This Means War

By CynthiaRayneOfficial

Previously titled Checkmate on Wattpad... #1.5 in 'Playing for Keeps series' Love is a strange thing, even th... More

1| Pack Your Shit Italy Awaits
2| Like Some Geltao With That Leather Jacket
3| The Italian God
4 | Paybacks A Bitch
Nathaniel & Nancy | Bitter Sweet Loneliness
Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla The Feminist And A Misogynist
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wild Animal In 602
Nathaniel & Nancy | Spaghetti Con La Bottarga
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Black Out
Nathaniel & Nancy | Amateur Mike Tyson And LaChapelle's exhibition
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wrap It Up Tom And Jerry
Nathaniel & Nancy | A Hidden Past
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Ugly Truth
Nathaniel & Nancy | Hotel From Hell

Nathaniel & Nancy | The Final Dance

55.6K 1.7K 521
By CynthiaRayneOfficial

Nathaniel & Nancy | The Final Dance

Snapping my head to my right I bound up out of my seat. Dropping my glass I took a rapid step towards the waist high bars separating my room from the slowly becoming bane of my existence's room.

"What the bloody hell...what the fuck do you think you're doing here?" He gestured to himself before placing his beer on the small table in front of him. Standing he took a step towards me.

"Enjoying the night's beauties from my cosy new room." He tugged on my robe. "Looks nice on you...it'd look better on my floor though."

"Ugh! Why won't you just leave me alone?!" He smirked, slapping his hand away I stormed back into my room. Ensuring to close the doors noisily. Pacing a few times I stopped in front of the full length mirror plastered to the front of the wardrobe door. I had the most ridiculous smile etched across my mouth and my cheeks were a bright pink. Groaning I flopped onto my bed, burying my face into a large pillow I let out a long scream.

A loud thumping drew my attention, propping up onto my elbows I focused on where the noise was coming from. Lifting my head slowly I looked over my shoulder at the feature wall behind my bed head. I jumped as the thumping increased in both volume and speed. Groaning I flipped up onto my knees, pounding the side of my fisted hand against the wall twice I nicely asked him to cease the indecent disturbance. "Nate! Shut the fuck up...please!" The thumping stopped immediately and frankly it took me by surprise. Slumping back onto my heels I fell back into the mattress, throwing my arm over my eyes I released a much needed sigh.

"Sike!" The thumbing began again bringing a whole new form of irritation, Nathaniel had completely high-jacked my peace...so much for one month Nathaniel free kicking a pillow up to myself I drowned my face into it, blocking my ears as best as I could.

"Ugh!" Throwing my pillow against the wall I scrambled off the bed and shot towards the balcony like a bloody torpedo. Sliding the doors open I stormed towards the only bars keeping me from committing murder. "Nathaniel! Nathaniel get your bloody ass out here right now! I swear to bloody God Hughes, I will suffocate you with your own fucking pillow if you don't-"

"You rang...me-lady." Poking his head out of his doors he smirked, grinding my molars I curled my fingers around the thick bar tight enough to turn my knuckles white. "Damn you look sexy when you're pissed..." He leaned his side against the brick wall; crossing his legs at the ankles he folded his arms across his...gorgeously bare chest. Bloody hell... I inwardly groaned, breaking away from my very obvious ogling I cleared my throat.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Right this second...watching you." Closing my eyes in frustration I folded my arms over my chest.

"Nathaniel...this needs to stop. I've given you what you wanted...you win damn it. Why are you doing is?"

"You still haven't figured out why." I sighed dropping my arms to my sides.

"Because you hate me, I get it." He sighed dramatically, straightening he closed the distance between us. Cupping my cheek with one of his large warm hands he brushed his thumb over my skin gently.

"You still haven't figured it out." I realised then that the first time he'd said that, it hadn't been a question but rather a statement. "I won't stop Cece...not until you see what you couldn't eight years ago." I furrowed my brows in confusion, dropping his head he pressed a soft kiss against my forehead. My breath hitched and my body deceived me, an appreciative hum vibrated from my throat. Clasping his wrist I lowered his arm, taking a healthy step back I swallowed hard.

"Just...stay away from me." Returning to my room I switched off all the lights, slipping beneath the sheets I tried desperately to clear my mind. Falling asleep was impossible for the next three hours. I hadn't heard so much as a peep from Nathaniel's room. I hoped that he'd finally ceased fire, I hadn't hid my defeat in the slightest; laying my every emotion on the table I'd almost pleaded he stop torturing me...ironically counting sheep was what finally resulted in me getting some sleep.

Tossing and turning I dragged myself out of bed grumbling a few choice words to the devil who'd booked the room beside me. Shuffling into the shower I allowed the citric aroma to fill my nostrils, it was a real pick me up. Taking an unnecessarily long shower I dried myself off, returning to the room I dropped my towel around my ankles.

Shuffling through the clothes I'd hung up the previous night I tossed up between two dresses. "Good morning indeed..." My body stiffened, gripping the sides of the wardrobe frame I tried to release the breath I'd suddenly sucked in. My eyes widened as my completely nude demeanour finally dawned on me. Dropping to the floor I snatched the towel up before frantically wrapping it around myself.

Flipping I glared at him, my cheeks were flaming red by this point. Chuckling he straightened from the doorframe, leading to the balcony. As he entered the room with long, easy strides, I instinctively scurried back with hurried retreating steps. My back hit the wall and I gasped, placing his palms flat against the wall on either side of my head; effectively caging me in he dropped his head to my height. "W...what the hell are you doing here?" I stammered, distracted by his proximity.

Blowing wet strands of hair away from my face he pressed his body against mine. Closing my eyes I let out a soft moan. "You invited me to breakfast..." My eyes burst open and I sucked in a sharp breath realising how close our lips were. Shoving at his chest I ducked under one of his extended arms.

"I...no, I didn't. I want you as far away from me as possibly, inviting you to breakfast is the last thing I'd do." He shrugged, folding his arms across his chest he nodded out to the balcony.

"You came to me in my dreams me-lady, requesting breakfast on your balcony. Ask and you shall receive." Straightening he pulled out a red shift dress in Ponte with quarter sleeves from the wardrobe.

"Have you gone completely insane-?"

"Shhh..." Pressing his finger to my lips he silenced me. "I'm waiting Cece...I could always help you change..." Trailing his free hand down the length of my arm he tugged at the ends of my towel, gasping I tightened my grip. Pulling away abruptly I slipped back into the bathroom. Dressing quickly I returned to the room, Nathaniel was seated out on the balcony. I didn't know how to go about this, I couldn't understand what Nathaniel was trying to do and frankly I was terrified of what he may have laced the food with...it could be a trap. My subconscious whispered as I studied the delicious spread of food.

Cautiously taking a seat opposite him I watched his every move with sceptical eyes. "Coconut scone?" He held a plate of hot coconut scones in front of me.

