Cursed Saint

By Bre2k9

THIS STORY HAS BEEN ABANDONED! PLEASE SEE THE CHAPTER LABELED WHY ISN'T THERE MORE!!!! It was such a simple a... More

Cursed Saint
1 - Act of Bravery
2 - Taken
3 - Determination
4 - Will to Protect
5 - Pieces
6 - Promise of a Lifetime
7 - Before Your Eyes
8 - Zero to Hero
9 - Nature's Wonders
10 - Betrayal
11 - Not Alone
12 - Capture
13 - Secrets
14 - Truth Behind the Curse
15 - Escape
16 - Blind Love
Halloween Special: Konoha Manor Ghost
18 - Someday
19 - Family
Why Isn't There More????
Midnight
The Dragon's Scale

17 - Had Enough

261 14 11
By Bre2k9

I really thought I had used this title before.... Apparently not... and I was gonna edit before posting... but felt like reading too much... Oh. Also since I tend to use Konoha and Suna, Forest shall be changed to Mori.

*~*~*~

In all the chaos that ensued upon the arrival of the back-up, it hadn't been hard for Yuumai to slip away. It also proved easy to sneak into the defensive line of bandits as they were either engrossed with what was occurring or saw no threat in Yuumai's arrival. The hard part was finding Aiko in the large mass of bodies.

Grumbling her annoyance, Yuumai shouldered through. Mori wasn't exactly the largest of villages. It shouldn't take her too long to find her sister so they could run. There was no way she wanted to leave their fate to a bunch of random ninja. Even the Konoha bunch were just there for their sensei. That was their goal. Not her and her sister.

Even as Yuumai repeated this to herself, she saw Ryu as he charged in to save a complete stranger against multiple bandits. Even Chouji had made sure she escaped at the risk of his own capture.

Yuumai redoubled her efforts to shove her way through the crowd.

"Aiko!" Yuumai began to call after a couple minutes of fruitless searching. People were just too stubborn to kindly move their butts out of her way.

A weight lifted from her shoulders when she heard a familiar voice yell back, "Yuumai?"

Following the sound of the voice, it only took a few more moments before she finally found her sister. Yuumai was drawn into a hug as soon as she was in Aiko's reach. Heaving a sigh of relief, Yuumai awkwardly hugged Aiko back. Physical contact had never been her strong suite.

Yuumai frowned as she pulled away. "Okay, and now we have to get out of here." She began to walk toward the far end of the village, grasping Aiko's wrist to drag her along. Which is why it irritated her when Aiko didn't budge.

Aiko was shaking her head, lips pursed, when Yuumai turned around. "We can't just leave everyone, Yuumai."

After another vain tug, Yuumai sighed and dropped Aiko's arm. When she wanted to be, Aiko was annoyingly stubborn. There was nothing Yuumai could do about it except follow her lead when Aiko set her mind on something. It was a trait both sister's shared, but in this case, Aiko won.

Mostly because Yuumai couldn't throw Aiko over her shoulder and make a run for it.

"What do you suggest we do the-"

Before Yuumai could finish, a loud boom resonated throughout the village. A few people shrieked as everyone moved to cover their ears. The ground beneath them shook slightly, sending a handful of bodies to the ground.

That didn't stop Yuumai from darting toward the source of the sound. As the noise dwindled, she could faintly hear Aiko following. At least that's who Yuumai figured the villagers were grumbling at since it wasn't her. Her smaller figure made it easier to weave through the disgruntled figures now that she knew where she was headed.

What she saw when she reached the edge of the crowd made her stomach drop.

Shikamaru and one of the new arrivals were on the ground new Ryu. The Shira Forest Bandit's leader, Daichi, was crouched in front of Ryu with a firm grip on his chin. The adult new arrival was being held by Asuma while Senshi simply stood there for some reason.

Even if she couldn't quite understand the exchange between Ryu and Daichi, she did notice the moment Ryu's pale eyes slid open. His eyes widened in recognition, but it was the revolted one Yuumai had been hoping for.

He'd been caught in Daichi's jutsu, just like Asuma.

