No Werewolves Allowed

By SweetnessInTheSalt

She was weak, a disgrace to the Moonstone Pack. She was lost and rejected by her whole pack, even her new mat... More

Acknowledgements
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Author's Note
Authors note 2.0

Chapter eleven

7.3K 239 23
By SweetnessInTheSalt

"Love is about going that extra mile even if it hurts"

-- Jennifer Flackett, Little Manhattan: The movie Novel.

______________________

I stormed to my room and slammed the door shut. My parents actually thought they could tell me what to do. The stopped having that privilege the day they stood by and did nothing while I got hurt. While The Moonstone Pack treated me like dirt.

I watched them obsess over Cassie's "achievements" and how they showered her with kisses and affection. They bought her everything and gave her anything she could've ever wanted.

Shaking my head, I stalked into the bathroom. I fixed myself up a little bit, teasing my hair so it looked less flat and walked back out into the hallway to start the second half of training. I dreaded that, not knowing what other surprises would come along today.

My life had changed in so many ways for the past week all because of those stupid hunters. I'd never even hurt any of them unless they threatened to hurt my friends and I, they brought this onto themselves. I walked past the children's playroom. It was Ashton's before but he gave it up so the younger werewolves would have something to do since they were too young to fight. I loved him so much.

The room was large — considering the fact that Ashton was Beta. Now though, it looked a lot smaller with the toys scattered over the ground, and also with some children running around. The blue walls were covered in drawings and paintings that some of the kids had done.

The little boys and girls of all years ranging from three to thirteen all ran around the room and played with each other — well mostly, the older ones lounged around on their phones. An older girl of about thirteen was reading a story to the younger ones, the classic Cinderella story.

They were lucky, they were lucky enough to be able to have each other. They were happy enough that they still believed in mates. That was because they'd never felt like a lost cause, they'd never been rejected by the one who was supposed to love you. I knew better, I'd had first hand experience to have your heart torn into pieces by a heartless jerk that only cared about his reputation.

There was a blonde boy about six years old that caught my eye, there were a group of girls talking with him and guffawing loudly.

Basically as close as you can get to flirting as six year olds. The boy didn't pay attention, he waved them away and called the other girls who sat in isolation 'losers'. It wasn't exactly an offensive insult but to a kid, it would definitely take a toll on you.

"When you find your mate, he will reject you cause you're so fat and ugly!" The blonde boy cackled along with his little friends. "And if I was your mate, I'd reject you too!" He stuck out his tongue and laughed at the brunette girl who stood defensively. The other kids around them watched and didn't say a word.

My blood immediately boiled in my veins. I knew he must've meant it as a joke, but it hit home for me. He didn't know how badly one's chest burned at those words, and how it would stay that way for years after.

Without thinking, I walked into the playroom and towards the group of bullies and the little girl who's eyes had begun to look glassy, her lips jutted out into a pout.

I bent down to my knees to be at eye level with the the kid. "What's your name?" I asked.

The boys eyed each other and then me, their eyebrows furrowing slight in confusion. The blonde but recovered quickly however, his lips twitching into a smirk.

"I'm Andy." He pointed time himself proudly, practically bursting with pride and with his huge ego.

I almost rolled my eyes at this, he was exactly like the younger version of Cael from what I could remember. The other boys behind him nodded, snickering about me to each other.

"Well anyway, I couldn't help but overhear what you said. Rejection from your mate is the worst thing anyone could ever go through." I explained to the boy and his face scrunched up as he watched me.

"How would you know?" He smirked.

"I know what it feels like." I stated simply. It wasn't easy to admit something like this to people — to anyone, but I needed them to understand. I didn't want him to become the way the Moonstone Pack had treated me. I didn't want him to be like Cael, and reject his mate.

The boy's eyes widened slightly, his eyes glistening with a mixture of excitement and curiosity.

"What was it like? Why would you get rejected? You're not ugly." He asked and I chuckled at what came out of his mouth. He literally just called me attractive and he didn't even know what it really meant, what did he know? He was in kindergarten. His version of cute was a girl in a plain T-shirt, hair in pig tails. A high school version of cute was — well, different.

"It feels.... like your whole world had just crashed down on you, like there's nothing to live for — but I know that it's not true. The two of us, we were young and... we didn't know what it meant I guess." I explained, adverting my gaze to the floor rather than at their curious eyes. I couldn't find another way to explain to them what it actually felt like.

