Of Immortals and Men | COMPLE...

Da _Sirius

A tragic love story, about a werewolf who lost everything and a girl with no place amongst the humans, set in... Altro

Introduction to My World of Immortals
Prologue The Black Night
Chapter 1 The Legend of the Wolf
Chapter 2 Unbound
Chapter 3 A Cry for Pride
Chapter 4 Escape
Chapter 5 Under the Night Sky
Chapter 6 Tragic Pasts
Chapter 7 The Stirring
Chapter 8 Alpha
Chapter 9 To Be Human
Chapter 10 Big Brother's Watching
Chapter 11 Remnants
Chapter 12 My Sanctuary
Chapter 13 A Game of Chess; Dance of the Wild Melody part 1
Chapter 14 The Queen's Capture; Dance of the Wild Melody part 2
Chapter 15 Checkmate; Dance of the Wild Melody Final
Chapter 16 Revelations
Chapter 17 Blackbirds
Chapter 18 The Rarest Thing in the World
Chapter 19 Redemption of the Emancipated
Chapter 20 Without You I Would Be Nothing
Chapter 21 In Between
Chapter 22 So Long...
Chapter 23 And It All Goes On
Chapter 24 Goodbye and Hello
Chapter 25 Conviviality
Chapter 26 What's My Age Again?
Chapter 27 Alone Together
Chapter 28 The Rising Tide
Chapter 29 Feel Alive
Chapter 30 Don't Let Her Go
Chapter 31 She Lives in a Fairy-tale; They were Goddesses part 1
Chapter 32 She Lost Herself; They were Goddesses part 2
Chapter 33 The Choices She Made; They were Goddesses part 3
Chapter 34 A Goddess's Resolve; They were Goddesses part 4
Chapter 35 Never Let Me Go; They were Goddesses Final
Chapter 36 Fade into Darkness
Chapter 37 A Clouded Mind
Chapter 38 That's How the Story Goes
Chapter 39 St. Peter's List
Chapter 40 Pain Demands to be Felt
Chapter 41 He's just a Student
Chapter 42 Lost Innocence
Chapter 43 The Pact and the Prejudiced
Chapter 44 By Your Side
Chapter 45 Love and War
Chapter 46 Decisions
Chapter 47 A Million Tears
Chapter 48 Hearts that Hurt
Chapter 49 Screams that Sound the Same
Chapter 50 Stay With Me
Chapter 51 Graduation
Chapter 52 Like a Paper Cut (part 1)
Chapter 53 Red Thread, Paper Cut (part 2)
Chapter 54 The Echo of Power
Chapter 56 Immortals; The Second Black Night part 2
Chapter 57 The Burning of a Thousand Miles; The Second Black Night part 3
Chapter 58 Invincible; The Second Black Night part 4
Chapter 59 A Fire in a Lonely Town; The Second Black Night Final
Chapter 60 Resolve
Chapter 61 The New Divide
Epilogue Life's Like This

Chapter 55 They of the Storm; The Second Black Night part 1

116 9 0
Da _Sirius

Chapter 55

They of the Storm

         ~The Second Black Night part 1~

"I am a stranger; I am an alien. Are you really gonna love me when I'm gone?"

~Of Monsters and Men~

It was burning, deep within her. Mia felt it biting—tearing the inside walls of her heart as the vital organ smashed itself against her rib-cage. She experienced many things this past year, unbearable losses and sensations that could cripple any normal sane person.

But this one...

It surpassed everything she was forced to endure. The emotion bubbled from within her, causing her mind to go numb and her heart to lose control. It destroyed everything she made herself to be—everything she fought so hard to create.

Her flight was hasty, speeding past the city streets and into the forest where she first met Exsavior. The trees were destroyed, the land was ravaged and all that once was life was now dead.

Mia's hand grabbed at her chest; it was like something of an enormous size was emerging from within her, as if it couldn't fit. So it crushed her insides, fighting its way to the surface and making it difficult for her lungs to achieve their goal.

The ruined building came into view, and for a second, the captain believed her eyes would fail her. She didn't know if it was normal for an angel to have a nauseating wave drain her of her energies, but it went by so fast the moment she burst through those doors.

Mia couldn't hear anything or anyone, even when her eyes found Isabel and David sitting on the floor, or what was left of it, the darkness hugging their bodies as their only means for comfort.