"Y...you remembered?" It took me by surprise. I would have expected him to have forgotten anything and everything about me. Rolling his eyes, he cut one in half before spreading a thin layer of jam over the middles.

"Of course not, I just coincidentally picked the one flavour of scones that have been your favourite since you were five."

"Was the sarcasm necessary?" I snapped. Smirking he held the scone out to me. I eyed it nervously, if he had to choose one item to lace with anything...it would be the scones. Clearly he knew I'd go for them first. "They...aren't my favourite anymore." I mumbled, looking away from him. Shaking his head he stood up, walking around to me he crouched by my side. I pushed further against the opposite side of the chair.

Brining the scone to his lips he took a small bite. "They aren't poisoned Cece, I forgive you for the fish...eggs incident." He visibly cringed and I scoffed.

"Just like that...I doubt it."

"Would I have eaten it if I had?" I shrugged, "as far as I remember, you aren't allergic to anything...if I laced it with anything else, it would have definitely affected me by now." Bringing the scone to my lips he waited for me to take a bite. I carefully took a small nibble, the coconut flavour hit me immediately followed by a sweet coating of strawberry jam. Moaning, I took a larger bite.

Smiling he lifted the plate of scones and placed them in front of me. "You enjoy breakfast, I've gotta go complete the construction payments to Gabrielle... I'll see you soon." Straightening he bent over and kissed my forehead, furrowing my brows in confusion I attempted to clear the web of thoughts rapidly filing my mind. I just knew he was planning something big...but what? I had to be ready.

"Wait!" Turning he smiled.

"Miss me already?" I held my hand out.

"My spare key card. I don't know how you got it and I don't even want to know." Smirking he pulled the small rectangular card from his back pocket. "What, not going to put up a fight?" I asked sarcastically. Placing the card in my palm he took a step towards me.

"You think I need that to get in? I'll find another way Cece...you know I will." My stomach tightened and I couldn't even begin to comprehend how the simple threat had made me so incredibly aroused.

***
"You know what, you aren't going to think about him. From this second forward, you will think of anyone and anything but him. Screw how he's going to get into this room...he was bluffing. It's been hours, he's been hauled up in his stupid room the entire time." Smirking I fell back into the mattress. "His only way in was my spare key card, and that's safely locked away in the safe." I muttered to myself.

Releasing a long relaxed breath, I closed my eyes. Falling into an easy sleep I praised myself within my dreams. I was onto him, there was no way I'd let him prank me. Forget it, I was done playing these silly games and if my lack of response hadn't proven that already then my complete dismissal of him would. I wasn't even going to speak to him again, forget speaking to him, I wasn't going to look at him for the remainder of this god forsaken trip.

Groaning I turned into my pillow, blocking the sunlight from my eyes. I shot up remembering that we had a breakfast meeting with Enrique at nine, glancing at my clock I jumped out of bed and into the shower. Showering in record time I searched for a towel. "Fuck..." I muttered, racing into the room I looked for a spare towel or anything really to dry myself. Throwing my wardrobe open I clenched my jaw. "Ugh! God why me?!" I screamed slamming my palm against the wall. Snatching my sheets off the bed I wrapped myself with it before storming out onto the balcony, my eyes landed on a large gold wrapped present with a striking black bow, ignoring it I screamed out to Nate at the top of my lungs. "Nathaniel! Nathaniel I know you're fucking awake! Nate-"

"You rang...me-lady." Near growling I clenched my jaw impossibly tight.

"How the fuck did you get into my room?" He shrugged smirking with amusement. Grinding my molars together I narrowed my eyes at him. "Give me my fucking clothes." I seethed seconds from a spontaneous combustion.

"I don't know, I'm kind of liking this look on you...naked, wet-"

"I swear to fucking God Nathaniel, I will string you up by your outrageously huge penis!" His smirk widened, glancing down he winked at me.

"I have to say, little Nate's been praised many a time...but, outrageously huge...now that's a first." Blushing I fumbled for words.

"I don't have time for your bullshit right now, give me my clothes and quit breaking into my room!" Straightening he scanned my body, I gripped the sheet tighter. "Hey! My eyes are up here perve." Smirking he took a step back into his room.

"I'm running late for a breakfast meeting with Prince fucking charming, since your attire...sorry, lack thereof is an issue I'll offer him your sincerest apologies." He called mockingly. Amusement clear in his tone.

"Nate! Nate, you get back here! I swear to god Nate, you'll pay for this! Nathaniel fucking Hughes!" I screamed, I heard his hotel room door open and bolted to my own. Throwing my door open I shot through it, "Nate! You son of a bitch!" I growled, swiping my key card from the table beside my door I rushed after him, slipping into the elevator he blew me a kiss just as the doors slid close. "I'll kill you!" I screamed. Looking around I huffed, moving back into my room I searched for something, anything to wear.

I decided then and there that I'd keep a pair of spare clothes in the damn safe, fuck being left naked and wet for the...what is it, hundredth time! "Why me..." I fell back into the mattress and stared at the ceiling for a good hour, my eyes continuously drifted to the present but my pride and ego wouldn't allow for me to open it. After that I watched reruns of Friends, Back to the future would have been my go to in my current state of both rage and depression but I didn't bring a copy with me to Italy.

"Fine, I'll open it, God!" I groaned to myself. Shuffling to the balcony wrapped in my self-designed hotel sheet-toga I slumped down in one of the seats, simultaneously dragging the box closer. Could be a bomb...nobody would suspect a thing. Rolling my eyes I yanked the bow free, unwrapping the golden paper like a toddler on Christmas I flicked the lid open. My jaw dropped; reaching inside I pulled out a box set of Back to the future, bunny slippers, cotton candy, a four pack of chocolate Breaka's, a block of kit Kat, white chocolate and a folded note.

'I know it probably took you a solid two hours to finally decide that the box didn't hold a bomb or another lethal weapon...you got curious didn't you...'

It wasn't even a question, "smug son of a bitch." Rolling my eyes I continued.

'I have a problem with you and Prince Charming Cece in case, you haven't noticed. Everything in here should keep you satisfied till I come back. I would have left you something to wear...but I prefer you to greet me this way when I return...naked, in case you're wondering.
Enjoy the alone time me-lady, because for the next three and a half weeks I'm going to be your very handsome...very relentless shadow.'

I couldn't determine whether it was a threat or warning, regardless I couldn't stop smiling. Mentally I was scowling, I swear...but for some reason my body decided to act of its own accord. I found myself slipping into the bunny slippers, pushing up against the head board of my bed and pressing play on the remote control. I began to watch the first...no second love of my life fly around on a hover board. The snacks he'd packed were littered all across the bed; the mess stretching from one side to the other and I made my way through everything over the course of the first movie.

