This Means War

By CynthiaRayneOfficial

Previously titled Checkmate on Wattpad... #1.5 in 'Playing for Keeps series' Love is a strange thing, even th... More

1| Pack Your Shit Italy Awaits
2| Like Some Geltao With That Leather Jacket
3| The Italian God
4 | Paybacks A Bitch
Nathaniel & Nancy | Bitter Sweet Loneliness
Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla The Feminist And A Misogynist
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wild Animal In 602
Nathaniel & Nancy | Spaghetti Con La Bottarga
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Black Out
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wrap It Up Tom And Jerry
Nathaniel & Nancy | A Hidden Past
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Ugly Truth
Nathaniel & Nancy | Hotel From Hell
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Final Dance

Nathaniel & Nancy | Amateur Mike Tyson And LaChapelle's exhibition

25.5K 986 109
By CynthiaRayneOfficial

Nathaniel & Nancy | Amateur Mike Tyson And LaChapelle's exhibition

"Nothing-"

"Bullshit, it's always something with you two. What did you shower his clothes in itching powder? Shave his head while he was unconscious? Cut nipple wholes in all his shirts?" His mouth formed an O shape and he completely turned to face me. "Did you post nudes of him online?"

I smirked at the mention of a nude Nathaniel, it was an incredible sight indeed...but a private one too. "Nancy Williams! You did!" He stated in an exaggerated tone. I rolled my eyes.

"It's just...a nice day." I smiled, he looked out the window and scoffed.

"Yea, from what angle?"

"Every single one of them." I chirped sinking back into my seat and looking out the window as we drove to the museum. Gabrielle and Enrique had already arrived by the time we got there.

"You look different today signorina." I smiled.

"Really? How?"

"Your face, there's something really relaxed to your aura today." I shrugged.

"It suits you." All I could think was, yeah he does.

"Unfortunately we'll have to smash up the marble and concrete, re-do all the north wing plumbing." Gabrielle informed us, having come back from the flooded portion of the museum. We all nodded.

"Will the deadline be pushed?" She shook her head.

"A hand full of men can work on that area, the rest can continue around it. It shouldn't affect the deadline at all, if we're running behind I'll add another team to it." We all agreed and I noted everything down. Gabrielle gave me a rough draft of the finances and I slipped it into my bag.

"Okay...so I've got to do something, are we all good here?" I asked glancing at my phone for possibly the hundredth time. I frowned not having received even a single message from Nathaniel. I desperately wanted to get back so that we could talk, after last night things had changed...this was now unfamiliar territory. I had no clue where we stood, what were we now?

"Why in such a rush Nance? Any YouTube uploading to do?" Daniel raised an eyebrow while folding his arms over his chest.

"No...I have something important to do."

"Tell me what it is and you may leave."

"Uh...it's personal." I mumbled slightly irritated that Daniel chose this particular day and moment to become a tool.

"I too have to leave. I'm meeting my father for brunch. I'll be out of the country for a few months but I shall see you in two months Signorina Williams." I nodded and we both said goodbye to Enrique as he left.

"Okay, now spill! One, what are you up to? And two, will it result in my burning an Amani suit and a pair of Italian leather dress shoes?" I smiled at the memory.

"Twenty two million hits as of yesterday." I smirked triumphantly. "I'd say my Godzilla makeover takes a back seat to that with its measly fifteen million." He groaned. "Now may I leave, or should I make a few vines from the footage I collected-"

"Fine, Christ almighty. Can't believe I'm getting screwed over so badly, without even actually getting screwed!" I gestured to the car and allowed him to lead the way. "What's happening in two months?"

"Huh?"

"Two months. Enrique said he'd see you in two months."

"Oh. Yeah there's an art exhibition-"

"So that's what Nathaniel was talking about."

"Nathaniel?" He nodded.

"Yeah he said we should all check it out, he bought the tickets too." I smiled. "I'll keep in contact from New York.

"New York?"

"Yeah, board meeting." He groaned. He thought about something for a few seconds and then smiled. "Have you spoken to Charlie lately?" I shook my head pouting a little. We hadn't talked in a while, it wasn't like her to not send an email every now and then. It wasn't in her nature to not check up on us. "Neither..." He furrowed his brows with concern. "I hope she's okay..." I wanted to analyse the emotions I'd just seen cross Daniel's face but he'd already made it down the stairs and slid into the car.

"When are you leaving?"