Isabel stood, her eyes lavished in worry and remorse, as she parted her lips. They spoke something, but Mia's daze overpowered her ears.

The angel ignored whatever she said, and found a battered door that used to connect Margery's room with the rest of the home. Her stride took her to the room, and she opened the door.

Nothing could have prepared her for what she saw.

Exsavior was laid on a bed, completely naked but covered with bandages and a bloodied blanket. He looked so pale, so defeated.

Then, with no warning, Mia cried.

Her green irises flashed with waterfalls of tears as she made her way to him. But someone stopped her; Jasmine put herself between them.

"Don't agitate him. He is in critical condition." Her words shot through her mind like a bullet.

"How dare you!" Mia said to her in anger. Her tearful eyes thundering in the she-wolf's direction.

Jasmine gave Mia the same look, her eyes were as exhausted as the angel's, possibly more.

"I get you want to see him, but he needs to rest. If anything disturbs that, he may not heal. He may die," Jasmine spoke with so much demand. She would not let the angel near him.

Mia tried to formulate words, her mind raging with blind anger, but nothing would surface.

"Mia...," then a soft scared voice came from behind her. Isabel grazed her arm, making the angel turn to her best friend.

Her blue eyes were tired. It was not just her who was suffering for Exsavior.

They all were...

She wanted to stay angry; she wanted to remain defiant, but when she realized this, her sobs crumbled her demeanor.

"I was with him...what happened?" she cried and Isabel hugged her friend.

David watched from afar, analyzing how fatigued Jasmine was. She was using all of her powers to heal Exsavior—to save his life. Isabel and Mia comforted each other, and they left the building to go outside.

Possibly for the best.

'Hey man, it's good to see your face around the house. How are you holding up?'

He remembered that talk they had, back when Margery died. Watching the desolate room, David saw Exsavior and himself talking—like it was just yesterday.

When everything was better...

'Um...?

Right sorry, I meant how are you doing?

I am doing better.'

His smile was always so stupid to him. Exsavior was too honest about how he really felt, something that discomforted David. What he wouldn't give to have him do it at that moment.

Not wanting to see them any further, David shifted his stare to his feet. The dark scorched floorboards made him feel so livid. Why did everything need to remind him of a battle?

'I just wanted to apologize for being so selfish these past few days. You needed me and I wasn't there, what kind of Alpha does that?

Alpha?

I am an Alpha werewolf, and I am your Alpha—a leader if you will.

Damn what a lucky break. I'm just about as lost as a needle in a haystack! It's good to know you'll be there to help me out!'

A strong rumble coursed through the house, making Jasmine run out to the living room. David's fist ran right through the floor—his eyes hurting.

"He was always selfish...he always kept me out of things, handling it himself," David said, more to himself, causing silence to take control of Jasmine.

"Why didn't he look for me?" The shout made Jasmine wince, fearing that any response from her would worsen things.

"David...," she whispered, hating the way his eyes burned her.

Then a clatter broke their stares. David turned to the exit, seeing Mia standing there—her face lost.

"Isabel's gone...," as if things couldn't get any worse.

"What?" Jasmine spoke, surprised at the words.

"We were speaking...she was calming me down, but then something happened," pausing, Mia looked at David's shocked eyes.

"She said that everything was going to be ok, that she was going to make it right."

"Why didn't you stop her?" In an instant, David redirected his shouts towards Mia as he stood.

"David, calm down," Jasmine tried, but he ignored her.

"There was nothing I could do, she used a Traveler's Potion and disappeared," Mia said to him.

"This is unbelievable," David uttered, running past Mia in anger to go outside.

"Where are you going?" Jasmine's shouts called back to him, but he never returned. He simple yelled back and ran off into the night.

"To do something about this whole shit of a mess!" and with that said, Mia and Jasmine were left to themselves.

Jasmine looked at her, with hard eyes. Her rival, the woman that took Exsavior away from her.

"Angels...they always intervene and do whatever they please, uncaring of who gets hurt," she spat.

Mia's eyes dimmed, but she remained poised. "Are you saying I'm selfish and that this is all my doing?"

"Do you disagree?"

There was silence, up until the moment Mia's expression mimicked Jasmine's austerity. "I don't."

The reply silenced the lycan girl, making her leave the room to go back to check up on Exsavior.

~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~

"Lynn, wake up!" With a groan, the red haired Templar lifted herself up from her bed.

