Harry Potter and the Year of...

By TravelThroughTime

Harry, Hermione and Ron are going to Hogwarts for their 7th year. During the year Harry gets close to people... More

Harry Potter and the Year of Surprises by erinpotter
Surprise Number 1
Diagon Alley
Ginny
Three more Surprises (and Fred and George's)
The Kiss
Harry and Ron's agreement
The Talks
Trouble at the Station
First Night Surprise
Getting Ready
The Head Boy and Girl
The Ball
The New Quarters
The Hideaway
The Bet
What Ginny Found
Ginny's Surprise
A Surprise for Erin
The Bets part two
Harry's Glow
Dumbledore's Surprise
The Invisible Surprise
Stealing From Severus
Talking with the Big Guy
Catching Up
The Lockets
Building Up To It
A Great Match
You Are Harry Potter
Hermione's Rebellious Streak
The Party - part one
The Party - part two
A Million Galleons?
Three Mini Tests
Athletic Ability
More Athletic Ability
Girls Are Still Better
Aurors
Baby Talk
Christmas Is Coming
A Rather Eventful Morning
Okay, I'll give you ten minutes
Just Thinking
Names
The Meeting
The Fallout
The Death Eaters
Weasley? Why do I know that name?
Snape?
Christmas
Malfoy's Fan Club
April Fool's Day
Letters From Above
Change It's Name
The Last Match
Monday
Teusday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Erroneous-Identity
Draco's First Night
Auror Forms
Hogsmeade
The Dark Mark
Dead
A Father's Plea
Telling The Story
Getting Packed
They Dissapeared
Number One
Into College

Just Five Hours

597 9 0
By TravelThroughTime

It was finally the 31st of October. Everything was ready. They were going to make the potion in The Hideaway. It was outside. Hermione had arranged the feast to end at eleven. That would give them plenty of time to get their stuff and get to The Hideaway. They had to have tree monkey saliva simmering in the cauldron for twenty four hours before that so it was already there. Ginny was especially excitable that day. Hermione was jumpy. She couldn’t get caught. They’d take her badge. Ron and Harry were pretty normal. They’d done this kind of thing before…and worse. Hermione didn’t think they had done anything worse than this.

‘Yes we have! The Polyjuice potion is harder than this but we made it in second year!’ Ron said.

‘Yes, but that was to save people’s lives…and I wasn’t head girl.’

‘This is to save people’s lives as well! And so what if you’re head girl. Don't you think our safety is more important than a silly badge?’ Ginny told her, while jumping from one foot to the other.

‘And in fifth year, we stole a few of those funny animals and flew to London!’ Ron told her.

‘Yes, yes. I get the point. Ginny, do you need the toilet?’

‘No, why?’

‘You are bobbing up and down on your seat.’

‘Nope, I'm just a bit hyper. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE DOING THIS!’

‘Ginny, it’s not a big deal, honey.’ Harry said.

‘Is for me. I've never done anything like this! HEEHEE!’

‘Ginny please calm down. You’re making me nervous. Two hours till the feast. Five hours till eleven. Do you wanna go and get a sandwich or something, I'm starved.’ Ron said. 

‘Yeah, mate me too.’

They went down to the great hall where a few snacks were being served for the people like Ron who can't wait for a few hours. Harry grabbed a sandwich and sat down at the Gryffindor table. The rest followed him.

‘Hermione. Are you sure you’ve got all the ingredients? I saw the bag they’re in and it looks pretty small.’ Harry questioned.

‘Harry, think about it. It would look dead suspicious if I had a huge bag with me. And the one I have will fit nicely under the cloak.’ she replied. 

‘Yeah, but how do they fit?’ he exaggerated the ‘how’.

‘Harry. Can you fit more than two spells into that tiny little brain of yours? Don't you remember last year, we learnt a shrinking spell?’

‘Oh…yeah.’

‘Yeah. Harry. I'm all ready. I'll do a check when I go back up and then before the feast.’

‘You don't have to.’ Ron told her.

‘Yeah I know but I want to. Just to be sure. You never can be, especially with the likes of Malfoy walking freely about the school. I just wish he would do something so I could put him in detention!’ Hermione raged.

‘Now now, Hermione! We’ll get our revenge.’ Harry teased. ‘You must’ve had a personality transplant over the summer! Or else it’s Ron having a bad effect on you…’

‘My little Ron couldn’t have a bad effect on anyone. And Harry, I think the phrase you meant to use was “ill effect”.’

