Not Your Typical Love Story

By INSANITY36XOXX

Scarlett Pierce is your typical popular cheerleader: gorgeous, blonde, and of course is dating the hottest gu... More

Introducing the Main Characters & AN
Chapter 1: Senior Math and Cold Pizzas
Chapter 2: Math Tutor + Brother's Best Friend = Should Be Interesting
Chapter 3: Sneezing and Cheating
Chapter 4: Brothers and Best Friends
Chapter 5: Regrets and Mistakes
Chapter 6: Mean girls and Rumors
Chapter 7: Break ups and Evil Plans
Chapter 8: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 9: Blackmail and Moving out
Chapter 10: An Exciting Lunch
Chapter 11: Bloody Noses, Black Eyes and Bad Books
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: The Bitchtionary
Chapter 14: The Airplane Boy
Chapter 15: Drunkness At Parties
Chapter 16: The Art of Getting Through an Awkward Conversation
Chapter 17: Friend-Zoned
Chapter 18: The Auction
Chapter 19: The Dates; Part 1
Chapter 20: The Dates; Part 2
Chapter 21: The Dates; Part 3
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: Discovery
Chapter 24: The Three Musketeers
Chapter 25: Finally
Chapter 26: The Big Suprise
Chapter 27: Milk Mustaches
Chapter 28: Nate; Master Secret Keeper? Or Failed Match-Maker?
Chapter 29: Courtney Makes A Comeback
Chapter 30: Dinner with the Jones?

Chapter 27: Forgetting?

272 10 1
By INSANITY36XOXX

"Would you totally object if I...."

"Tried to rape me? Yes, I'd object"

"Not what I was going to say."

"Well then what were you going to say?

"I was going to say 'Would you totally object if I kissed you?'"

"I don't know"

And then he kissed me.

I woke up smiling. I just couldn't stop thinking about it, the scene replaying in my head. What was he thinking about it? After he kissed me, I just looked up at him in shock, my mind spinning out of control. Mostly, I was thinking what this made us, were we officially a couple? Relationships confuse me. Right as I decided to get up, my phone vibrated.

Care bear: hey

Scar: oh hi, I was just about to call you

Care bear: Can we talk? In person? I can pick you up

Scar: yeah sure, just let me get ready, pick me up in ten minutes

I'll admit it, I'm nervous, I may have just not talked the whole entire ride home, feeling incredibly awkward and out of character. I just didn't know how to react. Sure, I'd kissed other guys but Carson.... Carson was different. He was my brother's best friend, also, he was my friend. He's the guy that helps me with my homework. Most importantly, he's the guy I used to think of as a brother. Then things changed.

As I was thinking, I changed into a pair of shorts and a blue top i picked up off of the floor. So I'm not a neat person, sue me. Just as I slipped on a pair of toms, I heard the doorbell ring, I ran to grab my sunglasses and phone, and stuffed them in my back pocket while running a brush through my hair. As I ran down the stairs, I tried to calm the butterflies in my stomach. It was just like how we always hang out, right? I couldn't even convince myself of it. I knew what he wanted to talk about, and I knew it had to be done. 

I rushed to the door and when it opened I froze with fear. I know it was only Carson, but at the same time, it was Carson. The guy who could just glance at me and send shivers down my spine (N.A. don't judge me I'm trying to be cliche here).

"Hey," I mumbled, looking at my feet.

"Hi" he answered, looking just as awkward as I felt. We stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Carson cleared his throat.

"Let's go." and he walked to his car without looking at me. I quietly followed.

The car ride was silent and awkward, just as it had been after he kissed me. He parked the car at a local park, and we both got out. We walked to a park bench and sat down, as far away from each other as possible. For a long time we both said nothing, just sat there. I looked at the old playground no one used anymore, as I waited for Carson to start talking.

"Okay, we need to talk." he said decisively. He looked at me for a response

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"About our... you know, kiss..." he trailed off uncertainly.

"Yeah," I responded. Where was he taking this? I don't even know what I thought of it.

"I think-" 

"How about we just forget about it?" I blurted out, interrupting him, and we both blushed.

"Wha- I... Yeah, let's just forget." Carson suddenly seemed cold and looked anywhere but me. 

"Listen... I've really got to go home, I have a lot of homework...."

"Yeah, yeah, of course." he started walking back to his car, his posture stiff and rigid. Curious as to why he switched moods so suddenly, I followed behind and jogged to catch up.

Once again, the car ride was silent, since he turned off the radio. I spent the whole time looking out the window and seeing his reflection glance at me once and a while. I chose to ignore it, as he wasn't in the best mood.

As we pulled up to my house, I grabbed my purse, eager to get out of the car. As soon as he stopped the car, I jumped out, murmuring a quick thanks before running to the front door, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. 