"Huh? Oh, tonight." Scooting forward in my seat I looked over his shoulder. He was flicking through his photographs, several of Charlotte and Adrian with Charlie and him...that was fine. Then came the endless collection of photographs starring Charlie. I watched in confusion as the brightest smile graced his lips. What the fuck was this? Sliding back I debated the chances of Daniel being in love with Charlie, it sounded ridiculous. She was married to his cousin for Pete's sake! On the other hand, of course he loved her. She was a good friend and they were now practically family, so maybe he just missed her. Convincing myself of this I tried to push that messy thought out of my head.

"Uh, tell Charlie and Aaron hi from me." I quickly mumbled hurrying out of the town car.

"Nancy!" He called out of the window, looking over my shoulder I stopped. "Don't kill each other. Tom and Jerry should take a hiatus while I'm in New York, preferably for the rest of eternity." Chuckling I nodded, waving him off I practically bolted to the elevator. Catching my breath once I was inside I straightened my hair and took a deep breath. I still didn't know what I'd say or even how the conversation would start.

Inhaling and exhaling several times I stood in front of his door...stalling. "Okay, you just say good morning. How are you feeling? Me, oh I'm fine...better than fine. Bloody hell, I'm standing in a hall speaking to myself." I groaned. "That's it, just go in already!" Slipping the key card into his door I pushed it open. I noticed the untouched glass of coke and chocolates, my note also hadn't been moved.

I looked to the bed expecting him to still be asleep, when I found the bed empty I got a little nervous. The entire hotel room was quiet, knocking on the bathroom door I entered to find that too was empty. Whipping out my phone I dialled his number, it went straight to voice mail. Texting him I frowned. I returned to my room hoping he'd be there, when he wasn't I was more disappointed than earlier. Where was he?

I waited for hours, checking the hall every five minutes like a bloody lunatic. Falling back into my bed I debated calling Daniel or maybe the police. My mind had begun to create horrific situations in which Nathaniel maybe injured, I was uneasy and worried. Sighing I sat back up and moved to check the hall yet again. "Nate-" his door had already slammed shut before I could make it out of my room. Moving back into my room I quickly grabbed my key card, rushing back to his door I knocked. There was no reply. I knocked again and again.

Had I imagined it? The door clicked open, holding it a jar Nathaniel stood at the threshold. I smiled instantly, he was alright. "Hey..." I breathed. He didn't look at me, his jaw was firmly clenched. "Are you okay-" I lifted the back of my hand to his forehead and he flinched away from my touch.

"Can I help you with something important or are you as usual just wasting my time?" He barked, my entire world collapsed around me. This wasn't happening...no...not after we...god no! Scoffing he slammed the door shut. Pressing a hand over my stomach I sank to my knees. My chest rose and fell painfully, I'd say that I was having a panic attack...but the pain was only in my heart. My eyes fogged with thick layers of tears, slapping my hand over my mouth I bolted into my room. He didn't remember...what we did, he...please no! The room was spinning and my head began to throb, I felt sick. Even if death came to claim me in that moment I was sure I wouldn't fight it.

Everything was over for me. If even after having slept with me, Nathaniel still didn't feel anything but hate for me...then it was all over, there was nothing between us...there never would be.

***
"Mr Hughes asked for you to look over these." I managed a half smile for Gabrielle, She owned one of the largest construction companies in Italy and here she was being downgraded to an errand boy...girl, women! I took the files and placed them beside my laptop. "Is everything alright Nancy?"

I looked up at Nathaniel speaking to one of the construction workers and shook my head. It was a miracle I'd managed to drag my depressed ass out of bed every morning for the past two months. Nathaniel had been colder than ever, he barely acknowledged my existence. Daniel wasn't answering his phone so we no longer had a mediator or middle man. Gabrielle was trying not to meddle but ultimately our relationship with her was professional, the way we'd blurred those lines was basically asking for it...a recipe for disaster. No, that would be you sleeping with a man that loathes you at a cellular level.

I inwardly winced at the memory. Both my mind and heart were still trying to recover from the events that transpired between us. Those twenty four hours were the very definition of, heartbreak hotel. I still couldn't comprehend how the happiest moment of my life could serve as such a constant reminder of such an unbearable pain.

"Nancy, talk to him." Pulling me into a hug she looked down at her watch and collected her things. "I have to go now but I'll be by to check the progress next week." I nodded. The second she left one of the construction workers awkwardly shuffled over to me.