‘No Harry. She hasn’t changed’ Ginny said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

An hour and a half later, the four friends walked down to the hall to make sure everything was in order. Harry and Ron sat down while the two girls ran about rearranging things and telling house-elves to get extra of one kind of food because it tasted nice and sending prefects to get extra banners and decorations, things like that.

‘She’s wonderful, Harry.’ Ron sighed.

‘Who? Ginny? Yeah, I know.’ Harry grinned

‘Nah, I meant Hermione. I still don't get it.’

‘Get what?’ 

‘Why she picked me.’

‘Shut up Ron. I don't know hoe many times I’ve told you this! She loves you!’

‘Yeah I know but WHY?’

‘Honestly mate, I don't know. I definitely wouldn’t choose you!’ 

‘Shut up Harry.’

‘Heh heh. I don't know why Ginny picked me either, mate. I mean, everyone is after her! I've heard Michael Corner wants her back and Dean does too. Seamus says that if he ever stopped going with Lavender he’d fight me for her and even Malfoy wants her!’

‘Everyone knows that she loves you though mate. She always has. Ever since our first year! She’s got you now and she's not about to let go! She might go all funny and turn into a bunny boiler.’

‘Ginny's way too feisty to be a bunny boiler. She's got her own personality and she won't change it for anyone. That’s part of why I love her. Nah, we’ve got a balanced relationship, me and Ginny.’

‘What are you two looking all sober about?’ Ginny called over.

‘Shit Harry. I bet we look like really old granddads! Just sitting here smiling and talking about lovely girls!’

‘Heh heh. I bet we do.’ 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Hermione sat back and smiled. ‘We did a good job, didn’t we?’

Harry nodded. ‘Yeah, we did.’

‘I was talking to Ginny! What did you two do?’

‘We went to the kitchens. I am the almighty down there I hope you know. They all love me.’ Harry teased.

‘Yeah and me too.’ Ron said. ‘But only because I take all the food they give me. They think I'm polite.’

‘Yeah, right. The almighty! You are so big headed Harry! I think it needs deflated.’

‘Nah, I think it’s perfect. Just like the rest of me, don't you think Gin?’

‘Hell yeah. Perfect. Ron, I think you needed a bit of fixing up. Just look at Harry, and then you. Really why don't you try?’ Ginny grinned.

‘Hey! Ron's just fine the way he is! Leave him alone or I'll curse both of you to kingdom come. Oh, shit, stand up, here’s Dumbledore.’

They all stood up in a hurry. So fast in fact, that Ron toppled over.

‘Mr Weasley. I hope you haven’t been drinking. We can't have any of you being drunk now can we? We need all four of you to look after the drunken teachers. No, no, you shall have to stay sober! Miss Granger, I trust everything is in order.’ 

‘Yes, everything is fine. I do hope everything goes as planned.’

‘Me too. Have you been talking to Remus, Harry? I do hope Nymphadora is well.’

‘Yeah, I talked to him yesterday. Tonks is fine but she’s massive. Remus thinks there’s something wrong but the healer says she's fine so I don't think there's anything to worry about.’

‘Good, good. I must go and great the teachers. I know them so well, but I must keep up the traditions of old. Have an excellent night, and…er…keep out of trouble, eh?’ he winked and left.

Harry turned to ask his friends if they thought Dumbledore knew about their plans but he found three angry faces staring at him.

‘What?’ he asked.

‘Why didn’t you tell us you were talking to Remus and Tonks?’

‘I forgot. I was so caught up in…the plan!’

‘You should have told us! And why didn’t you ask us if we wanted to talk to them?’ Ginny asked sounding hurt.

‘I just missed them and I wanted to have a little chat with Moony. He is my godfather you know.’

‘Yeah I know. I just wish you told us. But how is Tonks? Is she really that big?’

‘Yeah, Gin. I didn’t think it was possible to be THAT pregnant but she has changed all that! I think it’s gonna hurt, bad.’

‘Eugh! Harry that is nasty!’ Ron said, and they walked off to join in the feast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 10.1K 29
Draco and Harry both return to Hogwarts for their seventh year and have some feelings for each other they need to deal with.
6.4K 132 14
Everyone has been asked back to Hogwarts to finish their 7th year. Hermione is asked to be Head girl. Who will be the Head Boy? Read to find out.
20.1K 686 14
The war is over, and for once Hermione Granger is ready for a long awaited quiet year at Hogwarts. Her and Ginny are the only ones of the older two y...
339K 10.3K 22
sixth year approaches too closely for giovanna potter's liking. her, along with many others, are faced with the challenge of growing... and making de...