Unseen

De _CasuallyMe

She hated him, she genuinely hated him. He was cute, very attractive, but his attitude and mouth made him alm... Mais

Unseen
Chapter One: Friends
Chapter Two: Bad Boy with Culture
Chapter Three: Or Both?
Chapter Four: Aftermath of a Confession
Chapter Six: Ready or Not
Chapter Seven: On the Road Again
Chapter Eight: First Date's a Charm
Chapter Nine: Family Matters
Chapter Ten: Party Like It's Your Birthday
Chapter Eleven: Happy Belated Mothers Day
Chapter Twelve: Confusion and Heartbreak
Chapter Thirteen: Kayla Land
Chapter Fourteen: Elephants in Thailand
Chapter Fifteen: One Year
Chapter Sixteen: Happy Birthday
Chapter Seventeen: Tokyo Part One
Chapter Eighteen: Falling in Love
Chapter Nineteen: The Morning After
Chapter Twenty: Happy Halloween
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise! A Baby and Lies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Anthony
Chapter Twenty-Three:

Chapter Five: Mark My Words

5.2K 195 54
De _CasuallyMe

Mark My Words

The bells rang, signaling we had five minutes to get to class, and I turned to Preston who was sleeping at Erica's desk in our office. I giggled and shook my head, nudging him as he groaned. He had been asleep for almost two hours because he couldn't the night before due to the construction at my house. He looked adorable with his lips pouted and his arms crossed as he slept deeply.

He'd asked me before we left his house if he could take a nap there, and I agreed, not realizing that we would somehow have to figure out how to get to class.

"Preston, wake up," I whispered as he groaned lowly, slowly sitting up.

"What?" He frowned at me as I smiled.

"One, you snore like a baby, and two, we have to go to class. If we just dart into the hallway, no one will see us, but we have to hurry up," I explained as I stood, collecting my things and he grabbed his backpack. As I prepared to open the door, he grabbed my arm and made me pause.

"Wait," he said, kissing my cheek softly. "If I don't get to talk to you later, have a good day."

"Thanks. Have a good day, too," I blushed deeply as I opened the door, shoving him into the crowd that was waiting as he immediately engaged in conversation to cover up where he'd emerged from, and I followed a few seconds later, luckily seeing Erica a couple feet away.

"So, how was your night Saturday?" She asked as we headed to the office for announcements.

"It was great. We talked a lot about what we want to do, and we had a lot of fun. I like being able to be myself around him," I nodded with a sigh as I looked over to her. "How was yours?"

"It was good. David and I went out for go karting, and we had a lot of fun. He's considering going to college early for this football thing, so we've been talking about that," she shrugged.

"As long as you and I are together in college, that's all that matters."

"Yep. You ready?" She smiled at me as I got my papers together and nodded.

Once our announcements were over, Erica peeled off to her first class, and I headed to mine. As I walked in, my eyes accidentally locked with Preston's. I quickly adverted as I took my seat just in front of him and took a breath. We can do this I thought to myself. I paid attention for most of the class, until Preston whispered to me when the teacher instructed us to pick partners for the first assignment of the year.

"We can get this done in one day," he murmured as I nodded, looking around. No one else was in the class that we were friends with, so we partnered quickly.

"Ms. Davenport, are you sure about your choice?" Professor Tomlinson questioned with a wince. Preston's eyes immediately snapped to him and he opened his mouth to retaliate, but I looked at him pointedly, silencing him before turning back to the professor.

"Yes, I am. We'll finish it quickly, it's no problem," I nodded as he smiled softly.

"Preston, you've gotten lucky," he frowned as he handed us the paper and kept walking.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?!" Preston growled lowly in his direction as I reached for his hand under the desk, causing him to look at me with wide eyes.

"Pres, you've gotta admit that your school record isn't the greatest," I murmured as he huffed.

