Snow White is a Gangster (Pub...

By sielalstreim

She vowed to stay. She just needed a keeper for maintenance. Henrietta Arturia is a drop-dead, gorgeous ice p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Game of Chess
Chapter 2: Hide and Seek
Chapter 3: Christmas Day
Chapter 4: Silent Night
Chapter 5: Captured
Chapter 6: Between the Moon and the Sea
Chapter 7: Missing
Chapter 8: The Dead Man of Christmas Day
Chapter 9: Saudade and the Dead People
Chapter 10: The Root of All The Consequences
Chapter 11: Melancholy of the Past
Chapter 12: Montello High
Chapter 13: Midnight Calls
Chapter 14: Speedster
Chapter 15: Sadness and Happiness
Chapter 16: City Lights
Chapter 17: Running with Shadows
Chapter 19: Words of a Rose
Chapter 20: The Graduation Day
Chapter 21: Fate of the Uninvited
Chapter 22: The Pawn in a Chess Game
Chapter 23: Fire and Ice
Chapter 24: Chasing the Dead Man
Chapter 25: Wandering Souls After The Sunset
Chapter 26: Eremitia
Chapter 27: Her Companion
Chapter 28: Dancing with the Snakes
Chapter 29: The Visitors
Chapter 30: Poison and Wine
Chapter 31: A Little Heart
Chapter 32: An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 33: Blood Meets the Sea
Chapter 34: Drowning
Chapter 35: Relinquishment
Chapter 36: Fire and Ice
Chapter 37: A Falling Star
Chapter 38: The Women of Arturia
Chapter 39: Unearthed from the Graveyard
Chapter 40: Into the Storm
Chapter 41: The Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 42: Nightmares
Chapter 43: The Choices
Chapter 44: Blood, Sweat, Tears
Chapter 45: The Darkness in the Daylight
Chapter 46: A Darker Night
Chapter 47: Redemption in Fire
Chapter 48: Trojan Horse
Chapter 49: Somniat Finem (Even Dreams End)
Chapter 50: As Winter Meets its Death
Epilogue
Announcement from MHSG Administration!

Chapter 18: The Dangerous Man

284K 10.1K 1.8K
By sielalstreim

Chapter 18: The Dangerous Man

"I loathe traitors."

His words brought a burning and biting coldness at the back of my neck. I felt all the hairs on my skin stand, matching the sudden fast beating of my heart.

"I understand. I loathe traitors, too," Forest said grinning. Tiningnan ko siya at mukhang interesado siya sa susunod na sasabihin ni Sebastian. Abot tenga ang ngiti na inilibot niya ang kanyang paningin sa mga reapers na nasa paligid. "I loathe-traitors," muli niyang sabi at saka ibinalik ang tingin sa itaas ng hagdan. She received deadly glares from some reapers in the room but it seemed that she didn't mind it.

"Another fucking sabotaged transaction. Congratulations, Freniere Mafia! I am so proud of us!" Sebastian said smiling smugly. Everyone in the room knew the danger behind the curve on his lips. "What's actually puzzling is that all the transaction details are confidential. It's just between us and the client. And I really do hope that this glitch is on the client's part."

I felt secretly relieved as I assessed the situation. He doesn't know yet. However, the realization of having a possible traitor in the room hit me. I tried really hard not to do what Forest just did a while ago. I caught her smirking at me as I gritted my teeth.

"You are curious about the traitor. I understand," she said grinning. Hindi ko siya pinansin at sa halip ay itinuon ko na lang aking atensyon sa grupo na nasa itaas ng hagdan.

"You are all here to receive a warning. Yes, all of you. You, my beloved reapers are valuable to the mafia. Let's see what would happen if you burn your value into nothing," Sebastian continued darkly. The room became silent as he eyed everyone. I felt the coldness of his stare as our eyes met. I tried to stop myself from taking my eyes away from him. He might see how I betrayed the Mafia. But before I could blink, his eyes landed to Forest who was actually looking back from me to Sebastian. She was watching us stare at each other. When Tres held her eyes, she frowned.

"Ugh. Staring is rude."

Sebastian stepped away from the group when he finished his short 'death threat' speech. Mikhail explained to us that Algernon Freniere would have to leave and supervise other establishments under the Mafia that were based in other countries. Thus, Giovanni Freniere was standing in front of us to act as leader of the Mafia. I could see that he was not yet fully recovered but he was on his fastest way of improvement. He gave a Black Notebook Clearing Mission to most of the Reapers. I wondered who the unlucky person was and why I was not included in the mission. Forest and Maximus Brown would just hang around the mansion to protect the Mafia Leaders.

