Broken: A Kelly Story

Da crazigirl12

Broken Hearts. Broken Families. Broken Relationships. Broken Lives. Does it get any worse than this? Will it... Altro

Broken: Chapter One.
Broken: Chapter Two.
Broken: Chapter Three.
Broken: Chapter Four.
Broken: Chapter Five.
Broken: Chapter Six.
Broken: Chapter Seven.
Broken: Chapter Eight.
Broken: Chapter Nine.
Broken: Chapter Ten.
Broken: Chapter Eleven.
Broken: Chapter Twelve.
Broken: Chapter Thirteen.
Broken: Chapter Fourteen.
Broken: Chapter Fifteen.
Broken: Chapter Sixteen.
Broken: Chapter Seventeen.
Broken: Chapter Nineteen.
Broken: Chapter Twenty.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-One.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Two.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Three.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Four.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Five.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Six.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Broken: Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Broken: Chapter Thirty.
Broken: Chapter Thirty-One
From Broken to Fixed.

Broken: Chapter Eighteen.

84 9 0
Da crazigirl12

Next Day. Suspension Day 1

**Kiara's Pov
They released me this morning around 9 because that's when they got the paperwork. I was so glad because I was ready to get in my own bed. Mom drove us to my apartment with Derrick and Reese, since my car was still at school. Reese forgot she had my keys this whole time.
Reese: I'll get the car when I get to school.
Me: You better!

I also made an appointment for the twins to get DNA testing done tomorrow and it's right after Derrick goes to his appointment so they'll all be there for support and we'll all be there for him as well.
Me: Make sure you tell Carnell to tell Kelly it's at 4:30.
Reese: I'll tell him as soon as I see him Ki.
Me: Good.

Once we arrived to my apartment, we all got out to go inside. Yes, I was letting Derrick go in too. We walked up the stairs as I fumbled to find my keys in my purse. I found them and unlocked the door and opened it so we all could go inside.

When I opened the door I found a envelope on the floor with my name on it. I picked it up as everyone went in. I slipped it in my purse so they wouldn't notice.

Mom: Well Kiara, I got all of your stuff in. You gone be fine with the twins or do you need me to stay?
Me: No Mom, I got it. Plus, you need to go and take care of Derrick anyways.
He had just sat down and started playing with the twins who were all over him.
Me: Twins be careful!
Derrick: Oh Kiara, I'm fine. You guys don't have to worry about me.

They continued playing. I think he's in denial about everything that's going on with him. Everytime we try and take it slow with him, he makes sure we know he's fine but he's not. I really hope he gets better though. I want him in the twin's life.

Mom, Reese, and Derrick got up and left after about 30 minutes of playing with the twins. They were wore out and sleepy by the time Derrick got finished tickling them. So they went right to bed. I started typing up my paper so I could have it ready for class on Friday. I couldn't believe I got a three day suspension. What am I gonna do for those three days? I should go to work.. But who's gonna watch the kids? Or should I stay with them to bond and rest? I finished working on my paper, I didn't need to start stressing about that and have another episode. Especially not with just the twins here..

I remembered the envelope I picked up and put in my purse. I went and got it out and opened it. What could it be? I unfolded the letter and it read:

Kiara Parker:

We are displeased to inform you about you being behind on your rent. Rent is due ASAP for you and you will be needing to pay 1/4th of the total plus rent for this month in order for us to keep you here. You have until the 20th to get it together.

I didn't finish reading it... I know I'm only one month behind on rent and that would be August only. It's the beginning of September , I didn't understand! I folded the paper back up and put it on my night stand and continued to do my paper.

***Reese's Pov
By the time I got to school, it was lunch time so I made my way to the cafeteria. Everyone was talking and laughing and having a good time. I went over to find some cheerleaders to sit with.
Me: Hey guys!
They all greeted me. I sat down.
Layla: So is it true?
Me: What's true?
Layla: Kiara's your sister?
Me: Yes..
Layla: Oh my gosh, like I totally remember her!
Layla can be a little dense.
Layla: Word around school is that Kelly's her baby daddy.. And that she's in the hospital now because she had a mental breakdown.. Is it true?
Me: More like babies daddy.. She has twins. And she has what they call an acute stress disorder.
Layla: Oh gosh! Like I hope she's gonna be okay!
Me: She's fine. They released her today..
Layla: I heard that Lauren's pretty mad and is planning to do some really evil stuff went she gets back. Tell Kiara to watch herself.
Me: I will.