"I know that, but my GPA is still a 3.8. He needs to show some damn respect—"

"Do you want to watch a movie? I mean, when we get back to your house and settle in, we can hang out and watch a movie?" I asked as I let go of his hand, distracting him as I slowly pulled it back.

"Like another date?"

"Yeah, like another date," I shrugged as he nodded slowly with a small smile.

"I'd like hanging out, but I have swim practice later," he frowned as I shrugged.

"And I have meetings too, but maybe when we get there, after practice and the meetings?"

"That'd be nice. I would kiss your cheek if we weren't in class," he smirked as I laughed lowly.

"Well, thank you."

************************

Preston wouldn't stop staring at me in the duration of the day, and I was beyond tired of telling him to stop. He'd sent me too many smiles, too many winks to keep us undercover. I groaned as I walked into the cafeteria and spotted him immediately with his eyes following me. I nudged Erica to look too, and she laughed lowly.

"He just likes you," she shrugged as I covered my face with my hands.

"I know, but goodness. And look at his friends," I groaned.

"He's probably telling them he's gonna try and ask you out again. Oh, and look— here he comes," laughed Erica as my head shot his way and he smirked as he approached us.

"Preston," I muttered as his smile widened.

"Hey. Sorry, I just wanted to talk," he shrugged.

"And I want to talk to you too, but I can't because you know how this works—"

"Are you people pleasing, Kayla?" He smirked as I shook my head.

"That subject is off the table."

"Okay, fine, but you can't blame me," he sighed as we stepped in line. "I-I'm sorry, I'm being ridiculous. I'll just leave you two alone."

"No, you're fine. It's normal to want to talk and laugh, and it's not annoying, but you know how I am. I don't want people to know yet because I'm still figuring this out. So please? For me, save the staring for our dates until we finish this out?" I requested as he pouted.

"Yeah, I will. I'm gonna go pretend I've gotten shot down again," he laughed lowly.

"I'll see you later," I said with a small smile as he nodded, and left the line.

Once lunch was over, I went through the rest of the day normally, Preston controlling himself as the day progressed. My meetings flew by, and before I knew it, I was at the store buying some popcorn for our small movie date. I headed to my house to check the status, and they told me the same thing again— wait a month. I grabbed a few more of my things, and headed back to Preston's place with optimism that Heather would be there along with Ms. Knight. But they weren't.

I walked in and headed to my designated room, setting down my backpack and purse before flopping onto the bed. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes for a minute, happy to have peace and quiet. I rolled my eyes back open slowly, and grabbed my phone as I skipped down the stairs. I sat on the couch in the living room of their house, and turned the TV on, waiting for whoever it was that would show up first.

Around ten minutes later, I heard keys in the door, and perked up. I was hoping it was Preston, seeing as we had been neutral all day, and ultimately, I missed him. Seconds later, there he was as I all but sprang from the couch, bouncing to him.

"You're here," I smiled as he looked up from the ground where he had set down his gym bag.

"I am, what's with you?" He chuckled as I tied my arms around his neck, and he hugged me back reluctantly. I gave him a tight squeeze before pulling back to see his face.

"I'm just happy to see you," I giggled as he kissed my nose.

"Are you sure, silly? My mom's still alive? Did you torture my sister or something?" He stared quizzically as I shook my head and we both laughed.

"No, I'm serious. I missed you," I shrugged as I leaned up to greet his lips, and he kissed me softly.

"I missed you, too," he replied as he kept kissing. Before we got carried away, I pecked him twice and pulled my lips back, still hugging him. "You know what I think?"

"What?"

"One, I'm stinky and I need a shower, but two, I think someone wants to be my girlfriend," he smirked as I scoffed.

"No sir."

"You met me at the door, then hugged and kissed me. Someone wants to be my girlfriend," he teased as I blushed.

"Okay, fine. I do, but not now. Maybe in a few weeks," I shrugged as he nodded, letting me go.