"Uh...Signorina, Signore Hughes said that you may take the town car...first." Closing my eyes I sighed. Even being in the same car was now unbearable for him, he hated me that much. Packing my things I left before my eyelids gave way and the warm liquid that had now become my new best friend began to stream down my cheeks. Sniffling I almost ran down the stairs. My body went slamming into a much larger, more solid body. His mouth twisted into a smug smile, staggering back I looked up at the contractor who'd gotten out of hand when construction began.

Stepping around him I continued down the stairs, catching my wrist in his rougher grip he jerked me back with an easy yank. Holding the back of my hand against his lips he pressed a wet kiss against my skin. I cringed, trying desperately to free myself from his grip. "Let go." I ordered.

"Venuto sul bambino...you know you want this." He scanned my body and I shivered from the filthy thoughts quickly filling his mind. "You're a real tease bambino...always wearing these pretty little dresses..." His eyes darkened with a terrifying hunger. My eyes widened when he pulled me against his body, dropping his head he lowered his lips to mine. Using my free hand I pushed his face back. He tightened his grip on my wrist, snaking his free arm around my waist he thrusted his lower body against mine.

I winced twisting my wrist in his grip. I kept my head turned towards the street, his foul breath warmed my palm and I fought to keep his face back. "Please..." I pleaded with him, "Let me go." Tears began to burn at my eyes. His grip released me abruptly and I staggered back. Flipping to face him I watched as he clutched his head, lifting my gaze higher I saw Nathaniel with a firm grip on his hair.

I was surprised his neck didn't snap from the force with which Nathaniel tugged his head back. "Merda!" He hissed, Nathaniel's jaw clicked. Releasing his hair he fisted the material of his shirt, driving him down the stairs rapidly he slammed the bastards back against the side of the town car. Gasping my hands flew to cover my mouth.

"I fucking warned you!" He barked lifting the guy's body off the car and slamming it back against the metal twice as hard. Ripping one of his hands from the material of the guy's shirt he balled it into a fist at his ear. In half a second the guy's head was jerking to the side as Nathaniel's fist came crashing down against his jaw. Drawing his fist back he threw it forward and the guy groaned.

The next three punches were rapid, his elbow spiking high into the air for maximum impact. The guy winced in pain as he struggled against Nathaniel's hold. "I fucking warned you!" He barked, pounding his fist into the guy's bloodied, swollen features. Racing down the stairs I gripped Nathaniel's arm before he could drive another powerful punch into the barely conscious man's face.

"Stop..." I whispered. He released the guy and I watched as his limp body slid down against the town car. He was out cold within a few seconds of his decent. Throwing my arms around his middle I buried my face against his heaving chest. His tense body softened, he pressed a hand to the space between my shoulder blades.

"Signorina Williams?" Pulling away I turned to find Enrique watching both me and Nathaniel with concern. He looked from us to the unconscious guy on the ground. "Stai bene? Are you alright?" Nodding I wiped my damp cheeks. Enrique called the police and Nathaniel had some explaining to do, understanding the situation they let him off with a warning. "Venire. I'll bring you back to the hotel."

I wanted to speak with Nathaniel. I needed to know why he lost control like that and if he hated me so much then why save me? Before I could decline Enrique's offer Nathaniel had slid into the town car and driven off. Nodding I followed Enrique to his car. I offered Eduardo a smile, tipping his hat slightly he replied politely. Dropping me off Enrique reminded me about the art viewing, it had in all honesty slipped my mind completely. "I'll pick you up at say...seven Signorina." I nodded.

"Thank you, for dropping me off."

***
The exhibition was truly beautiful, if I wasn't in such a dark place I would have enjoyed it. I loved art, oil canvases were my favourite, there was just something so classical about them. But this exhibition was brilliant too. It had a more relaxed and free vibe, the art works were less restricted and disciplined. We were at David LaChapelle's exhibition. It was called Dopo il diluvio, the English translation being; after the flood. The location was Palazzo delle Esposizione Rome.

Enrique had given me a bit of background information on the brilliant American photographer and artist. The brochure did the rest. LaChapelle had returned to Palazzo delle Esposizione after fifteen years. He brought with himself a show to be admired with over one hundred and fifty works on display. I'd barley gotten around to twenty within the last hour. The place was packed, it had also been fifteen years since his last work so that was expected.