Yawning I shoved two empty Breaka cartoon to the side, slipping underneath the blanket I fell asleep. Snuggling towards the warmth of a long, lean body I murmured a few appreciative words. My eyes flew open when it dawned on me that I was snuggling with someone else...more specifically Nate, his natural aroma was one I recognised well, even craved. Struggling within his grip, I squirmed my way up enough to watch his face as he peacefully slept. "God...I'm never going to stop loving you, you ruined me Nathaniel Hughes...coming to that party eight years ago was the biggest mistake of my life. Yet if I could do it again...I would. Why? Why do I feel this way for the one man who'll never feel the same for me?"

I gasped when he tightened his grip, pulling me closer he buried his face against my neck. My heart was racing and yet I felt an unfamiliar calm. Closing my eyes I decided not to fight him...for one night I was going to enjoying sleeping in his warm embrace.
How he got into my room for the third time would remain tomorrow's problem.

***
Rolling over I felt the absence of Nathaniel's body, clearly I'd been dreaming. Yawning I stretched lazily, staggering up I looked at the clean bed. Looking over both edges of the bed I wondered where all my rubbish and the complete mess I'd left disappeared to. That's when I tuned into the noises coming from the bathroom, the unmistakable sound of Nathaniel singing I'm too sexy for my shirt echoed over the streams of water.

Sliding out of bed I tightened the sheet I'd crafted into a make shift dress before stealthily creeping towards the bathroom. Carefully clicking the door open I stalled, peeking inside I near drooled at the site before me. Nathaniel; naked, wet and covered in suds...I myself couldn't be wetter if I tried. Liquid heat began to caress my folds and I clenched, squirming at the door as he ran his large hands over his perfectly carved muscles. "Jesus Christ..." I muttered, licking my lips.

"And you say I'm the perve." Craning his neck to look over his shoulder he smirked at me. My eyes widened, straightening I shuffled awkwardly at the door.

"I...I was just. You shouldn't be here! This is my room-"

"This again..." He groaned. "When I greet you with all this sexy goodness in the morning, simply thank me...none of this how'd you get in my room, again, business." He deepened his voice to mock, I assumed.

"I don't sound like that. And you realise only creepy, stalking perverts use lines like that right."

"Says the girl still shamelessly staring at my ass." Blinking I looked away, my cheeks were on fire and my eyes relentless in their fight to sneak another peek. I heard the glass door push open and a cloud of steam fell out into the open space.

"I've offered before, but seen as I'm such a god damn gentle man...you may join me if you wish me lady."

"Ugh!" Slamming the bathroom door behind me I stormed back into the room frustrated and embarrassed, this was becoming a bloody routine. Pacing the room I waited for his highness Signore Hughes to grace me with his presence. Having taken a good fifteen minutes he entered the room with a towel wrapped around his waist and the most smug smile etched across his mouth. Holding a hand out I looked away from him, tapping my feet to illustrate my level of pissed off this time. Moving around me he walked to the bar fridge, pulling out two chocolate Breaka's he held one out to me. Dropping my arm I glared at him.

"What? I offered you one too." Moving to the bed he fell onto the mattress, leaning against the headboard he switched on the TV.

"I want the other key Nathaniel."

"I don't have another." He simply stated, shrugging once.

"Bullshit. I took the spare and you still got in. Key card now." I blocked his view of the TV and he smirked.

"Maybe if you drop that sheet...I could consider telling you how I got in."

"Uh pig much! I know how you got in, I want the other key." Sighing he got up and walked to the safe. Holding the cupboard door open he punched in four digits. The safe unlocked and he held the door wide open for me to see inside.

"Here's the spare. And you have the main card." My jaw dropped.

"How did you-"

"1, 2, 3, 4- Cece, I mean really..." Folding my arms I mumbled a few choice words.

"Fine than how did you get in?" He shrugged suggestively.

"Jimmied your lock, dug a whole...magic." Groaning I turned my back to him. Folding my arms over my chest I...pouted. There was no wining. I felt him close the distance between us, wrapping his arms around my waist he locked his hands over my stomach. Dropping his chin to my shoulder he sighed.

"How did the meeting with Enrique go?" He groaned.

"Prince Charming is pleased with the restaurant and our work. So basically you no longer have to see him-" pushing out of his grip I flipped to face him.

"What's your problem with him?" He shrugged, looking irritated that he needed to explain. "So you expect me to miss opening night on the first project I've ever handled?" He nodded like it was obvious or something. "Well I'm not going to Nathaniel. Do whatever you have to; steal my clothes, sheets, money, whatever! I'm still going to end up at that opening night."

"Well then I suggest you keep your distance from Prince Charming, just know that I'm ready to go round two." Rotating his fisted hand he smirked at the memory.

"You have issues."

"I know..."

"I want my clothes back." He nodded towards the wardrobe.

"See you later me-lady, we should sleep over more often." Whistling he swiped his clothes from the back of a chair and left.

"Why are you doing this?!" I screamed to the back of a closed door.

***
"Oh, my god...you're driving me crazy!" I screamed, bounding up onto my knees I pounded the side of my fisted hand against the wall. "Shut the fuck up Nathaniel!" The music only increased in volume. Three weeks of constant disturbance was beginning to do my head in. From impromptu breakfasts, to sudden shower interruption. Nathaniel had become the bane of my very existence. When he'd told me he'd become my shadow, I'd taken it lightly. Big mistake; I hadn't been alone for even a second for the entirety of the past twenty one days.

It had been a very long three weeks, he managed to turn up wherever I went. Gate crashing goodbye lunches I planned with Gabrielle and Enrique, he'd been for all intents and purposes stalking me. If I hadn't already, then I will have; by the time I board my flight to London, completely lost my mind! "Shut up!" I screamed pounding against the wall with both hands now. The music stopped completely and I sighed, removing the balls of cotton wool from my ears I savoured the very rare sound of silence. For twenty seconds anyway, the peaceful silence was abruptly interrupted by the sound of Goth metal and my temples began to throb once more.

I still couldn't comprehend how none of the other people in rooms surrounding ours hadn't complained yet. My complaints remained unheard or addressed by management and they persistently informed me that they were completely booked. No way had Nathaniel managed to pull this off on his own, somebody was helping him...if not Charlie...than who?

"Hey! Hey Cece! You think I could borrow some milk?!" He knocked obnoxiously loudly against the balcony door and I winced. That was yet another revelation I'd made over the course of the previous twenty one days, Nathaniel hadn't been getting into my room through the front door, and he didn't require a key card either. The asshole had been jumping balconies, he had in fact jimmied the lock on my balcony door. I would have remained oblivious if I hadn't woken up in the middle of the night after, ironically, a nightmare featuring the prick himself. I caught him tossing all my toiletry products across to his balcony before climbing over himself.

Holding his milk cartoon upside down he emphasised his lack of the dairy product. Pouting he pressed his free palm against the glass, the door fogged with his breath. Pulling away he quickly drew a frowning face emoji. Getting up and out of bed I stormed towards the glass door, sliding it open. "Turn that shit off and I'll give you whatever you want!" His eyes widened.

"Whatever I want..."