"It's kinda late," he frowned, looking around really quick. "Is my mom home?"

"No, she texted me earlier and said she'd be out late because Heather has practice and they're all going out after," I answered as he turned back to me.

"Do you know what this means?!" He questioned excitedly.

"No, but I'm sure whatever you're thinking is not appropriate," I shook my head with a laugh as he came closer.

"What are you talking about? You're the inappropriate one, you said it."

"Be honest. If it wasn't me and it was a different girl and there were circumstances such as these, you wouldn't do anything?" I questioned with narrow eyes as he stared back fearlessly before breaking.

"Okay, I would, but I respect you," he insisted as he kissed my cheek. "And who knows, maybe if at the end of the night, you invite me in, and we—"

"You just love to try it, don't you?" I laughed as he chuckled in his deep voice. "On second thought, you are stinky. It's shower time, sir."

"Fine. I'll be down in twenty," he said as he stole a kiss, scurrying up the stairs.

I cooked the popcorn and grabbed a blanket as I prepared for our marathon in the living room. Just as I was looking through movie selections, Preston shouted my name from his room. I climbed the stairs carefully to see his door closed, and knocked twice before he called for me to come in.

"Is this a set up?" I questioned outside the door as he laughed inside.

"I promise, I'm all the way clothed... almost," he mumbled as I opened the door with my eyes closed. "Kayla, open your eyes."

"You have on pants? At least boxers?"

"Yes ma'am," he assured as I slowly opened my eyes to see him moving around his room without his shirt. I gasped lowly as his abs came into view, and he looked at me. "I just wanted to know how your day was."

"I-it was, yeah... It-it was great. How was yours?" I stuttered as he snickered.

"It's just my shirt, Kay," he smirked at me.

"I know that. You don't think I know that?"

"Okay, geez," he winced. "My day was a bust. You couldn't talk to me, my friends are so stupid that they wouldn't shut up. But you asked me out again, so I'm happy."

"One of these days, you're gonna ask me out."

"Okay, so Heather's play is Friday, how about after, we take her and one of her friends to ride go karts and stuff," he shrugged.

"You're gonna take two nine year olds? You, my friend, are adorable," I cooed as he pulled on a shirt.

"And what, exactly, does this adorableness get me?" He smiled slyly as I giggled and he stalked closer.

"I'll say yes."

"To what?"

"The dress, of course," I laughed again as his face fell.

"Forget it, I don't even like you anymore. That was terrible," he shook his head as I hugged him again, not letting him move as my arms held his body, and I looked up at him.

"Okay, fine! I'll take the kids... under one condition."

"And that is?"

"You have to be nice in class."

"No problem... Seal it with sex?" He smirked as I scoffed.

"You are a pig."

"I'm sorry, it's just in me," he frowned as I puckered my lips, and he met them twice quickly. "It's done. Now, come on so we can watch 300."

"Absolutely not!" I protested.

"Yes, we are."

"But I wanted to watch Scandal," I pouted defiantly as he shrugged.

"Since you've been here, you've watched at least seven episodes. This isn't healthy," he frowned as I let go of him.

"Fine, we can watch it. However, the next time this happens, it's either Transformers or Scandal."

"And it'll be Transformers every time," he laughed lowly.

"Your mom wouldn't make me watch Transformers," I mumbled as he headed down the stairs, holding my hand.

"And she won't ever cuddle with you on the couch either."

"Who said anything about cuddling?"

"What? Isn't that what couples do when they watch a movie?"

"Yeah, but we're not one," I shrugged as he rolled his eyes as we came down the last stair.

"We're not yet," he stressed as I smirked.

"Fine, we can cuddle a little bit, but your hands need to remain above my waist, and you're not laying behind me," I shook my head as he pouted, turning toward me.

"What? That's the best part. Your ass should be put to use!"

"It does a pretty fantastic job of making you kiss it," I laughed as he winced.