"Ryu!"

Yuumai just barely caught Daichi raising to his feet before her eyes flickered back to the man Asuma held. Although he was only being restrained, the man was wincing continually and heaving for breath. With the new development, though, he began to struggle with a renewed vigor.

Asuma grunted, but for a moment his entire body grew rigid. Whether the man noticed this or not, he used it to his advantage. He finally managed to escape Asuma's gasp, but the Konoha ninja recovered quickly enough to jump away.

The man's attention wasn't on Asuma anyway. As soon as he was free, the shinobi weaved a set of hand seals and leapt toward an unprepared Senshi. Once he was finished with the hand signs and just moments away from closing the distance between him and Senshi, the man brought his hand out of the hand signs, blue electricity crackling around it.

"Lightning style! Lightning Impact Jutsu!"

Another boom burst forth as the man's fist made contact with Senshi's sternum. This time, however, it wasn't nearly as powerful. However, the effect it had on Senshi was clear as day. The bandit was sent flying back. He only stopped when he slammed into a tree.

Even from where she stood, Yuumai could see the bloody, burned mess that was Senshi's torso. Bile rose, nearly spewing out before Yuumai swallowed it back down. Charred flesh was not a pleasant sight.

Despite his heavy damage, Senshi struggled to his feet. The attempt was in vain. Within only seconds he fell back to his knees. The start of a cry was put to a stop as Senshi puked up blood. His other attempts to make a noise were gurgled wheezes that only stopped when he collapsed on the ground.

He didn't move again.

Movement caught Yuumai's attention, finally dragging her focus away from Senshi's lifeless body. Asuma had come to a stop near it, his eyes narrowed. He flicked something into his mouth. Guessing from the lapse of time since the first usage of the Enhancement pill, it was most likely a second one.

"Looks like you have made a little progress, Suna ninja, but this is all over now." Daichi had begun approaching Asuma, Ryu trailing behind him like a lost puppy. Although his face wasn't as blank as Asuma's usually was, it was close.

The Suna went rigid as his eyes fell upon Ryu once more. "Ryu, it's me. It's Raido. You have no reason to hurt me."

Ryu dropped his gaze. Even if he was under Daich's genjutsu, he continued his habit of fiddling with his ring. "My brother... My brother said you only plan on using my power."

Daichi nodded, ruffling Ryu's hair. Yuumai wasn't sure if Ryu could really see the expression on the man's face, but his victorious smirk sent a shiver down Yuumai's spine. As he moved his hand from Ryu's head, he pulled another Enhancement pill from his pocket and flicked it into his mouth.

"That's right, Ryu," Daichi confirmed, chewing the pill. "But the only way we can stop them is with that power. So, I would like you to remove your ring."

"No!"

The cry came from a couple of sources. The first was the Suna man, Raido, and the other was from Ino. Raido instantly moved – no, blurred – toward Daichi, who moved nearly as quickly to meet him.

Ino, however, was too far to really get close. She also had a few bandits around her. "Shikamaru, stop him!"

Shikamaru had managed to get to his knees. His hands were moving in hand seals. Once he finished, one hand cupped over his other, and his shadow shot in Ryu's direction. The other boy had been staring at his ring, moving it back and forth on his finger as if he wasn't sure if he should take it off. The moment Shikamaru's shadow touched Ryu's, though, he went rigid.

"Ino, what does the ring do?" Shikamaru called.

Yuumai's eyes widened as she heard the question. As Ino had been the only other person to react, it appeared she knew what the ring could do as well. If she answered Shikamaru, she'd also find out the mystery behind the ring. To her dismay, though, Ino was too preoccupied by the bandits to answer.

"Shikamaru, I need you to release me," Ryu demanded, trying to turn his head. Whatever Shikamaru was doing kept him immobile. "Otherwise, Raido will use my power. That's why Asuma has been helping Daichi – he was working with my brother!"

Shikamaru shrugged. "I don't know what your ring has to do with anything, but I know that I'm not supposed to let you take it off." Out of all the things Shikamaru could do at the moment, he yawned. "And if you're so convinced your brother is working with Daichi, where is Daichi at this moment?"