It felt like ages since she last separated herself from the mattress.

"What is it?" her eyes, adjusting to the room, saw her sister standing there with concern.

"I need your help. Everything has gone to shit—Exsavior, he's been...," but she didn't continue her words, making Lynn wake up completely now.

The Templar dressed herself, eyeing her sister with worry. She couldn't remember the last time Mia had ever used a curse word—this must have been something grave.

"What happened?" she asked, but Mia couldn't speak. Her eyes were red and her face was flustered.

It made Lynn close the distance between them, "its ok. Whatever it is, we'll get through it."

She didn't quite know if there was enough will inside her to fight again, but finding out was better than just laying around.

When Mia hugged her back, Lynn nodded and went into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her face was pale, eyes dark and heavy with her red hair in disarray. The sight caused her to open the medicine cabinet. She saw two flasks sitting there—one containing the liquid that was killing her and the other, Locke's ambrosia. Hesitantly, her hand hovered over the blue flask, before grabbing it. Lynn scanned the substance, and thought about consuming it.

That is, until she heard something.

'Ms. Templar, ya really need that thing ta fight?'

Looking up at the mirror, she did not see her face anymore.

"Darius..." Lynn whispered, the tears already threatening to fall. She knew it was her mind playing tricks on her again, like it always did.

'Oh c'mon now. You're better than this.' He smiled at her, that big grin that she missed so much.

"I can't do this. I just feel like everything is weighing me down." She spoke to the mirror, as if it really was him.

'Then be stronger. If ya can't get rid of the weight, carry it!'

The words surprised Lynn. She wasn't expecting him to say such things, but then again, she didn't even know if this was real.

'Lynn, I know I'm dead. That was hard for you, but what are ya gonna do now?' he asked her. That question was daunting; she didn't want to hear it, much less from Darius.

'Are ya gonna die? Just because ya don't wanna keep fighting? Are ya really gonna give up? What would my life mean then?'

"Why did you protect me?" She cried now, unable to control herself.

'And what if I didn't? You would have protected me and I would be in your situation. The difference...I would fight. I would fight every damn thing that dared to take away what you gave me.'

She stared at the mirror, her eyes wide and red—tired from all the crying.

Why was she always tired? Why did she need to be tired? She didn't want to be that way anymore. Darius was right—if she was going to die, better fighting than in some dark room on some bed all alone.

"Lynn...?" Mia's voice brought her back from reality. She turned and saw her sister.

"I'm just...ah," Lynn stuttered, clearing her throat and wiping her tears furiously.

"Its fine, Darius meant a lot to you," she said sternly, making Lynn nod.

"We should get going." And with that said, Lynn and Mia left the apartment to walk the streets. It was late out, almost midnight, and as they found their way to the sidewalk, Lynn stopped.

"Where do we need to go?" she asked.

There was no answer on Mia's behalf; instead, she stopped before Lynn.

"I need you to give me that necklace." Her words confused Lynn.

Instinctively, the Templar lifted one hand and touched the top part of her chest, where any necklace would lie. It was then that she felt it for the first time. Looking down at her palm, Lynn saw the Eye of Horus materialize from thin air.

"H—how did I—" but she couldn't finish her words for Mia interjected.

"Give me a good reason as to why you have Isabel's necklace." Mia's voice was serious, giving off an intimidating tone.

"I—I didn't even know I had it. Someone, someone must have done this." She was at a loss for words. "Believe me, Mia." Her eyes pleading with her sister.

But Mia remained stern, "then give it to me." One hand extended before her, awaiting to see Lynn's response.

"Yeah sure, give it back to Isabel." And just like that, Lynn took the necklace off and handed it to Mia.

The minute the golden object landed on her palm, a swooshing wind came upon them. Their ears were flooded with a strong vibrating sound, but Mia remained unaffected by it. Looking up towards the source of it, Lynn's eyes clashed with a swarm of helicopters. They were the Covenant's aircrafts.

"Oh my god, what's going on?" Shifting her stare back towards Mia, Lynn's eyes widened.

"You stupid fool; you don't know how long and hard it was to find you while you wore this. It's a good thing I decided to check up on Mia's apartment." When the words were said, Mia's form changed before Lynn's eyes.

Her body shook rigorously, making her skin adapt itself to that of another.

"Claire!" Lynn shouted, the flashes of Darius's death swarming her mind.

