Creatures of Hell Book 1: Whi...

By MysteriousGoth

"P-please don't kill me!" I cried, closing my eyes and waiting for the pain of his teeth, sinking into my ski... More

Chapter 1: Light to Dark
Chapter 2: Waking Up
Chapter 3: Meet the Vampires
Chapter 4: Head of the House
Chapter 5: Devils Got A Great Smile
Chapter 6: Hearing the Impossible
Chapter 7: Friends with Fangs
Chapter 8: Death Drink
Chapter 9: Four Weeks of Hell
Chapter 10: The Vamp Week
Chapter 11: Deal of the Damned
Chapter 12: Shopping for Sadness
Chapter 13: Blood Loss
Chapter 14: Driving Towards Death [Sedrick]
Chapter 15: Dying Alone
Chapter 16: Witches Work Wonders
Chapter 17: White Shows Everything
Chapter 18: Promised to the Wicked
Chapter 19: Broken Promises
Chapter 20: Blood Bound
Chapter 21: Coming To Terms With Life [David]
Chapter 22: People Change
Chapter 23: Waking Up to Reality
Chapter 24: Reluctance Doesn't Pay Off
Chapter 25: Monster on Earth
Chapter 26: Distractions
Chapter 28: Cared For
Chapter 29: The Broken Girl [Sedrirck]
Chapter 30: Knife Pain
Chapter 31: Witnessing Hell [Sedrick]
Chapter 32: Slipping Away [Sedrick]
Chapter 33: Happy Endings [David]
Chapter 34: Lonely World [Sedrick]
Chapter 35: Burn it Down
Chapter 36: Eternal
Chapter 37: Hateful Liar
Chapter 38: The Truth
Chapter 39: Whole Truth
Chapter 40: New Era

Chapter 27: The Spirits

936 35 2
By MysteriousGoth

As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt the spirits presence.

I could see them behind my eyes, I could feel them and hear them, even smell them.

It was the sweetest smell but also the purest one that could be explained, the glow was there but yet so far away and it felt like the air was thicker now that they were here. It was surreally beautiful but also terrifying at the same time.

It felt so much like a dream but at the same time it felt like reality.

I opened my eyes, they were every where but also nowhere.

Nothing else in the small white room where I had been compelled to stay in by the vampire that Malik ordered, was visible anymore, everything was just glowing different shades of white and yellow.

I couldn't see anything or anybody, but I knew they were here. 

"What is it you want?" a voice said. It sounded as if it were in my mind but I could also hear it through my ears. It wasn't just one voice either, it sounded like a thousand whispers from everywhere but also nowhere.

I wanted my mouth to not form any words but I nature was forcing me to stutter the words from my mouth, "Life."

I tear rolled down my cheek, Malik had told me stories of the spirits before now and this was nothing like he had explained. This was terrifying.

The thousands of voices whispered things in what seemed like millions of languages and none of them I could make sense of.

All of the voices spoke to me at the same time and as they spoke, the light in the room got even brighter, "You wish for life?" 

The question was simple but I screamed inside my mind to not answer it but my screams were not listened to, "I wish to carry my soulmates child."

I mentally begged for my voice to die in my throat but it was never going to go my way, not as long as Malik held the keys to my freedom.

"Your soulmate is a vampire, royal vampire ancestory. A father that caused huge pain amongst human kind, why should we allow such a descendant from a violent blood line to be created?" the voices said.

"Because he is not like his father, he is different and I love him for the man he is not for the man his father wished him to become. He has showed my kindness despite prejudice from other people even when I doubted him myself." why was I saying this? I don't mean it!

"Hmm..You are still a virutally a child yourself, why do you wish to have a child even though you have not yet lived through two decades?" the spirits said.

The knew the spirits would ask something like this, Malik just had to have an answer for everything. He left me no room to mess up and that's what made this so much worse, I can't change my fate in anyway at all.

"I am afraid, terrified that I will not get to see the life of my child if I do not have it young enough. A half human half vampire is going to age much slower than a normal human child and I want to see my child reach their teen years before I die." I cried in the fake way that the vampire had compelled me to.

Tears were so easily forming at the rims of my eyes and then spilling over my cheeks, they were real but the reasons behind them weren't real for what the spirits could hear. My tears were Malik's tears but my pain was my own pain, written deep in the bottom of my heart until the day that I die.

"And you do not wish to become a vampire as you will no longer be able to have a child because you were not born a vampire?" the thousands of voices whispered.

"Yes." my shamed voice spoke in a muttered done that was barely audible. 

"You love your soulmate more than you love anything in this world?"

"Yes."

"You would die for your soulmate?"

"I almost have done before."

"Would he do the same for you?"

"He would give up everything to save me."

"Even his blood?" the spirits asked their questions quickly, trying to catch me out but the vampire had forced this information into me beforehand.

"I have drank his blood before." It was no lie, after the blood binding I had, that assholes blood had long since disappeared out of my system.

All of the spirits reacted to this by going back to their foreign languages for a long time.

My heart was filling with rage and I was hoping that they saw through the lies.

