Second Chances

ClaraBella23 द्वारा

Kuroko no Basket! Kuroko Tetsuya x OC In middle school, she thought everything will be perfect with Kuroko as... अधिक

Information
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Extra: The Reason I Hate Basketball That Time
Teiko: A Day of Clear Blue Skies
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Teiko: Closer
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 2

1.1K 27 12
ClaraBella23 द्वारा

"Mari-chan, this will be better for us. Keeping our relationship while in high school is harder as you can think. This is for the good of both of us."

"But Tetsu-chan, I don't-" 

"You can live without me, Mari-chan."

"Tetsu-chan, you don't understand! I can't-"

"I have other things to do, and please understand me. Both of us will find it harder to keep in touch if we keep our relatipnship." 

"No! No! I won't let you! I can't! It hurts! Please, Tetsu-chan, let's try to talk and to work it out!" 

"I made up my mind, Mari-chan. Please bear with it." 

"I can't lose you, Tetsu..." 

"Don't worry, time can heal the wounds. One day, you'll forget about me." 

**********
Hurts...It hurts..                                                          

I cough a little to regain my voice and wipe the tears from my eyes using my hands when I heard someone knocking.

"Mari-chan, do you want to talk?" 

Mom. 

"It's alright mom, I'm okay. Don't worry." 

My mom hums in suspicion and I sighed in disappointment. Oh, I'm still me because I still sucks in lying. 

A little comfort from Mom will alwas be helpful. I hesitantly stand up from my bed and slowly opened the door. There stood Mom, who just came home from work, smiling worriedly.

"Are you okay, honey? What happened?" 

She asked as both of us sit down on my bed. I tried to compose myself a bit before answering her question.

"I don't know, mom. I'm too...heartbroken to tell you what happened."

My mom instantly knows what and who am I talking about as she holds both of my hands gently, giving it a supportive squeeze.

"It's Tetsuya-kun, isn't?" 

Daggers flying right through my heart and it hurts like heck when she mentioned his name.

"He's also attending on Seirin. And he even join in basketball club like me. The moment I see him on gym, it was too painful that I though I would collapsed so I run away." 

"Do you realize what is it, Mari-chan? It's destiny! There are many schools in Tokyo to attend to, but both of you attended the same school! And not to mention both of you are in the same club!"

"Mom." 

"Your story hasn't ended yet. It's up to the both of you to continue it like before, or ignore it like it's in infinite hiatus." 

"It's all over." 

My mom sighed. "Then if it's all over, you should be brave to welcome him in your life again. You're on the same school, and you can't avoid him either. Just continue on what are you doing before."  

"I can't." 

"You can." 

"Mom-" 

"High school is new life, right?" 

"Uh.." 

"I believe in you, sweet pie. New life means "rekindling your friendship with Tetsuya-kun". Don't mind all the pain and wounds you've been through. It's all gone and past now." 

"Yeah, mom. The heavy feeling in my heart started to fade. Maybe...I should start befriending Tets- I mean Kuroko-kun again. Thanks a lot, mom. Good night." 

"Goodnight, Mari-chan." 

**********

Another morning and I should probably be able to face the members of the basketball club. And by the means of that, I hope I'm ready to face Kuroko. 

Wait, did I say his name straightly? Wow, so far I'm improving a lot! 

My phone started to beep and much to my surprise, the coach texted me. Sooo her name's Riko Aida, huh? Wow, I forgot to ask her name and the captain eyeglasses guy's name too. 

"Hey, Miu-san, I've got your number. Are you okay? Are you feeling sick yesterday? Let me know if you change your mind. We'll be on the gym this afternoon. By the way, I'm Riko Aida, the coach."

I replied her back: 

"Ah! I'm sorry about what happened yesterday! I was just feeling a little sick but I'll be there later! Thanks for the concern!" 

Okay, Mari. You are brave. You can do this. 