"You know, I checked the apartment a couple times, but even like that I couldn't find you. Despite the fact that you were but a room away." Claire smirked. "I guess when you sleep this thing takes drastic measures," she said with a laughter.

The chuckle triggered the rage within Lynn, as she rushed to strike Claire in a blind fury, but the shapeshifter avoided her attack. Claire shifted into an eagle, her beak carrying the necklace as she flew off.

"I will kill you!" Lynn screamed from the top of her lungs while falling to her knees. The tears streamed down her face and fell to the ground in a race against the hard pants she emitted. Never had she felt such anger.

Then something dropped alongside her, right next to the droplets of tears. She looked at it curiously, and realized that it resembled a snowflake—only its color was that of a faded pink. More of them started to fall from the sky, but it made no sense. In the sky they fluttered about until they descended. Specs of white pinkish flurries that were not cold nor warm.

"What the hell?" Lynn said to herself, wiping the tears off her face when she looked up at the sky.

Her stomach sank—they were not coming from the clouds, but from the countless Covenant helicopters.

"Shit, whatever this is, it can't be good." And as if confirming her worries, a scream pierced the night. It followed many more, and when she turned her back out of instincts, Lynn saw a hellish beast running amuck.

A giant scaly body with protruding veins and muscles, a large tail and disgusting red eyes, she'd witness this monster before.

It was an Aberhant.

Immediately seeing this, Lynn conjured her blades and slayed the beast, running back inside her home. She burst into the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet, hearing the wails of the night plague the city. With no doubt, her hand grabbed the flask as she inhaled the liquid. Her body warmed—it felt soothed and her skin took color.

"Thank you, Locke." With that said, Lynn moved towards the bathroom window and saw the horrid scene.

White and pink fluffs coated the city, and all over shouts, screams, sirens, crashes and everything chaotic adorned it.

She wasted no more time, as she jumped right out of the window and tapped into her Patron.

"I beckon thee oh noble King Gilgamesh, make this offering to your sun god Shamash!"

In an instant, her body was embellished in the translucent golden armor from when she fought Terry. The action made her swoop down into the city with her blades unsheathed as she readied to do battle.

~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********~~~~

'There is nothing I wouldn't do for you.'

Hours went by, and she couldn't help but worry.

She stood and entered the dark room; everything remained silent for nothing moved. She could only feel his breath, the upheaving of his chest every once and awhile. Her heart warmed to his figure, although banged up.

Slowly, Jasmine kneeled before the bed as she absorbed the beautiful rays of the moon that shone through the window. Her eyes bore all her hidden emotions; every single one she ever felt for him.

"Exsavior..." Her hand grabbed his bandaged one and she relished in the touch. To her, he looked so serene in his slumber.

She smiled feebly when the tears threatened to shed. "You know, I never did tell you what I felt the first time I saw you." The memories of when she first laid eyes on him came rushing back, overpowering her.