How your chest pinched uncomfortably to the point that it became excruciating. How it seemed like there truly was nothing to live for. The emptiness in your stomach that you would feel for months or years without end.

"Who was it?" Andy's voice and I snapped out of my daze. I smiled, pushing on my thighs to stand up from the floor.

"Now, that is none of your business." I almost laughed as his shoulders slackened in disappointment from my answer. "When you find your mates, you'll love them for who they are, or what they look like."

Andy nodded slowly, my words probably still sinking in. "I think you're right." I shot him a toothy smile at him as I headed back towards the door.

It had finally hit me how late in the day it was, and how badly I was running late.

I didn't wanted anyone to feel the unbearable weight on their chest if rejection were to happen. The hard clench on your heart, knowing that your mate chose someone else, and there wasn't anything you could do about it. And you were always reminded of it, every time you stared at yourself in the mirror. You were so close but yet so far away from the love of your life.

I stepped out of the room and ran into what literally felt like a wall. Slowly, I peered up, hoping — praying — that it was Ashton. I was met with a pair of hazel eyes. Cael.

Immediately, a spark shot up like electricity, to my spine. A warm feeling enveloped over me, until my toes curled.

My wolf howled in my head. She really needed to shut up. I didn't ask for her opinion.

I took a large step back and every spark in my body disappeared as quickly as they had arrived. My eyes widened as I took a deep breath through my nose, trying to ease the butterflies that had suddenly swarmed in my stomach. Cael stood rooted where he was, a stunned expression plastered all over his face as well as he blinked repeatedly, clearing his throat. The expression though was quickly replaced by a smug smirk.

"You were late for training and I volunteered to find you." Cael smirked.

If only I could just be in his arms. My wolf echoed in my head. Okay eww.

I guess maybe it looked snug in his arms, but it didn't mean that I wanted it. I rolled my eyes at his ego, higher than a New York City skyscraper.

Without saying a word, I shoved past him and scurried down the staircase, almost taking two at a time. If he had heard about my conversation, I didn't want to know about it. He could tell anyone he wished I just didn't need to know his opinion.

A hand clasped around my wrist as soon as we got far enough from the kids' room. I spun around just as Cael slammed my back against the wall — roughly.

I gasped, placing a my hands on his chest, in a pathetic attempt to shove him away. But he didn't move. Within moments, he'd pinned my arms to my side with both of his hands. I might have been a better fighter, but I guess inevitably, he was stronger.

He leaned in, his face just inches from mine, so close until my nose brushed against his chest. My breath hitched as he bent over, his eyes level with mine. Slowly, he inched forward and my wolf howled in my brain.

My thoughts blanked out as my body slackened against his hold, dissolving into his. My eyes fluttered before they widened again, my mushy brain was working again.

I reacted before I could stop myself, kneeing him below — the area between his legs. He grunted, bending over, his hands cupping down there.

"What the fuck?" He groaned as he collapsed onto the floor, on his knees. His body was arched over. My lips twitched upwards, slowly at first until I dissolved into guffaws at the sight of his flushed cheeks and his face that was now contorted in agony.

"Are you serious? I was just messing around!" He moaned, falling to his knees again.

"I don't care, I have a boyfriend! What if Ashton saw!" My laughter dissipated into anger, and I felt my stomach boil up. I loved Ashton and I didn't want someone like Cael to ruin it.

Cael staggered to his feet again, a smirk slowly spreading over his lips.

"Then you can break up with him be with me." He shot me a toothy grin. My mouth feel agape at him as I felt a rush — a satisfying burning sensation spread over my body from his words. My cheeks grew hot, turning into an embarrassing shade of red. His lips curled into a smug smirk from my puzzled expression. "I know you can feel it too, it's the Mate Bond, you can't deny it."

It was getting hot.

My mouth opened but shut when no words came out. I slapped a hand over my mouth, and bolted towards the door, away from Cael and towards the training field.

The Mate Bond was something that no werewolf could deny was fake. It was some inexplainable pull towards your mate that can't be helped in any way. Without them, you feel empty, like a part of you is missing. With them, you feel full again, giddy, and happy.

But I had no feelings for him. I had to have none.

He rejected me, and things would always be that way. I couldn't fall for it like my naive fourteen year old self. Could I?

______________________

A/N: wow, Lila might like him....?

EDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 12.2K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
34.4K 1K 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
27.9M 637K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
7M 257K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...