It was all just a trick from Malik, make me afraid of the spirits by telling me that they would look through my mind to find the truth and if I were lying then they would kill me. If I were afraid then I would force myself to believe something that I don't but I'm not afraid of them.

I'm afraid of Malik and the way he can manipulate people.

I am afraid that when this is all over and he has ripped me in two with his bargain, that I will no longer be the person I was. I am afraid of not going home but also afraid of going home and never being the person who my mother raised.

No matter what was going to be done to make me forget this, I was always going to have the remenants of it on my body. The stretch marks, the loose stomach...you can't just make a person not forget about those, right?

"We have reached our decison." the spirits said.

Immediately my heart began racing and I hoped that they would say no.

"We will complete your wish." as they spoke, I closed my eyes and the light grew intense behind my eyes.

I woke up in the room where the spirits had been.

The walls were covered with different symbols that I couldn't identify, the room had no furniture in other than an urn where the vampire had forced me to put a drop of blood inside when I entered.

I quickly jumped up off of the floor and ran through the huge door that led to the main part of the church.

Tears fell from my eyes as I was hit with a huge wave of nausea.

I ran straight to Sedrick and he put his arms around me and held me close to him, sheilding me from Malik and the rest of the vampires.

"Stay away, don't you think you've hurt her enough?" Sedrick shouted at the other vampires and Malik.

I burried my face in Sedricks embrace and tried to block out the voices of Malik and the other vampires.

 "I've brought my witch to come and see to your wounds." Malik said to me and I just turned my head away from the direction where he was standing.

"She doesn't need your witch brother." Sedrick spat at him.

"Well I'll leave that for her to decide shall I? Candice, I've got a witch here to come and see to your wounds, I think that you should at least let her make sure that you're okay. After all it's not just you that we have to think about now.." Malik said taking a step closer and offering out his hand for me to take.

I ignored him in a hope that he would just leave me alone. He knew what had gone on inside the room with the spirits and he was trying to act like a good man infront of the other vampires even though he was the complete opposite. 

"Candice, listen to me. You need help, I'll get t-" Malik began but Sedrick cut him off.

"I think you don't get the point, she doesn't want help from you!" he shouted, letting me go so that he could shout at Malik.

I stood and wrapped my arms around myself, feeling lonely and terrorized. Malik only stood ten feet away from me but I savoured the ten feet, that was the closest that he was ever going to get to me without me being able to do anything about it, ever again.

"Brother, I think you should mind your own business. After all, she is my wife not yours, learn your place in the pecking order." Malik shouted back at Sedrick. The vampires that Malik had brought with him as muscle were getting ready to pounce at Sedrick, just as soon as Malik let the signal they would rip him to shreds.

"Brother." Sedrick spat back, "I think you should learn to know when a person hates you!" He closed the distance between him and Malik which Malik ignored and walked straight past him heading for me.

"Stop messing about Candice and let's get home. I've gotten Maddy to make you some dinner for when you get there." he said walking towards me with his arms held out like there was something left between us.

"No." I said in my weak voice.

Malik laughed and walked even closer to me, making the gap between us only five feet.

"Don't come any closer!" I warned.

I was a mess and a very weak one at that, I didn't want to be near him so that he could destroy my life any further but I also didn't want Sedrick to get hurt for me.

"I'm serious!" I said as he continued walking to me. 

"Come on, don't be like that." he said, turning on the charm.

"Stay away from me! I don't need you in my head!" I said and stepped backwards from him, backing up against the now closed doors of the room where the spirits had been.

"Where do you think you can go? I'm all you've got. We have a deal and I want to make sure that my assets are looked after. Now come on, I've waited around for far too long. No more games, you're coming home with me." he said and use vampire speed to appear infront of me, grabbing my arm pulling me.

"Get off!" I said and began attacking him. 

I kicked and punched him, trying to get him to let go of my wrist. The vampires that he'd brought with him came to life and began hissing. One went to pull me off of Malik but was held back by another that saw no threat.

As soon as he released my wrist I stopped and moved as far away from him as I could which made me back into a corner.

I slid down the wall and put my head on my knees.

Malik looked at me, huffed and then moved towards me, lowering himself so that he was crouched down beside me.

He stared at me for several seconds, smiled and then got up and walked away.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I realised that all of the vampires were leaving the room.

"It seems that there's nothing I can do to make her come with me so brother, it's your job to look after her, them, now. Any harm comes to them and well, I won't be so understanding the next time either of you disobey me." Malik said and made to leave but paused on his way out. "I'll be in touch." he said and then left, leaving only me and Sedrick in the room.

I stood up and wraped my arms around Sedrick again and he held me for ages.

He let me cry it all out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195 6 22
spencer, i'll remember how i'd loved you. even after i saw the hate behind your sweet eyes and messy statistics. even after i heard casually cruel wo...
119 1 9
"You're the enemy, so why am I so drawn to you..." "When will you grow up and realise fairytales don't exist, we don't get a happy ending Kyl...
54.1K 1.4K 49
Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never understand, for her life was anything b...
The Disbanders By

Teen Fiction

760 88 31
Candice Buchanan is a lonely, miserable teenager with hopes for a better life for herself. When she runs away from her abusive family to the middle o...