"Could you make that sound any seedier?" I hissed. Shoving the empty cartoon against my chest he strolled past me with a ridiculous grin stretching across his lips.

"Alright, I have it. I want a message, a naked massage..." He winked, clenching my jaw I marched towards him.

"Not a chance."

"Fine. I want, you to be my slave for the rest of this business-vacation." I scoffed.

"Not even in your dreams." Closing the distance between us he cupped my face, my breath instantaneously hitched.

"A kiss. A single kiss and I'll turn the music off." I thought about it, I didn't know if he'd hold up his end but something in his eyes told me he was very serious.

"Okay...but only a quick one." Nodding he'd already began to lower his lips to mine. Lifting my head I pressed my lips against his a little too eagerly for my own liking. His lips moved gently against mine, when his long fingers drifted to the base of my neck I felt the tip of his warm, wet tongue flick against my lower lip. Moaning I gripped his shoulder with my free hand. He pushed through my lips without even the slightest restriction, I realised then that I'd simply granted him access.

Locking his tongue with mine he deepened the kiss, there was something purely intimate about the passion his kiss held. His tongue stroked mine rhythmically, forcing me to taste him just as he was tasting me. Lifting to the tips of my toes I encouraged the kiss to take on a more carnal direction, within seconds I was practically mauling his mouth. Pulling away with a wet pop I pushed him back and turned away from him abruptly. What the hell do you think you're doing Nancy Williams? Do you have any self-respect what so ever? You've been rejected by this man enough times to know that tomorrow will only bring a new rejection...a new heartbreak.

Flipping I glared at him. "I said a quick kiss, not a fucking make out session."

"You never said no tongue...also, if I remember correctly you instigated the make out aspect of that kiss. Should we try for second base this time-ouch?" I hurled the empty carton at his oversized head that only seemed to expand each day along with his oversized ego.

"Get out!"

"What I thought-ouch!" Picking up a magazine I rolled it up before swatting him with it. "Ouch alright already-fuck Nancy I'm going-ouch women!" Tossing the empty milk carton at his face I locked the door. Turning my back to him I groaned, my cheeks were on fire...as was my core. Things had gotten too heated, I had to get my libido in check. Letting myself lose control like that was too dangerous, I couldn't survive being that intimate with him again only for him to insult me further or reject me yet again. The sudden silence drew my attention, I waited an entire minute for the heavy metal to start up again. It didn't, my mouth curved into a shy smile. I giggled, slapping a hand over my mouth I returned to my bed. He's actually going to be the reason you end up in the nut house.

***
"Nothing! I have absolutely nothing to wear..." I whined tossing yet another dress onto my bed. Falling back into the mess of clothes loitering my bed I debated going last minute shopping, the problem was I most likely wouldn't be able to afford most of the dresses. Not to mention I had no clue where to start, what would be fancy enough...or too fancy? Covering my face with my palms I whined, "This is a disaster..."

There was a firm knocking at my door, I would have cursed or threatened his genitals if I wasn't positive that it wasn't Nathaniel. He'd been gone all day, I was beginning to get suspicious and frankly...paranoid. I knew whatever his big plan was would finally be revealed tonight, as tomorrow we'd both be boarding two different planes to two different countries. I was nervous beyond doubt, whatever he was going to do would undeniably serve to humiliate me. What a way to say goodbye to Italy...probably with a loud, explosive, embarrassing bang... My subconscious added dryly.

Sighing I walked to the door and opened it. "Good evening Signorina Williams."

"Uh, good evening." My eyes were glued to both the thin rectangular boxes in his hands, wrapped in gold wrapping paper. "No, I don't want it." I quickly mumbled eyeing the presents as though they were an offending object. He held a letter out to me.

"Signorina-" my phone rang and I darted off to answer it.

"Hello." I held a finger up to the manager, hoping he had a shit load of work to attend to. Praying he'd get fed up of waiting. "Oh, no I'm absolutely fine Enrique. How have you been? I mean...it was quite an eventful goodbye lunch." He chuckled huskily, it was sexy. God help the women this man falls for because I guarantee she'll be a hot, wet mess every second of every day. Smirking to myself I cleared my throat. "What? No, yeah. Oh you sent that. He just brought it by. Okay, thank you and I'll see you tonight. Take care."

Hanging up I sighed a breath of relief. Returning to the manager I smiled apologetically. He held the envelope out to me once more. "Signore Amorosi sent this for you." I took the letter and smiled at his family seal on it. "And-"

"Thanks, he just told me. Sorry about before." Taking the presents from him I closed the door. Opening the card I found an invitation to La Prince's opening and a smaller envelope. Taking it out I opened it to find a cheque. My eyes widened at the five figure digit, "woh...what is this for?" I didn't know whether to be pissed or not. There was no note clarifying why he'd just given me what looked like a ten thousand dollar bonus, but you could be damn certain that I'd be finding out.

Ripping open the larger present I lifted the lid off the rectangular box. My lips parted with a soft gasp as I peeled away the baby pink ruffle paper, the most beautiful cream evening dress sat folded elegantly within the paper. Carefully taking it out I smiled, it was a silk matelassé gown with asymmetric draping quilted on the bodice. There was a small black card with elegant but bold font, 'Peter Langner, 1234, Italiano. English.' I nearly had a heart attack when I realised it was designer and that too from his 2015 evening collection. "Bloody hell..."

I was now torn between wrapping the dress back up, so to not ruin it by putting it on; and indulging in wearing something I once would have, grudgingly might I add, on a regular basis. My mother would make me wear many different designer gowns to many balls and dinner parties. Ironically it's now that I can't afford such items I appreciate the way wearing such elegant clothing makes you feel special.

My eyes drifted to the other box, placing the dress down gently I opened the second present. As I did earlier I pried away white ruffle paper to find a girl's best friend, second to diamonds...or so I've heard. "Gucci?" My mouth formed an O shape. Inside sat a pair of GG sparkling metallic leather sandals, the straps had a crystal interlocking G detail on each sandal. The heel was slender but the shoe actually looked comfortable. Next to the heels there was a light pink Broadway microguccissima leather evening clutch. I ran my fingers over the interlocking Gs raised over the leather. It matched the shoes perfectly, the entire outfit was complemented by each of the items brilliantly.

It hadn't slipped my mind that Enrique knew my dress and shoe size, it was slightly creepy. I hadn't known the man long, not to mention we'd hardly spoken about anything but business. This was all a little too weird. Showering I made the unanimous decision to just try the dress and shoes on, purely for investigative purposes. I needed to check if they were in fact my size. "Wow..." I breathed, the couture material hung from me frighteningly precisely.

Almost as though it were mapped out specifically for my body.

My phone rang, snapping away from my admiration of the outfit I glanced at the illuminated screen. Nathaniel's name flashed across the screen and I groaned. "Forget about it." Declining the call I placed the phone in the clutch, the magnetic clips snapped together softly. Looking in the mirror again I smiled. I hadn't planned on going to the opening and I definitely wasn't going to keep all these gifts, especially the money, but since I had to speak to Enrique about them and maybe scold him I needed something acceptable to wear...