"Ouch. That was a good one," he laughed lowly. "Fine. If you just want me to put my arm around you and we watch this movie, that's perfect, as long as you're here hanging out."

"There's nothing you won't say, huh?" I laughed as he shrugged, kissing my head as he pulled me toward the couch.

"Come on, I'm trying to be nice here. I like you, and if this is what I have to do to get your attention, I'm all about it," he smiled softly as I looked up at him.

"And how will I ever know when you're lying or telling the truth?"

"That's impossible. That's where trust comes into play. Not saying that you have to trust me now, but eventually, you will learn that you, Heather, and my mother are the only people that I don't lie to. And believe me, I wish I could lie to you but every time I try, you look at me with your presidential face, and then I can't because I want to earn your trust. I'm serous, Kayla. You're one of the good ones my mom always told me was coming, and now you're here, I can't afford to lose your friendship," Preston admitted.

"That was nice," I blushed as we sat down, and I kissed his cheek.

"Still want to be my girlfriend?" He smirked at me as I curled my legs next to me, leaning into his body just slightly.

"We'll see..." I trailed as he chuckled.

"That's fair."

***********************

As we watched the movie, Preston was respectful, however, halfway through, both of us fell asleep. We woke up around nine, and laughed at each other as we stood up and stretched out. Between my meetings and his practice, the exhaustion was incredible.

"Do you wanna order a pizza?" He looked at me as I shrugged, walking toward his kitchen and peeping in the fridge.

"You have a lot in here—"

"I know, but pizza is better."

"We can make a pizza?" I suggested as he nodded with a small smile.

"I could do that. So do you know when your house will be finished?" He cocked his head as I pulled out the ingredients we would need.

"A month, and I'm dreading it. Some days it's closed and I can't get in to get clothes, and the days I can, my clothes are ruined by the wood chips and what not," I huffed as he jumped on the counter.

"Why don't you go buy more? I know you can," he teased as I rolled my eyes.

"I could but I don't want to. My clothes are sacred, Preston. You wouldn't understand," I sighed as he chuckled lowly.

"I'll go with you if you go, just to make sure you stay on budget and you don't go into a pleasure seizure when you see the fall cardigans," he laughed again as I couldn't help but let out a small snicker.

"Say what you want, sir, but a lot goes into this."

"And don't I know it," he smirked as I shot him a pointed look.

"Mr. Knight, you will forever be a mystery to me," I giggled as he shrugged, popping a grape in his mouth. "But seriously, if you go, you're gonna want to cry."

"I can handle shopping with women. I used to go with my mom all the time."

"And when was that?"

"I was like seven, but still."

"Exactly!" I laughed as he smiled proudly. "Fine. I go to the outlet an hour away because they have the best stores.

"They have the best stores," he mocked in a faux high pitched voice as I scoffed at him.

"Just for that, I'm not coming to your swim meet," I threatened as his eyes got wide.

"You wouldn't go any way, that would blow our cover—"

"I'm going to every sporting event this year. It's my job as student body president," I retorted as he pouted.

"Okay, okay. I'll go shopping without complaints under one condition," he gave me a sly look as I took a deep breath, prepared for a bogus compromise.

"What is it?" I groaned.

"All you have to do is go out with me and the guys a little after."

"Your stupid friends that you don't even like?"

"No, the friends I actually do like," he replied.

"And who's that?"

"James and Grant. We always go out to eat after the meets."

"Well..." I trailed as I shooed him off of the counter. "Wouldn't that blow us?"

"No. Hopefully by the time my first meet gets here, a month from now, you'll be my girlfriend. I just want them to meet you and have a good time with you," he nodded as I smiled softly.

"Someone likes me," I teased as he threw his arm around my shoulder, engulfing me so I was trapped.

"Mhm," he smirked as he kissed me lightly before letting me go. "Let's get to cooking!" He all but hollered, slapping my butt as I gasped, staring at him angrily.