I seen Carnell sitting with his basketball boys and Kelly stopped over to talk to him. I decided then that I should tell him what Kiara said.. I walked over to their table.
Me: Hey..
Carnell: Hey gorgeous... You okay?
Me: I'm good. Umm Kelly, Ki--
I stopped myself before I said it where everyone could hear. Even though I'm sure it didn't matter, I seen the look in his eyes...
Me: Can I talk to you over here for a minute?
Kelly: Sure..
I pulled him to the side.
Kelly: I'm glad you caught the hint.
Me: That look on your face, trust me I caught it.
Kelly: Thanks for not mentioning it, I didn't want people asking about it.
Me: Question..
Kelly: Shoot.
Me: Why are you here?
Kelly: Oh, I came to bring Carnell's lunch that he left at home. I need to be leaving now before some one catches me.
Me: Okay, well since you're here. Tomorrow, 4:30.. DNA testing. Don't be late.
I patted him on his shoulder as he swiftly walked off. I sat down at the table with Carnell.
Carnell: What was that about?
Me: DNA test..
Carnell: Today?
Me: Tomorrow at 4:30. Tell your mom, and make sure he's there.
Carnell: I will Reese... Hey..
Me: What?
Carnell: Nothing, I just wanted to look at you again.
I smiled and blushed.
Me: You're so.... Unpredictable.
Carnell: I know..
He winked at me as I walked away.

The bell rang for lunch to be over. As everyone got up and tried to make their way out of the cafeteria all at once, Lauren came over and hooked her arm to mine.
Lauren: Hey co-Captain!
Me: umm, hey..
Lauren: Listen, I have a few questions for you.
I looked at her suspiciously.
Me: Okay?
Lauren: What's going on with Kelly and your sister now?
Me: Nothing. Did you not hear?
Lauren: All I know is that they were fussing in the hallway .. Why would they be fussing if he doesn't remember her?
We pushed our way out of the cafeteria and into the crowded hallway. She held onto my arm leading me into the wrong direction for class.
Lauren: Did she make him remember her?
Me: Lauren, no! She didn't want anyone to know she was even here.
Lauren: How'd she even expect to keep that up. I never forgot her..
Me: Of course you didn't.
Lauren: So what happened Reese? And don't lie to me.
Me: Kelly remembered her on his own.
Lauren: Something or someone had to trigger that!
Me: Why don't you ask him this? Because I don't know the answer to your question.
Lauren: Did he show up at the hospital yesterday?
Should I go ahead and tell her or should I just let her wonder?

***Kelly's Pov
I've been avoiding Lauren. I haven't returned her calls or texted her back. I haven't made an effort to see her or anything. I know I'm gonna have to sit down and talk with her soon so I might as well do it today. I texted her:

Come to my house after school.

It was 4:30 and Carnell just walked in the house. I got up thinking Lauren wouldn't be too far behind him.
Me: She with you?
Carnell: Who?
Me: Lauren?
Carnell: Nah. Was she supposed to be?
Me: Yeah , well I told her to meet me here.
Carnell: Well she is a cheerleader and Reese is one to and she's at practice.

