Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality it's not all that bad and wil... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Nintey-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Ninety-Three

1.9K 120 27
By cogdill

Katniss POV-

Peeta laughs and we go back to watching the well-behaved babies playing on the floor.

"How about I go make us some lunch?" Peeta suggests.

I sigh, "That would be great. Make something that they can eat too." I tell him.

I may as well spoil them with a lot of food while I can.

I think I'm going to really miss getting to eat whatever I want within reason and eating a lot of it without having to worry about looking fat or underfed.

"I will." Peeta says, heading into the kitchen.

Carter tries to follow him but I catch her attention.

"You can't be in there while he's cooking, baby." I tell her, getting up and setting her next to Finn again.

I plop down on the floor next to them and start playing with them.

They talk back and forth to each other, they laugh and try talking to me too, even though I haven't a clue what they're saying.

Peeta comes in a while later, "I'll take one baby if you take the other one?"

I laugh, "I'll take Carter and you take Finn." I decide.

Peeta grabs my hands and helps pull me up off the floor, then hands me Carter and takes Finn himself.

"Want to to eat something, kiddo?" Peeta asks Finn.

Carter turns and looks at Peeta and Finn and then at me, pointing to the boys.

"Let's go get some food then!" I laugh at Carter.

She smiles and bounces up and down against my belly.

"Careful." I say as we walk into the kitchen and sit at the table.

Carter sits in my lap the best that she can manage, Willow of course kicking at us.

"Peeta, your child. I swear." I tease him.

He smiles, "I don't think she likes when you put stuff on your tummy. What do you think?"

I laugh, "I think she likes it when you put your hand there but I've noticed anything else, not so much."

"How many plates has she broken?" Peeta teases.

"Two and one cup."

He grins and hands Finn a cheese bun from last nights dinner.

I hand Carter one too.

"You feel anything?" Peeta asks as we eat in somewhat of a silence.

I look up from my plate, "No."

"Okay, just curious."

"I promise that I will tell you if I start feeling any different, okay?"

He nods his head and keeps eating.

"This is fun. I like having two kids and one on the way." Peeta mentions subtly.

I scoff playfully, "Well, you're going to have to wait awhile, buddy boy." I break it to him.

He chuckles, "I would be perfectly happy with just Willow."

"Just like you were perfectly happy with just me." I tease him. 

He grins, "But you have to admit that neither of us knew how much we needed her until you got pregnant." He reminds me.

That is very true.

I'm just teasing him about it all though.

"I know. I'm just giving you a hard time."

"Well, when are you not?" Peeta teases me.

"Fair enough." I say.

Carter looks up at me and babbles something inaudible.

"Yeah, Carter. Tell him there's only room for three babies right now. Maybe when you are all ten." I laugh.

"Not ten." Peeta says.

I grin, "Maybe younger, maybe never." I tease him.

Peeta sighs, "That's fine." He gives me a smirk.

"I love you." I say, gently kicking him from under the table.

"I love you." He smiles this stupid, shit-eating grin that I can't help but to laugh at.

"Why are you so cute, Peeta?" I ask him.

He chuckles, "Why are you so funny?"

"I developed it over the years." I shrug my shoulders and he laughs and then looks at Finn who's playing in Peeta's food and then look at Carter who's playing in mine.

"Really?" I say, scolding them both.

They both look at me and then at Peeta and laugh, clapping their hands and slapping at the food on the plates. They have it in their hair and all over their faces, clothes and hands.

"Aunt Katniss, we just wanted to have some fun!" Peeta says for them.

I smirk at them, "Then your Uncle Peeta is going to be cleaning you both up."

"Auntie Katniss can help me because she thinks she needs some stress to go into labor." Peeta teases me.

I scoff, "But Uncle Peeta needs to prep for baby Willow's first bath."

He smiles, "Could you at least hold one of them while I clean the other up?"

"I might could." I laugh.

He scoots back and holds Finn on his hip, "It's a good thing your Aunt Katniss made your mommy pack some extra clothes, huh?" Peeta laughs as he goes into the living room.

I walk in there a minute later with Carter makeshift walking by holding my hands.

It hurts my back terribly but it's worth it to see how excited she is to be exploring the world on her little legs.

She takes off towards Peeta, wanting to go faster than she can drag me but I try to keep up.

A couple of seconds later, Peeta begins wiping the excess food in Finn's hair out of his hair and off his face and hands, I start on Carter.

"You know I can clean her up." Peeta says as he puts a new diaper on Finn.

"I know but I felt like being nice so I'll help you with Carter." I tell him, stripping her dirty pink onesie off of her.

She tries crawling away when I turn to get a diaper and some wipes to clean her up but Peeta stops her with his leg.

"Go back." Peeta tells her with a laugh and she realizes he's not going to let her through so she grins and turns back to me.

She crawls over and sits on my legs and I start wiping her down.

"I swear if we just keep letting you both do this you're never going to be able to eat without playing in it." I tell them.

"I'm gonna get Finn a bottle and I'll make Carter one too, they'll probably start getting fussy soon if not." Peeta says standing up, Finn in his arms.

I nod my head, "Then it's naptime for all five of us." I tell him and he grins, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Carter, your Uncle Peeta is crazy." I say softly with a laugh.

She giggles and yawns deeply, making me yawn.

"You and Finn want to take a nap with me?" I ask her.

She rubs her eyes and starts crying and that's when I know she's ready for a bottle.

Peeta comes into the kitchen a few seconds later, handing me a warm bottle while he feeds Finn himself.

"I'm ready for a nap." I mention when I see both babies are about half finished with their bottles.

"I can take Finn or Carter unless you just want one of them or both."

"Do you need to go do anything?"

"I could clean the house or something while you guys nap."

I smile shyly, "Okay."

I love that feel I get from having these two cuddled next to me, whether I'm sleeping or not. I just feel so loved and trusted by them, and I know that I will feel the same with Willow by my side soon.

Carter finishes her bottle and burps, then lays her head on my shoulder.

"Will you help me up?" I ask Peeta, holding my hand out.

He stands up and pulls me up and I sit on the couch.

I lay down and Carter lays against my side and the back of the couch, snuggled up to my side. Peeta lays a half asleep Finn in my left arm and he snuggles up to me too, he puts a throw blanket over us all and kisses each of us on the forehead, saving my belly for last.

"I'll just be cleaning up the kitchen or something." He says.

I nod my head and close my eyes.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad, having more than one kid-for now it being Willow and Carter, maybe one day it'll be of just Peeta and I's kids and though I hope it doesn't happen for a long time, it wouldn't be too awful bad.

But I don't tell Peeta this, nor will I for years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 1.3K 30
In what used to be North America, the proud country of Panem now stands. The rulers from the Capitol hold a televised survival competition in which o...
44.4K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...
32.1K 1.4K 29
Katniss Everdeen was always a normal girl. As simple as that. She was smart, but not overly smart. She was pretty, but not overly pretty. She was jus...
248K 12.8K 101
Katniss and Peeta have experienced a lot together. There's been extremely good days and extremely bad days too, but each day they continue to grow to...