choose | luke hemmings

By abstractstyles

It's you, May. You're what I want forever. [COMPLETE] achievements: #1 in fanfiction More

chapter 1✿
chapter 2✿
chapter 3✿
chapter 4✿
chapter 5✿
chapter 6✿
chapter 7✿
chapter 8✿
chapter 9✿
chapter 10✿
chapter 11✿
chapter 12✿
chapter 13✿
chapter 14✿
chapter 15✿
chapter 16✿
chapter 17✿
chapter 18✿
chapter 19✿
trailer
chapter 20✿
chapter 21✿
chapter 22✿
chapter 23✿
chapter 24✿
chapter 25✿
chapter 26✿
chapter 27✿
chapter 28✿
chapter 29✿
chapter 30✿
chapter 31✿
chapter 32✿
chapter 33✿
chapter 34✿
chapter 35✿
chapter 36✿
chapter 37✿
chapter 38✿
chapter 39✿
chapter 40✿
chapter 41✿
chapter 42✿
chapter 43✿
chapter 44✿
chapter 45✿
chapter 46✿
chapter 47✿
chapter 48✿
chapter 49✿
chapter 50✿
chapter 51✿
chapter 53✿
chapter 54✿
chapter 55✿
chapter 56✿
chapter 57✿
chapter 58✿
chapter 59✿
chapter 60✿
chapter 61✿
chapter 62✿
chapter 63✿
chapter 64✿
chapter 65✿
Chapter 66✿
chapter 67✿
chapter 68✿
chapter 69✿
chapter 70✿
chapter 71✿
chapter 72✿
chapter 73✿
chapter 74✿
chapter 75✿
chapter 76✿
chapter 77✿
chapter 78✿
chapter 79✿
chapter 80✿
chapter 81✿

chapter 52✿

319K 11.4K 6.2K
By abstractstyles

Luke's POV

I can't believe May. She honestly thinks I don't see how she feels towards Travis? She's only fooling herself.

It's been a week since I broke up with her, and I haven't seen her since she ran out of my house crying. I feel bad that she cried because I never want to be the person to make her cry. Regardless of her feelings for Travis, i'm still in love with her. I probably always will be. But I can't be with her when she feels something for someone else too.

"Bro did you hear me?" Calum breaks me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I ask.

"I said Ashley Brown is having a huge party for her twentieth birthday. We should go."

"Who's Ashley Brown?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "I have no idea, but apparently she's a friend of Ashton's friend. Doesn't really matter though, a party's a party."

"I don't know man, i'm not really up for any parties. Plus, Michael and I haven't seen each other since I broke up with his sister." I say. I feel strange referring to May as Michael's sister but, I don't think I could say her name out loud without crying.

"Just come man. He's your best friend. He's not going to hold the breakup against you. Besides, if you two really are over, you can't just live inside your house for the rest of your life. It's been a week. Go out, get drunk and try and have fun." Calum says.

I groan. "Fine."

"Good! Okay well the party's in like an hour, so go shower and shit and i'll wait down here." Calum says.

I nod as I go upstairs and take a quick shower. After my shower I throw on my black skinny jeans with rips at both knees, and a plain black t-shirt.

"Alright let's go." I say as I walk downstairs.

"I texted Michael. He said he's out with Cora for the night, so he's not coming." Calum tells me.

I nod understandingly. I'm kind of glad Michael isn't coming tonight. I don't know his whole take on the breakup, and I don't know if I want to find out.

-

It's only been thirty minutes since I arrived at the party, and i'm already bored out of my mind. Calum went off with some girl and I haven't seen him since. I stand in the kitchen on my phone, just then someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see a girl with bleach blonde hair and blue eyes. I can't help but notice how attractive she is. Not as beautiful as May, though. Damn it Luke, stop thinking about her.

"Uh, hey?" I say, sounding more like a question.

"Why is a guy like you standing all alone?" She asks.

"I don't really know these people. I came with a friend but I don't know where he went." I tell her.

"Well you can't just go on your phone for the whole party. Come hang out with me and my friends." She says.

"I think i'm okay here." I tell her.

"Oh come on. It's a party. Have a little fun. What, do you have a girlfriend or something?"

I'm about to tell her that I in fact do, so she should leave me alone. But then I remember, I don't. I no longer have a girlfriend. My mind thinks back to what Calum told me earlier. Try and have fun. That's exactly what i'm going to do.

"No, I don't."

The girl smirks. "Well come on then." She says as she takes my hand and leads me to the backyard.

"I'm Destiny by the way." She says.

"Luke."

We sit down with a group of people, I assume they are her friends.

"This is Luke. Luke this is Jessica, Jamie, Lauren, Bryan, John, and Sam." She introduces everyone. As if i'm going to remember all their names.

"Hey." I say.

"We're just about to play shot or dare. Want to play?" One of the girls asks.

"Shot or dare?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's kind of like truth or dare, but truth or dare is too boring. With shot or dare you get dared to do something and if you don't do it, you have to take a shot. Pretty simple." Destiny explains.

I'm about to decline but then I remember Calum's words again. "Yeah, i'll play."

Countless rounds are played. Most of which I take a shot instead of the dare. Mainly because I just want to get drunk, and this is the perfect excuse to.

"Destiny, I dare you to kiss one of the guys in the group." The girl with red hair says.

"Easy." Destiny says.

Just then she turns to me and connects her lips to mine. I hesitate for a moment, but then find myself kissing back. Maybe it's because I want to or maybe it's because of all the alcohol in my system, but I don't care to figure out which is the reason. She brings her hand to the side on my face and I do the same to her. I try to deepen the kiss before she pulls away slightly. We look at each other in silence as she smirks. We turn back to face the group as more dares go on.

"Want to get out of here?" Destiny whispers in my ear.