"I said above the waist, Preston!"

"That was a friendly support slap; anything else, and we'd be naked."

"Preston, you are the cockiest person I know," I rolled my eyes as he grabbed the dough, rolling it out.

"I know that, but it's okay," he smiled over to me as my heart thudded. Damn. That smile always got me.

"Anyway, have you smoked?"

"No ma'am."

"Oh really? So if I asked James or Grant they would say you didn't?"

"They would," he nodded proudly as I stared at him before shrugging.

"Okay, I guess you're behaving. When you're done with the dough, we'll put white pizza sauce and regular on it, yeah?"

"That sounds awesome!"

"Calm down, it's sauce," I laughed as he frowned at me.

"Do you know that this is pizza? God's given food to us as humans. He touched it himself!"

"Sometimes, I wish he would touch you," I teased again as he rolled his eyes.

"We'll see if you'll get your wish, probably not. We happen to be best friends, he and I."

"And how do you figure?"

"Well, he made pizza," he laughed as I laughed as well.

"I'm not finishing this conversation. What's with the tattoos? Spill it."

"Young and stupid. When I was fifteen, I ran away, and came back with a half sleeve, and my mom went ballistic. She threatened to kill me," he winced. "I don't like making her mad. I try to be as good as I can now because she's gone through a lot with my dad leaving and having to raise us by herself. I told you, I never lie to her, so when she asked, I spilled the whole story, and I got in the worst trouble I've ever been in. But I do have this one," he paused as he lifted his shirt slightly so I could see his rib cage. I had seen the script, but didn't ask what it was.

"It's her name and Heather's," I mumbled lowly in amazement as my fingers touched the risen skin. "This is new? It feels like it."

"Yeah, it's from last week. I went to an actual parlor--"

"Why didn't you say anything? I would've tagged along, and who knows, I could've gotten one."

"Yeah, I was going to but... this was something I had to do by myself. I-it was an anniversary that was important to both me and her, how long I've been off drugs, and I think I had to handle it by myself," he shrugged as he dropped his shirt, and I stared at him.

"You are incredibly strong. You know that?" I smiled as he returned it with a nod.

"Yeah... for her and Heather," he took a deep breath as I pecked his lips.

"They're proud of you."

"Thanks," he smiled as he met my lips once more before we focused on cooking again.

************************

I jumped in my sleep at the sound of thunder and sat up slowly, groaning. I looked over at the clock on the small table beside the bed, and squinted to see the time. I frowned, seeing it was three in the morning. I grabbed my phone from the table and opened it. The first thing I saw was a picture of Preston kissing my cheek and I laughed to myself. He must've done it himself.

I scrolled through my notifications and noticed a text from Preston who was across the hall. I smiled as I opened the thread, hoping he was awake like I was so I wouldn't be bored and scared.

P: 2:46: Are you awake?

I formed my thumbs to send back a quick response.

Yes... Are you?

He texted back in a matter of seconds.

P: Yeah. Come to my room.

You've gotta be joking, your mom would kill me

That was the last text before his name popped up on my screen and I swiped to answer the phone with a quiet laugh.

"Hey," he huffed as I smiled.

"Hey. I'm not coming to your room," I denied as he was silent a moment.

"Fine, I'll come to yours."

"No!" I screeched lowly as my door swung open and he smiled at me. He was shirtless again, and I took a shaky breath as I intentionally didn't look. He closed the door behind him and I groaned. "You're gonna get me killed!"

"Not if you're quiet," he smirked as he came and sat at the edge of the bed. "Why are you awake?"

"Same reason why you probably are. It's crazy outside," I frowned as he nodded.

"Can I be honest?"

"Yeah," I smiled as he looked down.

"I'm kinda scared."

"Y-you're what?" I giggled as he looked at me with a frown.

"Stop laughing!" He groaned as I laughed a little more.