"That time..."

~~~~Flashback~~~~

I had been playing with Toushiro, running around the reserve when we all felt it; a presence had neared the town.

"Toushiro, come back! You still haven't learned the basics of your training!" I could see him frolicking about from here and there, constantly bothering the rest of the denizens. I smiled, no one seemed to be bothered by his eagerness; either that or they all feared the son of Alpha Haldus.

Sighing to myself, I dashed towards his nimble body. His small form always gave him the advantage over me when playing these pointless games.

"Ungh, Toushiro, I'm not playing around!"

He giggled back at me, mimicking my speed and dodging my attempts to grab his collar. "You're so slow, Jasmine. How can you ever hope to teach me?"

At some point, we managed to leave the populated area as we reached the borders of the Reserve. If Toushiro made it to the woods, catching him would become close to impossible for me, aside from that, there's an eerie presence closing in on the town.

"Toushiro, stop, you're going to get us both in trouble!" He stuck his tongue out at me and leapt atop a high pine tree.

I followed him as quickly as possible, but he eluded my advances. He had disappeared into the thickness of the forest.

"Damn." Much to my dismay, something else landed on the branch with me at that moment, and my clumsiness made it snap. I hadn't realized that it had been able to hold Toushiro but my weight was a different story.

I slipped, ungracefully, and as I tried to regain my balance, I felt a strong grip around my waist. The presence had reached us and that something that landed with me was probably it. However, the hold was warm, and its power surged through my body. It felt blissful, tickling my soul and creating electricity in my chest.

My breath began to compete with my racing heart.

'What is this feeling?' I couldn't look up not until I landed. Obviously, someone grabbed a hold of my falling body.

I was put down gently on my own two feet, and instantly, I heard Toushiro's ranting. Apparently, he was apprehended as well. Instinctively, I turned to face whoever it was, and that's when I saw him for the first time.

So tall and lean, his figure was well built and his black hair, shinning almost blue under the setting sun, dangled beautifully over his chocolate eyes. I was stunned by him. His eyes, at the time, bore much confliction, but I was still able to see the warmth hidden beneath them. Normally, in any other situation, I would have been on the defensive, but his presence was alluring and so calming that I could not help but be drawn in.

"Dude, are you ever gonna let me go?" Toushiro, exclaimed.

He laughed, such a beautiful sound, such a boyish mirth. And then he looked at me. I reacted so jumpy that I moved back and my cheeks flushed when I noticed my actions.

"I have a feeling if I let him go, he'll run off." There was laughter in his voice. "My name is Exsavior by the way," he said as he bowed.

"My—my one and only...," I said it without thinking. I couldn't control myself—he was like looking into a fairytale made real, as cliché as it was. Werewolves functioned that way—we unknowingly find our perfect match, and from there it's up to us to make it work.

"Pardon?" My cheeks must have been hotter than the sun.

"Oh—I mean—uh, my name is Jasmine." It was a lame attempt to recompose myself. "...and I am the Flower Maiden of the Mountain Wolf pack in the Sierra Reserve, daughter of Alpha Haldus." But my words only made him beam, so handsome and perfect.

I knew.

His beautiful smile captivated me, more than what I already was.

'He is my imprint...'

~~~~End of Flashback~~~~

"That was such a long time ago...," she thought to herself after letting the memory fade once more.

Not able to withhold anything, Jasmine let her head rest on his side, her hand playing with his in a wistful manner.

"I wish I could stay with you like this forever." The tears overpowered her, as they flowed freely.

"But I can't...Exsavior..." She took a deep breath, "Toushiro is missing," and began to tell him something that troubled her.

"Ezekias did something." Before she knew it, Jasmine began crying right next to his slumbering side. "I tracked him here to the city—I wanted to help him by myself but," she paused, sitting up to look at him. Her hand grazed his cheek.

"...but when I realized that Ezekias had him, I knew that I needed your help." More tears threatened to disturb the silent room with sobs.

However, she fought them; she fought against her weakness and stood. "But I can't ask for your help now, Exsavior," she said his name wistfully. "You are brave and strong, so I will be that not just for you, but for Toushiro."

She knew what awaited her and she knew that her wishes to be with Exsavior were selfish. Everything she had done was selfish, and now her baby brother, Toushiro, would pay the price if she did nothing to stop Ezekias.

"I guess, I kinda understand why that angel girl was selfish too." The words were low as her eyes dimmed, reflecting the boy she loved.

After crying herself out, she slowly took in Exsavior's sleeping form one last time. The image of him shattered her heart, but she pushed herself forward. Moving towards the door, Jasmine lifted one hand and grabbed the white star-shaped flower that held her hair in place and laid it atop a small wooden table, allowing her black hair to fall gracefully down her back.

One last glance at her beloved before she opened the door and left.

It didn't take long after Jasmine's departure that she finally emerged from the bathroom that was connected to the room. She heard it all, everything that Jasmine said to Exsavior. All of her crying, she witnessed it, and now she did not know what to do with herself.

Mia felt her heart cry out in pain, but it wasn't a reasonable feeling, and the fact that Jasmine held such bravery to do what she did, made it all the more difficult to bear.

"Why? Why do I only think about myself and my feelings, at a time like this?" The tears fell down her face.

Looking up at Exsavior, she could only think one thing. 'I am not deserving of you.'

She made up her mind. She would not come in between Jasmine and Exsavior any longer; it just didn't make any sense to be involved with the alpha after realizing that she would not remain in this world. And it was right for her to decide this—after all, someone needed to be there with him after she was gone. In her head, Mia was aware that she didn't possess any of the powers her friends had, and her combat skills weren't the best. But since she was the only one aware of the situation, she had no choice.

Jasmine needed help.

'Exsavior...you mean the world to me, but there are other people here who just have more resolve than I do.' With a saddened face, she grabbed hold of his hand and squeezed it to reassure herself. She could still feel Jasmine's mana and that urged her to not waste any more time.