Having easily convinced myself that wearing the outfit to La Prince's opening night was my only choice I put the cheque, some money and my key card into the clutch also. Making my way to the town car I slipped past the driver as he held the back door open for me. "Thank you." Nodding once he jogged to the driver's seat,

I felt the warm, fuzzy, bundle of nerves type of sensation within the pit of my stomach. I knew for sure that something would happen tonight, it was simply a question of what? Remaining inside the car I looked at the restaurant with pride, lit brightly you caught just enough of a glimpse of the interior to be instantly drawn. A steady stream of well-dressed people queued at the door, handing their invitations over to a young man dressed in a crisp tuxedo.

The driver opened my door and I thanked him again, moving up the stairs I took care not to ruin my dress or shoes, I even hung onto the clutch protectively. Taking the invitation from my clutch I handed it to the young man, with a charming smile he gestured for me to enter. When I walked inside my eyes grew in awe, I was practically gawking. I'd been in there less than two days ago, it had been completely set up then too. But this was different; the crowd, the noises, the large fires blazing in front of award winning chefs...the whole atmosphere was different.

Scanning the crowd I spotted Gabrielle and her husband. They truly did make an impeccable couple. His short, elegantly slicked back blond hair a perfect contrast to her dark long hair. She wore an emerald strapless dress that emphasised her tall and lean body. Waving she motioned for me to come to them. I shook my head and pointed towards Enrique, I had to speak with him first. Walking towards him I came to a halt as he lifted a crystal glass full of what I could only assume was straight liquor, perhaps whisky or scotch, to his lips. Tilting his head back he downed the drink in a singular sip, I cringed at the burn I'm sure he felt but didn't dare express.

His gaze never strayed from a gorgeous girl no taller than me. Her waist long black hair, sat perfectly over one of her shoulders, not a single elegant, loose curl out of place. Looking around the room I could see many beautiful women dressed in the finest couture yet this girl held the attention of every man and even women that passed her. Her dress was simple, a fiery red. Her innocent face could confuse almost anyone, considering her dress did seem quite risqué. It was then that I noticed her glancing up at Enrique, smiling she continued with the conversation she was having, seeming to look up at him often. I realised than that something very intense and I'm sure interesting was happening there.

Regardless of tonight marking the night his biggest dream comes true, I hadn't seen Enrique smile once, since I arrived. His face carried a frustrated scowl, anger was clear. Ironically the girl he'd nonstop started at hadn't stopped smiling and yet I could see the pain behind her chocolate brown orbs, she didn't feel comfortable...it was almost frightening how well she was able to hide it. If it weren't for me, myself recognising those emotions in myself I'd never have seen it hidden behind her practised facade. I knew how it felt to carry the expectations of your entire family, to pretend, sometimes you even start believing that the fake smiles are real.

Walking toward Enrique I smiled. He didn't notice me, he wasn't noticing anyone but her. I was now undoubtably confused. Why send me all these gifts when it's clear he wants someone else? "Congratulations Mr Amorosi, La Prince is officially the talk of Italy." Snapping out of the trance he'd been in he looked at me, offering me a forced smile he looked back towards the girl. "Girlfriend?" He shook his head. "Do you want her to be?" I teased.

"No." He stated firmly. God this man was actually a mystery wrapped in a puzzle, locked in an enigma. He was clearly interested, his gaze never faltered from her and yet he didn't want her.

"You don't think she's beautiful?"

"She's fine." Fine? Was the man seeing what every other person here was, she was perfect. Signalling a waiter he took another glass from the tray as he neared.

"So you don't find anything special about her?"

"I said she's fine." His clipped tone had me backing off. Sighing he ran his free hand through his hair. "Forgive me." Smiling I nodded.

"Thanks for the dress." Looking at me his forehead creased with confusion. "Uh and the shoes and this." I held up the clutch. He looked at each of the items in sheer shock. Chuckling he shook his head.

"I didn't send those Signorina." I was now the one showing signs of confusion. Opening the clutch I took out the check.

"Yes you did, with this." He nodded.

"I sent the check as a bonus. I sent one to Nathaniel, Gabrielle and even De Luca as well. You all did a magnificent job, it was most definitely earned."

"And this." I gestured to myself.

"You look beautiful, I wish I had sent something so perfect for you. Unfortunately I wouldn't know where to begin. When you gift someone something like this...you have to have known every inch of their body. Memorised every curve-"

"Are we still talking about me?" His eyes had drifted to the girl at some point during our conversation. "What's her name?"

"Sabrina Alexandra Ronaldo." I chuckled, he shot me a look and I cleared my throat.

"Sorry, I'll just continue to pretend like she hasn't completely mesmerised you since I've been here."

"Would you like me to pay you attention?" The charm in his tone had returned and it had me laughing a little louder. "I've been meaning to say, it wasn't a terrible kiss that we shared." I smirked.

"I guess you do yet have a bit to learn Mr Amorosi." He smirked.

"I doubt it. You'd be surprised how talented I am." He took another sip from his glass.

"Oh, and modest too." We both laughed more openly. The music slowed and a few couples shifted towards the small stage where a live orchestra was playing. I saw Enrique's jaw lock, following his steely glare I watched an attractive young man guide Sabrina to the dance floor. She smiled comfortably for the first time since I'd seen her, they definitely knew each other well.

"Dance?" He asked throwing back the rest of his drink, I winced again.

"Uh...okay." Taking my clutch he handed it to a waiter before extending a hand to me. Taking his hand I followed him towards the dance floor.

"Merda." Enrique hissed, swatting at his chest, moving around his large frame I scowled at Nathaniel.

"Shit, sorry man. That was my bad." My eyes widened at Enrique's now tainted white jacket. A patch of pink drenched the right hand side of his tux.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I seethed, a waiter rushed over with a cloth. Looking out to the crowd Enrique clenched his jaw tighter, Sabrina kissed the guy on his cheek before crossing the room and heading towards the washrooms. "I'm so sorry-" he left before I could finish. "God, you did that on purpose." Nathaniel smirked.

"You can't prove that Cece." I turned to leave when he caught my wrist. "Dance with me." I tried to pull my arm away.

"Let go Nathaniel." Yanking me forward he pressed his body against mine.

"One dance." He kept a firm grip on my wrist as we moved to join the other couples dancing slowly. Placing a large hand at the small of my back he took one of my hands in his other. Instinctively I lifted my free hand to his shoulder. Pulling me closer he began to move us to the music. I kept my eyes glued to his chest praying the song would just end already. "What were you and Enrique talking about earlier?" My head shot up.

"You were spying?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I was watching. And you were laughing...with him. I remember when I used to be the one who made you laugh-"

"Stop." I demanded attempting to pull away. Spinning us he held me closer.

"Not tonight."

"What do you want from me Nate? Why won't you just leave me alone?" My voice held defeat like never before.