"I-I'm sorry! You have tattoos and stuff," I snickered as he rolled his eyes. "Awh! You're really scared?"

"Yeah," he shrugged as he rubbed the back of his neck. I crawled to him slowly and sat on my knees as I stared at him. "What?"

"Nothing... it's just cute that you're scared of something," I shrugged with a small smile.

"Well stop making fun of me," he frowned as I kissed his nose softly.

"Better?"

"Not really," he cringed as a loud clap of thunder sounded.

"Poor thing," I cooed as my arms tied around his neck. We were silent for a few moments before I felt Preston nuzzle into my chest.

"Now I'm better," he mumbled into me as I giggled pulling him back.

"You're an ass," I shook my head as he laughed lowly.

"You wanna get out of here?"

"And go where?! And why are you crazy?" I whispered harshly.

"Get dressed. Let's just go in the basement and that way we can talk without whispering. Besides, I got the new football game for Xbox and I heard you're pretty good," he smirked as I shrugged.

"Okay, but if we go, you promise to make me a sandwich?"

"Fine. Loser makes sandwiches and has to plan the next date. Deal?" He stretched his hand and I shook it with a smirk.

"You're going down Knight. I'll be down in ten," I nodded as he kissed my cheek before standing from the bed.

"See ya," he smiled as he headed out.

I brushed my teeth and pulled on a t-shirt that I took from Preston, and headed down the steps quietly. I saw him in the kitchen, grabbing chips as I snuck behind him, tapping his shoulder as he jumped. I laughed lowly as he growled, facing me with his face contorted.

"What the hell?!" He admonished quietly as I giggled.

"Sorry," I shrugged as I grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the second set of stairs that lead toward the basement.

"You owe me a kiss," he grumbled as I looked up at him.

"No problem," I shrugged as we stepped off the last stair, and headed toward the system.

"Stop holding my hand," he frowned as I shook my head, pulling him on the couch as I moved closer.

"No, not until we play. Plus you said I owe you something," I smiled as I turned to him and kissed his lips. He smiled as his hand slid toward my butt, and I pulled away with a low laugh. "Stop," I demanded unconvincingly as he shook his head.

Before I could blink, Preston was pulling me into his lap as he kissed me again. My legs stretched out as I held his lips to mine and moaned. Facing sideways, I shuffled to become more comfortable in his lap, and bit down softly on his bottom lip as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I let out a breath as his tongue rolled against mine, running my fingers up the back of his head.

I kissed him twice before pulling away completely as we both panted. His hand was resting low, brushing against my ass again as I looked down and shook my head. I could feel something just under me as I attempted to move, but Preston held onto my waist.

"Don't move," he shook his head as his face flushed from color.

"What?" I replied as I searched over his face for something wrong.

"I-I just... my... yeah," he all but whispered as he blushed.

"What's wrong?"

"My uhm... I have a— don't laugh."

"Just say it. Do you need something?" I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Nothing you can help me with," he mumbled as I rose my eyebrow.

"Preston, tell me! You're scaring me," I pouted as he took a deep breath, more blood rushing to his face.

"I-I have a... boner," he replied lowly as my face heated.

"W-wow... uhm--"

"Sorry, it's just... you kissed me and you're sitting... here."

"Oh," I blushed as I moved from his lap and he grunted lowly. My eyes slowly snapped down and grew as I noticed what he was talking about in his gray shorts.

"Kayla, I'm sorry," he frowned as I looked back up quickly.

"No, it's okay," I shrugged nonchalantly as he grabbed my hand.

"Well, do you wanna play now?" He smiled softly as I nodded, grabbing a controller and handing one to him. "Who's your team?"

"Denver Broncos, baby," I smirked as he widened his eyes.

"You called me baby," he smiled.

"No, like some people say Roll Tide, baby! I did not call you baby," I defined as Preston rolled his eyes.

"When we date, I'll call you baby," he smirked as he leaned and kissed my cheek.

