The Link Up

By emmakf901

During Emily's life, she has seen too much to bare. She was depressed, sad, and was finding a hard time to ge... More

:)
background
chapter 1 - emily
chapter 2 - the following
chapter 3 - the attack
chapter 4 - do you remember?
chapter 5 - omfg
chapter 6 - oh no
chapter 7 - not again
chapter 8 - introducing me
chapter 9 - school
chapter 10 - reliving it
chapter 11 - mom and dad?
chapter 12 - PARTY time
13. PARTY TIME part 2
14. The After Party
15. the hospital
16. going home
17. going home part 2
18. what will happen?
19. wtf?
20. oh kill me now
22. moms letter
mom's letter part 2
24. New home
25. not again
26. new home

21. why

121 7 2
By emmakf901

Tommy drove us back to his house. 

I didn't want to go home and see all the smiley pictures of my family after what I just heard from my mom. I didn't feel like talking to the guys and Sara. I just wanted.. no I needed a distraction from everything. Sweden, Fooo Conspiracy, my mom, Sara and anything that could make want to cry.

The car ride was quiet besides my sobbing every 5 minutes. Thankfully it wasn't that long of a drive there. I was still my uniform and my makeup was all over it. 

Tommy's parents were out of town. We walked to his room. He went to his closet and got me a t-shirt and sweats. 

"Here. I don't think you want to sleep in your uniform. And I can wash it for tomorrow."

"Thanks." I barely get out. 

I set the clothes down and could barely get out of my clothes. 

"You okay Emily?"

"No I'm not." I had given up on taking off my clothes. It wasn't difficult, I just felt weak and like I can't take anything. 

"Do you want me to help you?"

I just shrugged. We had seen each other in our underwear before. He was like my big brother so I didn't care if he did.

He walks over to me. He helps me to unbutton my blouse, taking it off slowly as if not to break the fragile being that held it. My shirt was off and I had my sports bra on. He then knelt to unzip my skirt. I was left in my underwear. Tommy helped me put on my shirt over my head. 

"Do you want to wear the sweats?"

"No thats okay. Thank you." He help guided me to the bed and I laid there staring at the ceiling. I needed a reason to stay here. I had no reason. School was ending, Nick was going, my mom is dying and told me she hated me, my dad is dead, and I alienated my  friends. 

Tommy went to his closet again to grab clothes for him to wear. Mostly, he just wore his gym shorts.

He came out and sat down next to me. I said nothing. Still horrified at my mother's words and the thought of never seeing Tommy again in a few days. I cuddled up next to Tommy. My head resting in his neck. I didn't want him to see me cry again. I could feel his rubbing my back to calm me down.

"Emmy? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm moving to Sweden, after finals. My mom hates me and thinks of me as a disappointment and she told me she hated me and she is dying. I'm getting adopted by Omar's parents. I alienated my friends. And I'm never going to see you again." Thats the one that made me cry harder. 

"Oh. Thats a lot." He pulled me closer to him, hugging me tightly.

"I am go to school abroad in Sweden. You remember my uncle lives there. And I have dual citizenship there."

"I don't want to lose you.I can't. I would break."

"You won't I promise. I will skype you crazy, talk to you all the time, and try to visit as much as I can.Okay. I promise you, you will not lose me."

His promise was reassuring. We put on a movie, Avengers. I feel asleep not even 20 minutes in. I head was on Tommy's chest and my arm wrapped around him. 

I dreamt that I woke up in my bed. I got out of bed, grabbed my jacket, put it in and walked into my brother's room. His bed was messy and he was not in sight. I could hear the TV on from down the hall. I walked into my parents room. My mom and dad still asleep. I smiled at their peacefulness and closed the door so they would not be disturbed. I followed the sound of the TV to the kids room. Nick was asleep on the couch. I turned off the TV and walked outside to grab the morning paper for my dad. I walked down our steps and to the newspaper. I bent over to pick it up. When I stood up there was someone in front of me. 

"You don't see it do you?" the black hooded person said to me.

"Um excuse me?"

"You will always be alone. You will lose everyone."

"What are you talking about?"

"You already lost your dad, mom, your brother, and your friends. You will lose Tommy too."

"You don't know that. He promised me."

"Then how long until he gets a girlfriend and forgets about you?"

"Stop it!" I turned around away from that person and ran back to my house. Only it wasn't my house. 

I woke up with a start.

Tommy was still asleep. I crawled out of bed, grabbed a jacket, and walked around the house.

The sun was about to rise so I walked out to watch it. I sat down in a car and just stared into the pink sky. I shut my eyes for a minute to relax. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder, what felt like minutes later.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Couldn't sleep. Bad dream. What time is it?"