"Why can't you see it?" I shook my head. "I promise, that by the end of tonight you'll have all the answers to your questions. I'm going to fix everything tonight Cece. I'm going to say something I should have eight years ago-"

"Enrique?" Pushing away from him I flipped to watch Enrique storm through the restaurant. He almost knocked several waiters and people to the ground on his way. Clasping my upper arm Nathaniel jerked me back.

"What is it with you and that tool?" He seethed, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Nathaniel something's wrong, can't you see that-"

"Yeah it is. I'm trying tell you something and all you're concerned with is fucking Prince Charming. Are you into him-" breaking away from his grip I took a step back.

"You have no right to ask me that Nathaniel. Eight years is a long time Nate, I've been here that entire time, waiting for you to say something...anything to me. But, you didn't. I've learnt to accept that, there's nothing left for me here. You will always be hers. Warm tears slid down my cheek, turning I hurried out of the restaurant. I saw the valet and security trying to talk Enrique down. Gripping the valet's collar he slammed him against the side of a car. The man shakily handed him his keys. Rushing down the stairs I pulled the passenger side door open just as Enrique slipped into the driver's seat.

Climbing in I closed the door. "Out." I shook my head, his jaw clicked. Starting the engine he drove his foot into the accelerator. The car shot out onto the road, horns blazing as we cut the path of several vehicles.

"Enrique slow down!" He sped up, the engine howled and I gripped the side handle attached to the door. "Enrique!" Ignoring me he continued to break what I'm sure was every traffic law ever written. When we finally stopped I sighed a breath of relief, I didn't realise where we were until I followed Enrique out of the car.

We stood before the ancient ruins of Rome, the sight still held such elegance and beauty. The site truly was magnificent. We both stood before it in silence admiring the ruins but secretly battling the demons of our individual pains. "Why did you kiss me that day Enrique?"

"To save someone." He looked to me and I only then noticed his bruised lips, with a tinge of red lipstick. "I thought if I were already involved with someone...I could keep her from this life...my world."

"Sabrina?" Dropping his head he nodded. "Who is she?" He laughed once without humour.

"My fiancée." My eyes widened.

"What the hell-"

"It's not what you think." Yeah buddy, that's what they all say. "Our families arranged our marriage, neither of us could decline. My life, my world is a dark place. It's full of distrust, danger and loneliness. I don't want her to be swept up into this storm with me."

"But sweeping me into that storm would be fine?" He smiled more sincerely.

"You're already in a storm of your own Signorina...I see the same loneliness I feel, in your eyes. Things you'd say and do...they showed that you'd loved before, that you had been hurt before."

"And you would have been fine with me not loving you?"

"I don't have any love to give in return Signorina, I wouldn't have expected it, yes." He looked back towards the ruins. "It's too late now...plus, you still might have a chance at love." I scoffed, that was a joke if ever I heard one.

"Do you love Sabrina?"

"She loves another man."

"That wasn't an answer Enrique."

"That's because I don't have one Signorina." We stood in silence again. Two broken hearted souls, admiring the ruins that depict our own hearts perfectly.

"I don't understand why neither of you can't just refuse."

"It's politics Signorina...always business." He spat with disgust lacing his tone. "I couldn't say no to my father and neither could she. I'd invite you to the wedding but..." He scoffed darkly. "We should get back, the press are already going to have a field day with my behaviour tonight."

"At least your dream to build La Prince came true."

"Right before a fresh nightmare." I wondered what that meant but let it be.

"I think I'm going to stay." He nodded.

"I'll send Eduardo for you." Taking my hand he placed a soft kiss against my skin. "Who knows, in another life we may have learnt to love each other. If you didn't already belong to someone else." Placing a hand on my cheek he spoke something in Italian, "non hai idea do quanto sei fortunata." He leaned in to kiss my forehead when my body suddenly jerked back.

"How many times do I need to explain this to you?! I fucking warned you about kissing her again!" Pulling me behind his frame Nathaniel gripped Enrique's collars. "I thought we understood each other." He growled, gasping I gripped Nathaniel's arm and attempted to pull him back. Removing one of his hands he pulled it back, only to fist it in the air beside his ear. His fisted hand flew through the air colliding with Enrique's open palm. Gripping Nathaniel's fisted hand in his he lowered his arm.

"Not this time friend, I have to smile for the cameras for the rest of tonight. Can't have you messing this up today." He pointed to his face. Nate jerked his hand away before pulling his fisted hand back again.

"Nate stop! Just fucking stop!" Both men looked at me, as though only now realising that I were still there.

"She's all yours amico." Stepping back he straightened his bow tie. Nodding once he left.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I shoved at his chest. Gripping my arms he pulled me flush against himself.

"Do you have any fucking idea how worried I was?!" He tightened his grip forcing me to wince. "He was fucking drinking Cece! I saw him, one fucking drink after another! You got in that car and he drove like a maniac, I nearly lost it Cece! I nearly fucking lost it!" Pulling me into his chest he wrapped his arms around me protectively. I could feel the rapid pounding of his heart against my cheek. Pressing my palms against his abdomen I pushed away.

"Why do you even care...your life would be so much easier if I didn't exist-" clasping me above the elbow he jerked me forward.

"If you didn't exist, I'd fucking die." He growled.

"Really? Because if I remember correctly, six years ago I was lying in a hospital bed...having almost died, forget visiting me, you didn't even send me a fucking get well soon card!" I turned my head away, determine for him to not see my traitorous tears as they marched down my cheeks. "You didn't even care that I was in that accident too...it could have been me that died-"

"I thought it was fucking you!" He shook me once and my body jolted from his strength. When I got called to the hospital by Amelia's sister, she told me you were both in an accident. I didn't even listen to the rest Nancy, I thought I'd fucking lost you!" I had no words, what was he trying to say? He shook me again. "God you still don't fucking see it do you?!" He laughed once without humour.

"Let go." I demanded, pushing harder against his chest. "I said fucking let me go Nate! I hate you!" I screamed. I shoved harder and he released me, I turned to leave when he caught my wrist.

"I love you." Coming to a stand still I held my breath, his words rang through my ears. When he released my wrist, my arm dropped to my side noisily. Closing the distance between us he ran his hands down my arms. "I love you Cece..." Flipping I shook my head, taking a step away from him I blinked forcing a fresh set of tears to slide down my cheeks. Why would he say this? Was it another prank..the sickest one yet? Was he waiting for me to believe him, just for him to break my heart again?

He matched my several retreating steps with an easy stride of his own. "I hate you!" I screamed.

"I love you." He stated.

"I still hate you..." I replied, quieter this time, our bodies now mere inches from one another.

"I still love you..." He countered easily. I shook my head again, now crying audibly.

"But I hate you..." I breathed through several sobs, cupping my face he connected our foreheads.

"And I, love you." He whispered, clearing my tears away from my cheeks with his thumbs.