"I promise, I will bring her back for you." Her tears touched his cheeks, as she departed from his side.

Mia spread her wings into the night and flew hastily away from the ruined house. Hope swelled within her, the only thing she latched onto—the only thing that let her keep going. It was, after all, her beacon and the symbol that regulated her powers.

'Exsavior will be safe by himself. It's my friends who need me now,' Mia thought with great angst after remembering what Isabel said.

Her friend was planning something dangerous, but right now, Jasmine was more urgent. After she saved her, Isabel would need the aid. Determined more than ever, Mia reached the city overhead and realized the turmoil that befell it. Her eyes were stunned, unable to comprehend what was happening. She heard wails and screams; she saw fire and ash blaze about the buildings. Something was happening in Oakhurst—no, Ezekias was happening in the city.

"This is bad," she said to herself, having her attention caught to her arm when something touched it.

She did not realize it before but a powdery substance was in the air. It never did rain like she thought it would, instead, white pinkish flecks showered the sky, and when it touched her arm, it began to burn. Of course, it did nothing to her, but the material sizzled and evaporated.

"What is going on?" Not wasting anymore time, she quickly changed her plans. Jasmine was still a priority but afterwards, Oakhurst needed the saving.

With a powerful flap, Mia repelled all of the dust and flew through it like an ashen comet.

Jasmine was fast—she managed to get a great distance, especially since she left before Mia did, but even so, Mia was an angel. Their flight was the fastest travel compared to any Immortal.

"What are you doing here?" The she-wolf screamed at Mia, who flew overhead.

The lycan was speeding towards the research building—the very same one that was owned by the Covenant, Co. Research and Development.

"I'm here to help you," Mia answered back, still following her trail.

"Why? It's not enough to take my soulmate that you have to rob me of the chance to save my own brother?"

That remark held much bitterness, and if Mia wasn't as determined as she was, she wouldn't have been able to say anything.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm not meant to be in this world, I selfishly came here and altered everyone's lives, including yours. But I want to make it right!" Mia stopped her flight, in hopes that her words would get Jasmine to understand.

But the girl scoffed. She did not look up at the angel; instead, she came to a halt at the front gates of the research facility.

"This is where I saw him with that old bastard." The lycan girl scanned all of the surrounding area, but saw no indication of her brother.

"Jasmine!" Mia's voice carried itself throughout the night as she swooped in from behind her.

Turning to face Mia, Jasmine saw the angel take a hit. Something latched itself onto her. It growled and tried to ravage the wings of the angel, but Mia simply spiked her purified aura and repelled the being. The spirit pressure Mia emanated brightened the area all around and burned the attacker.

"Toushiro!" Realizing who it was the minute the body fell onto the floor, Jasmine ran past Mia to be at the boy's side.

Only the young pup snarled and jumped on all his fours again. His eyes were red and clotted, as if infected and his mouth was coated with an uncontrolled drool.

"What has he done to you?" Jasmine whimpered in her wolf form at the boy, hesitantly approaching him.

"Jasmine, be careful...," Mia said to her in a low whisper.

"No...No!" she wailed at Mia. "He is my brother! My baby brother, I don't need to fear him!" Without thinking much, the Flower Maiden Prodigy ran after Toushiro, who stood with a crazed look.

Jasmine pounced on the boy, putting him on his back as she attempted to get through to him.

"Toushiro! Answer me, I know it's you, you're better than this," she tried, but to no avail as the young one slashed at her canine face.

"Toushiro...father and everyone, they're worried." No response just more growls and claws that attempted to kill her.

"Ryouken! Remember who you are!" She begged him, pleaded with everything that she was.

And it started to work.

The name froze the boy, making him stare at her in curiosity. When this happened, Jasmine felt alleviated. She backed up to let him stand, making Mia all the more wary.

"Ryouken...it's your birth name. The name of your star, remember?" Repeating it, Jasmine watched Toushiro closely, hoping for his reaction, but the boy only started to wail.

He was calm at first, but in an instant, he began to hold his head in what appeared to be pain.

"No, Toushiro what's wrong, tell me!" Jasmine cried as the boy crippled in pain, making Mia swoop in and touch his head with both her hands.