"Its 11:30. Do you want something to eat?"

"No I'm good. Thank you."

"By the way, your phone is blowing up with messages and missed calls." He said handing me my phone. 

There were several missed calls and voicemails from Felix, Oscar, Nick, Sara, Omar and the hospital. 

I listened to the hospital voicemail first. 

"Hello Emily. It is your mom's doctor. We need you to come in as soon as you get this. It is about your mother. Thank you. Bye."

"Tommy can you drive me to the hospital before school?"

"Yea sure. Go get dressed."

I ran to his room and got dressed in some comfy clothes.

"I'm ready." 

We filed into the car and drove to the hospital. 

I ran up the stairs while Tommy took the elevator and I still beat him to my mom's room. I opened teh door to her room to find it empty. I quickly ran to a nurse.

"What happened to the lady in 418?"

She mumbled and walked away. Her doctor walked by and I ran to him Tommy following close behind me. 

"Oh Emily. How did you sleep?"

"Where is my mom?"

"Emily I am so sorry. She passed last night. Her heart couldn't take the stress. She went into cardiac arrest. Before she passed she wrote you a letter."

"He handed me an envelope but I couldn't take it. I just looked at it. 

"Emily? Are you going to take it?"

I shook my head with hurt written all over my face. The doctor gave the letter to Tommy and gave me a hug. I broke down. I cried in his arms for 20 minutes. Until I realized I had a final at noon I could not miss.

"Umm. Thank you doctor but I have to go."

"Okay. If there is anything you need. Just let us know."

"Um doctor? Did she? Um..."

"No she didn't feel any pain."

"Oh okay. Thank you."

I could barely make it to the elevator. Tommy had to help me.

We got to the car.

"Please take me to school."

"Emily you just heard your mom died. Are you sure that's the best thing to do right now?"

"If I don't do anything, I'll cry and I can't cry. Please Tommy."

"Okay fine." He drove me to school, but he was on the phone with someone the whole time. I stared out my window and tuned him out. 

We finally arrived at school. I grabbed my bag and went. 

"Bye Emily. I love you."

"Love you too Tommy!"

I ran to the library to study for my finals. I had two finals today and two tomorrow. I studied until my head hurts until they called us in to take our seats for the test.

"You will have an hour and a half to take him test. You may begin."

I took the test in silence. I stayed focus and only focused in the test. I finished with 10 minutes left on the clock. I played with my pen the rest of the time, writing this on my arms and doing tricks until the proctor said "Time is up. Drop your pencils. You are dismissed."

I left and went back to the library. I studied for the next half an hour until our next test. 

They called us in again. "You will have an hour and a half to take this test. You may begin."

I focused and stayed focus for the test. I finished the test in no time. I turned it in and waited for the time to be up. Soon after it was over. I got up and went to one of the proctors, Mr. Yahn.

"Uhh. Mr. Yahn?"

"Yes? Oh Emily hello. How was the test?"

"It was okay. Thank you. Um, thats not what I wanted to ask you. Is there anyway I can take my two other finals today?"

"Why is that?"

"My mom passed away last night and I am moving to Sweden to be with a new family the day after tomorrow and I would like to pack tomorrow and get ready to leave."

"Oh Emily I am so sorry. Uh sure. I happen to have a copy of the tests. Sit here and you can take them. Are You sure you are ready for them?"

"Yeah."

No

"Okay. You may begin."

*hour and a half later*

"Here is my test Mr. Yahn."

"Okay here is your next one. Do you want to take a break?" 

"No."

"Okay. You may begin."

*hour and a half later*

"Thank you Mr. Yahn."

"You're welcome Emily. My condolences."

I walked out to see Omar.

"Hey there brother." I chuckled a little to relieve the tension. 

"Hey little sister. You take your test?"

"Yeah all of them, so I can pack my bags tomorrow."

"Emily I am so sorry. Sweden will be better. I promise."

"Thanks Omar."

We walked hand and hand to his car. We went back to my house and packed my stuff. 

When we got there, Felix and the rest of the guys had already start to pack my stuff. 

This was going to be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523 50 19
(almost no interruptions) When a lonely child by the name of Clay and the nickname of Dream discovers a Mermaid Prince as lonely as he is, they grow...
5K 143 39
Title explains itself... Hope you enjoyā¯¤
2.1K 110 28
(READ THE OTHER VERSION WITHOUT MANY INNTERUPTIONS) When a lonely child by the name of Clay and the nickname of Dream discovers a Mermaid Prince as l...
8.6K 198 31
Ellie's lived a tough life of abuse and pain, but when she meets Luke her life suddenly turns into a fairy tale or does it. What can possibly go wron...