"I...I love you-"

"I know." He breathed claiming my mouth in a hard, fast kiss. His tongue ploughing deep into my mouth, locking with mine as our bodies drifted impossibly closer, melding together. Throwing my arms around his neck I tasted him greedily, feeling every syllable of what he'd just said in the way his lips moved with mine. His arms wrapped around my waist seconds before my body was raised off the ground. Breaking the kiss only when it became an urgent necessity to breathe I fastened my arms around his neck while burying my face into his shoulder.

I could no longer differentiate between my laughs and sobs, they all mixed to express this explosion of emotions resembling joy in its every form. Squeezing me closer he kissed my throat, his heated breath warming my skin with each and every husky chuckle that fell from his lips. "I love you Cece...I've loved you since the day I met you." Lifting my head abruptly I met his eyes.

"What?" I all but breathed. He smiled knowingly.

"When you walked into my apartment I knew, I watched you make your way through my apartment...and then you spoke. I couldn't stop grinning, I hadn't planned to kiss you when I stepped in to take care of that tool...but you were right there. In my arms, I couldn't help it. That one kiss, that first taste Cece...I knew for sure, you were the one."

"You never, said anything..."

"I fucked up before I even had a chance, you misunderstood me the morning after my party and then it took me weeks just to get a second chance. I didn't know which way was up with you, I was terrified I'd screw up again and lose you forever." Lowering me to the ground he cupped my face again. "You have no idea Cece, having you with me...every day and not being able to touch you, hold you...make love to you, it was the worst kind of torture. At first I decided to accept that you'd only ever see me as a good friend, but I just fucking couldn't. When you didn't say no the first night we sleep together, my world literally came to life. I had everything. For almost twenty four hours I had the world, I had you..."

His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed, lowering his lips to mine. Turning my head away I sucked in a deep breath. "Nate..." I whispered, suddenly terrified. He still didn't know the truth about Amelia...why I cut him out the way I did. My heart began to ache, I wouldn't survive his reaction, if he didn't except the truth I'd never survive it...

"What's wrong." He turned me to face him, placing a hand on my hip and one to my cheek he kissed my forehead. "Not this time Cece...speak to me, what's wrong?"

"I...I have to tell you something. I...I don't know if you'll believe me, I...seven years ago...after the most perfect night of my life, when you dropped me back to the dorms-"

"Shhh..." He placed his hand over my mouth and I blinked rapidly forcing the fog of tears to clear away. "I know everything." I looked into his eyes, smiling softly he replaced his hand with his lips. "When I..." He trailed off, clenching his jaw. "When I hurt you that night...and you left, I knew I'd gone too far. I came after you. I didn't know where you'd gone, I was in the indoor pool room when you and Charlie came in that night. At first I couldn't move, seeing you so broken...knowing I did that." He shook his head in disgust.

"Seeing that you were safe was enough...I knew I'd never be able to face you again, I even accepted it. Until Charlie asked you for the truth, her words had me glued to my spot. I heard everything...I know the truth Cece, all of it." I released a drawn out breath. "Why didn't you tell me? Couldn't you see how I felt about you? It killed me when...when Amelia told me you chose Chris. Why didn't you tell me that it was you? Why did you keep helping her play us both-"

"I was always there Nate...you just didn't see me. You either couldn't...or didn't want to. You never saw past Amelia's beauty, then you fell in love with her-"

"I didn't fall for her beauty Cece. We both know I only fell more deeply for you. The dates, the proposal...it was all to get over you Cece. I wanted to hurt you...like you hurt me, when you chose Chris. The past six years only added to the guilt of never loving her. I thought hating you would make the guilt go away...it only got worse, knowing that I could never have you because I didn't fight hard enough. I lost you and Amelia all at once Cece, she was my friend...and you are the love of my life."

Absorbing what he'd said I took a beat to breathe, I knew that we had a lot to talk about. But in hindsight, none of it mattered. He loved me and I him, not everyone is fortunate enough to find the love of their lives, we did.

"I guess we both messed up six years ago."

"We've been messing up ever since...me more so." Scanning my body he smiled, "you look beautiful." Glancing down my eyes widened, my head shot up to look at him.

"The presents were from you?"

"Uh, obviously. Only I could find something so perfect for you Cece. besides Prince Charming doesn't have taste like mine, I'm extremely talented you know." I smiled, I guess somewhere I'd assumed, but I wanted to hate him so associating him with such a perfect gift wasn't flying with me.

"Why? Nate this would have cost a fortune." Tucking my hair behind my ear he brushed his thumb across my bottom lip.

"I wanted you to look extra special tonight." I looked around.

"Why?" Shaking his head he dropped to one knee, gasping I stepped back. He instantly caught my hand holding me in place. Slipping his free hand into his jacket pocket he pulled out a small black velvet box. "What are you doing?" He smiled.

"What I should have seven years ago." Snapping the lid open he held the ring closer to me, my jaw dropped.

"My...grandmothers ring-you had it all along!" It was more a statement.

"I found it the morning after the party. You'd already made your decision to stay away from me and I needed an excuse for you to spend time with me...so I, kind of stole it. But I fully planned to give it back to you-"

"Yes." I blurted.

"Yes?" I nodded, breaking out of his grip I cupped his face.

"Yes!" I screamed placing a hard kiss over his lips. Pulling away he took my hand once more, sliding the familiar metal over my finger he kissed the back of my hand. Reaching into his pocket again he pulled out another velvet box. "Two rings?"

"My mum gave me this one...on thanks giving." Shaking his head he chuckled softly. "She could see right through my we're just friends routine. I mean that ring was already yours...I want my given ring on your finger." I blushed, sucking in a deep breath as he slid the second solitaire onto my finger.

"I thought everything was going to end tonight..." Standing he cupped the base of my neck.

"Cece, this is the next chapter in our novel worthy romance." Lowering his lips to mine he took me in a toe curling kiss. "Should we get back to the opening?" He glanced down at my ring triumphantly, rolling my eyes I punched his shoulder. Rubbing his arm dramatically he scowled. "What was that for?"

"Enrique is engaged Nate-"

"Yeah, well now so are you, to me." He clarified. Chuckling I wrapped my arms around his neck. Kissing the side of his neck, then jaw I smiled seductivly up at him.

"We'll send him a wedding invitation...for now, I think you should take me back to the hotel." His eyes darkened as he scanned me hungrily. "I mean we have an early flight...we don't want to be up all night-" crashing his lips over mine he scooped me up into his arms, giggling I let out an excited yelp as he carried me bridal style back to the town car. I looked at the driver sitting on the curb with his knees pulled to his chest, rocking back and forth he was muttering incoherent Italian words. "What happened to him?"

"I...might of lost it. I was scared and pissed that you left with Enrique, also I drove like a maniac." I slapped his arm, he shrugged. It took us a solid hour to convince the driver he'd be safe in the car. Real romantic.