"Anyway, who's your team?"

"Ehh," he cringed as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Tampa? Tennessee? Cleveland?" I attempted as he frowned.

"Worse," he groaned.

"What's worse than Tampa Bay?"

"Miami," he huffed as I stifled a laugh.

"They'll win... eventually," I teased as Preston rolled his eyes, selecting his team.

"Ready to get your butt kicked?"

"Are you ready to get your ass kicked?" I smirked as Preston groaned, beginning the game.

************************

"Kayla!" Shouted Ms. Knight as I came out of my temporary room and looked over the banister.

"Yes ma'am?" I called back.

"Come here," she smiled as I trotted down the stairs, meeting her in the kitchen as she pulled me into a hug. "I haven't seen you in a few days. Every time I come home, you're asleep. How are you?"

"I'm well! Thank you for letting me stay here, by the way. I appreciate it so much," I nodded with a smile as she waved me off.

"Oh, honey, you're welcome. So, talk to me about my boy. He has a crush on you," she winked as I blushed.

"Yeah, we're... dating, but nothing official. He's changed and I like him."

"Well, I've been waiting on you two to get together since you were freshmen. I know he's... hard to deal with, but he appreciates you. He likes that you're spending time with him. Oh, and look at me with my big mouth!" She shook her head as I smiled.

"It's okay, Ms. Knight. He's told me—"

"Kay! Where is— oh. Hi mom," Preston grinned as he came in the kitchen, hugging his mom.

"How are you, baby doll?" She said, kissing his cheek.

"Good. I'm ready to get this play over with. What is it again?"

"It's Cinderella. And be nice, your sister is so excited," I admonished as Preston shrugged.

"Where's your Lit book? I have to redo an amnesty assignment," he questioned.

"In my backpack. It's in my room next to my door."

"Thank you," he grinned as he kissed my cheek, hopping up the stairs.

"Any plans for college? Pressy is looking at a few for swimming. He might even qualify for the Olympics next year."

"Really?!" I gasped. "I knew he was good, I didn't know he was that good. Wow, I'm proud!"

"Luckily you're keeping him from smoking, otherwise, he might slow down, and that would ruin his record. I'm serious, you're good for him Kayla," Ms. Knight said, her eyes watering slightly as I hugged her again, rubbing her back.

"I won't let him drown, Ms. Knight. I'll help him like he's helping me."

Preston held my hand as we walked into the auditorium. We found Ms. Knight and sat next to her as the show began and the children danced across the stage in the opening scene. I looked up at him as and squeezed his hand, reminding him that his sister would appreciate him. He sighed and kissed my head before we turned out attention back to the children.

After what was one of the longest plays in history, Preston and I met Heather back stage and she ran to us with open arms. I smiled as I hugged her, handing her the large bouquet of flowers her brother and I had bought. She gushed and kissed Preston's cheek. After selecting a friend to tag along with us and meeting that friend's parents, the four of us met Ms. Knight outside.

"Oh! Honey, you did so well! I'm so proud of you," grinned Ms. Knight as she hugged Heather. "There's someone who came to see you."

"Hi, baby girl. It's been awhile," a man said who looked almost identical to Heather. Both Preston and his sister stopped. Heather's mouth opened slightly while Preston balled his fist. "You two can't give your dad a hug?"

"Mom, is he making you do this?" Preston growled as I squeezed his hand again.

"H-honey, no. He's just... he just got out and wanted to see you guys—"

"Get the fuck away from my family!" Preston shouted as he snatched away from my hand, stepping up to his father.

"Preston, we don't have to do this. You never liked me, I never liked you, but I need to spend time with my daughter."

"I'm giving you five seconds before I stomp your ass—"

"Babe," I called softly as his mother stepped between them and I pulled Preston back.

"Are you kidding mom?! After everything he's done?!"