I turn to look at her. I see her biting her lip, which turns me on. Before my mind can catch up, my mouth says yes.

She takes my hand and we walk over to the shed in the further part of the backyard. I open the door and we walk inside. She shuts the door and leans against it, pulling me by my shirt closer to her. She connects her lips to mine and her hands tangle in my hair, as I slide my fingers around her waist. I part my lips slightly and her tongue slips inside my mouth. Her hands move to the bottom of my shirt and she lifts it up, pulling it off of me. I do the same with hers. She moves her hands to my pants, and undoes the button and zipper. She bends down slowly and tugs my pants to my ankles, about to do the same with my boxers. I shouldn't be allowing this with someone I just met, but the excessive amount of alcohol in my system is telling me otherwise.

My mind all of a sudden clouds with thoughts of May. My eyes widen and I step back.

"What's wrong?" Destiny asks.

What's wrong is that I love my girlfriend and I shouldn't be doing this only a week after we broke up.

"I need to go." I say as I pull my pants back up and grab my shirt off the ground.

"What? Why?" She asks, but i'm already out the door before I can give her an answer.

I can't believe I almost let her give me oral. I don't want to feel anyone's mouth on me other than May. I feel sick to my stomach that I even made out with her. Some random girl at a party. I'm headed for the door when I see a familiar face standing in the living room. Travis.  

Anger takes over me as I run up to him as spin him around by his shoulder. Before he can even say anything, my fist connects with his jaw and he stumbles back. I continue punching him, not letting him get one hit in.

"Stop!" He yells.

"You fucking kissed my girlfriend!" I yell as I continue to punch him.

"Brooke made me!" He yells.

My punching comes to a halt. I grab him by the collar of his shirt. "What the fuck did you just say?"

He groans as he holds his bleeding nose. "Brooke made this whole plan."

"You better stop speaking in fucking code and explain yourself or so help me God-"

"Alright, alright! Brooke told me she wanted you, and she knows I wanted May. So she said she would take care of everything and all I had to do was kiss May next time I saw her." He shrugs as if it's no big deal.

I put together everything. Brooke knew May would believe we dated. And then she knew I would be pissed about Travis kissing May. I did exactly what Brooke wanted all along. My mind completely shuts down, and it's almost as if i've become someone else. I connect my fist again to Travis' jaw, this time he falls to the floor.

"You could have said no to Brooke! You didn't have to fucking kiss May!" I yell in his face as I continue to punch him on the ground. Just then someone pulls me off of him.

"Luke! Calm down!" Calum yells.

"Get the fuck off me!" I scream at him.

"Look at him, man! You've done enough!" Calum says, pointing at Travis.

I look down to see his face covered in blood. I don't say anything. Instead, I walk directly out of the house and get into the passenger seat of Calum's car. I would walk but, we're not exactly close to home. Thankfully, Calum comes outside and get's into the drivers seat.

"Dude, what the fuck was that about?" He asks.

"That was fucking Travis. The guy who kissed May twice!" I yell.

"Oh, shit." Calum says.

We drive in silence before Calum speaks up.

"You would have probably put him in the hospital if I didn't pull you off. You know that right?" He asks quietly.

I sigh. "I couldn't stop. It was like something had taken over me."

"That was the first time in my life I was scared of you, man." Calum says, almost so quietly that I couldn't hear him, but I did.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

I lean my head back and close my eyes. That fight with Travis really sobered me up. Great. Now not only did I make out with some random girl, but I also beat up May's only friend. This isn't going to go over too well. I know she'll find out eventually, but I don't want her to hear it from someone else, that will only make the situation worse.

The car stops and I open my eyes.

"What the hell? Why are we here?" I ask. Calum had pulled into May's apartment building.

"You and May are clearly not over if you felt the need to do something like that back there. Go up there and sort your shit out."

I groan. "Take me home Calum."

"No. I'm serious Luke. Get your ass out of the car and go talk to her. You broke up with her over something so stupid. Why are you letting some punk ass kid ruin what you two have?" Calum asks.

"She feels something for him."

"That's bullshit and you know it. She's so in love with you it's annoying to even see. You need to get over your whole jealousy thing and learn that she can have guy friends."

"It's not about jealously! He kissed her twice!" I yell, getting irritated with Calum.

"That doesn't mean shit! She didn't kiss back! And she didn't because she loves you, not him! Now get the fuck out of the car and go talk to her." Calum says as he unlocks the car doors.

I don't say anything. I step out of the car and shut the door behind me. Calum drives off before I can get back inside. I walk inside the building and take the elevator up to her floor. I contemplate turning around and walking home, but I decide against it. I know I need to do this. I need to tell May everything before she hears it from someone else.

I take a deep breath and knock on her door, anxiously waiting for her to open it.

--------

A/N OOOOOOOOK HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT WHAT LUKE DID AT THE PARTY WITH DESTINY AND THEN WITH TRAVIS?! Leave your thoughts in the comments pleaseee! I love to read how you guys feel about everything going on! Don't forget to vote as well. It honestly means the world to me :) xx

ALSO, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 100K READS! I'M SO SHOCKED I NEVER IMAGINED I'D EVER GET THAT MANY! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THAT YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS STORY!

OH AND ALSO, I SEE 5SOS IN LESS THAN 7 HOURS AND I'M SO EXCITED HOLY SHIT LUKE WILL BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS ME!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788K 31.2K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
6.2M 134K 52
Sam can't support her rebellious twin brothers who spend their time screaming , fighting with ketchup and playing Hide and seek in the kitchen. . Th...
22K 1K 51
Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; the young and new bodyguard who was just...
5.6M 148K 40
After Luke and Victoria have the worst day of their lives, what happens now? They both have new obstacles in their way, whether it be new people in t...