Under A Dark Cloud

Da Else_Milch

After finally gaining her freedom, Keira is set off to live on her own out in the open world. Until one night... Altro

Under a Dark Cloud
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Is it too late to say sorry?
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
~*Bonus Chapter*~
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not an update but still important
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Mini A/N
Chapter 37
Sorry XP
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Just another A/N again ( O 3 O )
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bad news for you
Just A News
....
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
=_=

Chapter 45

22.6K 481 51
Da Else_Milch

You guys won me over. Fine, I'll finish this story and start with the editing the parts that's not mine and then start with Damanico's story, ok? Let's get this story back on track again!  :)

~~~~

Third person's Pov :

" Is everything moving smoothly today for tomorrow? " Cloud barked out.

Everyone in the room nodded in silence. It wasn't their first time to see Cloud this looking serious since this is a meeting but today, this was their first time to see Cloud this too serious. Even when the times when he gave off that somewhat cold and harsh demanding aura and tone, everyone would still be at ease and comfortable since they're used to it but now, it feels like they're on the edge of their seats as if he was going to kill them if there was a single or small mistake.

Jose turned to look at Damanico to ask what happened to Cloud but Damanico could only shook his head with a disapproving smile and continued looking at Cloud even if his glare could actually make the other bosses cower in fear or be on the edge of their seats.

Axcel frowned at Cloud when she had heard of his wife's disappearance and the time after using the bathroom, she had seen him ordered his men to take Luca and her family away but she spoke of nothing as she watched him in sympathy.

Antonio could only do nothing but look at his grandson. He was the only person who wasn't afraid of Cloud nor cower in his cool and deadly gaze. He knew this because he was like that too. But he knew that it was just a facade. Antonio could see that inside of him, just somewhere deep inside him, Cloud is depressed and was greatly affected when his wife was kidnapped. He knew the feeling too because he experienced it before when he was madly in love with Cloud's grandmother.

" Well? Any problems or questions with the plan to attack the Afritelli Familia? " Cloud asked in his tone.

None. Everyone was silent until someone opened his mouth and slowly spoke out the words but he was stuttering terribly.

" Signore Valentino. H-How's your wife? Is s-she doing well? "

Everyone stared at the man in a fearful expression and some gave him a sympathetic expression as if he was going to die soon. The man was unaware of what he said because he haven't heard the news yet of Keira's kidnapping as he looked at them as they keep on giving him the look that he wasn't supposed to ask that kind of question right now.

Suddenly, Cloud started to laugh a humorless laugh, causing everyone to stare at him with wide eyes, afraid of what he will do or say next.

" Her? She should be fine with them. Anyways, She is nothing to me and that child of mine she's carrying. I could just find another wife and have another child with her. "

That was when Axcel could no longer feel sympathy to him as anger replaced it. The moment she had heard him say that Keira and his child was meaningless to him, She felt like that glaze of his could no longer work on her.

" Are you she is meaningless and nothing to you? Well, From what I heard, you were depressed that she was gone and rumors says that you cheated on her with that suka. "

Now, All the stares where on Axcel  when she said those words but she didn't mind them as she looked at Cloud with such anger in her eyes. She had now understood why Luca was pissed and disappointed at her own brother.

" This meeting is over. Leave now, " was the only words Cloud replied.

" Is it true then? It was your fault that she got kidnapped- "

" Yes, fine! It was all my f-cking fault she was kidnapped. It was my fault for being so stupid into thinking that she was cheating on me with another man. It was my fault for not trusting and asking her who he is. It was my fault for not being completely honest with her! But in a thousand years, I will not cheat on her for any other woman!

Not once or ever will I cheat on her because I damn f-cking love her that much and I care for her and our child! I feel so f-king blessed to have met and have her as my wife and now, she's gone! Are you happy now?! Now get out! We are done with this meeting. "

A large chunk of Cloud's facade broke off and shattered after saying that but he kept on with the rest of it. He didn't want to show how much that question and the truth affected him so much to the point where he lies to himself that he doesnt care at all when he did care. Even if he was a Mafia boss, He's still a human too.

Every second in his life, He would wonder how they are. Every minute goes by, He would wonder if they are still safe and unharmed. Every hour passed by, He would worry and ask if they are still alive and when every day ends, Everything would start eating him alive as negativity swallows him during nightfall, in his vulnerable state and silent solitude.

Everyone had kept quiet after Cloud's sudden outburst and every thing fell into silence. They knew that their boss is dealing with powerful emotions and tried to fight them back to remain as he is before. But they knew that the Mafia world is very cruel place and would've done the same thing as Cloud did if their beloved ones got stolen or kidnapped.

The only thing other bosses could give their leader is the silence he need for him to gain solitude and calm down.