"He's changing. We spoke over the phone—"

"This sounds like the same shit you said when we were little. If you wanna fuck him and have him around Heather, fine. I won't have any part in it!" He screamed as he shoved his dad before storming off down the street.

"Preston!" Ms. Knight shouted.

"I'll go get him. Don't worry," I said, shaking my head as I followed Preston.

He was hard to catch up with, but I trotted down the street behind him as he jumped in his car, slamming the door. I frowned and knocked on the window a minute later. He looked up to see me and I could see tears streaming down his face. I opened his door and he looked down, covering his face.

"Pres..." I trailed.

"How the fuck does someone beat you to the point you can't breathe, hits your kids, sleeps with your sister, and goes to jail, and you still want to fuck him!" He screamed, punching his wheel.

"I-I don't know, but please don't yell at her like that. She's in a tough position," I whispered.

"After everything I've done to keep that prick away and she just... dammit!" He hollered as I frowned at him.

"Come here, Pres," I called as he looked up at me. He took a deep breath and stepped out of his car, standing in front of me with his face and eyes red. I pulled him in my arms as he immediately tightened his arms around my waist, his head in my neck.

"Kayla, you don't understand. He hurt her so bad and every time she forgave him. He tore her self esteem down to nothing and she just ups and forgives him? That's crazy," he cried into me as I rubbed his back.

"I don't understand either. But you have to respect her. The last thing she needs is pressure from you, okay? And you don't know that they're together. He could just want to be in Heather's life. I'm not saying to run and kiss his feet, I'm just saying to give him a chance to change like I gave you one, okay?" I whispered, holding his face as he nodded. I wiped his face and kissed his lips softly before smiling up at him. "I was promised go-karts. We still up for it?"

"Just us two. Can you drive there?"

"Yeah, get in," I nodded as he paused my moving, squeezing my body before he let me go.

"Thank you. Seriously," he sighed as I smiled.

"You would've done the same for me, Pres."

"Uhm, w-would you... since this is happening, I don't—"

"Huh?"

"Would you want... to be my girlfriend?" He questioned as I blushed, looking down. "I mean, it's just— I trust you, Kayla. And I want to know more about you everyday. You make me happy and I smile when I'm around you. You've been there for me more than anyone else I know, and I... I think we'd be good together."

"You think so?" I smirked as he nodded. "Then yes, I will be your girlfriend," I grinned as his eyes widened and he took a deep breath.

"Whew! Okay, this-this is good!"

"Were you scared I was gonna say no?" I teased.

"Yeah! I've never cried in front if anyone, but I can do that around you. I think I need a Kayla Davenport to make me into a better man."

"I think I need Preston Knight," I sighed as he kissed me.

"If we do this, do you want to tell everyone?"

"Subtly. We'll just start talking more in the hallway and in a couple weeks, we'll hold hands, and we'll figure it out then."

"That works, baby," he smirked as I giggled.

"I called you babe earlier. I beat you to the punch."

"That you did. Are you ready? Time to kick my girlfriend's butt."

"I'm gonna kick your ass, Preston Knight. Mark my words."

A/N: hi guys! I've missed you! I know it's been a long time coming, but I'm just finding time. I hope you all enjoyed this. We have only two more chapters before the HUGE time jump, seven years. Things will change. A LOT. I won't say for better or worse, but either way you guys will enjoy it hopefully braise I enjoyed writing it.

This story is over 1,000 reads and I've never been more appreciative of you guys. I LOVE Y'ALL!

See you soon,

~CasuallyMe

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.6M 54K 38
"Let's get rid of this," he releases my hair letting it fall freely His hot heavy breath lingers on my lips and sends shivers down my back. I see him...
98 15 7
"I felt as though I could drown in the depths of her gaze, happily lost in the sea of emotions that swirled between us. And as everything else faded...
I Will Save You ✔ De KarenJ128

Ficção Adolescente

356K 8K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
2.7K 77 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...