********

"Well, I didn't know that it will rain today.." I said to myself, while huffing. I close the umbrella before proceeding to the gym where I can hear the squeaking of the shoes in the court and the bouncing of the ball. 

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I remember all those fun times we had on Teiko. But then my eyebrow creases when memories came gushing in my mind, all the bitterness and sadness in it. Including the moment Kuroko approached me when he wanted to break up with me. 

I wish I can have an amnesia. I wish I can easily bump my head into a wall or something. 

Entering the gym, the first person I see is the certain blue haired boy who broke my heart. Again, I mentally wished that his "lack of presence thing" has an effect on me, so I won't notice him ever again. 

Coach Riko approached me with a grin. "Miu-san! I thought you've changed your mind! Are you okay now?" 

Taking off my eyes on Kuroko, who is also staring at me, I smile at Riko sweetly. "Ah, yes! I'm sorry for suddenly running away yesterday! I wasn't on a good condition but I'm okaaay now." 

Riko grab my hands excitedly and drag me in front of the boys. I grin awkwardly, raising a hand for a supposedly friendly wave. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Kuroko with a poker face, but there's a slight shocked expression on it. I can't blame him for being too emotionless that he don't have any expression like when he reunites with his ex-girlfriend like what's terribly happening right now. 

"Ahh, guys! This will be our manager for the team!" Riko announced cheerfully, while the captain and the three senpais I've met yesterday approaches me. 

"I'm Junpei Hyuga, the captain. You're a great addition." 

"Hehe, thanks, captain!" 

"I'm Shun Izuki." The one with the narrow eyes said. 

"I'm Shinji Koganei. He's Mitobe." The cat face guy said, pointing to the tall guy beside him. 

I raised my eyebrow. "He doesn't.....you know, talk?" 

"He's a quiet guy!" Izuki-senpai answered. 

"Alright Miu-san, introduce yourself to your fellow freshmen!" Riko interrupted us, and I nodded obediently before bowing down. 

"Hi everyone! My name is Miu Mari, and I will be your team manager! I'm looking forward to meet all of you!" I introduced myself with a grin. 

And no, it's not really nice to meet Kuroko again. 

I've met every freshmen and immediately became friends with them. I've also meet the red headed guy, Kagami Taiga, who extended his hand for a handshake.

"Hey, I'm sorry for not apologizing yesterday." He said with a small smile while I return his handshake. 

"No, no, no! It's alright, besides I'm the one who bumped into you! It's nice to meet you!" I reassures him, and shortly after that, my heart started to race when I have to face Kuroko lastly. 

We met again. I thought we will never meet again. 

I stand in front of him, heart beating too loudly, but there's a little amount of pain stabbing my heart. I've noticed that he is taller than he was during middle school, but he still looks exactly the same. Blank face, emotionless, quiet. 

"Mari-chan." 

Hearing his voice sends a stab in my heart, so painful that it really feels so real. You know, emotional pain. But I've got to...No, I need to be brave. It's now or never to be brave. "New life means rekindling your friendship with Kuroko" You have to let go of the pain and past. Look forward to the future. 

I used to think that I can't never ever look forward on what's happening to the future. I usually cry, back away, go crazy when thinking about Kuroko and the moments I've spent with him. I thought I'll stay forever like this, like a living zombie trapped in a past that I can never escape. 

Maybe, I should really let go. 

And I let it go. 

Because keeping it, is more painful than letting go. 

And I made the right decision right now. 

I've successfully escape from the past and now I'm looking forward to the future. 

Yeah...this is where the story of us ends. 

There's no continuation. It's no hiatus. It's just basically the ending. 

A sad ending. 

"Kuroko-kun." I respond him with a weak smile, though I'm dying to fight the tears escaping my eyes. 

The other guys go crazy when we know each other and they all went like "Eeehh? You two know each other?"

Riko sighed, while crossing her arms. "Oh, right, both of you came from Teiko and Kuroko-kun here is regular while Miu-san here is the assistant manager." 