Rather than answer, Ryu simply squirmed more. He still had a grip on his ring, and now he seemed even more determined to take it off. "Just let me go before I make you."

The Nara said nothing.

"Fine then."

A dark aura pulsed around Ryu. The shadow connected to him shimmered, thinning before wavering even more. Ryu's arm began to tremble. The ring moved ever so slightly as his movement returned a bit.

"Ino, I'm not sure how long I can hold this."

Whatever Ino replied with, Yuumai didn't hear it. Instead she continued examining the scene. Ryu had always been so dead set on keeping his ring on. There was also some mystery around it. If Shikamaru failed, whatever the secret was would be revealed. She should feel eager to find out.

Yet even as she tried to let her curiosity get the better of her, she once more saw Ryu as he rushed in to save her.

The very same Ryu who wouldn't want his ring off.

Yuumai was still shifting through her thoughts when she heard a very familiar growl. Her eyes widened just as a multi-colored dog lunged from the opposite direction, making contact as the shadow finally broke. Ryu yelped as Shingi sunk his teeth into his arm.

"Shingi!" Yuumai shouted.

The dog only growled in response, his dark eyes focused on Ryu. The dark chakra flickered out of life as Ryu tried to detach Shingi's jaw from his right arm. If anything, Shingi only bit harder.

"Let me go, Shingi," Ryu ordered, wincing as blood dripped from the bite.

Nothing changed. Setting his jaw, Ryu glared. His attempts were no longer simple pleading. Realizing these wouldn't work, Ryu slammed a fist into Shingi's nose. The effect was instant. With a whimper, Shingi released his hold and stumbled back.

"Yuumai, don't!"

Aiko's voice barely reached through the rage that pulsed through Yuumai as she rushed forward. Ryu had just reached for his ring again when Yuumai socked him in the jaw. While the boy was still recovering from shock, Yuumai delivered a round house kick in the direction of the back of Ryu's knees.

Her training proved to pay off as her aim was true, taking Ryu to the ground as his legs gave out from beneath him.

Except for a small grunt, Ryu showed little signs of being affected. As he was hopping back to his feet, Shingi returned with a vengeance. This time Shingi went for Ryu's leg. He yowled and nearly stumbled back onto the ground.

"Yuumai, keep him preoccupied," Ino shouted from somewhere.

She didn't need to be told twice. Yuumai lunged forward, tackling Ryu at the waist. His balance already amiss, Ryu was unable to stay up. They both ended up on the ground with Yuumai crawling to be on top of the younger boy. When she reached a good vantage point, she pinned his arms down.

The position didn't last long. Ryu rolled his hips, throwing his entire body weight into turning. The roll lasted for a moment, but when it stopped, Ryu was now on top. He was wasting no time pinning her. As soon as he could, Ryu reached for the ring on his finger.

Yuumai had no time to think – she simply imitated her dog.

Opening her mouth wide, she bit down on his left hand, making sure to include his ring finger. The metallic taste of blood nearly made her gag. She was not going to lose, though.

Ryu winced. "Please, Yuumai. I am just trying to protect every-" His words were cut off by a cry. While he'd been talking, Yuumai had decided to bite down even harder. "That's it. Yuumai, let go or I'll make you."

Nothing changed. Resolute eyes stared up at him, daring him to go through with his threat.

"I'm sorry." Ryu pulled back his free hand and prepared to strike.

His flesh wasn't given a break. Shingi had released him when Yuumai had tackled him, and now he had jumped forth again, this time to chomp Ryu's wrist. Both arms were captured.

Despite the pain it caused him, Ryu began to try prying his arms free. He grimaced. After a moment he dropped his eyes to Yuumai's. The determination had faded away, replaced by a brokenness she didn't expect. It nearly made her release his hand. The desperation he displayed was completely different from the Ryu she had known.

Just what had Daichi done to him?

