May. You're telling me you've never made a mistake when it comes to your relationship?" Michael asks, obviously referring to the Ian and Luke fiasco.

"You said you weren't choosing sides. Seems pretty clear to me who's side you're on." I huff.

"I'm not on anyone's side. I just want you two together. I was so against it at first. But then I saw how you are around him. He makes you happier. I've never seen you as happy as you are when you're with him. I know you're so angry right now with him but, time heals all wounds."

I laugh sarcastically. "What are you now? My shrink?"

"So what then? You're just done with him?" He asks.

I don't say anything for a while, but I find myself nodding.

"That's bull, obviously."

"And why do you think that?" I ask.

"Well because you wouldn't be crying if you were done with him." Michael says as he wipes the tears from my cheeks. I wasn't even aware I started to cry.

"Well excuse me if i'm still in love with him only eight days after our breakup!" I scream at Michael.

I know I shouldn't take my anger out on Michael, I just don't know how to handle all these feelings.

"That's not a bad thing. May, you guys have something way too special to throw away. You know Luke would never intentionally cheat on you. He was drunk out of his mind and you two weren't together at the time. You know how protective I am over you. So if I thought Luke wasn't any good for you, do you really think i'd be trying this hard to get you to forgive him?"

He does make a point, but it's still not enough for me to forgive him.

"He loves you so much, you've got to believe that."

I do believe that. With all my heart and soul I believe that. I know Luke loves me and I don't want to let him go and live my life without him but, I can't take the pain he also puts me though.

"I can't take the fighting anymore." I sigh.

"That's what a relationship is, May. You fight, but then you make up. Nobody's perfect."

I shake my head. "I can't talk about this right now." I say as I walk back into my room and shut the door.

"May come on. Open the door." Michael says as he knocks on the door.

Minutes pass and the apartment falls silent. Then I hear the front door open and shut, Michael must have left.

-

Luke's POV

I haven't left my room in eight days. I can't bring myself to do anything without it somehow reminding me of May, and how much I screwed up.

"Luke open the door." Michael says from outside my bedroom door. How did he even get inside my house?

"I did not walk all the way over here just for you to ignore me so open the fucking door." He demands.

I groan as I get up and open the door. "How did you even get in my house?" I ask.

He holds up a key. I forgot he had one.

"We need to talk." Michael says as he walks into my room.

"About what?"

Michael raises an eyebrow. "I think you know about what."

"I really would rather not be reminded of how much I fucked up, man."

"You need to go apologize." Michael tells me.

"You don't think I have? What else can I do?"

"Do something! Fuck, just go to her. Stop being a little bitch hiding in your room."

I sit on my bed and cover my face with my hands. "I fucked up so bad. How could I have made her hate me this much?"

"You love her don't you?"

"You know I do."

"Then tell her! Go apologize and do it better this time. Don't ask me how, just figure it out!" Michael raises his voice.

"I can't handle her telling me to leave again. And I know that's exactly what she'll do." I say, changing the tone of my voice to extremely quiet.

"You never know until you try. But there's one thing I know for sure. If you stay in your room like this, you'll never get her back. Who knows, maybe you never will, but at least you have a slight chance if you go and try to make things right." Michael says.

That might have just about been the smartest thing he's ever said before.

"You're right." I say.

"I know I am. Don't screw it up this time." Michael says as he punches me arm lightly.

I nod in thanks before walking out of my house and starting towards May's.

-

May's POV

Michael's been gone for quite some time. I have no idea where he went, but I don't bother to call him and ask. He's probably at Cora's. I hear a knock at my front door. Michael probably forgot his key. I groan as I stand up and go answer the door.

"Don't forget your key next time." I say as I open the door.

Only, it isn't Michael. It's Luke.

"I thought you were Michael." I say, looking down. 

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p'.

I go to shut the door but he puts his hand on it to hold it open.

"May, please wait!" Luke begs.

I stop closing the door and look up at him. "What do you want from me, Luke?" I sigh.

"I'm in love with you. I'm always going to be in love with you. I know you love me too and you and I both know this isn't over. I made a mistake, May. A mistake i'm going to regret forever. But please, please just forgive me." Luke begs.

"I can't, Luke. The damage has already been done. You've done some pretty terrible things Luke but this―this is by far the worst. While I was in my room crying over you, you were with another girl as if I meant nothing to you. Do you know how that makes me feel?" I cry.

"I know! And i'm so fucking sorry, May. That girl meant nothing to me. But you―you're my everything."

I sigh, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "Ever since we came into each other's lives, all we've done is put each other through pain. I can see it in your eyes, you've lost your light."

Luke tries to take my hand but I pull away. "Baby, no. You are my light." Luke says.

I just shake my head.

"We'll figure it out, May. We always do."

"Stop always saying that! One day something will happen that we won't be able to figure out. God, Luke! Stop pretending like life doesn't absolutely terrify you!" I scream.

Luke looks up at me, tears running down his face. "The only thing that terrifies me is a life without you."

I sigh. He can't just say these things to me and expect me to go running back into his arms. Maybe Brooke was right about that, I always run back to him no matter what he does. This relationship isn't good for either of us.

"I think we both just need to move on." I say quietly.

"I can't. I won't."

"Life will go on, Luke. With or without you." I cry.

I knew that was a lie though. Life will pass each and everyday but, my life will never be the same. Not without him. But I can't take the pain anymore. It's too much for one person to take.

It's like i'm screaming, but no one can hear me.

"Please, May. I love you!" Luke says, almost as if he's proclaiming it to the world.

"We can't just-" I start before Luke cuts me off by crashing his lips onto mine.

----

A/N Don't hate me, hate the characters! lol. What's your guys opinion on everything happening? Do you think May is right to be so angry? Personally, I do. I mean, she was crying over Luke and he was out with another girl. I feel really bad for her tbh. But, people do make mistakes. Please comment and vote!! :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1K 51
Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; the young and new bodyguard who was just...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
84.1K 1.3K 56
Few imagines with James Buchanan Barnes. All right goes to marvel.
1.2M 17.9K 79
[COMPLETED] Julia leaves her save hometown London for a new life in Sydney. She doesn't want to but her mom is getting a job there. She and her bro...