***
"No, look I have the itinerary." Taking out the confirmation I printed I handed it to the attendant.

"I understand mam but you've already canceled the flight." I furrowed my brows trying to remember having canceled my flight to London. "This is your current booking." She swivelled the computer screen around to me and I read it in utter shock.

"I didn't book this-"

"Uh, baby...it worked out didn't it. Let's just go, I mean unless you're still going to London? To invite the family for our wedding?" He rubbed the base of his neck, smiling like a fool. Nodding I took my new boarding ticket for New York and followed him away from the counter.

"So I'm going to go out on a whim here and say you had everything to do with what just happened there." Slamming a quick kiss against my mouth he laced our fingers together before dragging us to the terminal.

"You hungry, I could eat. There's still like half an hour till our flight boards, what about souvenirs, want something-"

"You're a complete loon, you know that?" Smirking he snaked an arm around my waist before pulling my body into his.

"You didn't think I'd actually let you leave me did you?" Shaking my head I blushed. Thirty minutes later our flight boarded, I stood at our seats and began the torturous process of lifting my carry on into the over head space.

"Need a hand?" The guy in front of me smiled already reaching for my bag. Smiling back I nodded.

"I got it." I jumped at Nathaniel's tone, he practically growled at the man.

"I've got it handled man-" snatching my bag from the guy Nathaniel kissed my forehead all the while glaring at the man who'd offered to help.

"Thanks baby." I spoke with amusement lacing my tone. Softening Nathaniel smiled triumphantly at the man. Slipping into my seat I watched him with amusement as he mumbled what I'm sure we're a colourful variety of curses.

"...oh but no, jerk...why can't people just get themselves their own fiancée...always trying to fucking tune mine..." He muttered slumping into his seat and roughly buckling his belt. Cupping his cheek I turned his face towards mine.

"I love you Nathaniel Hughes..." He smiled, turning his face to kiss into my palm.

"I love you too." Resting my head on his shoulder I wrapped my arms around his. "Oh and, if you need to pee...for gods sake wake me up-ouch!" I slapped his chest and his body shook with laughter. "Just thought I should take some precautions, you know, we don't want a repeat of the last time." I reddened, burying my face against his arm. "Just for future reference, nobody but me sees you with your shirt off." Lifting my head I peeked up at him through my lashes.

"It was a distraction Nate-"

"A damn good one..." He groaned.

***
"You're coming back to mine?" I asked as he followed me out of the car Charlie had sent.

"I forgot something here last time." I nodded before quickly informing the driver that Nate would be back. Leading Nate into the building I stopped to check my mail slot, it was empty just as I had assumed. Hector never took collecting my mail lightly. Dragging my bag to the door Nathaniel waited with a strange sense of anticipation on his face, opening my door I gestured for him to enter first.

"Nancy Drew!" Turning I smiled.

"Hey Hector." Closing his door he walked toward me, throwing my arms around his neck I hugged him. Laughing he hugged me back, lifting me off the ground with ease.

"How was Italy?" He asked lowering me to the ground.

"Eventful..." I looked to Nathaniel and he was seething. "I guess you haven't checked out YouTube lately." He furrowed his brows in confusion. "Yeah, we're kind of YouTube famous now." I chuckled placing a hand on Nathaniel's chest. Hectors eyes widened.

"Oh, wow." He drew out the words, releasing a long breath. I looked at my hand. "Looks like it was seriously eventful...you got engaged."

"She was already practically engaged seven years ago, we'd just misplaced the ring." Nathaniel smirked when Hector shuffled awkwardly.

"Uh, I guess congratulations are in order." Smiling I shook his hand, it felt a little too formal but I didn't want to piss Nathaniel off any further. He'd already misunderstood my and Hector's friendship once before. "Uh, I'll see you later than."

"Sure, oh and thank you for getting my mail. You're awesome."

"Anytime Nancy Drew..." Walking backwards he watched us before turning to leave.

"You could have been a little nicer." I hissed folding my arms over my chest, he continued to glare over me. "Nate-" cupping my face abruptly he pulled me closer as his lips descended upon mine with determination, his tongue ploughing into my mouth forcefully. I moaned, fisting the material of his shirt against his chest. Groaning he kissed me harder, with strength I didn't know I possessed I slammed his back against the wall, moaning louder I slid my hands to cup the base of his neck. I felt him smile against my lips, grinding my lower body against his quickly hardening member I pulled away to breath. "Sleep over?" I breathed, panting. Nodding he looked over my head with a cocky smirk, shoving him into my apartment I closed the door behind us.

"Well damn...this, I could get used to." Kicking off my shoes I unbuttoned my jeans, walking towards my bed we undressed each other almost feverishly. "Fuck this is sexy..." He breath, pushing him onto the bed I climbed on after him. Walking on my knees up to straddle his waist I dropped my lips to his naked pecks, groaning he gripped my hips. Nipping and sucking a path of wet kisses down his abdomen I moaned, rocking against him my heat began to lubricate his length. "Fuck..." He grated. Stopping I looked up at him.

"I...don't have anything-ah!" I let out a loud yelp when my back hit the mattress. Spreading my legs apart with his knee he lowered his lips to my ear.

"We don't need anything anymore...Mrs Hughes." My eyes widened.

"We aren't married yet, I could still walk away-" straightening abruptly he furrowed his brows scanning my eyes with a frantic rage and...fear. "Nate I was, I was joking." Cupping my cheek with one of his large palms he kissed my forehead.

"Don't ever joke about that again Cece. We've waisted seven years already...I'm never going to lose you again, do you hear me, I won't allow you to walk away this time." Kissing me passionately he repositioned himself between my legs, I moaned and my body tensed as his thick crown ran along my slit. Easing into me he lowered his body over mine. "I love you Cece...I always have, I always will."

"Do you have any idea how long I've waited to hear you say that?" I whispered, clenching around him as he began to rock in and out of me at an even pace.

"About as long as I've waited to say it..."

"I love you." I gasped as he quickened the pace, burying his face against the side of my neck and biting into my heated flesh. "I love you so much..."

The End...

__________________________

Hey lovelies,

Ill be posting the next chapter of New Orleans on Wattpad for free when the crew hits 1000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel (Cynthia Rayne Official) and Facebook Page (@OfficialCynthiaRayne) ;) what are you waiting for, head over and check it out...

https://youtu.be/eAtjS_i1TCw
Let's get the crew to 1000 subscribers <3

To top it off I will be reposting You Are My Addiction in full to celebrate hitting the thousands on YouTube...free copy of the final instalment is only one click away ;)

Don't forget to put in requests for what kind of content you all would like to see.

Cheers
Cynthia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1.7K 39
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
621K 32.4K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...
18.2K 979 54
Sabrina has had a good life. Growing up with a amazing family, she has nothing to worry about. That changes when she gets kidnapped but they just so...
1.9M 65.7K 57
Martina is a bubbly Spanish 21 year old girl full of insecurities and a little apprehensive towards love. Everything changes when she meets Ace, a se...