"Please, Yuumai. I have to help my brother. Plea-"

His words came to a stop as a hand fell on his shoulder. Rather than turn to discover who had appeared, Ryu simply tensed. The expression fell from his face as it grew blank. Yuumai just had time to see Shikamaru had appeared behind him before Ryu suddenly fell forward. Her eyes widened as she released Ryu's hand and turned her face to the side. If he fell on her face, she would rather not have her nose crushed.

At the last second, Ryu's hands shot out, catching his body inches from Yuumai's face. Yuumai hesitantly turned her head around, staring up into shocked dark white eyes.

"Yuumai? What's going on?"

Yuumai had no idea how to react. Ryu was still pinning her body down with his weight, and his face was way too close to comfort. If it was an actually cool guy, she may even have blushed. Groping for anything to say, Yuumai finally decided on what to do.

She punched him in the face.

"That's for Shingi."

*~*~*~

Coming to with multiple sore spots with Yuumai below him was strange enough. Even odder was suddenly being punched for some revenge for Shingi.

The force had sent Ryu tumbling off Yuumai, leaving him sprawled out on the ground. "Ow," he groaned, rubbing his face.

"Welcome back, Ryu. Now I suggest you get on your feet."

Hearing the familiar voice, Ryu looked up to see Shikamaru standing in front of Yuumai. She was sitting up on the ground and petting Shingi. Ryu turned his head to take in the rest of the village. The bandits had been thinning out, their bodies littering the ground as they were either dead or knocked out. Ino and Chouji were crouched over huffing, taking a break while they had it. Kaine was leaning against a tree, his eyes closed, Taichi standing nearby to protect him. Hime was still dancing around taking out opponents. Both Suna shinobi appeared sluggish, their eyes narrowed and sweat dripping from their face.

Ryu took Shikamaru's advice and rose to his feet. Pain bloomed in his shin. It was a similar pain to that in his arms. His memory was still foggy, but he'd find out what he was missing later. There was one last group he had to check up on.

Following the sound of fighting, Ryu turned to search for Raido's battle. It was still going at a blurring pace. Their bodies only periodically appeared before vanishing again. Ryu did manage to glimpse them a few times. Raido had more cuts scattered around than before, but Asuma and Daichi were slowing down. Either the pills were already fading again or fatigue had reached past its affects.

"They've each used two now," Shikamaru stated. "All the usage of chakra seems to be wearing at their boost, and they'll have to use another one soon."

Although confused by the random information, Ryu continued to watch. They would need to return to battling the bandits soon. The bandits shouldn't take too long. Based on how many had already been taken down, they weren't nearly as strong as Senshi or Daichi.

Speaking of, hadn't he just been fighting Senshi?

"What did I miss, Shikamaru?"

"Senshi and Daichi switched places. Senshi preoccupied your new friend while Daichi put you under his genjutsu. That Suna guy killed Senshi. You tried to take off your ring. Then you were bit. A lot."

Someone had bitten him? If not for the situation, Ryu may have laughed. It was such a crude tactic, but as he examined the throbbing areas, he found puncture wounds matching teeth. They had not held their bites back at all. Considering how he'd "woken up" before and the size of a couple of the bites, he had a sneaking suspicion Yuumai and Shingi were at fault.

Ryu returned his focus to Raido's battle. As much as he wanted to help defeat Daichi and get Asuma back, he knew he had no way of doing so. Even Shikamaru wouldn't be able to use his jutsu without risk. If Raido's shadow was the one he connected with, Daichi wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of the mistake. There was nothing anyone genin level could do.

With a sigh, Ryu started to walk in the direction of the remaining bandits. "We should probably go clear up more of the band-"

He froze in his spot, his eyes widening. While he'd been focused on the other battle, sudden progress had occurred with the others. Taichi and Hime were now taking a break near Kaine, who was still unconscious, while Ino and Chouji stood a bit in front of them watching. Two new shinobi were taking out the remaining bandits that the other four genin had been fighting while a third was beating up the ones guarding the villagers.

They all looked faintly familiar, and they sported Konoha headbands. Since they appeared around Ryu's age, he would guess they had graduated a year or two before him. One was using weapons while the other two stuck to taijutsu.