At the same time as I was opening the door from the outside, my brother was opening it from the inside. He spotted Carson backing out of the driveway and waved him back, while running towards him. Carson slowly got out of the car, still not looking at me.

"Hey man, I was just about to go to your house," Nate said, doing that weird guy hug thing with Carson.

"Yeah, hey. I was just here to drop your sister off, we ran into each other at the mall." Carson said quickly.

"Come in for a bit man, I bet you could stay for dinner." Nate said, smiling, and clearly oblivious to any tension between Carson and me.

"Umm... I, uh" Carson stuttered, clearly racking his brain for an excuse.

"Oh come on man" Nate laughed out, not catching on that he really didn't want to stay around me much longer.

"I.... Okay..." Carson stammered reluctantly. I, realizing I was just standing in the doorway listening to their conversation, spun on my heel, and stalked up to my room. Who cares about Carson anyways? I'd just have to be the mature one and act normal, because being my brother's best friend, Carson is always going to be around no matter how much I wish he'd just thought of an excuse quicker to leave.

I could hear Nate talking loudly downstairs, and Carson fake laughing downstairs. I rolled me eyes. Wait, why was I acting like this? I feel like a snob. I decided to call Betsi, nothing like calling your best friend to calm you down.

"Hey hey" I heard in Betsi's always hyper voice over the phone.

"Hi Bets," I said as cheerfully as I could, though I knew she'd see right through it.

"What did Carson do?" She demanded without hesitation. Best friends, can't live without them, can't hide anything from them.

"Well...." I said, biting my lip, suddenly reluctant to talk about it.

"Come on Scar, I think we both know I'll get it out of you eventually," she sighed. We both knew she was right.

"Fine," I groaned and explained everything to her, not leaving out anything, to the way Carson acted after.

"Wow, first of all I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THIS YESTERDAY." Betsi screamed, and I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

"Oh... sorry," I replied pathetically.

"I'm not done yet," she continued, "Second, from what I'm hearing, Carson didn't really want to "forget about it." I honestly still think he's head over heels for you."

"Hah," I snorted quite unladylike, "As if."

"Denial, the first stage," My british best friend teased, and I could just see her rolling her eyes.

"Whatever, I've got to go, bye. Can I crash at yours tonight?" I asked, knowing I didn't need to.

"Why do you even ask? Of course," Betsi said, knowing full well I would've come over whatever she said.

"Thanks, I'll come by  later, but I've really got to go, bye," I said and hung up.

I needed to think, alone for a while. Was what Betsi said true? Did Carson really want to take things farther? Did I? Again, relationships confuse me. The kiss with Carson was different than any other kiss I'd ever had. It was special, but did I really want to ruin the brother/sister relationship I had with Carson? What if things didn't work out? One, he was my brother's best friend, we'd see each other pretty much everyday, not to mention we have classes together and he tutors me. Deep in thought, I was interrupted by the soft cries coming from my parent's room.

"But- yes I know, but the kids Mark.... Well, please stop it, I get it. You don't think I know that?! Well you're not much of a help either, always criticizing me. Don't bring that up, that's not your place. Fine." I heard my mom muttering into her phone, and crept in to see her hang up and put her head in her hands.

"Mom?" I approached her cautiously, not wanted to set her off.

"Oh, hi Scarlet, hon," my mom said wearily, looking tired.

"Are you alright?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

"Yes, I'm fine, just tired. All I need is a rest." she mumbled, rubbing at her temples.

"Would you like me to make you some tea?" I enquired, wanting to make my mother fell better.

"No, I just need some rest," she insisted, "But thank you Scarlet."

"Alright, I'm going to sleep over at Betsi's tonight, is that okay?"

"Yes, that's fine," she said, lying down, hinting I should get out, and I slowly backed out of the room, concerned for my mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm terribly sorry I haven't updated in a while. Man, a lot has gone on between now and I last wrote a chapter. Alright, so I know this one is short than others, I know, I know I'm sorry.... School is being stressful and a bunch of other things.... Anyways, What's going on with Carson??? What's going on with Scarlet's and Nate's parents? Find out, probably in a couple months because it's Jess's turn.

Okay, I wrote this instead of my history report, so I've got to go do that.

~ Em

(To the side is what Scar wore)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 237 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...
4.8M 161K 35
"Maybe instead of focusing on getting girl's numbers, you should focus on getting A's." People automatically think "nerd" when they hear the name Jad...
370K 10.5K 60
~Mature content~ "What the hell did you do to me?" His growl sends a shiver down my spine. The room suddenly becomes so much smaller as I fight a lo...
Socially Stupid By M

Teen Fiction

33 0 28
It's not your typical teenage love story. Kayla Sanders, navigating the waters of high school, has found herself falling for her neighbor, Andrew. He...