There were; portraits of celebrities, references to famous works of art, religious scenes, movies and much more. I sensed his presence behind me before I noticed his reflection against the metallic frame in front of us. I still couldn't understand why Nathaniel had come to this exhibition, like me he loved the classics. He wasn't too into photograph either.

"I don't get it." He stated looking at the piece before us. I turned to face him as he continued to look past me at the work.

"Its art, you don't have to get it to admire it."

"What..." He breathed, his attention suddenly drifting to me.

"Nothing. I'm more into classics anyway." I turned back around, all I wanted to do was just scream why'd you sleep with me? To him. Holding my tongue I prayed he'd just leave.

"Why do you like the classics Nancy?" He paused and I felt him step closer, his warm breath fanning the side of my face and my shoulder. "Why?" Sighing I answered.

"I like the storyline. Every piece has so much character that it's almost like I'm watching a story play out before me."

"What type of art do you like?" Clasping my upper arm he tuned me to face him. "What style or form is your favourite."

"Oil canvases!" I snapped. "Why are you all of a sudden speaking to me? Why these pointless questions? Why did you sleep with me Nathaniel?!" My raised voice drew attention, closing my eyes I turned to leave. Tired of this mundane questions I left him standing there staring at the floor. He didn't even have an answer for me...Was I just another fuck? Was that night his next prank...payback?

Speed walking outside I met Enrique just as he was finishing up with his call. Tossing his phone he shoved his hands through his hair. I gasped and he flipped to face me. "Signorina Williams, is everything alright?" He asked studying my features, rubbing my temple I shook my head.

"I'm...not feeling well. I think I'll just return to the hotel, but don't let me ruin tonight for you. Please enjoy the exhibition-"

"Bella, it's no trouble. I'll have Eduardo drive you, please." He gestured towards his car. Lacking both the energy and sanity to argue I nodded. He held the door open for me, before I could climb in he clasped me above the elbow and held me in place. We just stood there for a few seconds, in complete silence. I guess a part of me had guessed what he was about to do...that same part of me didn't stop him.

It could have been the years of rejection I'd faced, loving a man that will never love me or the fact that I was hurting like never before. But I let Enrique kiss me. The funny thing was I knew he wasn't doing it because he loved me or simply couldn't control himself, it was more like he was trying to prove something. The kiss was nice; because let's face it, how could it not be. Enrique was beautiful and sexy, everything about the man screamed animal in bed and yet it still lacked so much.

His lips were soft but not like Nathaniel's, they tasted sweet but not as intoxicating as Nathaniel's. His kiss was strong but our lips moved awkwardly against one another. With Nathaniel, my body just knew how to react...fitting with him was like second nature to me. My eyes teared as he cupped the base of my neck and deepened the kiss.

My eyes burst open as I felt the sudden absence of Enrique's lips. Nathaniel's fist connected with Enrique's face before I could even release the breath I'd at some point withheld. Enrique's jaw clenched, as did his hands at his side. I'd never seen this side of the man, there was a terrifying rage in his eyes. I'd only then noticed what I'd missed on account of my own depression. Enrique seemed different, on edge. As though his going overseas had flicked some kind of switch. The charm was still very much there, I'd even go as far as to say excessively there. However now there was more, something he'd hid well with his well mannered exterior...something darker.

The man was already the mother of all mysteries, unreadable in fact. The loneliness he lived in seemed worse than even mine, but tonight I saw a dangerous anger in him. I'd felt the pain in his kiss...now I could see it leaking from his every feature. I'd have analysed it further if he hadn't lifted a fisted hand while gripping Nathaniel's collar. My body jolted into action, sliding in between them I pressed my body against Nathaniel's. Enrique's fist stopped within inches of me. "Please..." I begged. Regardless of what he'd done to me, I still couldn't bear to see him in pain.

"Mi scusi." He ran a hand through his hair looking at us horrified with...I think himself. "Excuse me." He mumbled. Climbing into the back of his car he disappeared. Flipping I shoved against Nathaniel's chest with all my might.

"What is the fucking matter with you?!" Clenching his jaw he glared at me, lifting my hands to his chest I shoved him again. His much larger body jerking back slightly. "Why are you doing this?! Why save me earlier?! Why stop me from kissing Enrique?! What do you want dam it?!" I screamed till my throat felt raw, shoving him harder and harder between each question. I lifted my hands again, catching my wrists before I could push him he pulled me flush against his body, pining my hands to the small of my back he tightened his grip. My breath hitched and I despised the fact that my body practically shivered with appreciation when pressed to his.