This wasn't even about Reese.
Carnell: Speaking of Reese, she told me to tell you that tomorrow at 4:30 they'll be doing the DNA test and for you not to be late.
I sat back down. The thought of me being a potential father is overwhelming. Even though, I already know those kids are mine.. I mean who else's could they be! But if I'm not, she lied to me... And if I'm not, that would hurt me even more. Carnell came over and put his hand on my shoulder.
Carnell: You okay man?
Me: It's a lot to take in.
Carnell: You might as well get ready to face the truth. If they are yours , then the best thing for you to do is be in their lives. You've already missed enough.
Then the doorbell rang. I got up again and looked at Carnell while he went to get it.
Carnell: Lauren. Come on in.
He opened the door and there she stood. I went over to the door.
Me: Hey.
Lauren: Hey, are you going to let me in?
Me: Yeah.
I moved so she could come in and we went over and sat on the couch. 
Lauren: Kelly, why have you been ignoring me?
Me: Well, you look nice today!
Lauren: Kelly!
Me: I mean I haven't seen you in a minute!
Lauren: I know and I want to know why!
Me: I'm sure you heard what happened..
Lauren: I'm here for you to explain.
Me: I remember who Kiara is.. Like I know!
Lauren: How! Did she make you remember ?
Me: Lauren no, I was frustrated about my mom trying to make me remember but I couldn't. And I flipped out. So I punched a hole in the wall of my closet. When I did, I found some old stuff and a photo album and her picture was in it. Then it all came back to me. I remember it all.
Lauren: So since you remember , did you ever sleep with her?
I seen her eyes water up ....
Lauren: Did you?
Me: I did Lauren but--
Lauren: But what? It didn't mean anything? Your lying.. Because when I asked you this after Kiara said she was pregnant , you told me it wasn't yours! So you lied to me about that too!
Me: I didn't want to hurt you and I wanted to be with you.
Lauren: You only wanted to be with me because she was leaving you & you knew she wasn't coming back!
She was really crying then.
My mom walked in and she quickly wiped her eyes but you could still tell that she'd been crying.
Mom: Oh hey Lauren, you okay?
Lauren: Yes ma'am. I'm fine. I was just leaving.
Mom: Okay and so was Kelly. Come on, you're appointment is at 5:30.
I got up and walked with Lauren out and Mom was saying something else
Mom: I heard about the DNA testing tomorrow... You just be ready Kelly.
Damn!! Lauren turned and looked at me.. And then she just walked off to her car.
I got in the car with my mom and she was on the phone rambling about some work business while she drove us off. I just sat and pouted and sulked.. What have I gotten myself into?
Mom: Kelly..
I looked over to her.
Mom: What's going on with you?
Me: Life and a lot of stuff I don't know about.
Mom: I understand son... I promise it should all get better from here.
Me: Okay... But mom , don't you know how much I love Lauren?
Mom: I know how much you say you love her.. That's what I know.
Me: Okay, so why would you just blurt out my personal business like that?!
Mom: What ? It's not like she doesn't know about you and Kiara! Hell, all of you all were in it together if you ask me. And it's not personal if you blurted it out in front of everyone at school. Everyone knows that you're most likely these kids dad.
She was right. Everyone did know... I just didn't like how Lauren looked at me. She looked as if I betrayed her.
Me: Why do you think Lauren looked at me like that?
Mom: The world will never know Kelly. All I know is that you got yourself in this mess and you gotta choose a way to handle it. I know you need help figuring out what it is that you're missing and can't remember.. I know this. That's why we're going where we're going now.
Me: I blame you for all of this... I was fine until I listened to you.
Mom: Huh?
Me: If I would have just left Kiara alone and stopped accusing her of doing things that I knew she didn't do, we would've been fine. I knew she didn't cheat on me. I knew that but I listened to you because you thought she was trying to trap me!
Mom: I was just protecting you! I didn't know Kiara's intentions for you, all I wanted you to do was make sure! Now, I love Kiara.. I love her more than Lauren. I told you to watch her too!
Me: Lauren was all I had and still is now Ma.. She's not going anywhere. If the twins are mine then I'm going to do my part. But other than that , I want you to stay out of it.
By this time, we were at the center. I got out and walked in with my mom trailing behind me.

***Kiara's Pov
Once I finished my paper, it was 4:30.
Me: I wonder where Tee is Rylan..
Ry: Teee!
Me: Sssh! Don't wake RayRay!
Ry put his hand over his mouth. I laughed, he's so humorous.
Me: Big boy, you wanna go back to school?
He shook his head no.
Me: Why not?
Ry: I like to be with Tee Nana Ma..
I know he likes being with Mom but I really want him learning and getting ahead. I don't want any problems when headstart kicks in. I know I sound like a strict parent, I just want better for my kids.

There was a knock at the door and I knew it had to be Reese. I went to open it.
Me: Hey sis!
Reese: Hey criminal! I brought your car back in one piece.
Me: Thanks! Hey, can you stay with them while I run downstairs ?
Reese: Don't mind if I do! I was staying anyways.
She flopped down on the couch and put her feet up as Rylan crawled all over her.
Me: Rylan, get your Tee together.
Ry: Kay, mommy.. My Tee, RayRay sleep ...