"I'll definitely miss the Nightwoods," sarkastikong sabi ni Forest. Nagkibit-balikat lang ako dahil alam kong maiintindihan ni Maximus Brown kung hihiramin ko si Forest. I had to admit that I could use help from Forest sometimes. And aside from that, she was letting me use her.

Some of the reapers started to leave after few minutes. They became one with the darkness. And soon, I would be just like them. Forest was already waiting for me in the car. I sighed. She didn't even ask me if I would take her. It was starting to feel like I was her personal driver. I was about to walk towards her when a person called my name. I looked back and saw Giovanni walking towards me. I waited for him. He probably changed his mind and would let me join the Black Notebook Clearing Mission.

"Henrietta," muli niyang banggit sa pangalan ko nang makalapit sa akin. Hindi ako sumagot. Hinintay ko nalang ang kung anumang sasabihin niya. "About your mission, it will still be the same. But make sure that you'd look after her more carefully this time," seryosong wika ni Giovanni. Tila ito ang pinakamahalagang misyon para sa kanya sa kabila ng lahat ng nangyayari.

"I'm on it. Forest and I are on it," wika ko. Pilit kong tinatanggal sa tinig ko ang pagsalungat ukol sa halaga ng misyong ibinigay sa akin. I still think this mission was a waste of time.

"I understand what you are feeling right now. This mission is too easy compared to what you can actually do. But there is more to it. Sir Algernon Freniere even agreed for this mission," wika niya na ikinanuot ng noo ko.

"What's about it?" Tanong ko. Kung mananatiling ganito ang misyon ko, malamang ay dapat kong malaman kung ano pang nasa likod nito. Subalit naputol ang ano pa mang sasabihin ni Giovanni sa pagdating ni Sebastian. They glared at each other. It seemed like something was going on between them. Something that made them take different sides.

"I'll take it from here, my dear brother," Sebastian said and took my arm.

"Tres," wika ni Giovanni bago pa man kami makalayo. Walang anumang balak sumagot si Tres kung kaya't tumigil ako at lumingon kay Giovanni. Sebastian rolled his eyes and decided to look back, too.

"I know, you don't understand. Tell Henrietta and she would," seryosong wika ni Giovanni.

"She's just a Reaper. If I don't understand, then there's no way she would," sagot ni Tres at muling hinila ang aking braso.

She's just a reaper. His words echoed in my head like the sound of a knife touching another metal. I wanted to unhear it. I wanted to cover my ears. I looked at him as he dragged me towards the car.

Forest got out of the car as we approached. Sa una ay mukhang nalilito siya sa kung anong nangyayari. She looked confused and disapproving.

"Hetta? What's happening?" Tanong niya sa akin. Sebastian had a sinister look in his face and we just couldn't bear to go against him.

Marahan akong umiling kay Forest upang iparating na hindi ko rin alam ang dahilan. Forest, being a reaper who didn't feel any fear about anything, walked up to us and demanded an answer from Sebastian.

"Get out of the way, Forest. Before I make you kiss the car," seryosong wika ni Sebastian.

Hindi sumunod si Forest at sa halip ay hinawakan ako sa braso upang hilahin mula sa pagkakahawak ni Sebastian. But Sebastian was faster and stronger especially if it was contact combat. Forest was effective if she was dealing with a long range target. Mabilis niyang nahawakan ang braso ni Forest at inilayo ito mula sa akin at saka inundayan ng siko ang likurang bahagi ni Forest dahilan upang hindi agad ito makakilos. Naging madali kay Sebastian na sipain ito kung kaya't buong puwersang tumama ang katawan ni Forest sa gilid ng kotse. I watched her coughing from pain and impact as she fell to the ground. This time, I couldn't just watch Sebastian beating Forest. I tried striking him at the lower part of his ribs but he dodged it well and put both of my hands on my back. He absolutely knew my next move. How could I fight someone who knew me so well that even all of my defenses are from him?

"Of all the Reapers here, Henrietta, you're the one I could easily predict," wika niya at saka marahas akong itinulak papasok sa kotse. I landed on the passenger's seat and before I could even breathe and think, he opened the other door and sat on the driver's seat. He started the car and I watched him maneuver it away from the mansion. I watched Forest get on her feet and glare at the car. She was really pissed off.

"Why are you making a scene now?" I asked coldly towards him.