"Shhh....calm down, you'll be safe," Mia chanted in a soft melodic tune. She knew that there was no healing him on her part, but she could at least put him to sleep. Last she checked, that ability would not hurt Immortals, and it was the latest power she acquired—thanks to Elias.

"Wha—what did you do to him?" Jasmine asked her, still shook up by her brother.

"I just made him sleep. His mind is resting, whatever happened to him seems to be some sort of affliction cause by Ezekias. I figured it was originated in his head," Mia said sternly, watching the city below continue to blaze in havoc.

"Thank you." It was just an utter, but it was enough for Mia.

"Jasmine, I meant every word. I want to make things right. I will leave this world once this is all over, and I wouldn't want anyone else to take care of Exsavior if not you." Surprisingly, those words were hard to say, but once they were voiced, she felt odd.

As if it was definitive—no turning back.

"I hope you keep your word then." With that said, Jasmine lifted her brother onto her back and started to move.

Mia followed her closely, feeling a very horrible sensation.

"Jasmine, something is not right. Why would Ezekias capture your brother and leave him here for us to find so easily?" she asked the lycan, knowing that the only conclusion would dawn on her.

"You think it's a trap. Even so, what else can we do? I can't leave him here." Mia knew she was right. Trap or not, they needed to aid the boy. It was just one of those maniacal plans—flawless in every way, where the only beneficial outcome would be for the damn witch.

Deciding to avoid the warring city, both girls took to the forested area—traversing its dark density. There was a moment where Mia looked up to the sky and noticed the moon begin to make itself full.

"There will be a full moon tonight, that's good news for you and Exsavior," Mia said with hope.

Jasmine nodded but laughed at same time. "It's good for Exsavior, but not for me or Toushiro. We are of the crescent moon clan. Wolves that respond to that phase rather than the full moon," she explained.

"Oh, I didn't know it worked that way," Mia answered, still feeling relieved that Exsavior would heal faster.

Suddenly, there was a groan, and this made both girls freeze in place. Jasmine laid her body down and put her brother on his back to eye him. He was finally coming too, but they didn't know whether that was a good thing or not.

"By kami, where am I?" the young boy said, rubbing his head furiously.

The words and his voice made Jasmine jump in joy. She pounced on him and licked his face. "Toushiro, you're ok. I'm so glad."

"Ungh, c'mon sis, aren't we a little too old for that?" he scoffed at her gesture, making Mia smile.

Once Jasmine separated herself from the boy, they knew answers were due.

"What happened to you Toushiro?" Mia asked him, still feeling wary.

"Uh, last I remember I was...watching the guys train and then I felt something. It was weird, like a presence calling me," he said with the most genuine face he could muster.

"It was Ezekias, somehow that bastard got into our home."

"But for what?" Mia asked, unsure of the witch's motives.

"For what indeed. My word, Toushiro you take too long and I'm a god that is running low on time."

The words split their ears, making knots within them. They felt dread at what that voice meant.

"Ez...Ezekias...!" Mia said in fright as she looked up past the trees. "How didn't I feel your presence?"

The silvery long strands swayed under the dawning moon, cascading like a lost soul. It coated the old man's slender body that was hidden under his black flawless suit. He levitated about, remaining still and menacing like a demon summoned from another world, a darker violent world where blood and death empowered the mighty. The most frightening thing about him was that he didn't look hostile—he just was. He existed so calmly, riding the winds like a spirit that would rip anything to shreds if it was agitated.

"What did you do to Toushiro?" Jasmine yelled angrily at the man, her fur rising up in an aggressive manner. It made the ground under her give way, as she prepared to attack the witch.

"If you want to know so bad, let me show you." Mia disliked those words, but before anything could be done, they all looked in the boy's direction.

"Toushiro." Ezekias let the name slip his tongue, but when Jasmine's stare fell on her brother's, he simple said one word, "What?"

Nothing happened, calming Mia's nerves slightly.

"Don't play with me you bastard!" Jasmine was now fully enraged and just as she was about to pounce on the old timer, something latched itself onto her neck.

"Jasmine, no!" Mia screamed, but it was too late.

From Toushiro's mouth, an enormous greyish scaly tongue came forth. It was some sort of parasite for it detached itself from the boy, making him cough and gag out of repulsion. The creature took the form of some kind of scorpion; its tail piercing Jasmine's large wolf neck, and the more it got closer, the stronger its hold on her became.

"To—Toushi—ro..." Jasmine choked back on her words, feeling numb all over as her legs gave out.