I continued out the door and downstairs. Where was I headed? To the landlord's office. I had to get this straightened out with him. I knocked on the old door and heard someone say come in. I opened it and walked in.
Me: Mr. Ricky?
Mr. Ricky: Hello there! How can I help you?
Me: Kiara Parker. You left a note under my door about me being behind on rent?
Mr. Ricky: You seem to be a little confused.. Like you seem to think that I'm wrong about something?
Me: Yes.. Yes I do seem to think you're wrong.
Mr. Ricky: It's not an eviction notice. It's a warning before the eviction notice.
Me: That's the thing... I don't believe I'm behind on my notes.
Mr. Ricky: How come sweets?
Me: I moved in, in June.. I paid for June and July upfront. Then I paid for August and it's the beginning of September.
Mr. Ricky: You didn't pay for August.. You came down here and told me that you would pay when you got your check Friday. You never returned. You got til the end of this month to pay for both months, no late fees or excuses will be given. I told you before you moved in that its strict around here.

There was no way I was going to have $600 before the end of this month.
Mr. Ricky: Good luck Kiara..
Me: Yeah, of course.
I turned around and left out and went back to my floor with this heavy burden. I walked in and Raylin was awake. She ran to me with her arms open. I picked her up and proceed to the couch.
Me: When'd this critter wake up?
Reese: Just a few minutes ago. Hey , your phone rang . I didn't answer it though.
Me: Why not?
Reese: I didn't want to get up!
Me: Lazy!
Reese: Sorry.
I took Raylin to go and get my cell phone and I checked it. Messages from Rachel and a missed call from Aunt Shonda. I haven't spoke to her since the day I moved in. I called her back.
Me: Hey Aunt Shonda... Long time no talk huh?
Aunt Shonda: Yes sweetie, how have things been?
Me: It's been good. A little rough but I'm learning to take things day by day. How about you?
Aunt Shonda: Everything's been going good. You know me.. I miss having my little monsters here.
Me: Just forget me huh?
She laughed and replied.
Aunt Shonda: Oh you know I miss you too, I always wanted a daughter so that's what having you around felt like.
Me: I know.. I miss you too.
Aunt Shonda: Do you guys need anything?
Of course I did but I can't ask her for all of that.
Me: No ma'am , we're good!
Aunt Shonda: I'm sending something anyways. I picked up some things for the twins.. I thought it would be cute for them.
Me: Okay, that's fine then.
Aunt Shonda: Kiara, I heard about you being in the hospital. I knew you wouldn't tell me but your mom called. She was crying and she needed someone to talk too. Luckily, I answered this time and she told me everything that was going on.
Me: Really?
Aunt Shonda: Yes, I know you're mom hasn't made the best decisions in life and Derrick either but right now, they're going through a tough time. You need to be there for them. You need to be there with them. And you need to take better care of yourself.
Me: I understand Aunt Shonda..
Aunt Shonda: Mmhm... Don't make me come down there.
Me: I'm good. I promise.
Aunt Shonda: Okay, give the twins the phone.
Me: Okay. Raylin, Tee Shonda on the phone.
She grabbed the phone and smiled. I put her in speaker.
Aunt Shonda: Hey mama.. What you doing big girl?
Ray: Tee!!
Aunt Shonda: Yeah, I miss you.
Ray: Miss you! Ma, get Ry.
I went and took the phone to Rylan.
Me: Rylan get the phone.
Ry: Who?
Me: Tee Shonda!
Ry: Tee Shon!
Aunt Shonda: Hey big man!
Ry: Hey!
Aunt Shonda: Tee miss you baby.
Ry: Miss you too Shon.
Me: That's your Tee, Ry..
Ry: Tee Shon.
Reese: Hey Aunt Shonda!
Aunt Shonda: Is that my Reese?! Oh my! She sounds so grown! Give her the phone.
Me: She can hear you girl! Calm down.
I handed her the phone and sat down on the couch again with Raylin. They talked for a long time.. I miss staying there with her. I had no worries whatsoever..

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

343K 6.1K 32
After leaving her royal family because she can't handle that her sister married her one true love. But before leavin he threatens her that if she da...
2.3K 98 54
4 girls,4 exes,4 sisters, 1 cousin. Everything turns out to be a big war. People get hurt, people cheat. All people fall in love. Is everything going...
666K 12.8K 29
A happily married couple. About to raise a child, when she loses the baby. Her husband cheats on her. She becomes suicidal. What else could go wrong?
1.9K 122 21
Are promises really meant to be broken? If yes, then why does it hurt so much? If no, then what drove me to? How did I let a single promise change m...