Mistakes and Reasons (Drarry)

By Clevermess

13 years after the war, Harry found himself very happy. He was engaged to Ginny and watched over his godson T... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 12

37.5K 1.5K 1.2K
By Clevermess

WARNING-THIS CHAPTER HAS CHILD ABUSE IN IT

Harry's P.OV

Draco didn't sleep all night and I couldn't blame him, he just lost his son. I stayed up with him and tried to calm him down. He had clung to me tightly the entire night, holding me like I was next to go. 

First thing in the morning, I brought Ted to his grandma's and then we headed to the ministry. We were sent upstairs and greeted by a woman.

"Ah Mr. Potter, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Mr. Malfoy here just lost his son," I explained. "You see his son's mother was absent for his whole life and decided to come back. She wasn't happy with the living arrangement so she renounced guardianship."

"Why was she unhappy with the arrangement?"

"Because he and I are a couple." I bit my lip and the lady nodded.

"Well there isn't anything wrong with that and you say she's been absent?" I nodded. Draco, who  had been clinging to my arm, pulled away gently and spoke up.

"For his whole life ma'am, 13 years ago she left him on my doorstep." He answered.

"Oh well if she abandoned the child, we can get him back." She replied and Draco relaxed.

"Thank you."

"This will turn into a custody battle Mr. Malfoy, are you prepared for that?" She questioned.

"As long as it gets me son back." Draco spoke as his voice cracked.

"Alright, so I'll put it in with the ministry." She informed us. "But unfortunately he'll have to live with his mother until they decide who he goes to."

"Can I see him at least?"

"It's up to Astoria."

"I'm never going to see him again." Draco muttered.

"It'll be okay sweetheart, I promise," I whispered to him. "Thank you, when should we expect to show up for the custody hearing?"

"About two weeks is when we will start. She'll be served as soon as the paperwork goes through." She enlightened and I felt Draco tense next to me.

"That long?"Draco nearly yelled.

"Well we can make her send him back to Hogwarts to finish the year." She explained.  "And then we'll settle everything while he's there, call him out when he's needed and it'll be okay."

"Okay." Draco said. "Thank you."

"It's my pleasure." She said. We made our way out of the ministry and Draco clung  to me once more and started crying slightly.

"Hey it's going to be alright Draco, I promise." I told him.

"The ministry doesn't like me Harry!" He yelled. "I-I'm a death eater!" He sobbed.

"No you're not." I yelled then made him look me in the eyes. "I will help you get Scorpius back, you're not in this alone dragon, I promise you, we'll get him back."

"Thank you, Harry." He hugged me tightly. "Thank you." 

Scorpius' P.O.V

I didn't know what time it was when Astoria came to get me but it was bright outside.

"Are you ready to be nice?" She hissed. Without saying a word, I bolted out of the door to go find the bathroom. I finally found one and relieved myself from holding it in so long. I walked back over to her and she looked at me. "Good afternoon Scorpius." She said.

"I wanna see my dad." I told her.

"Well you can't. We need to get you new clothes before you go back to Hogwarts." She mentioned. "I take it you're in Slytherin."

"No, Gryffindor." I shook my head and she sneered.

"Why? You're pureblood!" She scoffed.

"Dad said blood status doesn't matter, but he did want me to be in Slytherin."

"Well that's one thing we agree on." She snarled.

"Can I get some food please?"

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Well you should have through of that before getting sorted into Gryffindor." She said.

"But that's not my choice!" I yelled.

"Don't yell at me!" She growled and I bit my lip. "Now let's go get you out of those filthy muggle clothes." 

"No!" I yelled. She slapped me again and grabbed my arm tightly.

"We're going." She apparated to the little wizard shops and dragged me around. She made me try on tons of clothes. I hated every piece of them, I just wanted my regular clothes. Plus I was so hungry my stomach started hurting. When she finally let us go home and she gave me some food It wasn't much but it was something. "Well?" She asked.