~~~~

Somewhere or time in the late night, Keira had woken up immediately when there was a huge boom filled in and echoed in her prison cell walls, accompanied by a series of small tremors.

Her hands immediately shot to her belly to protect it and slowly went out of the bed, only for the door to quickly opened. Keira flinched and looked at the person.

It was only Santiago but he looked slightly nervous and a bit shaken up. Without giving me a chance to ask what was that explosion about, He immediately grabbed me in the wrist and pulled me, not too forceful enough to hurt me.

He stopped and looked out a bit in the open door and saw a couple of armed men with guns shouting something in Italian and running off somewhere. Thankfully, They didn't notice the open door in the other hallway.

Santiago then moved out, bringing Keira with him but they walked in a good pace since Keira can't have much movement or any rigorous exercise and He wouldn't even dare carry her because he wouldn't risk any chances of her or the child in her womb getting hurt or serious injured.

They passed around certain and narrow hallways, pausing sometimes for Santiago to check if it's all clear to pass.

They stopped for a bit as they took a moment to catch a breath. Santiago looked at Keira but then turn away to hear sounds of footsteps marching getting louder and louder.

" Cazzo, " Santiago cursed under his breath as he looked at Keira to see her looking at him back. He looked at the hallway to see shadows getting bigger and bigger and turned to look at Keira. He gave a deep exhale and clicked his tongue.

" Señorita, I do hope you trust me in this, " Santiago whispered.

" Trust you in what- "

Santiago's head dipped in closer as if to kiss her as Keira's eyes widened and was about to push him away until Santiago stopped her.

" Señorita, Just trust me on this. I am not going to kiss you but I am going to trick them into thinking that I'm kissing you. Just tilt your head sideways a bit and let me do the rest. "

Keira looked at him and hesitated a bit before nodding in agreement and tilted her head a bit to the side. Then, Santiago took off one side of his jacket and let it hang loose on the other side. He placed an arm above her head with the jacket falling into place like a curtain to conceal his and Keira's face and cover some part of her bulging stomach, only revealing 1/4 of it.

In that position, The armed men are in view and started to march past them. Some whistled and cheered on while others make kissing sounds then laughed as they passed by. Keira just looked at Santiago as He took a small peek to see if they completely passed.

Most of the men left already except for one, who was looking at them closely. Santiago didn't make a move but looked at Keira and mouthed to her that she should moan. Keira was surprised but then did as what she told. She made a fake moan that is sure enough to fool someone into thinking that they are making out and Santiago added in a fake grunt and dipped a little closer until their faces are just a few centimeters away.

The armed man scoffed and wrinkled his nose at the public display of affection here even though there had been a bomb that erupted inside.

He spoke out in Italian loudly,

" Hey you. Stop kissing your woman already. You'll have time to do that after we figure out who placed the bomb inside. And for the record, You're a careless rascal. Look at what you have done to your sl□t. You made her pregnant. It's not my problem though. "

Sensing that they're too busy making out, the man left with a tsk and muttered under his breath about how the world is unfair when it comes to getting girls.

Making sure that he was gone, Santiago checked and saw that the soldier had left already. He sighed and removed himself off Keira, who was slightly blushing.

Santiago smirked and then nodded to Keira that it's time to go. As they went through the hallways and different routes until they stopped infront of a metal door. Santiago then took off his jacket and gave it to her.