Ryu would have stared for a while if he didn't hear an exclamation from Raido's battle. He swirled around to find Daichi on the ground, coughing as he clutched his chest. Standing in his place was a very odd looking man with a black bowl cut, outrageously bushy eyebrows, and a green suit. Based on the flak jacket over top and his headband, though, he was a Konoha jounin.

This man Ryu actually was familiar with because of his time with the Hokage. Meaning the others had to be his students.

Somehow Might Gai's team had appeared.

Asuma was too surprised to make any sort of move, and Raido took this to his advantage. He shot toward the jounin, placing his hand on Asuma's arm. Ryu's heart leaped as Asuma tensed, only to slouch forward a moment later.

The surprise attack had worked, whether Gai meant for it or not. Asuma was free.

"No!"

Daichi had climbed back to his feet, still clutching his chest from impact. He snarled, his eyes flickering between all the jounin. Asuma was still dazed and Raido was gasping for oxygen. Whatever he had been doing had exhausted him. Gai was the only one truly ready to keep fighting.

It was probably because of this Daichi's snarl shifted into a smirk. He reached into his pocket and produced yet another Enhancement pill. "I'll just take all of you down while you're exhausted."

"Stop him," Raido barked as Daichi raised the pill to his mouth.

Before Gai could move to do so, another voice stopped him. "Let him do it," Shikamaru called. Somehow his voice still held its lax nature despite all that was going on.

Whether Gai would have stopped or not was mute. Daichi was quick to stuff the pill in his mouth and devour it. Unlike the previous times, blue chakra flared to life around him. Daichi chuckled, flexing his arms as the power pumped through him.

"It would appear three is the magic number. Now I'll crush you all."

The blue chakra flickered out of life before Daichi could take a step. His eyes narrowed, but then widened. A cough shook his entire frame, growing harder and dryer with each one. A particularly deep one was followed by blood. Daichi clutched his chest, his next few coughs producing the same crimson liquid.

Everyone who had noticed the situation could only stare as Daichi crumpled to his knees, continuing his fit. He clawed at his chest, but soon lost the ability as he fell forward. The coughs grew weaker, though each still produced more blood.

It only lasted for a handful of seconds before the coughing ceased and Daichi stopped moving.

"Based on the ingredients and great increase of chakra, the body would only be able to take two Enhancement pills."

Shikamaru's sudden input caused Ryu to flinch. He'd been so engrossed by what was occurring he had forgotten anyone was around him. Ryu had had a feeling of what was happening to Daichi, but his heart still squeezed at the clarification. Just because he'd wanted him stopped didn't mean he had wanted this to happen.

It was all over.

Daichi was dead.

*~*~*~

So... This was basically the end of this arc. Freaking finally. There will be a few clarifications next chapter such as where Team Gai randomly came from as well as just kind of leaving the village. I'm pretty sure the lead up to the next arc shall begin. So it'll kind of be a transition chapter.

What do you all think? Did you enjoy this arc? What do you think of the ending? Sorry this chapter was so..... Meh... The PoVs I was using each mostly observed, but Yuumai needed her form of closing showing a bit of the fact she'd actually started to bond with the Konoha kids since this was a birthday present character and Ryu needed to be shaken from his daze. So yeah.... Please forgive me. Hope you all enjoyed :3 I put Had Enough on here here and had it be the titlw because, come on... IT FITS DAICHI WAY TOO WELL!! Especially his end XD Anyone catch how a lot of Daichi had to do with greed? Yes, no, maybe so?

I'll shut up now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 16.3K 34
After failing to bring Sasuke back, Naruto is ridiculed by his peers. Seeing as how people don't appreciate him, he gives up on his dream to be Hokag...
3.1K 60 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...
121K 3.7K 32
[UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING] (Highest Ranking: #328 in Tragedy #39 in Male OC) "My loving and kind brother- the one I ran to whenever something bad h...
4.8K 99 15
Naruto and Sasuke grow up as close brothers under one adoptive mother. Life isn't so bad after all...until Mother is taken. Family love/(maybe someth...