"Stop." He grated the word out like a curse word. "Just. Stop." He ordered. Breaking out of his grip I stormed off towards the town car. Slipping into the back I slammed the door shut. Right now I didn't give a flying fuck how he was getting to the hotel. Either he had a real anger management problem or he was hell bent on ruining my life. I already knew that tomorrow would wether a fresh storm of problems, I had no clue how we were going to deal with Nathaniel punching Enrique.

He wasn't just a client, he was a public freaking figure. Being from a political family was no joke, if even a single image of Nathaniel's little outburst made it to the tabloids it would mean a shit load of damage control and the end of his contract with Quinn industries. Sighing I sank further into my seat...It was time to call Charlie.

***
I was dreading this conversation with every fibre of my body. I silently cursed Daniel for just dropping off the face of the planet for the last two months. No calls, emails, smoke signals...nothing. If I had time I'd ponder where he disappeared to so suddenly and why. Right now however, I had to deal with the small matter of informing Charlie that we may lose the Amorosi project because Nathaniel decided to become Mike Tyson for a day.

Throwing back the tiny bottle of vodka I'd taken from the mini fridge I began to pace the room. Dialling Charlie's number I sucked in several deep breaths, releasing them painfully. "Calm down Nancy...fuck, she's going to kill then skewer us both." I muttered to myself. Each ring echoing through my ear and rattling about in my head.

I froze when Charlie's voice chirped through the speaker, she excitedly screamed my name. My heart instantly sank and my stomach began to churn. "Hi Charlie...before you ask, let me just tell you that a lot has changed since our last conversation. Nathaniel and I...let's just say the web we were already in is now wrapped within a cocoon. Daniel isn't here...he hasn't been for two months. We would have called but, handling the project and everything else...never mind that. There's a huge problem, well I don't know if it is yet. Nathaniel punched Enrique!" I blurted.

I began to pace nervously, the hotel room seeming too small for the mini marathon I was having. She snapped forcing me to jump. "He...he punched Enrique." Tears began to stream down my cheek as I sobbed into the phone, sniffling and repeatedly apologising. I gasped when she snapped again, "he kissed me and Nathaniel punched him...we were at the art exhibit...exhibition and then... then he just-came out of nowhere....I asked he didn't answer, we were looking at art, he was taking me home and Nathaniel was just inside and then Enrique was kissing me... I don't even know Charlie...he just pulled him back and punched him, Enrique would have hit him...I got in the way and he left without another word-"

She shouted my name forcing me to still. I sank to the edge of the bed and gripped the phone tighter. "I'm sorry Charlie..." I whispered sniffling and frantically wiping at my cheeks. I heard her sigh and felt ten times worse. Charlie had trusted us with this project, we had let her down. My eyes widened when she informed me that she'd be on the next flight to Italy. I bound up, standing both straighter and stiffer than an aluminium pole. This was bad...really, really freaking bad!

Storming out of my room and across the hall I pounded down on Nathaniel's door. "You better fucking open this door right now Nate or I swear to god I'll chuck a bloody fit out here!" Using the side of both my fisted hands I drummed against his door, it flew open and I stumbled forward.

"What the fuck-" before he could finish I'd already lunged for him and tackled him to the floor. Charlie would have both our asses but I'd be fucked if I didn't make him pay first. This was all his fault! Straddling his waist I fisted his perfect strands of hair before tugging like a maniac he barked a hundred and one curses while trying to pry my firm grip off himself.

He was going to fucking pay...

__________________________

Hey lovelies,

Ill be posting the next chapter of New Orleans on Wattpad for free when the crew hits 1000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel (Cynthia Rayne Official) and Facebook Page (@OfficialCynthiaRayne) ;) what are you waiting for, head over and check it out...

https://youtu.be/eAtjS_i1TCw
Let's get the crew to 1000 subscribers <3

To top it off I will be reposting You Are My Addiction in full to celebrate hitting the thousands on YouTube...free copy of the final instalment is only one click away ;)

Don't forget to put in requests for what kind of content you all would like to see.

Cheers
Cynthia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 5.9K 80
*editing* "𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞...
892 205 32
[COMPLETED] -------------------- "Devlin, i am someone's fiancee and soon to be married. I appreciate your feelings, i really do, but i love my man...
39.2K 1K 54
"You have to tell me everything," he said and released my hand. Stupid man, he did that on purpose. "You have no power over me. I don't owe you shit...
107K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...