"Shut up, Reaper," sagot niya na hindi lumilingon sa akin.

"This is my car, Sebastian. I can ask whatever I want to whoever is inside my car," I insisted in a serious tone.

"I can do whatever I want in any cars. I can even buy you and this car!" He said sarcastically.

"Are you sure you can buy me and this car?" I asked again. Hindi siya sumagot. Of course, he can buy me and this car. But I was Henrietta Arturia. Arturia was one of the partners of Freniere in their legal businesses. If he was going to buy me, he would have to pay big amount of money.

"Yes! Tsk. No! Why would I buy you and this car if I can get it for free?" There was still sarcasm in his tone.

"But I'm not giving it to you for free. Aside from that, you are driving my car without my permission."

He looked at me and flashed his sarcastic smile. Umiling ako sa kanya habang pinapanuod siyang magmaneho. That was what he usually do when he couldn't find a better argument.

"I'm just driving you home," wika niya. Mukhang nabawasan ang anumang galit na nararamdaman niya kanina. This might be the right time to talk with him.

"You shouldn't have done that to Forest," I said in a calm tone.

"She was in our way. I would kill anyone who gets in our way," sagot niya. I didn't know why but his words brought warmth in my chest, making the thing inside it beat a little bit faster. There must be something in the way of how he says the word our. But maybe he meant it differently from how I felt about it.

"About what Giovanni, said–" I wasn't able to continue what I was about to say.

"Oh, yeah! That lover boy lost his mind. My father lost his mind. They think I couldn't lead the Mafia. They think I couldn't handle a single Novou sighting." I held my breath as he mentioned the name. "They think I would go crazy and make a mess. They think protecting that girl is the biggest mission we have now. Well, all of those are bullshit!" At saka hinampas ang manibela. I closed my eyes as I let him made another hit towards the wheel. Someone needed to say sorry to my car.

"A--a Novou sighting?" Tanong ko. He looked at me and I saw hatred flash in his eyes.

"Yeah. F*cking Novou sighting. We should have killed them at first sight. Oh, shit! I can't wait to lay my finger on them," wika niya. He was so full of hatred. His mind was clouded with too much anger. No wonder they couldn't trust an angry man. "Isn't it bullshit? You know what I'm saying, right? You've seen how the Novous work. You know that they deserve to die."

He seemed to be waiting for my answer. I couldn't even look straight in his eyes. Once again, we were talking like this. He was talking to me as if we have known each other for a very long time. He was asking me, telling me what he was thinking--just like the old times. And I couldn't let this go. I couldn't ruin this no matter how wrong it was.

Hindi ako sumagot. Nanatili akong tahimik hanggang sa makarating kami sa labas ng mansion. Isa sa mga sedan ng Mafia ang huminto sa likuran ng aking sasakyan. Akmang lalabas na si Sebastian ng kotse nang muli akong magsalita.

"They're right," seryoso kong sabi. It was tearing all my hope. Saying the truth ruined the little bubble we've built inside the car.

"What?" Seryoso ring tanong ni Sebastian.

"You might not understand it for now. But soon, you will. There are things sad people don't understand. You are sad and mad. You're a dangerous man, Ian," I said with sincerity in my voice. I hoped he could see it. I hoped he would still believe.

He stared at me. My hope started to shatter as I saw hatred forming in his eyes. He opened the car door and said, "Ian is dead." And with that, he slammed the door shut.

Pinanood ko sya habang patungo sa naghihintay na Sedan. Tears threatened my eyes as I watched the car disappear from the road. I couldn't move myself to the driver's seat. I couldn't drive. I couldn't think. For once, I was letting myself break down once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 166 9
PAHINUMDOM: Bisaya ray makasabot ani nga tula. Kung dili ka bisaya, palihog pahawa. Basig masunggo lang ka sa mga storya nga hastang laloma. Lawom pa...
2.7M 53.1K 31
Si crush ang gusto ko pero girlfriend niya ang nakuha ko. She's a monster. A beautiful monster, my own Monteclaro. NOTE: THIS STORY IS ALREADY COMPLE...
325M 6.7M 94
[BAD BOY 1] Gusto ko lang naman ng simpleng buhay; tahimik at malayo sa gulo. Kaso isang araw... nagbago ang lahat. Inspired by Boys Over Flowers.
1.7M 33.2K 39
"Hindi mo ba naiintindihan? We can't be together, the stars won't allow it and the heaven is against us. We have dissimilar worlds." - Jasmine Salaza...