" You need these since once we get outside,You'd be asking where the heck we are and where we are is damn f*cking cold and you need these as well since barefoot won't cut it. "

Keira looked down and just realized that she had no shoes nor slippers on. Santiago bent over while standing and took off his shoes and gave it to her. Keira then wore the jacket but paused about taking Santiago's shoes. She saw that he only had socks on. Santiago looked at her then the direction she was looking at.

" You don't believe it but these socks are just fine and sturdy as any athletic shoes. If you're thinking about me getting cold with just a shirt on, you won't believe this as well but this shirt is a bit like a warm sweater during cold weather but in hot weather, this shirt turns me cool.Custom made in my personal request, y'know. "

Keira only nodded and wore the shoes despite that it was too big for her but she didn't mind it. The moment Santiago opened the huge metal door, gusts of cold air and flakes of snow went in and blew on their faces, giving them the chills.

Keira's eyes

Keira and Santiago immediately went to the where Santiago's shipment truck will head to the docks to put in the last supplies. They were getting closer to the truck until someone stepped in their way and pointed a gun at them.

" I knew you were a traitor from the moment your brother had become one. Like brother to brother. Too bad you have to die like him as well- "

Santiago immediately tackled him to the ground and knocked out the gun out of the man's hand during the impact.

" This is why... I don't... talk and get the action done! "

Santiago punched the man's face hard and quickly turned to Keira. As he turned to her and help her get in the truck, the man grunted as he took in the scene of Santiago helping Keira up and immediately grabbed the gun beside him.

He aimed but missed as it flew past Keira's ankle but hit the truck's tire as it started to leak out air.

" Shit! You scumbag! This is what you get when you talk shit to my younger brother! Assholes like you deserves to die! " Santiago cursed as he repeatedly punched the man's face until it was badly bruised and was sure that the man is unconscious.

Keira just watched there as Santiago punched that man mercilessly infront of her. She stood there frozen and unable to move as she looked at Santiago in fear.

Santiago huffed out and looked at her before realizing that she was right there and looked at her with  wide eyes. He took a step towards her as she took a step back.

" Señorita, please understand. I- "

There were shouts and Santiago saw someone point at him. He clenched his jaw and got his second gun hidden in his waist out and shot the man, calling for more attention as a bunch of people started to head this way.

He then turned to Keira and yelled,

" What are you standing there for? Run back to your cell! Just go back! You will be safer there and pretend that nothing happened here! Don't worry about me! I'll come back to help you! Just go! "

When Keira didn't move, Santiago frowned even more and shot the ground close to her feet, making Keira flinch and run back to where they went.

With Keira gone back to her cell, The enemies are there infront of Santiago and aiming their guns at him. Santiago smirked and opened a small can of smoke to use this as an opportunity to run.

The armed men with rifles coughed out and saw Santiago running away with such speed and chased him until eventually, Santiago came in a dead end : a very high cliff.

He cursed and looked down to see the death threatening height. Footsteps were heard and Santiago turned to see the soldiers aiming their guns at him.

Instead of cowering, He grinned at them and spoke out,

" Go ahead. Shoot me. I bet you don't have the balls to kill me. "

One of the men smirked and replied back,

" With pleasure. "

Bang!

Santiago's body fell backwards because of the gun shot and plummeted down the cliff. They immediately went there to check to see if he's alive but they couldn't see well because of the thick fog.

" Let's go. There's no way he could've survived that fall and even if he did, with that injury, He'd die of hypothermia. Let's go. We have bigger fish to fry tomorrow anyways. "

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

91 2 13
When Abbie leaves home at twenty she doesn't know that her life will change in a way she never expected. Follow Abbie's journey of love, pain, and j...
44.6K 969 21
She was happy. She had a normal family, life and well everything. Until one night everything changed.
248 36 18
Imisi's life is disrupted the day she mistakenly finds out about the BIG SECRET she runs but her freedom is once again lost. She resigns to her fate...