"Ah, yeah, we know each other during middle school, isn't that right, Kuroko-kun?" I turned around to see him, and I widen my eyes in shock when I saw on his face that smile. 

That rare smile he never gives around anyone who isn't me. 

That rare smile....that always captures my heart instantly. 

"Yes, you're right, Mari-chan." Kuroko said, nodding. 

"So both of you are close friends?" Furihata-kun asked, and Kuroko and I both nodded. 

"Oh yeah, both of us were really good friends." I answered, almost in a hurry. In fact, we used to date before, but yeah, Kuroko broke up with me during the last day in middle school. I continue, saying the unspoken sentence in my mind.

"It's a surprise to reunite with you. I never knew that you're also attending Seirin." Kuroko said, a hint of happiness and shocked in his voice. "I'm happy that we're together now. I wanted to see you so much." 

I comically sweat-drop and mentally face-palm. Really? Seriously? He's acting like nothing just happened to us? Like there's no breakup happened?

I shrugged, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, it's a surprise to see you here too. It's all coincidence, right? Anyways, we should save this mini-reunion later."

"Right." He agreed. 

"So..coach.." I started, turning around to look at her. "What are we going to do now?" 

"Oh yeah!" She exclaimed, blowing the whistle that is tied around her neck. "Everyone! We're having a practice game! It's second year versus first year and I'll be the referee!"

"Eh? We're going to fight the second years?" Koganei-kun asked, with Furihata-kun, Tsuchida-kun, Kawahara-kun, and Fukuda-kun nodding. 

Kagami-kun seems excited as he grins.  "There's nothing to worry about." He reassures them. "It's always better to have stronger opponents than weak ones."

His...statement...it...reminds me of Aomine-kun when he still loves playing basketball. 

"And, Miu-chan!" Coach Riko caught my attention, and I look at her, with a "Huh?" question. 

"I want you to record all the data of the freshmen that you can analyze, is that okay?" She continues, and I nodded, taking out my clipboard and pen inside my bag. 

"Got it." I respond. 

Riko-san also nodded at me and she started the tip-off. I watched as Kagami catches the ball and tosses it to Kawahara-kun and they all continue playing, aiming to shoot the ball. 

Kagami-kun has a nice physical body build. I guess he'll be a great power forward or center. But I think Mitobe-senpai is also a nice center..wow, I never thought that the other second years are all strong. 

I smile on my thoughts. This is a perfect team. 

Kagami made a dunk, and I also wrote that on his data. Destructive force for an unpolished, intuitive play. His play reminds me of Aomine-kun's freestyle. 

After a while of playing, the first years got a lead because Kagami is doing it all by himself. I haven't even notice Kuroko too! Gosh, is his "lack of presence thing" is finally effective on me? 

Then Izuki-senpai, Hyuga-senpai, and Koganei-senpai started triple teaming Kagami even though he doesn't have the ball. The second years are leading now. 

Scoreboard: 15-31

In the timeout, my eyes widen in shock when I finally recognize Kuroko's presence when him and Kagami are arguing about something. I guess the others too didn't know that he was on the court. 

After the timeout, the game finally heated up when I also see, for the first time again, Kuroko's magical misdirection pass leaving the other freshmen confuse why they got the ball. Oh yeah, it makes the senpais confuse too on what the heck is happening. 

I missed...him...

His plays...

The way he play basketball...

"Aagh! Get a hold of yourself, Mari! He's no longer your boyfriend, okay? The story between both of you ended a long time ago. Time to move on!" I said in my thoughts, shutting and squeezing my eyes to calm me down. 

31-32 One point difference. But in the end, first years win, and I sighed in relief as I wipe the sweats on my forehead. Kuroko...helps them to win the game, right? 

Riko walk towards me and sighed. "I didn't know that first years can beat the second years. And I honestly didn't know that Kuroko is the phantom sixth man of the generation of miracles." 