"Um it's good?"

"Where are your manners?" She hissed. "You're welcome!"

"Oh, thank you..." I whimpererd.

"I thought leaving you with the Slytherin prince would teach you some manners but obviously not."

"He's taught me a lot Astoria!" I hissed and she slapped me again.

"Call me mom, I'm your mother!"

"You're nothing to me." I roared. She grabbed me from across the table and threw me against the ground. I groaned in pain but she hit me again and again. She picked me up and threw in me in the little room.

"Obviously you don't know respect you little twit!" She snarled. She slammed the door and darkness filled the room.

***

Third Person P.O.V

"Well it's time to go back to Hogwarts." Harry said to Ted as they were on the platform. Draco was with them hoping he could catch a glimpse of his son. Being only one week, he wasnt sure how much longer he could take without him. 

"Is Scorpius coming back?" Ted asked.

"He should be." Harry replied so Ted nodded, looking around slightly for his best friend. He glanced at Draco who smiled shyly when they made eye contact. Ted really missed his best friend, he couldn't imagine the pain Mr. Draco was going through. 

"Ted!" They heard a yell and they all turned around. Scorpius ran over to them and engulfed Ted into a hug.

"Scorp!" He hugged the taller boy tightly. When they pulled away, Scorpius whipped around and jumped on Draco.

"Dad!" He held him tightly.

"Scorpius we're doing all we can to get you home.,Draco cried. "I love you."

"I love you too." Scorpius cried. "I left Astoria on the other side; I told her I didn't want to see her as I left."

"Scorpius it'll be okay," Draco assured. "We filed for custody, you need to stay at Hogwarts until the ministry comes and gets you, okay?"

"Okay dad." Draco kissed Scorpius' cheek.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too." Draco hugged him tighter and the train whistle sounded. "Bye dad, I love you." Scorpius ran off and jumped on the train, Ted followed him.

"He's okay." Draco said to Harry.

"You'll get him back." Harry hugged his blonde boyfriend and they started walking. They walked out off the platform only to be faced with Astoria.

"You bitch! How could you do this to me?" Draco hissed and Harry had to hold him back from lunging at the woman in front of him.

"I should have never left him with you!" Astoria yelled. "He is the most disrespectful child I have met!"

"Because you took him from his home!" Draco defended and Astoria's contorted into a sneer.

"You wouldn't let me see him," She growled. "I only wanted to see him!"

"You abandoned him, how did you even found out his name? I'm the one who named him."

"Oh it was on his birth certificate." She said.

"What do you want from me?" Draco asked.

"I wanted to see my son and you prevented me from doing that. What you and Harry are doing is disgusting; my son shouldn't have to be subjected to that kind of lifestyle."

"He's my son."

"Not for long." She snickered. She walked away and Draco groaned.

"What did I do to deserve this?" Draco cried and Harry hugged him.

"He'll be back before you know it." Harry tried assuring him but if he was being honest, he had no clue.

Astoria got home and settled herself in the kitchen when there was a knock at the door.

"Who could that be?" She asked herself. She walked to the door and opened it. A man in all black stood in front of her.

"Astoria Greengrass?" He questioned .

"Yes?"

"You've been served." The man handed her an envelope and he left. She opened the envelope and read the letter.

Draco Malfoy filed for custody of Scorpius Malfoy over Astoria Greengrass.

"He filed for custody."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 7K 84
A Drarry Muggle AU Instagram story of how they started off as strangers in the same art class and ended as lovers. They had to try and hide things ab...
660K 20.6K 31
After the Battle of Hogwarts Harry and Ginny Potter are living in marital harmony until one day Harry runs into a blast from his past that makes him...
1M 41K 34
{Their Family book 1} Harry Potter works as Professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts, but while picking Teddy up from the Primary Wizar...
109K 4K 20
After the war, students who didn't get to complete seventh year are invited back. How is Harry going to be treated now he is the saviour of the wizar...