"You son of a bitch!" Mia yelled, taking flight and summoning her purge to swat at the creature.

The being released itself from Jasmine, having no other choice. It quickly scampered about until it jumped towards Ezekias. That's when he scooped it up in his hand and proceeded to devour it. His dark brown eyes flashed a white hue when he consumed the bug, allowing a small wave of energy to wash over him. "That was delicious."

Disgust was beyond what Mia felt at that point—it was just the vilest thing she ever witnessed. "I won't let you touch her," but nevertheless, they were still in much danger.

"Oh dear, you haven't a choice." His voice was so calm and composed, imitating that of an innocent child—as if everything was a game.

"Toushiro, run!" Mia yelled when the words left Ezekias's lips, making the young lycan pup run off in fear.

There was a scoff, "I don't need him, you foolish girl," and then there was a fast movement.

Mia wasn't able to keep up with his speed, all she ever saw was his hand repel her with the same power Rose exhibited back then. Her abdomen lost all of its air, as Mia was hurdled into a tree.

'How...how can that power work on me...?' she questioned it, but instantly remembered when Locke was able to overpower Elias—simply because, he was stronger.

"No..." Mia's voice was low, as she lifted herself up and saw the man hover before Jasmine's paralyzed body.

"I am Captain Ellen-Mia! I am a Hashmal, and I won't let you take her!" she screamed, allowing her power to shower the forest. The purest most beautiful form of light enveloped her body, allowing the purge to manifest.

She conjured a wave of holy energy from her hands as an Enochian sigil formed before them.

"Votum!" The sigil flared to life, emitting a powerful laser. It soared through the night sky in search of Ezekias, but the witch stood there nonchalantly.

"Telecinesis." He conjured once more, making the beam collide with the invisible force.

It stopped and then disappeared, leaving Mia shocked.

"H-how can this be?" Her voice went frail, until a large grin wrapped itself over Ezekias.

"How?" his scream infiltrated her ears like a nightmare. "Because I am a god!" It followed the very same power she just manifested.

A vortex came about and reemitted the purging beam towards Mia, faster and much more brutal. The angel cried out in pain when the light consumed her, making her feathers fly about as it left her body singed. Tears formed over her eyes when they met with Jasmine's, her knees coming in contact with the ground. The lycan girl, unable to move, parted her lips. "Take care of them..." and before anything else was said, Ezekias let loose his tongue and impaled her torso.

"Sanguisugae." He consumed her spirit essence, absorbing it with his wretched power and taking the life of the Flower Maiden, but the worst happened after.

His face swooped down, and took a giant bite out of her side. He let the blood drip all over his face and clothes, relishing in it. The sight was monstrous, a cannibalistic atrocity that made him more barbaric.

And all Mia could do was watch, as she failed, the tears taking her vision and will to fight.

Ezekias scoffed, "Who needs that alpha mongrel. Now that I have this power—one of the final ingredients to opening the gate!" he yelled into the night, lifting his arms and making the trees and ground give forth moon flower blossoms that were tainted with specs of blood.

Thousands of them filled the area, illuminating the forest in an ethereal glow of white and red. They were like spirits, guiding him to his ultimate destination, for they created a large trail. All of them were grouped and gathered resembling a meadow-like path into the beyond.

Lifting up the pendant he coveted for years, the very same trinket that started most of his conquest, Ezekias smirked with his glowing snow white irises and bloodied mouth. Mia was unable to sense him because of the jewel, and now it was finally in his hands. "The Eye of Horus and along with the power of a Flower Maiden...all that's left is the book of shadows and the blood of a homunculus."

He bellowed a laugh, relishing in his powers while leaving the scene. Everything was perfect in his world, for the remaining ingredients were at his grasp.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

50.5K 1.4K 52
We've heard of the usual supernatural entourage; werewolves, vampires, angels and all that but.... have you ever heard of a succubus? No? Let me give...
250 58 23
3rd place winner for the romance category in the Nova Nexus awards!!! 2024 Amanda has been through a lot these past few weeks. Kidnapping, starvation...
3.8K 166 4
Christian is the Catholic Church's best executioner. Dedicated. Devout. Deadly. Ever since the Church saved him from the decimated ruins of his homet...
349 59 26
At the start of the 20th century, humanity made a grave decision, killing the husband and unborn child of Dioram, an ancient and powerful sorceress f...