"Here, all the data I've collected so far.." I said, handing the clipboard to Riko-senpai. "The team can make a great defense and offense strategy. I observed that a while ago." 

The coach looks at me with a slightly raised eyebrows, but with a small knowing smile. "You excel on analyzing and making strategies for the team play, right?" 

"How'd ya know?"

"It's obvious in the way you watched the game. It's like you're calculating every move they made and predicting what they move next." She answered with a wink. 

"Ah, well, I used to help the coach back in Teiko in making strategies." 

"You can help me make tactics and strategies." 

"Sure. I'm the manager, you're the coach, so why not?" 

We both laughed as Riko return back the clipboard. Maybe...my decision right now isn't so bad after all. The pain was no more. There wasn't left. And if I look at Kuroko secretly, the pain never haunts me down again. Instead, I only felt a slight shiver. 

I'm still alive. 

And I though I'll never be. 

**********

It's evening. I waved a goodbye to the others as I get ready to go home. But after I walked outside the gym, I swear like there's someone behind me. Ugh, that feeling is really creepy. 

I stop walking when I felt a hand tapping my shoulder lightly. If I never knew Kuroko before, I swear like I'm starting to freak out here and go crazy that there's a ghost tapping my shoulder. 

"Kuroko-kun." I greeted him. 

"Mari-chan.." He also greeted me, with a slight panting. "I never thought that we'll be on the same school. I...actually..don't believe that this is all true...that.." 

Oh, gosh, no, don't start this, Kuroko, please. 

"It's getting late, Kuroko-kun. Do you want to speak with me?" Okay, I'm at least trying to be nice and rude at the same time. 

"It's nothing." Kuroko answered, with a small but sad smile. "I only wanted to say that I miss you very much, Mari-chan. I'm happy that both of us are together again in the basketball club."

Kuroko...you and your straightforward feelings...

"It's that all? Well then, see you tomorrow, Kuroko-kun! Good evening!" I said, waving a goodbye with a smile. 

"Please be careful, Mari-chan. Good night." Kuroko responds, as he watches me leave. 

**********

Hurt..It still hurts..

As I walk slowly, I titled my head upward to watch the twinkling stars. Coincidence, or just plainly destiny? I don't know, but I care. 

Kuroko's voice kept ringing in my head all over again. I've got to admit that whenever he approaches me, I thought he will reject me or something like when he broke up with me. 

I though I'm gonna lose him over and over again. And I will feel the pain over and over again. 

"Kuroko-kun", huh? It feels strange addressing him like that. When is the last time I've called him that name when we were still in Teiko? I can't hardly remember. I only remember that I'm used to call him Tetsu-chan all my life. 

"Tetsu-chan, let's grab a vanilla milkshake together!" 

"You're helping me right, Tetsu-chan?" 

"Tetsu-chan! Here's your water and towel!" 

"Do your best, Tetsu-chan! I'm always here for you!" 

"I love you, to the moon and back, to earth and to mars, Tetsu-chan!"

"You're my best and perfect boyfriend, Tetsu-chan! We'll always be together forever!" 

"I can't lose you, Tetsu-chan.." 

A big bright star suddenly twinkles and it stand up among the rest. I sighed, tears started forming on my eyes. Why it have to be like this? Why did you do this to me, Kuroko-kun? Why did you leave me alone? 

Tetsu-chan...

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

50.3K 1.4K 22
[Akashi x reader] "someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you; someday you'll miss me like I missed you; someday you'll need me like I needed you...
64.1K 1.5K 8
Kuroko got accepted by the Generation of Miracles fairly quickly. The other teams wonder why when Kuroko isn't that talented in basketball, besides p...
1.3K 66 14
Becoming injured from an accident during a match, Kuroko is unable to play the sport he loves to his fullest potential. Follow Kuroko's journey as he...
9.8K 511 16
❝ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨𝑹𝑬, 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝑯𝑰𝑫𝑬, 𝐈𝐓 𝐃�...